Why Him? (Draco Malfoy Story)

By Rey_Frost462

My name is Davina Lilith Potter, I'm Harry Potter's little sister. And as if learning about this new life wh... More

Intro
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
News! News! News!
Its up!

Nine

18.3K 332 184
By Rey_Frost462

Note: There's not gonna be much Draco in this chapter. But I will make it up to you in the next one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was in Transfiguration class when I heard the door opening. The entire class turned and saw Professor Snape march in and he look angry. Well... furious is more the word he always look angry.

Harry, Hermione, Ron were going to go see buckbeak before they... um... well you know.

"Professor?" McGonagall asked.

"Where's Miss. Potter?"

Everyone head turned towards me. I stood up and Snape motion me over. "That'll be all."

I walked out taking my things with me. He held the door as I walked out into the hall. Then he stood in front of me towering over me.

"Where's your brother?"

"What?" I said completely scared.

"Where has your brother and his friends gone off to Miss. Potter?" He said rasinging his voice. I said nothing. "I will not ask again Miss. Potter, you do reailze that Sirius Black is out and could well know kill him if you do not tell me where he is."

I didn't say anything and I didn't definitely showed him how scared I was at this moment. I was not going to let him know where they were because they weren't allowed.

"See Miss. Potter, if you don't tell me now this time they'll be no saving him. Not while Professor Lupin is helping Sirius Black."

My body froze. "What?"

"Where are they Miss. Potter?"

I glanced around and notice some students looking this way. "They went to go see Hagrid, before the Ministry kills buckbeak. That's all I know, I swear."

He grabbed my arm as we began to walk down the hall. He kept me in front of him once he released. We walked outside and there was no one at Hagrid's.

"I see the complusion of lying is something you and your brother share, much like your father."

"I wasn't lying!" I said as he went in front of me, looking around.

There was a scream, making both our heads turn. I immediatly ran recongizing it as my brother and Hermoine's scream. I was much faster than Snape, and I wasn't letting him hurt my brother. I reached the whomping willow and saw it moving.

Think Davina, think.

Snape grabbed my arm and pushed me back. He said a spell as the whomping willow froze and granted him passage. Snape went first.

He just left me here. I think he thought I wasn't going in. I pulled out my wand and rushed in going after Snape. I slid down and made it safe, with a few cuts of course. I regrabbed my wand and ran down the route and saw stairs. Going upstairs and notice we were in the Shrieking Shack. Harry, Ron, and Hermoine told me about this place. I made it up the stairs when I heard voices.

"Oh vengeance is sweet." I heard snape said. "How I'd hope I be the one to catch you."

"Sevurs." I heard professor lupin. I ran into the room and all eyes turned on me.

"Davina!" I ran to my brother and he pulled me to stand behind him.

"Can it be?" I looked and saw the man stnading on the other side of Professor Lupin. Sirius. He took a step close but Harry block me from his view as Snape rasied his wand higher at him.

"I told Dumbledore you were helping an old freind into the castle, and now here's the proof."

"Brillant Snape, put your kin to the task and as usual come to the wrong conclusion." Sirius spoke. "Now if you'll excuse us we have some unfinshed business to attend to."

Snape held the tip of his wand towards his neck. The three adults bickers.

"Davina." Harry hushed really softly.

I'd glanced down and saw his hand reaching back. I placed my wand into his hands.

"Ah the dementor's kiss, I hear it's excruciating painful to watch but I'll do my best."

"Severus please."

"After you." Snape looked at the four of us nodding his head to go out the door. Hermoine held out her hand towrds me as I took it and Harry let me go. Harry step forward, holding my wand in his hand. He raised it up and pointed it at Sirius.

"Expelliumus." He said sending Snape flying back and crashing into the bed.

"Harry what did you do?"

"You attacked a teacher!" Hermione said.

He pointed my wand at sirius. "Tell me about Peter Pettingroom."

"He was at school with us we thought he was our freind." Lupin answered.

"No Pettinggroom's dead." He pointed it at Sirius. "You killed him."

"No he didn't. I thought so to until you said you saw him on the map." Lupin went on

Map?

"The map was lying then." Harry concluded.

"The map never lies, pettinggroom is alive and he's standing right there." He pointed at Ron.

"Me? That's mental"

"No not you, your rat." Sirius said.

"Scabbers has been in my family for..."

"Twelve years." Sirius finished stepping forward. Hermoine held me back taking out her wand. "Curiously long time for a garden rat. He's missing a toe isn't he?"

"So what?"

"All they can find of Pettigrew is..." Harry continued.

"His finger!" Sirus looked at him. "The dirty cut it out of him to make everyone think he was dead. And then he transformed into the rat."

"Show me." harry said. "Give it to him Ron."

"Scabbers! What--" Hermione went to Ron to hold him back, letting me go. I walk over to my brother who pulled me close towards him.

Sirius placed Scabbers on the piano so he and Lupin can change him back. So they say. The rat started running away. Finally the got him and the rat started growing into a human. My eyes widen as Harry lowered his guard and the wand.

Lupin and Sirius grabbed Peter and dragged him to the middle of the room. Peter sniffed for a moment then looked at the two gentlemen.

"Remus? Sirius! My old freinds." He tried to run for it but the two grabbed him and pushed him back.

He looked around and laid eyes on harry and I. "Harry!" he said coming towards us. Harry held me as we took a step back. "Look at you! You look just like your father." His eyes fell on me. "Oh blimey you're--."

"Get away from here!" Harry said pushing me behind him more.

"Oh Harry your father and I were the best of freinds--"

Sirius rushed over. "How dare do you speak to Harry and Davina. How dare you speak to James to them."

Peter ran over to stand behind the piano. As Sirius and Peter still had their wands aimed at him.

"You sold James and Lily to Voldemort didn't you?"

"I didn't mean to." He said squirming. "The dark lord you have no idea of the weapons he possess. What would've you done? What would you have--?"

"I would've died." Sirius answered as they were opposites of the piano ready for whatever Peter did. "I would've died then betrayed my freinds!"

Peter crawled underneath the piano and tried to run out the door. Harry handed me back my wand as he stop Peter from going out.

"Harry you're dad wouldn't have want me killed." Peter said to my brother as he grabbed him. "Your dad, your dad would show me mercy!" Lupin and Sirius grabbed him and pushed him to the ground.

"Should've realized Peter." Sirus said. "That if Voldemort didn't kill you then we would. Together." Their wands were aimed and ready to kill.

"No!" Me and Harry both said.

"Children." Lupin said. "This man..."

"I know what he is." Harry said stepping forward. "But we'll take him to the castle."

Peter sighed and was thanking my brother. Crawling over to him and grabbing his feet.

"Get off of him!" I step forward my wand aimed at him. Peter sat up, backing off and looked at both of us.

"I said we'll take you to the castle. Then the dementors can deal with you." I saw the fear in Peter's eyes, he glance back at his old friends and everything made sense. Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, and my father James Potter they were all friends. And Peter had betrayed them to Voldemort, and he got our parents killed, framed Sirius. Sirius Black was innocent.

We began walking Peter back to the castle. Sirius and Harry carried Ron back down the shrieking shack as we made our way out. Once we got out I felt someone grabbing me.

"Please my dear girl, I beg you." Peter said pulling on my arm.

"Let me go!" I said trying to yank my arm out.

"Hey!" Harry shouted getting him off of me. Hermione linked her arm with me as we walked out and back into the forest. I went to Ron and so did Hermione, we let my brother go talk to Sirius. They were talking for a moment before Harry called my name.

"Davina."

I looked at hermoine who nodded letting me know she wanted me to go. I got up and walked over to them Siruis looking at me with such joy.

"This is Davina." Harry said placing his hand on my shoulder. "My little sister."

Sirus smiled as reached out his hands towards me. Only for a moment.

"I'm sorry, I...." he said.

I step forward feeling my brothers hands fall down. Sirus looked at me for a moment.

"Hello." I said. "My name is Davina, Davina Lilith Potter."

I saw his eyes watering a bit. Then I closed the gap and embraced him. He was taken back as well as I was but he tried to save my brother, that was enough to trust him.

"You look almost just like your mother." Sirus said as we pulled away. and kneeling down to my my height. "I'm sure you get that all the time."

I smiled. "I do." Harry stood beside me. we were all caught up in a moment until...

"Harry!" Hermione shouted. We looked back and saw her pointing at the full moon. We all glanced at Professor Lupin who was looking at the moon. Sirus ran to his friend as Harry pulled me over to our friends. We watched as Professor Lupin transformed into a wolf before our eyes. Sirius tried to hold him down and get him to control but he couldn't.

"Harry.... He's a..."

"Yeah." harry said standing in front of me.

Professor Lupin had kicked Sirius away from us. As Peter tranformed himself into a rat. Harry grabbed my wand and got rid of the wand in Peter's hand but it was too late. He had shrunk back down and turned into a rat, running back to the safety of the forest. Harry moved towards Pettigrew's direction.

"No!" I grabbed my brother not wanting to risk it.

he thought for a moment then look at us. "Come on." Harry said grabbing Ron and Hermione.

"No wait!" Hermoine said taking a step forward to a tired looking lupin werewolf. "Professor?" He whined, probably from the pain. "Professor Lupin."

He looked up and the howled making us take a step back as it came forward. Harry grabbed me and put me between Ron and him.

"Nice doggie. Nice doggie." Ron said.

Just then someone, Snape, came out of the hole of the whomping willow.

"There you are Potter."

Lupin growled then howled making Snape turn around. He stood between us, sheilding us from Lupin who stood on his hind legs adn swung his front paw, knocking us all to the ground as we avoided his clawed. It was about to pounce when a black wolf came out of nowhere. I look at the black dog when I realize I've seen it before. That was Sirius Black. My mind was exploding. I probably should've stay inside. They fought for a bit, mostly the black wolf was trying to get Lupin the werewofl attention away from us. Or rather from it trying to kill us. With success, the black wolf lead Lupin into the forest. We all had got back up on our feet.

"Sirus!" Harry shouted and going after him.

"Harry!"

"No!" Snape grabbed me from going after my brother.

"No, please. Let me go."

"You'll lead it back to us, if you don't keep quite." Snape said.

Just then there was another howl. We stopped and saw a glimse of Lupin heading down. I got out of Snape's grasp and tried to run but....

"Not so fast." Snape said pulling me back in. "Miss. Granger, Mr. Weasly stay here where you'll be of no more disruption."

"Stay here?!" Ron exclaimed.

"I'm not staying here!" I shouted. "Not while my brother is out there."

He stared me down but I wasn't going to give in. "Unless you want to cause more trouble then your borther and the rest of you are in, I sugesst you stay put or head back to the castle." And with that he left.

"Come on Davina." Hermoine said.

I let it go, not really, and helped Hermione with Ron. Lupin was still out there so we had to go back to the castle since Ron's leg wasn't looking so good anymore. We headed up and saw that my wand was still with me. Harry must've given it back in. We went up to the castle and halfway up, I felt something inside of me being drain.

"Davina?" Hermione spoke setting Ron down.

My head felt dizzy and place my hands out.

"Davina are you alright?"

"Something's wrong." I said feeling dizzer than I was thrity seconds ago. Then suddenly it stop. Hermoine sat me down and I place my head between my knees.

"Come on." Hermione said. "Can you stand?"

I nodded and helped Ron back up on his feet as we headed up. When we were on top there was Hagrid, Dumbledore, McGonagall.

"Heavens, what are earth are you three doing?"

My head was spinning again. Why was this happening?

I heard someone say my name but I couldn't pick out who. I tried to move but immeditaly regretted the decison and felt my body give and the earth pulling me down as everything turns into darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Davina? Davina."

I felt myself open my eyes and saw Harry sitting in front of me.

"What happened?" I sat up, still feeling light headed.

"Hermoine and Ron said you passed out." He said.

I replayed last night events. Wait. Last night. My eyes shot up and locked onto my brother.

"Sirius..."

"Is fine." He said in a low voice with a smile. "He's going to be fine."

"But Peter... he escaped."

"I'll explain." he looked around. "Just not here."

"I'm sorry." I looked down at my hands that were resting on my lap.

"For what?"

"Follow Snape to the Shrieking Shack. Getting in the way, like I always do..."

"Davina." He grabbed my hands. "Going into danger, yeah that was kinda stupid. But I understand. I would've done the same thing if I knew you were in danger."

I smiled as he pulled me into a hug and we stayed like that for a bit. My mind wander for a moment and then pulled back.

"Harry.... Did something happened to you? While you went after Sirius?"

"The dementors." he said. "They nearly killed us, except someone conjured up a patronous."

I replayed this year over in my head, along with the past two years.

"What's wrong?"

"Just something is bothering me." I looked around and saw a few people. "I didn't do a spell, i don't know why I passed out. I'm not hurt the slightest bit. Do you think something is causing this?"

Harry looked lost in thought after I said that. "I don't know." He brush a strand of my hair back. "But we can talk about that when this term is over. For now, let's enjoy whatever the year has left."

I nodded.

Madame Pomprefy said I was claer to go. Harry walked me to the great hall where we were going to eat. We notice people gathered around in the Gryffindor table. Their was chattering until Neville and Seamus came up to us.

"Harry where did you get it?" Neville asked.

"Harry can I have a go at it? After you of crouse?" Seamus continued

"What are you talking about?" Harry ask, which was confusing both of us.

"Quite would you." Ron said. "I'm sorry harry, I didn't mean to open it. It was badly wrap and well they made me do it." Ron pointed at his older twin brother.

"Did not." they both said.

We stood at the table and saw a large indeed badly wrapped gift.

Harry lifted the paper and there it was. A black broom stick that made my brother eyes brighten up even more.

"It's a Firebolt." Fred said.

"It's the fastest broom in the world!" George said.

"For me?" Harry stampered out. "But who sent it?"

"No one knows."

"This came with it." Hermione lifted a feather.

Harry smiled and hten looked at me. The best thing about being sibling we came read what the other was thinking. In that one look my brother gave me, I knew. Sirius.

"COme on Harry!" Dementry shouted.

Harry grabbed his broom and grabbed something else that was in it. Everyone began rushing out grabbing their things.

"This is for you." my brother said handing my badly wrapped gift. It was small but not quite large to stand out like his broom.

I watch as everyone dragged my brother outside. I looked at the gift and slowly unwrapped it to see a beatiful shining pedent that was inside. Along side it was a beatiful gold and sliver ring. I saw note at the bottom and read.

These belonged to your mother. And I thought prehaps your brother would like this.

There was also another letter

I, Sirius Black, godfather to Harry Potter, grant him permission to attend Hogsmeade trips.

I smiled and closed the box.

"Davina come on!" Ginny said rushing over.

I slid the ring on my right hand and then placed the necklace that was really long, like hermoines, over my head and let it dangle from my neck. I raced with Ginny outside to see my brother getting ready on his broom. I went to Ron and Hermione's side as he kicked off and sudenly was moving fast up into the sky. He shouted in excitement. I was laughing and cheering with everyone else, who was awing over his new broom.

"What all the ruckus about?" Malfoy shouted coming over.

"Harry Potter has a firebolt!" One Gryffindor shouted as everyone else was watching my brother.

Malfoy eyes widen and looked stun for a moment, Herimone, Ron, Ginny and I look at each other with satifcation that Malfoy now was dumbstruck and loss for words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk down to the entrace to see Professor Lupin loading his things.

"Professor?" I said walking towards him.

"Ah, Davina." He said smiling. "What brings you by?"

"Harry said you were leaving, actually he thought you'd like some help."

He smiled. "Of course I would my dear." I smiled and went over and help him load his things into the carriage.

"And how are you feeling my dear?" he asked.

"I'm okay, it was just a moment. Probably from everything that happened." I said as Harry was walking over with Hermione and Ron.

"Davina, I've been meaning to tell you something." Professor Lupin said making me look at him.

"Yes Professor?" I got down from the carriage and help him with a bag he couldn't get unstuck from the ground.

"Professor Lupin." Hermione said walking up as well.

"Ah good just in time." He said as he got the bag onto the carraige. "I've been meaning to tell you all this."

"What is it?" Harry asked.

Professor lupin look at me. "Not may people may have known this, but Siruis did. Hagrid too." He sat down on one of trunks and look at us. "The night your parents got murdered, the night Voldemort came to your home, Lily had gone into labor the morning of. There was a witch with your mother to help deliver you Davina dear. You weren't in your mother's womb when she was murdered. You were only hours old when VOldemort kill your parents. And the night before..." He look at me. "James sent me a letter saying they'd like me as your godfather."

"You're my godfather?"

"that means... she can leave the Duresly's." Harry said. "Be with you?"

"Yes." he sighed. "But however, Dumblesdore and I agreed on one thing. You are better off with your brother, Davina. But if you ever need anything I'll be there. And I can't be a guardian, not in my state. I don't ever want to hurt you Davina, your father wouldn't forgive me if I did. Or if I took you from your brother. But the choice is up to you."

"I want to stay with harry." I told him. "And I understand."

He smiled. "Well I must be off. Come now help me, all of you."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Now, everyone tomorrow's exam will be on...."

"I swear if she does hurry up." Simon said exhausted. "I might put my wand through my head."

Ginny and I laughed.

We were trying to pay attention but poor Simon was already bored and everyone, even the Ravenclaws, wanted nothing welse but to leave. The class were all taking instead of paying attention. I looked back up copying the writing she had put on the board. When I looked up she had turned back to face all of us as we all stopped chattering and sat a bit straighter. Then she turned around again and everyone resumed back to what they were. I looked down and saw a envelope right in front of me. I looked around and saw no one looking at, no one but Ginny.

"What's that?" She asked pointing the end of her quill at me.

"I don't know." Actually I did have a hunch. The professor turned around and I as casually slipped it underneath my parchments and notebook. The class had finally ended and I grabbed my things quickly as Ginny was being pulled into a conversation it our other friends. Heading down a different hall, with the letter shoved in my notebook, I made my way to the common room, since I had no more classes until tomorrow, and no one was going to bother me. I made it then headed up to my room, where Athena was perched up with something tied to her leg. I walked over, placing my things down on my bed and untied the box from her leg. She leaned into my touch as I gave her treats. I saw the writing on it and recongize it as Sirius.

I sat down on my bed and frist opened Sirius's gift. When I did I saw it was a jounral. It was absolutely beautiful and amazing. There was a small note on the front of it.

Your brother mentioned that you love to write.

I smiled and opened it, it wouldn't budge at first then i placed it down where i notice a small lock in the front. I looked at the pattern and recongize it almost immeditatly. Carefully I pulled tout my necklace where I had tuck it into my shirt. I placed the pedant on into the key and turned it, after hearing a click I smiled and opened it.

After seeing the empty pages I closed it shut, then dug into my notebook and pulled out the letter I got earlier.

Dear Davina,

I guess the better question is why not you? You're kind, loyal, also good. You stand up against you brother and when something is against your morals, you don't change because others want you. You're a bit stubborn, as well. You're a light in the darknest of place, anyone who spends a minute with you can see the caring person you are. When I heard you were in the hosptial I wanted come by and see you, the thing was your brother was there. Are you alright?

As for all the other question you've asked. Yes, you would recongize me. Only if I told you who I was you'd probably would've even believe me. As for the secrecy ... Everyone sees me a certain way and you've treated like a normal person. No one different, not while everyone expects me to be this other person. Especially my father. He wants me to continue our family legancy even has every bit of my life is planed, so that I was ready to be what was expected of me.

Well that and I don't have the courage to speak to you in person. If I appoarch you everyone's head will be turned. I want a freinship, a real frienship. I feel only you can give me that. Not to mention your borther is quite something. Not that I'm scared or anything, but he does have this wall of protection around and everyone knows it. Harry Potter's little sister. In order to get to you, you'd have to go through him. Even the are boys around Hogwarts wanting to ask you to study, but since last year and the fact your brother can speak parsaltongue, they're to frighten. I'm not like them of course. Though I don't want to go through your brother to talk to you. So that's when I started writing to you. Believe it or not it took five letters before I sent one to you. I coudn't figure our how to start, in truth I thought it wasn't good enough.

As for the name, you chose. My suggestion is adrimer, but I don't think it's appropriate quite yet. Are you excited to leave Hogwarts? I know I am. I can't wait to go back home. What are your plans for the summer?

Sincerely

your new friend.

Ps, i may have used magic it make this letter appear in front of you. My owl is a bit preoccupid and your owl wasn't in the owlerrioty.

I felt myself smiling as I grabbed paper and a textbook to write on and began writing back.

Dear...

I still don't have a name for you. I'm trying to think of one that would work but i guess nothing but your name could come into mind. But I know you won't tell me your name and I can respect that. I understand about everyone seeing you a certain way. Trust me, no one else see me but as Harry Potter's little sister. He's the more famous one, I was just lucky to survied. He's the wonder boy. But they still expect a lot from me, it's alot to take in. Especially family legacy I mean my father was a qudditch player and my mother was also a brilliant witch. It's a lot to live up too.

And no I haven't the slightest idea why everyone so scared of my brother. But really things should stop being so surprising when it comes to me and him. My brother would do anything for me and I for him. We're the only family we have so there's good in that.

As for the summer, no not really. I'm just going to try not to get killed by my Aunt and Uncle. My cousin Dudley's worst, he love to cause trouble between Harry and I. Actually he reminds me of someone here in hogwarts but not in a complety terrible way. I still hope for the best from him, where as my cousin there's not a million spells that could be created to help him. I just hope one day he'll come to his senses. Harry and I are stuck with him until school begins again. Unless, by some luck, our Uncle lets us go spend a few days with the Weasley's. They've helped us so far into the wizarding world. There's still so much I still need to learn though.

Your new friend, stranger.

I folded up the letter and petted Athena giving her one treat before she took off.

"Davina." I heard my brother calling me.

I quickly changed and grabbed my scarf and robe again. I rushed down and saw Harry ready with his uniform for quidittch on.

"Ready to try it out?" I asked him as we hearded out.

"More than ready. Can't wait to see how Malfory gets a load of this."

"Make him eat dust." I dared.

He wrapped one arm around me as we met with the rest of the house and all walked out together. This was going to be percy and woods last few games. Before they were finished with Hogwarts. So every bit of it counts. We made it out to the pitch. I went out with Ginny as we headed up and to the stands. We notice a few Slytherins were here, and like half their team. Most of them looked at my brother on his new broom. Which made me smile because one you can see them concerned about it and two there may have been a hint of fear in there eyes.

Neville and Seamus had pulled out a poster with all the teams names on them. And there was another for Harry. This is what I loved abuot hogwarts, we had friends. Friends who treated us normal, friends who loved us like no one else has done before, friends we can trust and even call our family. Before it was us just harry and me, now there was more people in our lives to make it full and eventful. Even if there was a dark lord out there trying to kill hundreds, that didn't stop any of us from living and enjoying the rest of the school year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note: This was also a long one. I hope you enjoyed it. Goblet of Fire is next, which would be Davina's third year, she's in the same year Ginny's in.

Also Remus is her godfather because why not?

Anyway's till next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

442K 10K 48
UNDER MAJOR EDITING!! IN WHICH - the potter siblings drive draco crazy, both in different ways warning: i really hate this fic lol i'll try to fix it...
2.6K 46 61
Y/n Potter just found out that she has a brother. He is supposedly the chosen one. She was expected to study at the same school as Harry, hoping they...
7.8K 136 7
Okey so this is not the best story you will ever read but give me creds for trying! A Draco Malfoy fanfiction! Lucius is abusing Draco just because h...
94.6K 3.1K 33
(Book 1 of Fate trilogy) ************** "We won't leave you", they grinned wickedly. He smiled and said,"My time is up. Avada Kedavera". Everything w...