soulmate || jjk

Від taejinscafe

jungkook was mesmerised from that moment in the dance studio, lights making her deep green earthy eyes glint... Більше

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
author's note
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35

21

200 10 2
Від taejinscafe

It was late October and leaves were already starting to fall off the tress, colours of orange, brown, yellow, scarlet, burgundy covering every inch of Central Park. Leaves rustled as I scuffed my Doc Martins along the paths, that I somehow knew back to front. Note that this was around the one hundredth time I had walked the same route. A ping came from my pocket averting my gaze to take it out and read the message.

Jungkook: Dinner my place tonight? xx

I smiled and replied back to Jungkook.
Since the concert we had been inseparable. Yet one thing seemed to be in the back of my mind. I hadn't told Jungkook I went for an interview. It wasn't a job interview. No, it was an interview to go back to South Korea, for a few months. I hadn't told Jungkook in the sense of I had a fear. A fear he would drop and leave me. Stupid...I know. Yet here I was, stressing in fear.
I took a deep sigh before shoving open the door to the editing room. Pulling my work lanyard over my head I rubbed my eyes in tiredness before opening up the editing app.

"Oh Astra, finally I've found you" Taehyung said as the door flung open and he walked into the room.

He slapped down a couple of folders with paperwork next to me as I gave them when look. Mentally groaning at the idea of work "right, I need to make an advertisement for 'L'atelier des subtils' perfume, but one thing. My schedule is busy and I can't possibly do it all"

"Taehyung..."

"so it's got to have videos for the actual advert that will go on television and..."

"Taehyung?"

"model photos for billboards..."

"TAEHYUNG" I placed my hand on top of the folders "listen to me...you need to stop stressing, pass this over to me" I pulled the folders towards me I'll do it"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes...I've got nothing in my schedules at the moment and I have a few people in mind as to who can help. So please stop stressing okay?" I said,

"But Astra, what if you can't complete the advertisement before going back to South Korea?"

"Then, I'll pass it onto you once again, and by then your schedule will be somewhat free?" I raised my eyebrow as he slowly nodded his head.

"You're a star" he shouted as he pushed open the door "just keep me updated, and let me know if you need anything" the door shut behind him as now I groaned reality setting in.

6pm. I turned the key in the lock and pushed my body against the door, allowing it to open up to my apartment. It was finally finished.

I looked over at the coastal green walls, deciding whether to hand up another picture on the wall. I sighed, deciding to think about that later. I chucked my  raincoat down onto the couch, the raindrops now pattering against the large windows. I turned on the coffee machine and waited for the liquid to filter down into my mug, now taking the time to properly look through the folders Taehyung had given me earlier that day.

My mind went blank as I opened the pages and flicked through reading what was expected. A person came to mind. I ran over to my couch, opening up the laptop screen a logging in. I bit my thumb, debating within my own mind whether this was appropriate. My emails opened as I hovered over the name. Sophie. Sophie as in Alex's sister. Yes. She worked for 'Channel' however in London, so she could be of help. I double checked the number she had sent me previously for work. I closed my eyes before pressing the button, the phone now dialling.

"Hello...Sophie talking"

"Sophie, it's Astra" I said into the phone, trying to keep my voice as steady as possible.

"Oh, Astra...it's been a long time" she replied, as I closed my eyes, hoping she wouldn't hang up the phone there and then "how are you?"

I opened my eyes in shock "I'm good actually...you?"

"Drowning in work but coping" she laughed, as I breathed a sigh of relief, the awkwardness slowly evaporating "anyways enough about me...how can I help?"

"I have the biggest favour to ask you. This might be a push but...I've got to advertise a perfume called 'L'atelier des subtils'. I just wondered if you had any spare models you aren't using currently?"

"Models available no, however I have details for a studio you can use in Manhattan. I'll send you the details of my friend who owns it, give me a second"

"Any ideas on models?" I asked, I knew I was pushing for something.

"Make use of Jungkook. They don't have to be professional, just available to well you know... advertise" 

"Jungkook?" I laughed "tough time convincing him"

"We'll see about that, let me know once you've cracked him" she said, as I heard her type an email out to me.

"Thank you so much for this really" I said as an email bleeped through to my laptop.

"Oh anytime, call me if you need anything else and most importantly good luck" she said

"Thank you so so much Sophie"

"Bye Astra" she sang as I hung up and made my way through the pages and pages of details she had attached and sent to me.

7pm. I looked back out the window to see the sky going a bluey-grey as it began to get dark. Date in an hour. I shut my laptop, placing it into the wooden coffee table and left the notes on top. I quickly ran through to the bathroom and jumped into the shower, giving my hair a quick wash. At least 20 minutes later I decided on an outfit, still remaining in my towel, and hair dripping wet still. A buzz came from the buzzer by the door to my apartment as I assumed it was Jungkook. I shoved my head out the window, the cold air giving me an instant cold rush to the head.

"Jungkook" I shouted trying to whisper at the same time.

He looked up at me and laughed as I failed to hold open the latch of the window.

"Busy up there?" He said with a smug look across his face making me roll my eyes.

"Give me 5 minutes..."

"It's freezing" he said as I looked at him, a small smirk playing on his lips,

"F-fine...I'll let you in" I sighed as I pulled the window shut and pressed the button, a small cheeky 'thanks' coming through the speaker.
-

"Okay, I need your help desperately" I began as I wiped away the food from around my mouth, halfway through eating a bowl of spaghetti.

He raised his eyebrow at me, before leaning back in his chair waiting for me to talk.

"I need you to model for me" he shook his head "it's for work" I added as he paused,

"What would I gain from this?" He asked, looking at me.

"What do you mean what would you gain?!" I asked as he chewed another mouthful of pasta "experience?"

"I was born experienced"

"Oh shush" I said kicking his foot under the table "fine, more of my time...you'd get more time with me"

"Can we shake on that" he held out his hand as I raised my eyebrow before linking my hand with his.

He pulled me closer to him over the table, before giving me a small kiss on the lips. My heart beating rapidly every goddamn time he did that.

"I know I don't ask much about Alex but, what happened after I left for Seoul?"

I froze, fork held in hand, the conversation doing a whole 180. I swallowed.

"What with Alex and I?" I queried as he chewed another piece of pasta off his fork,

"Yes"

"We didn't date straight away...he was just the next closest friend I had" I said "it hurt when you left and well to be quite frank he was there for me, when I needed him"

Jungkook remained silent, just listening intently, his eyes never leaving my face.

"You're really beautiful you know that?" Was all he said as I smiled "and I regret leaving"

"But then i think everything happens for a reason" I said as I pulled my legs up onto the chair, my chin now resting on my knees "maybe I was meant to meet you here again. And I'm glad I did"

That night I fell asleep in Jungkook's arms, it seemed easy to. The comforting smell on his jumper and the rising and falling of his chest. I believed that I was meant to fall back in love with Jungkook all over again. I wouldn't mind repeating that same thing over and over again. The concept of love was crazy. Yet I loved the feeling of knowing you were in love. This was what drove me to sleep. Knowing that I truly had fallen in love.

Little did Astra know, Jungkook lay that night watching her sleep with anxiety. It wasn't his fault he accidentally saw the sheets of interview papers that had fallen out of folder. He didn't mean to read them. He really didn't. Yet something compelled him to. Now he wished he never had.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

44.8K 3.2K 60
When she first laid eyes upon the beast, she was terrified but a part of her wasn't. The beast looks upon her with smokey black eyes that seems to li...
291K 13.4K 46
She opened her eyes, it was dark she couldn't see anything.Y/n felt someone is staring at her. She felt a warm breath hitting on the side of her neck...
1.8M 101K 20
"you certainly do make me feel pretty." (TRIGGER WARNING - eating disorder, self-harm.)
256 46 14
⇝ Her heart chased after him as my eyes were only on her. Her mind was filled with thoughts about him as I was suffering just watching her. ⇜