The Ebb & The Flow (Boy x Boy)

By PleasantMajority

A slice of life? A coming of age? This story follows two teens Wyatt, a seemingly mute boy. And River, your a... More

Chapter 1: The Flow
Chapter 2: The Ebb
Chapter 3: Head in the clouds
Chapter 4: Lover Boy
Chapter 5: 24/7/365
Chapter 6: Sweet Like Candy
Chapter 7: Orpheus
Chapter 8: If Only
Chapter 9: Barricades
Chapter 10: Sunny Side
Chapter 11: Teenage Blue
Chapter 13: Apollo
Chapter 14: Firsts For Everything
Chapter 15: The Shadows
Chapter 16: My Heart and My Car
Chapter 17: Warned You
Chapter 18: Lover
Chapter 19: I Love You So
Chapter 20: Unbothered
Chapter 21: Sweet Marie
Chapter 22: Bad Girl
Chapter 23: One Last Time
Teasers: Only In The Dark
Q&A

Chapter 12: Puchito

2 0 0
By PleasantMajority

A/N: Just who is this "puchito"? Wyatt of course. This chapter takes place the Monday after the date on Saturday. I'm really adamant about maintaining a timeline, sorry!

**************

River:

"He's such a catch that even old little Marley gets excited when she sees him." My dad teased, Joshua snickering a bit.

      We were recounting when he was over for dinner. Wyatt could be a tease, but his manners and kindness were unmatched I was sure. I found myself blushing at how he helped my dad finish off cooking our meal, even offering to do the dishes before he went back home.

"Josh you're supposed to be on my side." I complained, seeing him come back with another shrug.

"Well i'll be out of you boy's hair. Get that studying done." My dad said, beaming because he was off on a date of his own.

"Go get 'em tiger." Joshua cheered on as my dad left with a chuckle.

"So since I've been dying to gossip, let us go my student." Joshua grinned giddily as he grasped my wrist, leading me up the stairs to my room.

      He'd been wanting to pry out the details of my date the moment I got home. But I could never seem to have my thoughts together; going off on tangents about how much I liked Wyatt. He plopped onto my bed, patting the space beside him. I laid beside him, resting my head on his chest.

"How'd the date go after I left?" Joshua asked.

"Really good. He was so amazing Joshua. You should have been there." I began excitedly, hearing a chuckle rumble in his chest.

"You sound super happy. Did you smash?" He questioned, his voice sounding humored.

      I felt my face heating up as I thought of the prospect of that. 

"No." I replied simply, deciding to stay honest.

"So what did you guys do?" He asked, comforting me with how interested he seemed.

"We went for a walk on the beach. He told off Braden and his idiots." I went on, realizing I slipped up a bit. The last time Joshua heard about Braden and his lackeys harming me he got suspended for finding them after school and roughing them up.

      It helped for about a week or so. Until they came for me again.

"And afterwards we went back to my place for dinner with dad." I wrapped up, listening in on Joshua's heartbeat as I rested my head on his chest.

      Just when he was about to say something Marley came into my room whimpering. I knew that as a sign she wanted to go out on a walk. With her getting up in age she wasn't always active. So when she made requests my dad and I obliged. 

"Walking time? How about we swing by loverboy's?" Joshua questioned as I sat up; a little fast might I add.

"Why must you tease me?" I cried, getting a playful smack on the back of the head as Joshua got up, pulling some funny faces at Marley getting her riled up and excited.

"I'm rooting for you. I want all the details of this relationship brother." Joshua grinned at me as I got up as well, heading downstairs alongside him and Marley.

     Joshua fetched the leash, tossing it to me as Marley trotted over. Finished preparing we headed out as Joshua seemed to be thinking, a mischievous grin on his face as I saw his gaze over at Wyatt's house. Wyatt was actually outside, seemingly tending to their meticulous flowerbeds in the company of two men. One tall and the other relatively short. I recognized the shorter one as the man Cruz who had come to visit him.

"Those are some GQ models. Fuck they're hot." Joshua cursed as we made our way down the sidewalk.

"Are you sure you're straight?" I questioned, poking some fun at him while I could.

"Oh ha, ha." He replied flatly as Marley suddenly surged in their direction, trying to cross the street. 

     I was confused as Marley would follow you off of a leash. And she was always mild mannered. Though the elderly dog tugged me across the street rather forcefully.

"Marls wants her man." Joshua snickered as she quit literally didn't give me a choice as she tugged me up the Maddox's lawn.

"Puchito. Your boyfriend is here." The suave man known as Cruz commented smoothly with his accent that I know recognized to be that of someone from Spain.

     Wyatt turned on him with an exasperated look on his face the other taller man looking wildly confused and less intimidating as I saw he was relatively close to our age.

"You have a boyfriend?!" He asked, causing me to feel rather flustered. Wyatt stood up and gently elbowed the taller man in his ribs as Cruz locked eyes with Joshua who was unfettered by the perfection that was Cruz. Not a hair out was out of place on the man's head. His clothing immaculate and formal. He was looked well put together in every sense of the word.

     Wyatt gave me a short wave and a wink that I was sure only I caught.

"You are?" Cruz asked, his attention still on Joshua.

     Now it was Cruz's turn to be elbowed by Wyatt who frowned at him. Wyatt shot me a look and mouthed a sorry.

"I'm Joshua. Best friend and basically brother of this beanstalk." Joshua said casually, wrapping an arm around my shoulders while Marley moved to shower Wyatt in kisses to which he eagerly accepted.

"I'm still on the fact that Wyatt has a whole ass boyfriend and he still barely speaks to me." The taller man cried indignantly.

"He says you're always boring him to death." Cruz quipped, looking slightly humored.

"Wyatt, River. I'll catch you guys later. I have business to attend to." Joshua commented as he stared off at a longtime crush of his; Jennifer who was making her way down the sidewalk.

"O-okay." I stammered, nervous in the company of Cruz and this other man.

"So. Boyfriends. Have you two done the nasty? I knew I should have given you the talk about safety." The taller man rambled, causing Wyatt to blush as I was pinned in the gazes of both Cruz and the other man.

"I-I. We haven't sir." I stammered awkwardly, feeling my heart thump wildly in my chest as Wyatt cleared his throat, narrowing those pretty brown eyes of his at the two overprotective men.

"I won't tolerate you two chasing off poor River." He piped up, smacking them both in the chest.

"Puchito." The taller man complained as the little Wyatt began shoving them off.

"Nope. Tell your father I said hello." Wyatt tacked on as he followed them off to a rather nice looking car that was a particularly distinct shade of black. It seemed to look like a void; eliminating the curves and angles of the car's body that I expected to see.

      With a rather animated goodbye the two men left shortly after, Wyatt staring off after them for a while before turning back to me, his eyes lighting up at the sight of Marley.

"So I get visits now." Wyatt asked as he crouched down to give Marley some rubs behind her ears.

"She tugged me over." I admitted sheepishly as he smiled up at me.

      He seemed a little distant today at school. So it was nice to see him perking up now.

"Awww." Wyatt crooned, standing up and placing a hand on his hip.

"Well I have to check on Star, shower, and then dinner. You could either hang around or i'll see you tomorrow." He said, his eyes holding that twinkle in them that seemed to be asking a deeper question.

"Y-yeah." I said, Wyatt gesturing for me to follow him inside, Marley all too happy to follow.

      I was once again in the Maddox's residence, remembering to take off my shoes as they didn't allow them beyond the foyer. I'd never really paid attention to it. From the outside it looked just like any other cape-cod styled house in out neighborhood. But on the inside it was extremely chic and modern.

"Wy-Wy i'm hungry." I heard a small voice complain as a kid ran out of some random place in the house. He paused to looked at me, instantly offering his small hand for me to shake.

      I timidly accepted it, Wyatt looking humored all the while.

"You must be River. I'm watching you young man." The boy said, squinting his eyes that reminded me of Wyatt's. It was almost comical how he was looking out for Wyatt; who was clearly older.

"Aaron between you and the De Lugo's I can't even." Wyatt huffed, though a smile was there on his plump lips nonetheless.

"I'm still watching!" The boy laughed, bolting off into the house.

"That's my little brother." Wyatt sighed, offering me a small smile.

"He's cool." I admitted.

"Dinner will be ready in a few hours!" Wyatt shouted into the house, getting an okay from Aaron.

       Wyatt began heading upstairs without another word as Marley trotted up after us. I felt like a pervert but I could help but look at his rear end. It was perfectly proportioned to his body. Just enough projection to show in his athletic sweatpants. Feeling as if I was being disrespectful I tore my eyes from the pleasant sight to his upper back. Our walk was silent. Wyatt liked his silence. And around him it was comfortable. He lead the way to his room, the door ajar, beckoning me inside as I felt my heart hammer.

      My father always raised me to be respectful of someone I was courting. And even nailed it into me when I came out to him stating that just because I was attracted to men didn't make it any different.

"I won't bite." Wyatt chuckled softly, that charm of his hitting me hard and snagging on my heart and mind.

     Nervously I stepped forward across the threshold as a soft and warm scent hit me. It kind of reminded me of when Wyatt and I were in close proximity. The smell of lavender and something else softening the edge I knew it could have. Wyatt stepped over to his closet, grabbing some clothes as I looked over at his bed and saw our robotic baby thoughtfully nestled between pillows.

"I'll only be like five minutes. If Aaron bugs you just tell him you have my permission to be in here." Wyatt grinned as he stepped into a bathroom connected to his room.

       Alone apart from Marley curling up on a plush rug beside Wyatt's bed to sleep I let my eyes study the details of his room. Mine was decorated with posters of bands I liked. While his walls had a medals and awards. Those were the most obnoxious thing about the decor of his pleasant room. Walls were a soothing grey that were warmed by a string of dainty lights that cast a warm and atmospheric glow on everything. His bed neatly made, room well organized in stark contrast to my sometimes messy one. He really was perfection. I was snapped from my thoughts as I heard the door open, Wyatt dressed in those short red shorts he'd worn in gym once. And our school hoodie.

"Staying for dinner?" Wyatt asked, adjusting his glasses. His voice had that deeper question, his tone alluring as I felt myself drawn into the charm he alone had. Maybe it was the fact that I had a silent and distant crush on him for years?

"I...Errr." I attempted as he approached me, coming to stand between my legs. Even with me sitting on the edge of his bed I still had a bit of height on him. But for once we were close to eye level.

"Can I have a kiss?" I asked, heart thrumming in my chest wildly.

"Yeah." He whispered softly, leaning in.

     His soft lips met mine gently. I was catching on to what I should do when it came to making out. My hormonal body had seemed to react on its own as I reached out and gently tugged Wyatt onto my lap. He tossed his glasses aside onto his bed as they got in the way. I was afraid of hurting him. Not because of his size but what he'd went through being so fresh. I kept my hands respectfully on his waist as he seemed to hunger for me. I hungered for him so much as well. Our lips parted as I set my mouth to work doing all the things Joshua said people liked about kissing. I trailed a line of soft kisses along his cheek, down his jaw, down to his neck and collarbone, giving him a small bite and nibble. Wyatt didn't seem to mind this at all and egged me on as his head tilted back revealing his neck to me fully and granting me full access.

    Though suddenly there was a knock on his slightly ajar door.

"I won't intrude. But just wanted to let you know I made it back." I heard his sister Sherrie chuckle as I felt a blush spread across my face. It was probably pretty obvious she knew what we were doing in the confines of Wyatt's room.

"You're just as guilty young lady." Wyatt scolded playfully as he got off my lap; thankfully not brushing against my loud and proud member that seemed to want him as much as I did. Wyatt always silently assured me I was doing the right things. Even in times I felt disrespectful.

"Alright. Luckily you won't have my dad or the De Lugo's to worry about for dinner." Wyatt smiled as he took my hand, pulling me up alongside him.

"C-can I have another kiss before we go?" I asked, desperate to feel the sensation of his lips on mine again; if only for a second.

      He shot me that small smile of his, getting up on his toes as I was nearly an entire foot taller than he was. I leaned down to meet him, our mouths meeting making me want to do things my hyper religious grandparents would frown upon. We parted just as quick as we came together, his soft scent still lingering on me as he turned and headed out the door of his room. I was awestruck as usual, following after him, Marley getting up and following as well. I took my time though, trying to get my mind in a "clean" place. Reaching the kitchen I heard the Maddox siblings bickering among themselves playfully. I felt shy at the idea of being in their presence; kind of like an outsider.

"And i'm literally just saying Snow White is the silliest princess." Sherri exclaimed.

"H-hey." I spoke up, their collective attention turning on me.

"Shoo children. The adults will cook." Wyatt teased, sticking his tongue out at his siblings as he banished them from the kitchen, only turning to me when they'd left with exasperated sighs.

"I'm watching you Wy-Wy." I heard Aaron call.

"Your nickname is cute." I commented, wanting to smack myself as  Marley left me to stare out of a large glass sliding door. A blush crept onto Wyatt's warm-toned skin as he quite literally turned his back to me.

"Have a seat. I normally like the kitchen empty when i'm cooking but I don't want those demons tearing you apart." Wyatt huffed, clearly trying to hide how flustered he was.

      His reaction helped out my confidence as I took as seat at the lunch counter of their kitchen, resting my elbows on cool marble counters. I watched as he moved from fridge to cabinet slowly but surely cooking. I wanted to wonder where his mother was. But news in our small town spread fast. We all knew the well-to-do Maddox family lost their matriarch to cancer some years back. I wondered if that's why Wyatt essentially took on his mother's role in a lot of things he did for his family. My dad and I never managed to fill the void my mother left. Sure she died literally a few hours after I was born and I didn't know her well. But our home always felt empty in unusual way. Wyatt was warm enough to keep his household content it seemed.

     I was tugged from my thoughts when Wyatt cleared his throat, catching my attention.

"You were staring." He commented, seeming amused as he dried off his hands and stepped over to answer a house phone.

"Hey dad. Coming home in time for dinner?" I heard Wyatt speak into the phone as I turned my attention from him to offer him some privacy.

"Alright i'll set you some leftovers aside then." Wyatt said, bidding his father farewell.

"The food smells good." I said, my voice cracking awkwardly.

"Thanks." Wyatt said smoothly, Marley pacing around him excitedly.

       We kept our hands to ourselves as we set the table, Wyatt settling at a seat, patting the chair beside him after he called in his siblings. Sherri came quite literally carrying a complaining Aaron.

"I'm not hungry." Aaron complained before settling into the chair with a pout, crossing his arms. He honestly looked like the child version of Wyatt.

"But you always say that." Wyatt challenged as his little brother grumbled something under his breath, eating his food.

     My stomach growled, compelling me to eat as the Maddox siblings all tucked into their food. Wyatt didn't have a massive appetite from what I knew. And me being the bottomless pit I was I finished before everyone else.

"I take it you liked it?" Sherri asked with an amused smile on her lips.

"I loved it." I said, Wyatt's cheeks blushing vehemently as he nearly choked on some asparagus, coaxing a teasing chuckle out of his sister.

"Wy-Wy your face is a little red again." Aaron tacked on, something telling me the kid knew why.

"I think its bed time for you Aaron. You have school in the morning." Wyatt replied, composing himself with a shake as he got up.

"I'll get the dishes." I offered.

"Nope. I've got them." Sherri butted in, shooting me a wink. Now it was my turn to blush, Wyatt urging Aaron on as gestured for me to follow him. 

      I couldn't help but feel like a puppy lapping up his attention. I wasn't ashamed of it in the least though.

"Read me a story?" Aaron asked, getting an exasperated sigh from Wyatt who shot me an amused look.

"Ten minutes. Then bedtime." Wyatt caved, heading to his room as Aaron followed after him.

       I settled on the floor at the foot of the bed with Marley; wanting to be respectful. While Wyatt had settled at the head on his bed, Aaron leaning into him. I found it a little funny how little Aaron was so protective over his older brother. Wyatt began reading to Aaron, his voice comforting. It was either that or I liked him that much. It was soft; a little fragile as he didn't use it much. But it had a gentle and light effect that was calming. It hadn't even been ten minutes and I felt my own eyelids growing heavy. Though Wyatt wrapped things up, his bed creaking as I looked up to him smiling down at me. I took in his features as we just stared at one another.

      The tiniest smirk, a twinkle in his dark brown eyes. The way his dainty pale gold necklace hung from his neck that actually bared a small hickey I felt a little ashamed about leaving on him.

"You're beautiful." I sighed as he clutched the sides of my head in his palms, pecking my forehead with a soft kiss. I of course wanted more, though he pulled away, scooping a sleeping Aaron into his arms.

     He sent me a wink before he sauntered out of his room and slipped down the hall. I checked my phone, seeing it was close to 10pm. I didn't want to keep Wyatt awake even though I knew myself to be a night owl sometimes. He came back moments later, sitting across from me on the floor. His eyes held a curiosity, that teasing smile on his lips he'd worn often. It wasn't malicious; more coy than anything else.

"So what are you thinking about?" Wyatt questioned innocently.

"I-I-..." I stammered, unable to land on a single thought.

"I just realized the time. Pick this up at school tomorrow?" Wyatt said quickly.

"Did you still not want me to stay after with you for cross country practice?" I asked, Wyatt being on the fence about that idea.

       His brows knitted up as he seemed to be mulling it over one last time.

"Okay. I like your company anyway." Wyatt smiled warmly.

"Can I have a kiss?" I asked, licking my lips, Wyatt's smirk melting into a grin.

      He leaned forward pecking me on the lips.

"I think its really formal how you always ask." Wyatt smiled, blushing just a little.

"I've never been the person to force things. My dad would be mad at me anyway." I replied, nervously scratching the back of my head.

     Wyatt was up on his feet as he offered me a hand. I took it, trying to help myself up as well. Sure I was thin just like Wyatt. But my height still made a weight difference. Marley was up as well, eyes tired.

"I'm gonna miss you Marley." Wyatt crooned as he gave her some ear rubs.

     Wyatt and I made our way down stairs, collecting my shoes and Marley's leash as we stepped out onto the front porch of his house. He surprised me with a tight hug, take me a moment to pull his face into my chest as that's as tall as he was compared to me.

"Thanks for coming over." He huffed, his voice muffled by my shirt.

"No problem Wy-Wy." I said, realizing after I said it that i'd used his nickname.

"Its always Wy-Wy or puchito." Wyatt chuckled, pulling away.

"I can call you those right? What does puchito mean?" I rambled, feeling nervous now.

"Yeah. Puchito just refers to my height mostly." Wyatt huffed, rolling his eyes, their depths holding a humored glow.

"I'll stick with Wy-Wy." I stammered.

"Alright beanstalk. See you tomorrow?" Wyatt replied, cocking a brow at me in question.

"Yeah." I replied, as he hopped up to peck me on the lips, sending me on my way.

     As I made my way back home I felt my stomach fluttering. I hit the lottery with Wyatt, surely my dreams would be filled with him. He actually had me excited for school tomorrow.

****************

A/N: Yet another chapter wrapped and sealed. This book has been such a reprieve from the more intensive works of mine. Not to say this book lacks in depth. The sequel; yes I said sequel. Will have more adult undertones. For now my babies will be babies!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.1K 2K 40
Y/n l/n is a quiet boy who got sorted onto a dorm with a lot of loud people, yet he seems to attract just the right people to be left alone. (Warning...
53.8K 1.7K 72
Sebastian has been through a lot after realizing that he was gay. His parents took it in stride but his school and town were less than friendly about...
581K 25.2K 32
a story about two boys who end up in detention, and it somehow brings them closer. lowercase intended
10.5K 145 27
All six of the boys manage to survive and work together to kill the Grabber. They met as mostly strangers but left as friends who bled together. Finn...