Heart Under Construction

By iamjanessaelliot

After Shay THINKS things are finally cut off with her abusive/obsessive boyfriend Dante of 3 miserable years... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
:)
:) Part 2

Chapter 2

27.8K 560 41
By iamjanessaelliot

Alisha on the Left and Shay on the Right in the MM.

Shay POV

"GET YO FAT SELF UP!!!" My bestfriend, Alisha yelled while busting into my bedroom of our apartment that we shared together.

She started jumping up and down on my huge bed, making me shake side to side.

"Get...the fuck....out" I mumbled seriously while pulling the thick covers back over my head.

"Girl getcho ass up before we're late for our courses, you know how them bitchass professors be" She said hopping off my bed, letting a loud thump be heard.

Instead of leaving, I heard the footsteps walking in the direction of my bathroom that was attached.

Seconds later I heard the shower water turn on.

"You better be up next time I come in here" Alisha said warningly with a laugh before while leaving my room.

"Ughhhh..." I groaned for a second. "A couple more minutes won't hurt anybody" I said as I dozed off back to my comfortable sleep since we were up too early anyways

I was suddenly woken up by the rush of freezing water splashing all over my body, making me jump up quickly as reflex.

I looked at Alisha while she tried to hold herself up from tumbling on the floor laughing with a pot in her hand.

I was pissed off because we usually only slept in a bra and panties so it was my bare skin that took all the icy water instead of my clothes.

I calmly tried to breath out because my body was on full alert.

"Get the fuck out of my room before I murk the fuck out of your fuckin face" I said calmly while pointing my arm to the door.

This bitch just started a war.

She just raised her arms up in surrender before she left the room while laughing.

I breathed out and shook my head at my stupid bestfriend.

I went on to take my daily morning shower to get ready for the day.

I did my hygiene routine and stepped out of the steamy bathroom with a towel around my body with another large towel around my long, wet hair.

I creamed my body with cocoa butter before getting dressed and went to my walk-in closet as I began deciding on what I wanted to wear.

I decided on a corral and white striped maxi skirt with a white tank top that had a stick of lipstick on it and silver studded sandals.

I went back into the bathroom and stood there for a minute before wanting to put my natural curly hair in a high ponytail.

I'm not really big on makeup so I just go with the basics.

I carefully smoothed on some mascara, barely any eyeliner and lip gloss.... Always have to have the lip gloss.

It's mandatory.

I grabbed my phone, shades and Michael Kors purse before I made my way downstairs into the foyer and to the living room of the big, spacious apartment.

I seen Alisha scrolling through her phone while eating some Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal.

She looked up from her bowl and up to me.

"I see your finally up" she giggled. I couldn't help but laugh a little and shake my head.

I was gonna get her back eventually anyways...

"You look cute... and oh you want some of this oatmeal?" she asked, gesturing to the pot on the stove in our stainless steal kitchen.

I shook my head briefly.

"No, I'm good... We should get going because I want to get a muffin at Starbucks and some of that iced tea" I said confidently since their was still about 40 minutes left until class started.

I don't drink coffee... I barely ever even go to Starbucks but when I do it's only for the shaken tea.

Alisha nodded and put her empty bowl in the sink....

She had on white converse, blue flare jeans with a white shirt on that hung over her shoulder. It read "New York" in cursive.

Her hair was in a side bun with a twist in the front. She had just a touch of makeup because her face was already naturally flawless.

I love my chocolatey boo 😍

She grabbed her nude MK purse from the counter in the living room on our way to the foyer.

"You driving?" Alisha asked.

I nodded while getting my keys from the key tree that sat in the middle of the table by the front door.

We made our way out to the parking lot to my recently bought 2014 all black Jeep Wrangler right next to Alisha's flawless red 2013 Camaro.

After hopping in, I pulled off and headed to the nearest Starbucks by our apartment in Los Angeles.

It only took about 15 minutes to get to the little café.

I ordered a shaken berry teavana iced tea, a big poppy seed muffin with some coffee cake. Alisha ordered a coffee that sounds french and complicated with 2 cake pops.

We sat at one of the small tables and continued conversing.

"This coffee is giving me LIFE" Alisha said while taking almost half of her tall coffee to the head.

I laughed at her while unwrapping my coffee cake... I've always been a big pastry person.

We were talking for a minute, than the next... she got quiet before she slightly looked down.

"You okay?" I eyed her while I sipped my tea slowly.

"Girl I've been thinkin..." She said getting comfy in her chair before looking up at me again.

"About what?" I said with my full attention.

"I think you need to get back on the market..." She suggested with a shy smile.

Here we go again...

I immediately shut it down by shaking my head.

"I don't think that's a good idea... you know what happened last time" I added lowly, causing both of us to frown.

"But all guys aren't the same. You can't categorize all guys because of that one relationship honeybun" My bestfriend whined and pleaded to me.

I waved her off while fidgeting with my poppy seed muffin as I carefully studied the ridges in the paper that held the muffin together.

We sat there for a minute while we both thought... Alisha sat back shaking her head.

"Please... You needa find somebody. You can't be lonely all the time like this. It's not healthy.... Now let's not get it twisted, I don't rely on a man for my happiness but it's not a bad thing to have one" she exclaimed.

It was reasonable.

I'm not lonely. What the fuck?

I didn't bother responding. I just got up and slowly threw my coffee cake wrapper away.

I sat back down while looking out at the gleam of the morning sunrays before I slowly fell into a daze.

💭 Flashback 💭

"GET THE FUCK UP BITCH!!!!" Dante yelled while holding my shirt as he continued to punch my already bloody and bruised face.

I was going in and out of consciousness.

"OH SO NOW YOU CAN'T FUCKIN SPEAK!!?!?" He yelled. I couldn't even attempt to respond because my mouth was so swollen while it continued to throb.

"YOU GON LEARN STUPID BITCH!" He screamed...

And with that, he dragged me out of the apartment by my hair.

I was kicking him... trying to get him to let me go but he just kept dragging me down the cement steps to the yard.

It felt like their must have been a thousand steps....

I felt every single inch of the damp pavement against my ripped clothes and scraped bare skin...

It felt like he must have been dragging me for miles... until he finally came to a stop. He roughly dropped my limp body on the wet cement.

He left but not before saying...

"Stay out here like a dog like you belong you stupid bitch! I told you to learn your mothafuckin lesson but you clearly have not!!" He yelled.

I tried not to cry while I listened to the echo of his loud footsteps stomping further and further before I heard the apartment door slam.

I shouldn't have cared because a stranger wouldn't even treat me like this... But I was still being left out here like I was worthless.

I just remember laying on the wet pavement, struggling to see anything... I sat there looking at the blurry dark, rainy sky with the feeling of warm blood mixed with cold raindrops and cement, thinking of when all this was gonna end, before everything....

Went black.

💭 Flashback Over 💭

*Alisha snapping fingers in my face* "Did you hear anything I just said?" She said, getting a little frustrated.

I sat there for a couple seconds once more before I finally spoke.

"I'm not ready to put myself out there like that A" I said above a whisper with genuine sadness at the memories in my eyes before I looked up at her.

"You'll get through this... I promise... your a strong woman. You know that" she said. "I got your back no matter what" She said with a smile before she got up and hugged me.

"Thank you boo" I said as I smiled while hugging her.

"Now stop all this mushy shit and let's get to class before annoying Professor Hughes starts getting emotional" She spoke while we both laughed and pulled away.

"That's why your my bestfriend" I said while we continued to laugh together and gather our things.

We stepped outside to the car, pulled off and headed towards the University of Southern California.

Feel free to comment anything y'all :).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.9K 1.9K 38
This story is about a girl named Destiny. She lives with the constant abuse from her father and an absent mother. All she really wants is to be loved...
69.6K 1.8K 40
"You tryna fuck suhm?" "No Assiana. Watch the movie" "Mm..... I think you're lying" she hummed as her hand moves up to his hard on, massaging it. Are...
4.8K 150 20
*Read at your own risk* Who ever thought that a sweet girl like Rose would cross paths with a street thug like Ramon. Rose was always loving, and swe...
77.9K 2.5K 15
I knew he was no good. I was right all along, I was just another chick he fucked on. What happens when another man comes along? | All Rights Reserve...