The Gunslinger: Rising of the...

By Outlaw_Hunter

Y/N, a teenage boy visiting Japan in the summer, he comes across a book in a shop that will change his life f... More

Chapter 1: The Book
Chapter 2: A New Journey
Chapter 3: A Companion?
Chapter 4: Trust
Chapter 5: The Day Before
Chapter 6: The Wave of Catastrophe
Chapter 8: A New Member
Chapter 9: Help
Chapter 10: The Cowboy
Chapter 11: Catastrophe Returns
Chapter 12: Problematic
Chapter 13: Breaking Point
Chapter 14: Truth Revealed
Chapter 15: Close Call
Chapter 16: Judgement
Chapter 17: Judge and Jury
Announcement

Chapter 7: Dueling Pistols

18.4K 381 439
By Outlaw_Hunter

After the events of the Wave of Catastrophe, Y/N and Sistine made their way towards the next country. There was no telling when the next one will appear, but Y/N remembered the Queen telling him that there was about a month between each one. So, this is the perfect opportunity to train and figure out more things about this world Y/N is in.

"You doing okay? Not hurt or anything?" Y/N asked his companion. She looked at him and smiled.

"Not at all. I feel great, you?"

"Relieved just a little, glad we got out of the wave with no bad scars"

"Isnt that the truth, but" Sistine rubbed her chin in thought. "That Naofumi guy sure seemed like he didnt like us"

"He's had it rough darling" Y/N groaned but he continued, "he's been deceived, lied to, had everything taken from him, and the list continues. I don't blame him, but I hope to warm up to him. Because no matter what he says, all heros need to come together to defeat these waves so we all can go back home"

Sistine's face saddened at the word 'home'. She missed Rumia, Glenn, and her other friends in her world.

"You okay?" Y/N asked her, he saw that her mood changed.

"Yeah, it's just that I miss home. You know?"

Y/N looked forward towards the path they were walking on. "Yeah, I wonder that too. I wonder if my parents miss me or if me getting sucked into that book changed my life in my world. Your case is slightly different, but I know we will go home one day. Once all this is over" he reassured her while putting a hand on her head. He gently rubbed her head. He then heard a few sniffles, he looked down and saw that she was crying.

"Hey, don't cry" he pulled Sistine into a hug. She immediately hugged him back. She let a few sobs out while tightening her grip.

"You've been holding this in for quite a while haven't you?" He asked her. She only nodded, Y/N felt her pain. He then gently rubbed her back, she started to calm down a bit. She then let go and rubbed her eyes.

"I'm sorry" she laughed a little in embarrassment. "Its just always been on my mind. I'm sure they'll figure out the spell to find me. No matter what it takes" she then smiled again. Y/N didnt want to see her like that again, she needed to smile because her smile was simply heartwarming.

"Tears don't suit you" Y/N commented, Sistine looked up at him.

"You need to always smile, makes everything around here seem better when you do"

Sistine blushed to that and had to turn around, so Y/N couldn't see her this embarrassed. This caused him to laugh,

"You gettin all embarrassed now?"

"S-shut up" Sistine replied. Y/N continued to laugh, until they both heard some people coming towards them.

"You hear that?"

"Loud and clear" Y/N replied looking towards where the footsteps where coming from. He then spotted a few guards along with two other people that came jogging up to him. Y/N spotted two weapons on them, one bow and a sword in its sheath. "Get behind me" he commanded Sistine, she did so, but was ready to back Y/N up if needed so.

'The other two heros, dammit'

"Are you Y/N?" One of the heros asked while the guards surrounded them. He was wearing a light brown type of clothing that Y/N couldn't understand and a light green cape. As well as some armor covering his left shoulder.

"What's it to you?" Y/N replied looking at everyone.

"We need you to come with us, the King has requested to see you" the other hero stated. He was wearing some type of black clothing with a blue scarf. He had his hand grazing the handle of the sword.

"With this hostility, I ain't so shoar that it would be wise if we came with you two. You ain't even stated your names" Y/N replied having his hands near the holsters.

A/N: Shoar, Shore, is just a very deep southern accent for 'sure'. For all the RDR players, here's a little Arthur Morgan add ins.

"We were told what happened between you and Motoyasu, we were advise to proceed to you with caution" the one with the bow answered.

"They didnt tell ya what truly happened? Or just their side of the story? Like I said, you ain't stated your names, so you should proceed with caution"

"I'm Ren, the Sword Hero and that is Ituski, the Bow Hero. The King heard about your fighting and the helping for the town of Loot"

"Yeah and? We just doin our jobs. No need for thanks" Y/N replied tapping the handle of pistols. "You alright?" He asked Sistine. She nodded and looked over to the heros and the guards again.

"Well he intends to reward the Heros for their bravery, so I assume that he will most likely give something to you as well" Itsuki replied relaxing a bit.

"It can help us out a bit. You did buy me clothes, so a little money won't hurt Y/N" Sistine stated. She was thankful for what he did, but she would like for him to get the money he spent back.

"Muneh ain't the problem at the moment. But" he replied pointing at everyone in front of them. "Since you and your lackeys are persistent, we will go. But! If any of you ruffle my feathers one God damn bit, I will unleash hell" Y/N stared down at everyone. The knights backed up in fear, Ren did not seem to care what he said, and Itsuki was very unsure about this.

"Well then, shall we go?" Itsuki replied motioning them towards Melromarc.

"Yeah, why dont you all go ahead. We'll be the caboose, after the events with Cinderella, I dont trust none of ya!" Y/N yelled. The knights quickly took off, both the heros shrugged their shoulders and walked the other way.

"You seriously plan on going? What if they trick us or do something?" Sistine looked at Y/N with worry plastered on her face.

"Don't worry, I said I won't let anything happen to you" Y/N replied patting her head. The two of them started to walk towards Melromarc, very cautious, but it could be a chance to clear the name with them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone gathered in the castle that evening, all were drinking and partying. Three heros were all being praised by everyone in the hall. One hero sat in a corner, drinking a little bit, looking outside thinking about the wave and the encounter with Y/N.

"So a gun in this world Huh, makes it seem easier than it really is" Naofumi said to himself. He then spotted two people walking into the castle from below. One had the long silver hair, and the other had a cowboy hat on.

"I'll be damned, he actually came. Should be fun explaining that he's the fifth hero"

"Master Naofumi!" A familiar demi human ran up to him. She had a small smile on her face when she saw him.

"Yes Raphtalia?"

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to eat some of the food with me? It's really good! You should try it" she replied showing him a plate and trying to hand it to her. Naofumi shook his hand.

"Dont worry about me, you just enjoy yourself" he replied to her. She frowned,

"But-" she was cut off when the doors opened, revealing Y/N and Sistine. She was shocked to see them, as were a few people.

"Who is that person?"

"And why is such a beautiful young woman with him? He looks disgusting and yet she looks happy to be with him?"

"Quite the party you got going on here, your majesty" Y/N replied looking around. Sistine looked kinda worried that he spoke outloud without thinking.

"Ah, you must be Y/N. I've heard so much about you" the King replied. Guards went to surround him, but the king stopped them. Myne saw them and went wide eyed, she was about to say something, but the king spoke up.

"Now now, I wanted to see them myself. Put your weapons away. Allow me to introduce myself, I am King Aultcray Melromarc the thirty-second."

"Damn, theres been thirty-one others of ya? Name suggestions arent your strong suit arent they?" Y/N replied. This earned a few gasps from people, but Naofumi stiffed a laugh.

"I'll put that comment aside. I want to talk to you about recent events between you and my people and your efforts during the wave. The people from town of Loot spoke highly of you and your partner."

Y/N waved his hand to stop the king from talking. "I ain't the one who saved the town. That was Naofumi, I know yall aren't the biggest fans of him, but he did the work. Him and the raccoon girl. I did stop your people from burning the God damn place down though. That was very stupid on their part" Y/N replied while taking an apple and biting it. He then motioned for Sistine to get some food. The king was now getting a little irritated.

"How dare you talk to father like that! You should just lock him up right now daddy!" Myne yelled pointing at Y/N. The king was about to say something else but the Spear hero came down the stairs and threw a white glove at Y/N.

"I'll speak for the king on this one. You have no right to come in here and talk like this to his majesty. With that being said, I challenge you to a duel. For keeping that poor girl hostage and your disrespectful behavior towards royalty"

Y/N walked up to Motoyasu, surprised by his actions, but he remained calm. He took another bite of the apple, chewing it up and swallowing the piece. He then got close to Motoyasu, but Motoyasu backed up and got in a defensive stance.

"Well, look at you Cinderella. Did you get yer balls back for the evening from yer girlfriend? Challenging me to a duel? You might as well be as dumb as rocks or as dull as rusted iron. I decline your challenge, you ain't worth spit to me" Y/N replied turning around and walking out. He went to get Sistine, but guards started to surround her and put their weapons to block his path.

"You have a lot of nerve, but as king I order you to accept his challenge. If you don't, you will not receive your partner back and all crimes that you've committed will be taken to the full extent."

Y/N saw the guards grabbing Sistine and putting a cloth around her mouth. She was struggling while she was taken away. So much anger was rising within him, so he turned around and got into Motoyasu's face.

"Okay, I'll do it. But I ain't holding back, one god damn bit! You've threaten me and someone special. I will break you until they have to get the entire army to pull me off of you! And for you King dumbass!" Y/N yelled pointing at him, "we have done nothing wrong, but not play your games! You're all high and mighty sitting on that throne. What are you waiting for? Let's get on with this!" Y/N replied while his body fueled by anger. Motoyasu took a few backs, his eyes where wide from witnessing this anger shown by Y/N everyone else looked at him like he was a mad man.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone was to make their way into the arena. Princess Myne and Motoyasu were already in the arena. She was on the sideline cheering on the spear hero.

"Sir Motoyasu! You got this!" She ceered while giving him a wink. Motoyasu smiled back and started to pep talk to himself.

"Alright you got this, hes a lower level than you. Though, he did seem a bit scary when the king threatened him. No no, I got this. I will defeat Y/N!" He yelled while raising his spear in the air.

Naofumi and Raphtalia were in a corner, far from the other heros. They didn't want much attention when it came to this.

"The way Y/N snapped, I dont know how I feel about this master Naofumi" Raphtalia said outloud. She then looked over to see Sistine tied up in a chair. A few guards were covering her while she sat behind the King. She then looked over and saw the Pope from the three heros church in attendance.

"If it comes to it, we'll help them escape. He earned a little respect from me, but not enough to fully trust him. They're doing him wrong, and I hope he kicks Motoyasu's ass" Naofumi replied. They both then heard everyone silence when Y/N walked into the arena. He wasn't wearing his normal attire, this was something different. He didnt have his rifle on his back, it was replaced by a sword. He also didnt have his hat on, revealing his long dark brown hair.

"So you needed to change clothes to fight me?" Motoyasu tried talk smack to Y/N.

"No, being honest, I'm just going to have kicking your ass, and this form allows me to do just that. I'd advise you to take off your glass slippers, wouldn't want to break them."

"Why you" Motoyasu replied gripping the shaft of the spear tightly.

"Why don't you put the weapon down and fight me like a real man, with fists. I'll put my pistols away and sword away."

"Why would he want to do that? Hes the Spear hero, he obviously will use the weapon in a duel. That's a dumb decision" Myne spoke from the corner.

"Yeah! Why would I do that?" Motoyasu agreed. "You're the one with the dishornable weapons!"

"Suit yourself, you'll eat led for it. I tried to be fair, but that's long gone. I will enjoy this, every last punch" Y/N said cracking his knuckles and neck.

"May the duel commence!" The king ordered. Motoyasu was quick to attack Y/N at a great speed. Y/N sighed, just standing there.

"Chaos spear!" He yelled sending a special spear attack. Multiple spears started to attack Y/N as well.

"He isnt doing anything?" Some people in stands commented.

At the last second, Y/N pulled both pistols out, firing multiple shots, keeping up with the attacks Motoyasu sent. His bullets overpowered the attack and started to pierce Motoyasu.

"Those cant hurt sir-" Myne started to say but stopped when she saw him cough blood up.

"Damn you!" Motoyasu clenched his left bicep. "Meteor!-" he tried to say, but another bullet fired and hit the spear tip, causing the attack to stop.

"Whoa, you see that?" Itsuki commented.

"Either he cheated the system or that's a well practiced ability" Ren answered.

"What the?" Motoyasu stopped paying attention. He then was drop kicked by Y/N. Y/N quickly got up and got him into a corner. Punching his stomach and face constantly.

"You ignorant fool! Letting a dumb red hair control you! Listening to lies!" Y/N yelled while continuing to punch him. His HUD screen started to show a warning sign, he felt magical energy coming in close. He dodged and let the attack hit Motoyasu, this sent him into the wall. Y/N turned around with a deathly stare on his face.

"Ya cant even let him fight fair too! How desperate! Your little puppet will face the true force of somebody that is smarter, stronger than him!" Y/N yelled at Myne. She went paler than she already was, seeing that her plan didn't work. She then saw Motoyasu get up and quickly charge at Y/N. This smirk turned into a horrified face when she saw Y/N use an item that caused sand to explode, stunning Motoyasu. Y/N wasted no time to roundhouse kick Motoyasu.

"Whoa, Y/N is some type of fighter." Raphtalia commented in awe. Surprisingly, Naofumi was on the corner of the railing, eager to see where this goes.

"Raphtalia, get ready to save Sistine. This may not end the way we want it to"

"So, Y/N is very skilled. He dodge that magic attack from Myne. She obviously cheated, this match should be over already." Ren replied standing up from his seat.

The whole arena went quiet when that roundhouse kick connected. Motoyasu groaned and tried to sit up.

However, Y/N put a boot on his chest.

"Ya give up Princess? I think you've put yourself in a situation you cannot get out of."

"Never" Motoyasu coughed. Y/N sighed and picked him up. "Despite all of your efforts to the contrary, it turns out that I've won!" This lead to a knee into Motoyasu's stomach, then chest, and finally to the jaw, knocking him out cold. Everyone gasped when that happened. Y/N pulled his body to the center of the arena. Dropping him in the middle. The Pope was very intrigued by the thrashing Y/N gave Motoyasu. He decided to listen to see what he had to say.

"Sir Motoyasu!" Myne yelled running up to him.

"He ain't dead, just knocked out cold. Maybe that put some sense into him too" Y/N looked at Myne with the same death stare as earlier. He then turned his attention to the king.

"I have defeated your precious Spear Hero King Melromarc! Now, hand over my partner this instantly or I will use force! By the looks of it, I have a bullet for each and every one of you all!"

"Your fowl play in the duel will not go unnoticed! You cheated this duel!" The king tried to fight back.

"Actually! Myne cheated this duel by sending a wind attack. By that, Motoyasu will have to be disqualified!" Ren interrupted the two. Itsuki came running up behind him.

"Though we don't have a full extent on what Y/N's powers are, but that was all skill he displayed. Myne is the one who cheated" he added.

"I! I did not!" She tried lying. Ren retaliated though.

"Everyone saw it Myne. The only reason nothing was said was because your father ordered it. Y/N won this duel fairly." Itsuki said. This earned a small fit from Myne before getting a few guards to help her with Motoyasu.

"Then explain your weapons!" The king ordered. Y/N twirled his two pistols in his hands and looked up to the king.

"It's simple, because I'm the fifth hero that was summoned to this world. A hero that has weapons that are ahead of its time. Sound familiar?"

The king went pale and wide eyed.

"No, who could've summoned you here? Tell me!"

"That'll be answered another time. I'll give you a hint! She's very close to you! Now hand over my partner now!"

The King grunted in frustration, the pope then spoke up.

"Y/N is the clear winner. I do believe it's time that you release the girl. She's terrified, look at her" he pointed. The king saw that Sistine had tears in her eyes, just a begging look to let her go.

"Fine, let the girl go" he huffed. The guards untied her and took away the cloth. Sistine immediately ran down to Y/N. Y/N was in the arena waiting for her. She turned the corner and bolted towards Y/N. She tackled him into a hug that made him fall into the ground.

"I was so worried," she sobbed. Y/N patted her back and stifled a little laugh.

"Ya don't need to worry about little ole me. Come on, let's get out of here. I need to pay a visit to someone about all this mess" Y/N reassured her. She nodded, but wouldn't let go of him. Y/N looked at Ren and Itsuki,

"Thanks for the help. I dont know what would've happened."

"You fought well, very well. We'd like to know exactly how you received those guns for this world" Ren replied. Itsuki stayed quiet, still not fully trusting Y/N.

"Maybe some other day, but y'all should check on the pretty boah. I gave him an ass whupping of a lifetime." Y/N casually waved while walking out of the arena. He made Sistine release a little bit of her grip, but that changed into her holding his hand.

"I told you I wouldn't let anything happen to ya" Ren and Itsuki heard Y/N's voice once more before they left the arena.

"I don't know how I feel about Y/N, he seems like another Naofumi"

Ren shrugged his shoulders and walked towards the infirmary where Motoyasu was sent to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N and Sistine decided to stay the night in Melromarc before heading out. They happened to find a tent where there was a slave trader. He persuaded Y/N to buy an egg that could either be a filolial or a dragon.

"You give in too easy" Sistine commented while holding the egg. Y/N scratched the back of his head.

"The dragon sounded cool though, but having a filolial wouldn't be bad either"

She laughed and continued to walk towards the Inn that they were staying at. Before they got there, two familiar figures came into sight.

"Nice ass kicking there Y/N" the shield hero commented. Raphtalia went up to check on Sistine and noticed the egg. She then said her Naofumi had an egg as well.

"Yeah, he needed that. But I was a little bit worried about what would happen if Ren and Itsuki hadn't stepped in. Let along with The Pope too."

"They're all stuck up, all about theirselves. But I'm glad someone put him in his place." Naofumi replied with a small smile. Y/N laughed as Raphtalia went crazy that Naofumi smiled. Sistine couldn't help but smile too.

"So, where are you off to now?" Y/N asked Naofumi as they both entered the Inn, getting their respective rooms.

"Training, probably to Siltvelt, haven't been there"

"That's where I found her" Y/N replied rubbing Sistine's head. She pouted because she couldn't do anything from holding the egg. "The worship you there, so you'll have a warm welcome."

"Thanks for the info. What about you?"

"Eh I need to go see someone, to tell them about what happened here. I ain't letting King Dumbass off the hook. Then we will prepare for the next wave." Y/N replied. Naofumi nodded his head in approval. Then he wished them best of luck and headed to his room. Raphtalia quickly followed him, but waving goodbye with a bright smile.

"Well hes warming up to you." Sistine commented walking to the room.

"Yeah, but I think I ruined the chances of everyone coming together now" Y/N replied scratching his head again in embarrassment. They entered the room and got ready for bed. Y/N gave Sistine the bed, while he slept on the couch. The egg was tucked beside Sistine to keep warmth.

Y/N slowly fell asleep, remembering the fight that he had. He mentally smiled from that ass whupping he gave.

'I'm a badass for doing that'

However, something soft touched his forehead that made him come out of his thoughts.

"Goodnight Y/N, thank you for everything" Sistine whispered and scurried back to her bed, quickly tucking herself in.

Y/N smiled, "Goodnight Sistine, I'll always protect you, until you go home" he whispered back before falling into a deep sleep.

Well, what a chapter. Got to kick ass and take names. Turns out Bow and Sword heros are kinda smart. However, doesn't mean you earned their full trust. Motoyasu and Myne will still be a problem, even though we kicked that ass. Naofumi is slightly warming up to you, but the one goal of bringing everyone together just got extremely harder. Onto seeing someone that's important, but there are more difficult challenges awaiting, until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 18 17
Called to another world against his will, Cadverus became the Fisticuffs hero, a special hero summoned when all four Cardinal hero's are summoned at...
4.2K 104 8
As Naofumi and the other heros were summoned to the kingdom of Melromarc, they summoned an accidental fifth hero. This fifth hero was a young girl wi...
Betrayal By Lila

Fanfiction

787 48 19
The Rising of the Shield Hero- Naofumi x Reader Reincarnating into a world very different from hers, Y/N has been thrust into the spotlight. Her and...
213K 4.1K 34
(I DO NOT OWN THE RISING OF THE SHIELD HERO!) Lives Were Saved! Thanks To Y/N L/N, A Young Boy At The Age Of 17. He Had Done His Best To Save People...