Roommates

By CCKens

Cara Lee is cold, awkward, highly OCD and she is defininly not a people person. She spends most of her days i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
The End

Chapter 29

32.9K 1.3K 983
By CCKens

Hannah's P.O.V.

I hope I wasn't going to regret this. I was a little surprise when Tommy called up and said that Luna gave him a note to give to me. The note specified for me to meet her at the rooftop lounge at her hotel. It sounded like a bad idea.  I'm not sure if I should be worried about the possibility of her pushing me off the roof. The look she gave me when I opened the door to the apartment was a look of pure murder.

I was curious about why she wanted to meet me. It was one of the reasons why I decided to go and it gave me some time away from Jane's Korean lessons. She was so strict and mean that she turned into a completely different person. At one point she became so frustrated with me that she said for a lesbian, I really didn't know how to use my tongue. Cara turned completely red and dragged Jane out of the apartment.

I left Cara a note that said I was going for the walk so that I could get away from the apartment. As I approached the lounge, I could see Luna's reflection from the windows. She was the opposite of Cara especially in terms of fashion. She was dressed in a white blouse and a pink lace skirt.  Her long hair black hair was curled at the ends. I could see her black stilettos poking out from beneath the table.  I took a deep breath and did my best to walk confidently into the lounge.

Luna looked up from her phone when I approached. "You came?"

"I was curious as to why you wanted to meet," I answered as I took a seat in front of Luna.

"I just wanted to get to know the...person that my sister seemed to be infatuated with," Luna replied. "She was so adamant about her dislike for people and then you show up and she is a whole different person."

"I was surprised too. I didn't expect her to like me," I said. "At first I just wanted to get to know the person I was going to be living with and then I started to see how cute she was."

"I don't get it. I understand why a guy would like you but not Cara. Not the Cara that I know," Luna said with such irritation in her voice.

"Maybe you don't know Cara as well as you think you do," I said as I tried my best to contain my own annoyance. 

Luna stared back at me in shock and I could see the anger flaring in her eyes.  It was only for a split second before she did her whole creepy smile thing where she pretended to be happy.

"I'm just having a hard time believing. Why do you like Cara? How can you live with her?"

My annoyance turned to confusion. What was with these sisters? "She's sweet and adorable."

"Does she let you clean the dishes? How many times have you seen her check the stove or the door? Has she allowed you to touch anything in her room?"

Every question from Luna sounded like an interrogation. Cara has not allowed me to do the dishes and even when I tried, I would see that they were re-washed. At night before she slept she would always check the stove and door. I didn't think too much of it before until I realize how long it took her. She always stated that she had to triple check.  I've only been in her room a few times because most of the time we stayed in my bedroom.

"I can already tell by the look on your face," Luna stated. "You've overlooked everything."

"I may have, but it doesn't matter," I said. "Cara is Cara and I like the way she is."

Luna rolled her eyes at me. "Once you're over your little honeymoon phase, you'll start getting annoyed."

"I didn't come here for you to sow doubt in my relationship," I said with as much restraint I could muster. I didn't want anger to get the best of me.

"Here's the thing. We both want the best for Cara right?" Luna stared at me with such a condescending look.

"Yes," I replied firmly.

"My parents are not going to accept this relationship. Don't make her choose between them and you," Luna said.

"I'm not..."

"She's probably freaking out on the inside," Luna continued. "Cara doesn't need this. She's never been in a relationship before and she was better before all of this happened. What you two have is a misunderstanding. Living together has pushed all these feelings into Cara and she doesn't know what she wants."

"I didn't push any feelings onto Cara. The feelings we have for one another grew naturally.  I didn't tell Cara to kiss me. She kissed me!" I could no longer contain my anger. I wanted this meeting to go well, but it looked like it was going downhill.

Luna recoiled at my words, her face tensing up.

"I'm not going to just sit around and listen to you belittle my relationship.  I wanted to get along with you, but I don't think I can," I said as I got up from my seat.

"I don't want her to get hurt," Luna said softly.

"I would never hurt Cara," I said exasperatedly.

"But she is going to be hurt whether she chooses to obey our parents or stick in this relationship," Luna answered. "Your relationship is new and you two don't know each other as well as you think. Avoid the complications that will occur later on. "

"You're asking me to break up with Cara?" This was unbelievable. Was I hearing everything correctly?

"It will be for the best. Cara doesn't have to choose. You can be with someone else who can be in this kind of relationship," Luna said bluntly. "It will be better for you two. Living together has blinded you both from reality. Cara prefers being alone and she's going to be tired of the relationship. You're going to resent that distance. It's unavoidable."

"You don't understand that you're blinded by your selfishness. You're worried about your own career," I argued. I didn't wait for her reply as I quickly turned and walked out f the lounge.  Tears were stinging my eyes as I walked blindly toward the elevator. Luna didn't know us.

I hastily wiped my tears away from my eyes as the elevator doors opened. Luckily for me, there was no one inside as I stepped in. I took a deep breath, trying to calm my anger. I was so livid. How could someone say that? How could she ask me to disregard my relationship? Didn't she know how much pain that would cause Cara?

"But she is going to be hurt whether she chooses to obey our parents or stick in this relationship," Luna answered.

Her words stuck with me. Of course, I didn't want Cara to choose. I knew how hard she tried to please her parents. She wanted to be the best for them.  But then how can I throw away our relationship like it was nothing? Our relationship was still new and maybe we did get a little head over heels in our emotions, but that didn't negate the fact that we still cared deeply for one another.

"Cara prefers being alone and she's going to be tired of the relationship. You're going to resent that distance. It's unavoidable."

Luna's words felt like a knife stabbing at my chest. Would it be better for Cara if I weren't in her life? She didn't have to worry about relationships before she met me. I made her life complicated.  The doubt was settling in. I knew I shouldn't let Luna's words affect me, but I couldn't help but think that maybe she was right. Maybe we were blinded by by the excitement of a new relationship that we overlooked things.

My gaze fell on the hotel bar once the elevator doors opened. A drink sounded great. Something strong would be better.

The bar was dimly lit with the lighting coming from the windows and fireplace the middle of the room. Leather and velvet upholstery filled the room. There was something seductive about the setup. I made my way to the leather stools and took a seat.

"Can I get the strongest thing you have?" I slid my credit card toward the bartender.

The bartender's raised an eyebrow at my request before taking my card.

"A beautiful girl at the bar. It must be my lucky day."

The familiar voice caused me to bite my tongue. My day was getting worse. Adalene placed her Black Hermes Clutch on the counter.

"What are you doing here?" I do my best to hide any irritation.

"I am meeting Fabio here," Adalene replied. "What about you?"

"A bad meeting," I answered. "Now I just want to leave."  I turn in my chair to leave, but Adalene stopped me.  The bartender places a glass of an amber liquid in front of me.

"Please don't let me stop you from enjoying your drink." Adalene glanced at the glass in front of me. She does a bad job of hiding her contempt. She slid into the seat next to me.

I take the glass and I down it. It's rich and sweet at first but then it rips through my throat like a fireball, causing me to cough.

"Two glasses of Petrus," Adalene called out to the bartender.  "Let's get you something much better."

Adalene turned toward me, her dark eyes smoldering. She had a way of looking at you like you were the only one in the room. It was piercing and intimate. I had to look away. I fell victim to those dangerous eyes before and I was not going to let that happen again.

"Your hair is getting darker," Adalene mentioned.

"It's because the weather has been getting colder," I said. "You've always liked it lighter."

"Either way, you still look beautiful," Adalene added.

Her words reminded me that I shouldn't be alone with her. I feel a pang of guilt. I shouldn't be here with her. Before I can change my mind, the bartender placed two glasses in front of us.  The dark red liquid is beautiful and hypnotizing. A taste should be fine. I take the glass in my hand.

"À votre santé," Adalene declared as she raised her glass toward mine.

I'm in no mood to pick a fight with her, so I  clink my glass with her before I took a giant sip of the wine. The wine was bold and rich in texture. It was much better than the drink I had before. It took me back to a familiar place.

"Remember that time I took you wine tasting in Bordeaux?" A hint of nostalgia and amusement settled in Adalene's voice.

"Oh god, don't make me remember," I grimaced.  I was too eager to try all these expensive wines that I drank more than what my body could handle. I was a loud drunken mess. Ever since then I tried my best to avoid or limit my intake of alcohol. Sometimes I do a good job and at times like this, I do not.

"All the locals kept complaining about the drunk American dancing like a maniac," Adalene chuckled.

"I looked like a fool," I stated with a shake of my head. My eyes wandered back toward Adalene. There was no doubt that she was a stunning woman. She looked refined in her black and white collared dress. Her dark red lips were curved into a smile. It reminded me why I fell for her. Her effortless elegance and her confidence.

"A beautiful fool," Adalene answered. She reached out and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

I felt myself gravitate to her. She smelled like warm vanilla and amber. It was nostalgic and comforting.

"You were so fun and carefree. I was mesmerized," Adalene added. Her slender fingers grazed down my cheek toward my chin, pulling me closer toward her.

For a brief moment, I felt paralyzed as her lips inched toward my own. Did they still taste like how I remembered? Wait, what was I thinking? I quickly pushed her away. "Don't!"

"I'm sorry, I got carried away," Adalene insisted.

"This was a bad idea," I stated. I lost my mind. I made an attempt to get out of my seat, but Adalene held onto my wrist.

"Don't you miss us?" Adalene's eyes soften.

"There is no us anymore," I said bitterly. "I'm happy in my current relationship."

"Are you?" Adalene asked with disbelief. Her hold on me tightens.  "Tell me that you don't have any second thoughts."

I'm completely taken back by her questions and I want to scream that I don't, but no words come out of my mouth.

She can smell the blood in the air. She knows she got me where she wants me. She's too close. I feel like a fawn that's been cornered. There is no escape.

"You do," Adalene whispered, satisfaction in her voice.

Her hot breath against my ear sends tingles down my spine.  She has one hand on my wrist, the other slides down my back,toward my waist.

"Fermati!"

Adalene and I turned toward the direction of the voice. Fabio stands behind us, his pretty features are darken with rage. In one swift moment, he is between us, wretching Adalene's hand off my wrist.

"She is a taken woman," Fabio admonished Adalene.

Irritation runs through Adalene's eyes as she pulls her hand free from Fabio's grasp. "This does not involve you."

"You...you bad woman," Fabio's voice shook with anger. His eyes show disappointment. "I should have known better." 

"You don't understand," Adalene argued. She reaches out for me, but I'm already backing away.

I bolted out of the bar, trying to recover any dignity I still had left. Maybe Luna was right, I was going to hurt Cara.

                                                                                                       *****
I was hesitant to go home. How could I see Cara after what happened? How could I tell her? I was a fool to think I could be cordial with Adalene. She knew she could manipulate me, just like how she did all those years ago.

I slowly opened the door to the apartment. I could already see Cara's shoes on the shoe rack when I slipped my sandals off. I shut the door behind me as my eyes searched for Cara.  She was sitting in the living room.

"You're back!" Cara turned her head toward me. "I was worried since you were gone longer than I expected. I thought someone kidnapped you."

"I'm sorry, things came up." I slowly made my way toward her. She was dressed in a muscle tee and leggings.

"Were you planning on going somewhere?" I pointed to her attire as I took a seat next to her.

Cara gave me an embarrassed smile. "I was going to go to the gym, but I got distracted by YouTube videos. Oh, season three of She-Ra is out, but I wanted to wait for you to come home and watch it."

She was too sweet and adorable for my own good. Cara was home. She was security.

"Is everything okay? You're starring at me..."

My lips smashed into her's before she can continue. A gasp of surprise escape her lips, giving me room to slip my tongue into her mouth. Her mouth is warm and inviting and all I want to do is devour her. I'm moving too quickly for her. She can't or doesn't want to catch up to me, but I didn't care. I wanted to show her how much I wanted her.

I pushed her down on the sofa, sliding my body between her legs. My fingers slipped underneath her shirt, pulling it up. Cara pulls away from me, too breathless to speak. I take the moment to pull her shirt off before my lips find their way back to her mouth then her jaw and down to her neck, kissing and nipping at any exposed skin I could find.

"Han..." Cara gasp as I slip my hands into her pants.

My mind is lost in fervor. All I want to do is show Cara how much I needed her. How she was the only one I wanted. Before I could get any further, she pushes me away.  Shame rushes through me when I see the way she is staring at me. I must look like a stranger to her.

"Hannah, what's wrong?"  The shock dissipates from her eyes and they turn to worry.

"I'm sorry." I couldn't bring myself to look at her anymore. I can hear my heart beat rapidly as I tried to catch my breath.

"No, it's fine. It's just so unlike you."

I glance at Cara who is now backed into the edge of the sofa. Her knees are folded against her chest.

"Do...do you want me to go get you a new shirt?" I can't help but feel apologetic. She must be so uncomfortable right now.

"It's not important right now. I just want to make sure you're okay."

"I am so sorry..."

Cara cuts me off by wrapping her arms around me.  "Stop saying that. I said it is okay."

"You know you look really hot right now," I teased.

Cara looks down at the sports bra she is wearing and her arms automatically move to cover her chest. "I will never dress like this by choice."

A chuckle escapes out of my mouth and I pull her closer toward me. "I want to apologize for a lot of things. I met with Luna"

"About?" Her eyebrows are knotted together in confusion.

"She thinks it's best if we don't date. She said that you prefer to be alone and that it's better for you," I answered.

"She's wrong," Cara stated. I do like my space, but I also like what we have. I did a lot of thinking after talking to Jane. She said she is sorry about earlier. She said she turned into her mother and that it won't happen again."

I stifle my own laughter. "I accept her apology."

"I realized I've been overthinking everything. The unknown is scary. I can imagine my parent's reaction when they find out about us, but who knows there can be some type of miracle and they might not care," Cara stated. "Well I doubt that will happen. Most likely they're going to do the Asian thing and pretend that it's not true."

"Does that work?"

Cara shrugged. "I don't think so but whatever makes them happy. What I'm trying to say is that I'm fine with them knowing. All my life I feel like I was trying to be something for my parents and for my siblings. I didn't know who I was. Everything I did was because of them but choosing to be with you is my own choice. Being with you feels like I am finally being myself."

I could feel the tears escape from my eyes as I held onto Cara tightly. "I know you're not going to like this, but I can't help but say sorry." I could feel Cara stiffen in her hold. I knew she didn't like crying.

"What's really going on?" Cara's voice was calm and soft.

"I had second thoughts. I thought Luna was right, that maybe it was better for you if I wasn't in your life," I said. "We agreed that we didn't want you to get hurt. I didn't think I could hurt you, but then I saw Adalene...."

Cara slipped from my grasp and stood up. Her face was blank as paper.

"She tried to kiss me, but I pushed her away before it could happen," I said with such urgency that I thought my life depended on it. 

"Hate is a strong word, but I really don't like her," Cara stated after a moment of silence.

"Cara..." I was searching her eyes for any signs of anger or disappointment, but all I saw were chocolate pools staring back at me.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me toward her. "We need some rest. It's been a long day."

"Are you going to say anything?" I stared back at her in confusion.

"I'm tired," Cara said simply.

"Of.....?"

"Let's go to bed," Cara replied firmly. There was a level of intensity in her eyes that I have never seen before. They look like they could burn a hole through me.

"What about dinner?" I said as she led me toward my bedroom.

"I don't want to eat any food right now," Cara said casually.

*Author's Note: I'm so sorry for the long update again. I'm still trying to get use to all the new changes in my life. I hope I can find my rhythm again and update regularly. I still can't beleive how far I've gone with this book. I never expected to write this much. I didn't know I would get this far. With the characters I wanted to get a little deeper. I hope I can do that.  I wasn't going add the last part with Hannah and Cara, but I felt like I needed something. Thanks again to everyone who's been following this story. It's been a journey and I'm grateful to those who's been in it with me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 70.6K 76
Avery is back in her hometown, after she moved away to LA with her mom. After her parents divorced her mom thought it would the best if they get away...
1.2M 47.6K 63
{18+ COLLEGE ROMANCE COMPLETED} What sucks more than being rejected by the girl of your dreams? Finding out afterward that she's moving in with you...
131K 5.1K 36
โฅ๏ธŽ ษช แด„แด€ษด'แด› สŸแด‡แด› สแดแดœ ษขแด yandere! roommates x reader โ€โ€ขยฐโ€ขโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•เฎ“เน‘โ™กเน‘เฎ“โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ€ขยฐโ€ขโ€ When (Y/N) moves in with five strangers, things start out surprisingly well...
142K 3.1K 25
Rewritten version. Lydia Ambrose has a normal life, thus is going to her dream University. Everything is going well in her life until she met her sar...