Number Neighbour » h.s

By harrylilies

Where Nina texts her number neighbour and applies as Harry Styles' new photographer. [ real life x oc ] [ soc... More

Prologue
Characters
[two]
[three]
[four]
[five]
[six]
[seven]
[eight]
[nine]
[ten]
[eleven]
[twelve]
[thirteen]
[fourteen]
[fifteen]
[sixteen]
[seventeen]
important A/N
[eighteen]
[nineteen]
[twenty]
[twenty one]
[twenty two]
[twenty three]
[twenty four]
[twenty five]
[twenty six]
[twenty seven]
[twenty eight]
[twenty nine]
[thirty]
[thirty one]
[thirty two]
[thirty three: final]
Epilogue
blurbs & one shots
[63rd grammy's]
[love on tour: vegas]
[harryween II]

[one]

19.7K 428 294
By harrylilies

[ Text Message ]

Number Neighbour:
If you could choose between kiwi or kale smoothie, what would you choose?

Nina:
kale is gross
kiwi for life

Number Neighbour:
Hey! Kale isn't gross
It's healthy

Nina:
my point exactly

Number Neighbour:
Smart

Nina:
smort***

Number Neighbour:
What's that?

Nina:
oh my god
no
no way
number neigbour do you know what brooklyn99 is?

Number Neighbour:
...No?

Nina:
that's tragic! it's a show!
how
why??
not happening
(also do you have a name? we've been talking for a week and-)

Number Neighbour:
Well I've been on the move a lot. Is it good?
(it's Mick)

Nina:
lovely name :)
IS IT GOOD? IT'S FUCKING SICK, MICK!
you have to watch it

Nina changed Number Neighbour to Mick🥬

Mick🥬:
Promise I will :)
I have to go now, Nina.
Duty calls

Nina:
alright, mick
go save the world and make more tolerable

Mick🥬:
Wouldn't say my job does any saving but that's very sweet of you, Nina. x
I'm sorry is the 'x' weird?

Nina:
you said you write poems for a greeting card company, that seems like a lovely job
and no, it isn't lol x

Mick🥬:
Yeah, that's my job. I do it everyday. I write poems for the company. Haha

Nina:
um
yeah..?
that's lovely :)

Mick🥬:
:)
Well, talk to you later, Nina! x

Nina:
later, mick :)

"All the shots are amazing, Nina. As always." Chris shook his head with a smile, leaning back in his chair as he looked up from his laptop to the young woman.

Nina grinned, "The models this time were nice. Unlike last time," She cringed, "Bloody knobs they were."

Chris laughed, wrinkles by his eyes as he looked at the woman he watched grow through her skill. "You know you're a talented photographer, Nina. You should really seek-"

"Come on, Chris," She chuckled, rolling her eyes, "Are you trying to get rid of me, old man?"

Chris rolled his eyes jokingly at her, "Oh stop it. You know I never want that. Why do you think this agency is still going strong?"

"Because you're one hell of a businessman?" Nina raised an eyebrow.

"That, and," He chuckled, "The big shoots are always your job. You have a skill, kid."

"I'm 24, Chris. I'm not a kid." She stood up, shrugging on her crossbag.

"I've known you since you were 16. I think you still are a kid," He teased her, "Just let me put a good word in for you for few of my people."

"Celebrities aren't my thing, you know that."

"You shot Shawn Mendes' Calvin Klein shoot and look what it did. You had 15 celebrities asking you to join them on tour!" He pointed out, "Just trust me, will you?" He sighed with a smile as he stood up, opening his office's door for her.

"Last time you told me that, you wanted me to be Kylie Jenner's personal photographer." She walked towards the door, lingering by.

"She's a very nice person by the way."

"I know she is, just not my thing, Chris."

"Just-Let me see what I can do, please?" He smiled sheepishly at her, "Please."

Nina inhaled, looking at the old man in front of her before huffing. "Fine. But I get to decide whether I want it or not, deal?"

Chris reached his hand out, grinning. "Deal."

Nina got into her car, turning it on before opening her phone and connecting it, taking her time to choose a song, smiling to herself when the strums Heart of The Country by Paul and Linda McCartney started playing before she drove off.

To Nina, photography was her passion and getaway. It was her 14th birthday when her grandparents got her a camera, telling her that they didn't know what teenagers then wanted and figured her love for photography wasn't done justice by her phone's camera.
Always known for taking great pictures of everyone, it wasn't a weird sight seeing Nina with her camera anywhere. If not taking a picture of something only she managed to notice, then transferring pictures to her laptop.

Being the only girl between her 3 brothers, Nina embraced how family oriented she was. Her parents weren't ones who had it all. She grew up watching her parents work their arses off to provide for her and her siblings, all while making sure they remember that home will always be where their family is.
Nina grew up surrounded by love stories. Her parents using their story as a bedtime one for her and her siblings when they were young.
Her oldest brother, Ronan, met his love when he decided to save up and travel to India with his mates. The second oldest brother, Jayden, hopped on the first flight to Los Angeles when his job decided to promote him and offer him the opportunity 4 years ago, now married with a little girl named Tala.
Hell, even her 15-year-old brother, Ellis, was in a relationship.

Now, don't get her wrong, Nina wasn't the odd one out in her family. She was a hopeless romantic — lowkey. Nina had her fair share of relationships, none that she ever felt like regretting because she knew they made her explore herself more and broadened her mind, but none that made her feel like that was it, that's the person she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. No man or woman Nina was involved with made her feel like that was the right type of love she needed and longed for.

Now all that Nina did, was wait.

Putting her shades on top of her head, Nina entered the dancing studio, offering a polite smile to the young girl sitting at the desk that she knew worked here as part-time. "Hey, Lily. Where's Flynn?"

"I think he's just wrapping up the class actually." She pointed behind her, "You can go inside if you want."

Nina smiled gratefully at the teenager before walking towards the door, opening it slowly as to not disturb.
Raising her eyebrows up in surprise, she was met with her best friend choreographing, about 15 people behind him following him as they danced to I Don't Care by Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber.

She smiled, closing the door behind her before leaning on it, watching everyone move in sync together.

"That's a wrap! Great job! Great job!" Flynn clapped as he turned to look at the rest, "You go have a nice weekend. You all deserve it." Everyone cheered before walking around to get their stuff.

"Hey, Beyoncé!" Nina called, catching her best friend's attention, "I'm driving you home, remember?"

Flynn grinned, draping his bag on his shoulder before walking towards her, "If it isn't my lifesaver."

"The one and only." She teased before putting her hands in front of her to stop him from wrapping his arms around her in a hug, "You're sweaty. Drenched. No way I'm hugging you or are you getting in my car like that."

"Aw come on, Ni! Just want to hug you!" He teased her, trying to hug her again before she poked his stomach, making him squirm and giggle, "Stop, you know I'm ticklish."

"And sweaty. Go take a shower. I'll wait for you outside." She smiled, patting him on the shoulder.

"You're bossy as fuck, do you know that?"

"It's my full name." She smirked, saluting him. "You have 15 minutes."

It wasn't that long before Flynn was clean and in Nina's car, her driving him home as he chose the next song to play from his phone. "D-"
Flynn paused when Nina's phone dinged and flashed, her screen lighting up with a new text notification. "Jesus, Nina, do you want to make the phone dance to alert you too?"

Nina laughed slightly, rolling her eyes. "Shut up, I just don't hear it all the time."

Her best friend hummed, holding her phone, "Who's Mick?"

"Put my phone down, you snoop."

"Nu-uh, who's that? Don't remember a Mick." He teased her before looking at her phone again, "So he isn't a one night stand because if a one night stand asked me about what do I think of the sky tonight I'd fucking block their arse."

"Hey!" Nina frowned, keeping her eyes on the road but taking her phone from him and putting it on her lap, "I think that's a very nice question actually."

"Which is exactly why you're single, Ni." Flynn joked, "Alright, jokes aside. Is this anyone interesting?"

"Remember when I told you I texted my number neighbour?"

"Yeah?"

"Well..."

"No way!" He laughed, "You're still texting him?"

Nina smiled sheepishly, nodding. "He's sweet. Friendly."

"Oh my-Did you at least make sure that he isn't some old creep? Let's say, about 60?"

"He isn't," She laughed, "He's 25. Writes poems for a greeting card company. Has a sister." She listed.

"Poems? He writes poems?" Flynn repeated.

Nina hummed in confirmation.

"Okay. Weird job but it'll do."

"Do what, you knob?" She chuckled, "It isn't anything serious. He's just," She thought, raising her eyebrows, "A texting buddy."

"A texting buddy?"

"Yeah, a pocket friend."

"That sounds weird."

"Well excuse me for trying to make things simpler for your pea brain to grasp." Nina said sarcastically as she parked.

"Ha ha," He chuckled, "Thanks for the ride, love." He leaned forward, kissing her cheek. "I'm getting my car tomorrow, I promise."

"You know I don't mind helping, Flynn." She smiled.

"Which is why you're my favourite best friend."

"I'm your only best friend."

"You're also an arse but I love you for it. See you tonight."

[ Text Message ]

Nina:
hey, sorry was driving my best friend home
sunset looked breathtaking. i managed to take a picture

Mick🥬:
Wow. That looks beautiful, Nina
And it's no problem. Are you back home?

Nina:
yeah but getting ready to go out to celebrate at this club the new photoshoot with the agency i'm in. it was a huge success 🥳

Mick🥬:
That's great! Congratulations :)
Which club?

Nina:
how do i know that you aren't planning to kill me? 🙃
and thanks, mick x

Mick🥬:
I don't think a killer would text you every time the sunset looks beautiful, Nina
I'm not planning on killing you. I promise.
You're too entertaining

Nina:
are u saying u r using me for entertainment? :/

Mick🥬:
What? No!
That's not what I meant, I promise
I think you're a very lovely woman
And I really enjoy talking to you

Nina:
just messing with you, mick :)
only wanted you to feed my ego

Mick🥬:
Fucking hell, Nina I was worried I said something
😂

Nina:
wow this is probably the second time you use an emoji
love seeing you grow, mick 🥺
i'm going to the ivy

Mick🥬:
Are you kidding?
The Ivy?

Nina:
um yes
is there a problem?

Mick🥬:
No no!
Nothing :)
My friends were just telling me that they're going there, that's all

Nina:
oooakay
well i'm going to leave to get ready
talk to you later, killer mick

Mick🥬:
Later, Nina 😂

Liked by shawnmendes, samdameshek and 13,124 others liked

ninamaye wdym i'm not wearing a hoodie and joggers tonight?

View all 271 comments

flynnknows mf meal

shawnmendes Beautiful❤️❤️

//

yes, i am in fact very up shawn's ass and like dragging him into my stories yet i still haven't written a shawn mendes story fIGHT ME

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.4K 2.1K 12
The life of Mr. and Mrs. Styles with Evangeline, Thomas, and Iris Styles. [ social media ] [ social media x real life ] [ harry styles x oc]
200K 2.6K 54
Instagram: New message from @harrystyles { Started: Dec.14 2017 } { Finished: Feb. 8 2018 }
1.8M 12.5K 61
Harry styles imagine #1
150K 1.9K 74
A story between Hazel Green, a photographer and Harry Styles, a famous singer. @harrystyles started following you ...