My Soulmates are IDOLS 1 | Li...

By tinyeyecat

In a world where soulmates exist and people receive their soul bonds (a red string of fate, body exchange, ti... More

1:MSAI 1 [Limelight🎇]
2: Prologue
3: Smoke
4: Eight
5: Change
6:IDOL
7: No stopping
8: MinJae
9:Blindfold
10: Cried
11: Shit
12: Nothing like that
13:Sieon
14: Let's go
15:Damn It
16: Childish
17: Lower
18:In love
19:No more
20:Curves
21: Popsicle
22:Block
23:Sparkling
24:Toast
25: Beautiful
26:Why
27:Right
28:oh
29: trembled
30:yours
31:concert
32: your son
33: one
34: drawled
35:man's lips
36:chummy
37:words of love
38:Seven
39:smouldering eyes
40:oh f***
41:him
42:Sleep
44:Inside
45:Door
46:You did
47:soulmate
48:Dead
49: duck
50: Sieon
51:Wake up
52: soul dream
Author's Note: Fight for your Dreams
53: im good
54: mops
55: speak
56: arrangement
57: six
58: crazy
59: prove it
60: exploring
61: forget
62: switch
63:pleasure
64: Red Eyes
65: Protect
66: Money
67: Tried
68: Frowned
69:Cute
70: Kind
71: Old
72: why not
73: oh sh*t
74: sign
75: What about me?
76:do
77: okay
78: Ezra
79: d*ck
80: studio
81:Proud
82:Help
83:Step One
84:Come here
85: Why
86:Almost
87: Her
88: Stopped
89: Dare
90: Darkness
91:Hypothermia
92:Storm
93:My fault
94:Hell
95:Change
96: Little
97: Stay
98: Same
99: Inhale
100: Where the hell are you?
101: A nobody
102:Loneliness
103:Hurry Up
104: Pay Me
105: My fault
106: Couldn't stand her
107: good
108:Thank You
109: Get out
110:Dead-End
111: Lights
112: Casper
113: Your favourite Pair
114: Soulmate
115: Did you hurt her?
116: Soul Violation
117: easy
118: now
119: feel
120:Forever
121: Hello
122: Oh my God
123: Betrayal
124: Nightmares
125: Bomb
126: Proof
127:Children
128: The Clock
129: not okay
130: Perfect
131: End of Book 1
132: Soul Bond Dictionary
Author's Note

43:alone

13.7K 693 36
By tinyeyecat

MinJae

There were a lot of things that MinJae felt insecure about.

Dancing was about clean lines, fluid strength and beautiful bodies. Long limbs and lanky muscular bodies were desirable then. But even without those things, one could still dance beautifully. MinJae always believed that dance never discriminated, it accepted anyone who worked hard.

Being an idol was a different story. No longer just about pretty limbs, it was about every little thing that shouldn't matter but did.

Like the little protrusion of his belly after a meal, the flabby layer of skin that covered his ribs...the extra layers of fat at the bottom of his chin...the swell of his cheeks when he smiled...the chaffing of his thighs when he walked...the folds of skin in his back when he bent backwards...

The shape of his body on camera.

Being an idol was about becoming dangerously unhealthy.

And yet the media praised him for his achievements in weight. He was suddenly a role model to look up to for his weight loss, suddenly deemed 'prettier', 'hotter', and 'sexier'. Sure, some fans would comment on their worries for his health. But he was pretty sure they would lash out at him the minute he gained back the weight he had lost.

Being an idol was about slowly killing himself to look perfect for the camera.

He liked to think about how foie gras was made whenever he was on a diet. He would think about how the birds were force-fed twice a day. Think about the video where the farmers forced tubes down their throats. And how they held the birds in place, gloved fingers clamping over beaks as they pumped mashed feed into their bodies to fatten livers that would eventually fail.

He would think about which one was worse: starving, or being forced to eat until he died. Starving always seemed to be the better option of the two for MinJae.

It helped that MinJae was insecure about his body.

It came with the profession. In dance, he was insecure about his lines, about how he looked on camera, about the twists and turns of his body. When he became a member of IDOL, it was so much more than just that. He was insecure about every little part of his goddamn body, from the look of his bare feet on camera to the hair on his head.

Sometimes, when he was nursing his bottle of water, there was this horrible, horrible feeling of nausea swirling in his belly from his latest diet of fruits and water.

He started to daydream about better days.

"I'm sorry, sir. Your soulmate has passed."

MinJae blinked, staring blankly at the doctor before him. The doctor was quiet, watching him with those sad eyes. He was balding, peppered grey hair peeking out from his roots. He sat in his seat, just watching him, waiting for his reaction.

But, MinJae didn't know how to react.

"What?" He gasped, the question escaping his lips on instinct.

MinJae had already sacrificed so much for his looks, so the girl of his dreams was he was not. He dreamt of someone who loved her body, embracing it for what it was. Someone who ate healthily, at least healthy enough to keep herself alive with him until they were both old and grey. Someone who laughed a lot.

MinJae liked laughter and smiles. Big wide smiles that would make him smile too. He would like that.

"I'm...I'm sorry for your loss."

"I-I don't understand?"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?" Sieon snapped, stepping forward. "YOU CAN'T JUST DROP A FUCKING BOMB LIKE THAT!"

His best friend was angry, so, so angry. MinJae could barely feel Ezra's hand rubbing his shoulders in calming circles. His five other best friends stood in the room, silent and strangely quiet. But MinJae knew that each one of them was angry at the words of the doctor.

Unlike them, MinJae didn't feel anything.

MinJae's parents were childhood sweethearts. They were in love from the start and they never stopped loving each other. It was natural that MinJae longed for such a love himself. He wanted to write love letters to his one just as how his father used to write letters to his mother in high school.

MinJae knew what he would write, but he would not start penning it down until he met her. It was okay if he had to wait. He didn't mind waiting. MinJae knew that good things only came if one was patient. It was how the world worked.

MinJae did not know what to feel.

"You said you received Flower Crowns of the Soul without touching anyone." The doctor was purposely speaking slowly, carefully enunciating his words and clinically delivering the news. "Your flowers are wilting instead of simply disappearing and you feel pain in your chest. Am I right?" There was a tinge of pity in his expression and for a second MinJae pitied him too.

Because the doctor looked so sad.

"Y-yes." MinJae whispered.

His voice was small, and it reminded him of the time when he was younger. When he'd done something wrong and the teacher had scolded him. He had stood at the corner of the class crying softly to himself. Only this time, he'd done nothing wrong.

"Wilting flowers would mean a loss of the bond, the pain could be the result of such a loss." The doctor tapped his pen on his clipboard, rifling through the papers that determined MinJae's fate. "If you didn't touch anyone when the flowers bloomed, then the reason why you received the Flower Crown would probably mean that your soul bond was reacting at the very last moment."

"Last moment of what?" MinJae's voice was breaking.

"Her passing."

No words escaped MinJae's mouth, even when he opened it.

He didn't have to wait now. MinJae realised. There was no one to wait for. An odd sensation crawled across his chest, settling in his heart. It was a weird feeling that he didn't understand and in normal circumstances, he would have laughed to get it out of his system. But he couldn't do it now.

He curled on his bed, fisting at the sheets as he sighed. He stared at the light that emitted from the doorway. His best friends were talking softly in low voices. It would have been soothing if he didn't know the contents of their conversation. MinJae slowly, robotically, plucked a stalk from his head, bringing it closer to his face.

It was still beautiful.

MinJae cracked a broken smile as he stared at the flower with trembling fingers. The flowers were cracking at the edges, golden streaks running through the petals. The gold dripped from the edges of each petal, disappearing the instant it touched his skin.

It was beautiful. But just like the setting sun, it was ephemeral and fleeting. Warmth dripped from the corners of MinJae's eyes and he whimpered as a jolt of pain thrummed from deep within his chest.

It reminded him of the pain he had experienced when his pet dog, Mocha, had died in his arms. It reminded him of the pain in his chest when he had seen his beautiful grandmother and grandfather in their caskets. Soulmates who died at the same time were considered the luckiest of soulmates.

Soulmate.

His poor, poor soulmate.

He was whimpering, soft, little, dry sobs that he muffled in his pillow, but he was unable to tear his eyes away from the flower sitting in his palm. He couldn't even distinguish whether or not he was crying or if he was having a seizure. Each sob was a nauseous gasp for air and tears dripped from his eyes like a leaking faucet.

He didn't want to be alone.

The thought sent a fresh bout of pain and sadness through his chest, and he watched transfixed as the beautiful flower in his palms glowed. The cracks were spreading across the entire petal. Outside, Ezra was raising his voice arguing with Sieon. Casper was yelling at them to stop.

No.

MinJae watched as the petals burst apart, splintering into a thousand specks of gold.

No.

A scream ripped from his throat and the most unbearable pain surged through his heart, breaking it cleanly into two.

MinJae was now alone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.9K 2.9K 34
"Soulmates. The world basically revolves around the soulmate system." But what happens when y/n, a normal girl, is given seven boys as her soulmates...
2.1M 51.1K 29
Amber is just your average werewolf girl. the only problem is she just can't believe she has three mates.So when she finally meets them she does the...
1.2M 50.8K 184
Amber was going to die like this, with her thighs spread wide open and her body melting under her seven soulmates. * In which a broke art student i...
2.8K 573 33
What happens when two accidents occurred at the same time but at different places, people involved in accidents have no connection with each other. B...