Our Last Summer

By sansrivalcrown

Donna in Mamma Mia had three summer romances that changed her life forever because she had Sophie. In real l... More

Introduction
OLS - I
OLS - II
OLS - III
OLS - IV
OLS - V
OLS - VII
OLS - VIII
OLS - IX
OLS - X
OLS - XI
OLS - XII
OLS - XIII
OLS - XIV
OLS - XV
OLS - XVI
OLS - XVII
OLS - XVIII
OLS - XIX
OLS - XX
OLS - XXI
OLS - XXII
OLS - XXIII
OLS - XXIV
OLS - XXV
OLS - XXVI
OLS - XXVII
OLS - XXVIII
OLS - XXIX
OLS - XXX
OLS - XXXI
OLS - XXXII
OLS - XXXIII

OLS - VI

1.1K 38 41
By sansrivalcrown

2017

It is nine years after the first Mamma Mia movie and Meryl recieved another call that she'll have a meeting with Judy Craymer and Ol Parker.

As she prepare for her meeting, a nine-year-old little girl with pigtails, hugged her tight from behind.

"Hey, sweetie."Meryl uttered and she spun around to see her little girl.

"Can I go with you mommy?"She asked with her pleading face and Meryl cupped her face.

"I'm sorry sweetheart but mommy will attend a meeting for work. You will get bored there unlike here, Lou-Lou is here to play with you."Meryl answered and the little girl hugged her tighter.

"Please let me and Lou-Lou go with you."The little girl pleaded and Meryl started stroking her hair.

"Nicky, listen to mommy okay?Mommy needs to do this for work and how can mommy get the job if Nicky and Lou-Lou will be there?I promise you, after this meeting, we are gonna go watch Gracie and we'll have dinner at your favorite restaurant."Meryl said softly and Nicky looked up to her mother for reassurance.

"I promise you that baby."Meryl said softly and she kissed her forehead. Meryl carried Nicky and the two went to the living room where Louisa is.

"You are getting heavier and bigger, sweetheart."Meryl uttered and her little girl just giggled.

"Lou, I'm going now. Take care of your sister okay?"Meryl said as she carefully drop Nicky on the couch.

"Okay, mom."Louisa replied and she kissed her mother's cheek.

"Be good to Lou-Lou, Nicky."Meryl said sternly and Nicky nodded her head.

"Bye, bye, mommy. Love you!"Nicky yelled and that made Meryl chuckle.

"Love you, too, baby."Meryl replied and left.

Mary Dominique Streep, the new addition to Meryl's princesses. She is nine years old and she was born three weeks before the premiere of the first Mamma Mia movie. Everybody that knows her calls her Nicky and the public doesn't know much about her because Meryl is protecting her. Nicky got her father's facial features especially her blue eyes but got her mother's paper white skin and blond locks. Growing up, she is well-aware that her family is famous and at the age of nine, she understands that her mother is protecting her from the eyes of the public. Nicky is accepted by her older brother and sisters even though they have a huge age gap and they treat her so much like a princess but there is still something missing in her, and that is her father. She never knew her father but her mother told her that she needed to leave her dad because she caught him with another woman. Nicky may not understand everything a hundred percent, she didn't bother her mom about her dad anymore because she believed that having her mom, sisters and her brother is enough.

Meryl arrived at the place where the meeting is gonna be held and there she saw Judy Craymer, Katherine Johnson, and Ol Parker.

"Oh my goodness, hi!"Meryl greeted with glee as she kiss their cheeks.

"Ol, as you know this is the legendary Meryl Streep."Judy uttered and Meryl covered her face.

"Oh Judy, stop it."Meryl said and they all laughed.

"Alright, let's sit down now."Ol said and Meryl sat beside Judy.

"So as you know Meryl, we are doing another Mamma Mia movie and Phyllida can't do it this time so we called Ol to help us."Katherine started and Meryl nodded.

"Are the old casts coming back?"Meryl asked because she really is hoping to work with them again.

"We are calling them one by one, settling their schedule for this movie."Judy answered and Meryl clapped.

"My plan for this movie is, it is gonna be a prequel-sequel movie so there are new casts coming in."Ol explained and Meryl is just nodding while listening.

"You know, I really enjoyed doing Mamma Mia, I loved it but I am older now than I was in the first film that's why I think it's best if I am not that involved in this one especially if it's going to be a prequel-sequel story. I would rather be dead in the story than be the active Donna who dances and sings so much. I still love to make an appearance though."Meryl uttered and the three looked at her.

"Alright, we'll revise the script and we'll send it to you once it is done then."Ol replied and Meryl smiled.

"So I think that is it for this meeting. See you in the studio Meryl."Judy said and they all stood up.

"It was nice meeting you Ol, I love the script though. See you on set."Meryl said and after she bade her goodbyes to everyone, she headed home to her young ones. Louisa and Dominique.

"Lou?Nicky?"Meryl called them as she found no one in the living room.

"Mommy!"Nicky squealed as she jump out of her bed and ran towards her mother.

"Hi baby."Meryl greeted her and kissed her cheek.

"Mamie is here."Nicky said as she and Nicky sit on the sofa.

"Where is she then?"Meryl asked.

"Here mom."Mamie answered going into the living room from the kitchen.

"Hi."Meryl greeted and Mamie kissed her cheek.

"Where have you been?"Mamie asked as she sit beside Meryl.

"Meeting with Ol Parker and Judy Craymer. They said that they are doing another Mamma Mia."Meryl answered and Mamie's eyes squinted.

"So you are doing it?"She asked again.

"Of course but I told them that I don't wanna be in it so much."Meryl replied and Nicky sat on Meryl's lap.

"Have you been eating chocolates again?"Meryl asked Nicky.

"Uhmmm...no?"Nicky answered and Meryl rolled her eyeballs before looking at Mamie.

"You bought her chocolate didn't you?"Meryl asked Mamie and she just nodded.

"Oh my goodness."Meryl whispered and did a facepalm.

"Mom, let her have it, just today."Mamie uttered and Meryl sighed.

"You, Henry, Louisa, and Grace are spoiling her so much."Meryl said and Mamie chortled.

"We can't help it, she's the last one and we wanted her to be happy."Mamie replied and Meryl just rolled her eyeballs.

"Nicky, go to Lou-Lou now and tell her that we need to start getting ready for Gracie's show."Meryl whispered to Nicky and Nicky just jumped off her mother's lap.

"So about the Mamma Mia,"Mamie started and Meryl looked at her.

"What about that?"Meryl asked as she lean on the sofa.

"Are you ready to see the baby daddy again?You've been avoiding him for years and now, you are gonna work with him again with the movie that started everything and gave you Nicky."Mamie answered and Meryl heaved a deep sigh.

"I don't really know. I don't know what to feel. You know sometimes I am thinking, what if I didn't ran away right away?What if I listened to him first?Are we still the happy family that I dreamt about years ago when I found out that I was pregnant with Nicky if I didn't ran away?I mean, there are a lot of what ifs but it already happened."Meryl explained.

"I still remeber that night. That night when I saw him kissing Keely at the parking lot of the bar where the wrap party of Mamma Mia is being held."Meryl started and Mamie's heart is starting to crumble because she knows where her mom is going.

"That day, I found out that I was pregnant and I was so happy because I didn't expect that at my age, I still got pregnant. Everyone in the cast knows about our relationship already, even you guys, you met him already at that time."Meryl uttered with a smile on her face and Mamie nodded.

"Yeah, I remember."Mamie simply replied as she watch the smile on her mother's slowly fade.

"At the party, I remember seeing Keely enter the venue and he was furious at her but he can't do anything about it. When everybody's having fun already, he disappeared from my sight so I decided to look for him. I looked everywhere because I though that--that is the perfect time to tell him that we are pregnant. When I found him, my heart shattered into a million pieces and I ran away. I changed my address, changed my number and cut everything that connect us because I was raging mad at him."Meryl narrated and she didn't notice that tears already escaped her eyes. Mamie put an arm around her mother and she started rubbing her arms.

"It's okay mom, the important thing now is, we have Nicky and you are happy."Mamie said softly and Meryl wiped her tears. Meryl chuckled while wiping her red nose but she is still sniffing.

"Stand up now Mary Louise and get ready for Gracie's show."Mamie said after a few moments and Meryl chortled.

"Alright Mary Willa, I'll get ready now."Meryl uttered as she stand up. Meryl is about to go to her room when her phone suddenly rang. She grabbed it inside her bag and picked it up.

"Hello?"Meryl said.

"Hey, Meryl!"The caller greeted in glee.

"Hi, Cher!"She greeted back.

"How are you?"Meryl asked.

"I'm fine. How about you?"Cher asked from the other line.

"I'm doing great."Meryl replied.

"How about Nicky?How is she?"Cher asked again.

"Nicky is doing great, too."Meryl answered.

"By the way, guess what happened today?"Cher asked and Meryl's forehead creased.

"I am not really good at guessing games Cher."Meryl said and Cher laughed.

"The head of Universal called me and he said that I'll be in Mamma Mia 2!"Cher exclaimed and Meryl is in awe.

"Oh my God, really?!"Meryl asked in disbelief.

"Yes!"Cher answered in excitement.

"Oh gosh, that is amazing. I just had a meeting with Judy and Ol earlier and they told me about the project too and I said yes."Meryl said and the two of them squealed.

"I can't wait to see you, Mary Louise and also, kiss Dominique for me. Tell her that auntie Cherilyn have lots of present for her when I go there."Cher said and Meryl did another facepalm.

"Stop spoiling my child."Meryl retorted and Cher laughed.

"Just shut up and don't mind it, Mary Louise. Bye!"Cher said and immediately ended the call.

"Alright, I'm taking a shower."Meryl said and headed to her bathroom.

They are now at the theater where Grace have a play and the four are at the first row, waiting for the show to start.

"Mommy, are we gonna eat with Gracie after this?"Nicky asked her mother who's checking the Playbill.

"Yes honey, we are."Meryl replied and Nicky kept mum after that.

After the show, Meryl, Mamie, Louisa, and Nicky started making their way out of the crowded place.

"Meryl?"A voice called that made Meryl turn around.

"Meryl!"That voice called again and Meryl's eyes went round.

"Christine!"She squealed and she ran towards her. They both hugged each other so tight for they missed each other. The last time they saw each other was two years ago, when they did Into The Woods.

"How are you?"Meryl asked the moment she pulled back from the hug. Mamie, Louisa, and Nicky went near them and the two older girls greeted Christine.

"I'm good. Oh my goodness, your girls are so beautiful Meryl."Christine uttered, not noticing Nicky. Meryl suddenly felt Nicky's hand grip her hand so she looked at her.

"By the way Christine, this is Nicky, the final addition to the family."Meryl said and Christine wide eyed looked at Meryl before looking at Nicky. It's Christine's first time meeting and seeing Nicky because this time time is the only time that Meryl started taking Nicky out more and letting other people meet her.

"Hello, Nicky. I'm Christine, your mom's friend. You can call me, aunt Christine."Christine said and gently touched Nicky's face.

"I know you. You are in one of mommy's movies."Nicky said referring to 'Into The Woods'.

"Actually, your mom and I already did two movies."Christine replied.

"She haven't seen Mamma Mia yet."Meryl whispered on Christine's ear.

"What's the other one?"Nicky asked all of a sudden.

"Mamma Mia."Mamie answered before Christine or Meryl could talk.

"Mamie."Meryl warned her.

"What?The child is curious."Mamie retorted.

"She looks so much like her father."Christine whispered to Meryl because she is not that dumb to not know who Nicky's father is.

"Shut up."Meryl whispered back.

"By the way ladies, I need to go. I still have a meeting tomorrow morning. It was nice seeing you all and it is nice to finally meet you Nicky."Christine said and Nicky sweetly smiled at her.

"Tell Grace that she was amazing up there."Christine said and Meryl nodded. The four bade their goodbyes and Christine left.

"Let's go wait for Gracie."Louise said all of a sudden and they went to a place where paparazzis can't see them especially Nicky.

They waited for Grace for almost two hours and finally she arrived, looking both happy and tired.

"You did amazing, sweetheart."Meryl praised.

"Thanks mom."She replied.

"I loved it Gracie!"Nicky exclaimed and that made her chuckle.

"Thank you Nicky, I am glad that you came."Grace uttered and she held Nicky's hand.

"What do you want now, Nicky?"Grace asked and Meryl just rolled her eyeballs with a deep sigh for she knows where this is going. Her three older girls are gonna buy Nicky everything she wants again and she is now over-powered .

"Can we get pizza and ice cream?"Nicky asked.

"Of course we can."Louisa answered and Meryl just kept mum.

--
Pierce is currently and still in London, trying to get through his life. It's been nine years and yet, it is still her. It's been nine years and he haven't explained his side yet and until now he still badly wants to talk to her. He still wanted to be with her. He miss her everyday but he just doesn't know how to contact her. He is praying every single day that a miracle will happen and something will connect them again because even at award shows, he fails to see Meryl even if she is present at the event.

At the moment, Pierce is packing his bags for he is going to his house in California. As he pack his bags, he remembers how Meryl yell at him everytime he is lazy to pack his bags. He remembers how she always threat him that she will throw his clothes away. He really misses everything about her. He is mad at himself because he thinks he is too dumb to not know what Keely is up to that night. He was drugged and he became out of control that night. When the drug started taking over his body, he couldn't spot Meryl. That night, he saw Meryl burst into tears and he saw how she ran away. His vision was blurry but he saw how it broke her heart. He broke her heart when he promised that he will fix it. Until now, he is living in regret that he didn't ran after her, he didn't fight the drug that is taking over his body. In the blink of his eyes, the woman that he love so dearly is gone.

Pierce is now in his house in California and his phone suddenly rang. It is his agent so he picked it up.

"Hey, Pierce. Where are you?"His agent asked immediately.

"I'm in California."He answered.

"Can you fly to New York tonight?"His agent asked again.

"Uhmmm, sure. Book me a hotel and I'll be there."Pierce answered and he ended the call right away. He booked an immediate flight to New York and he didn't even bother unpacking.
///
Pierce arrived in New York and he can't sleep. He's been rolling on his bed and he feels something odd. Pierce stared at the ceiling and he remembered their moments together. How they always have midnight talks talking about random things or just simply making love. Pierce eventually fell asleep but woke up early because of the bright sunshine. He checked his phone and there is text message that he have a scheduled meeting so he got up and got dressed. He stopped by Starbucks for his coffee and went to the place they told him to go.

He arrived at the place and he immediately saw Christine Baranski talking to Judy Craymer.

"Hi, ladies."He greeted and the two looked at him.

"Oh hi, Pierce."Christine greeted him and he kissed both of their cheeks.

"Hi, you look good."Judy uttered and he smiled.

"Thank you."Pierce replied. After a few moments of catching up, Ol Parkey arrived.

"Hi Ol."Judy greeted him and kissed his cheek.

"This is Christine."Judy said and Christine kissed his cheek.

"And this is Pierce."Judy added and Pierce shook hands with him.

Judy and Ol explained everything to Christine and Pierce and of course, they said yes.

"Did the others said yes already?"Christine asked.

"Yes and we have new additions in the cast. However, we're still waiting for Julie's confirmation."Judy andswered and Christine rolled her eyeballs.

"I'll just try to call her later."Christine uttered.

"Even Meryl said yes?"Pierce asked and Christine looked at him.

"Yeah, but we revised the script for her because she told us that she didn't want to be that involved in this one. Donna is apparently dead in this one but Meryl will still make an appearance at the ending."Ol explained and Pierce's heart started jumping for joy. This ks the miracle he's been praying for. He is gonna see Meryl again and he is hoping that this time, he will be able to explain his side.

When the meeting's finished, they parted ways and Pierce started to just walk around the streets of New York. His heart started pounding when he suddenly saw a very familiar figure walking out of a restaurant. The view made him stop and his heart felt like it is going out of his chest. He just stood there watching her talk and laugh with her daughters and that made him miss her more and more.

"Nine years Meryl and you still have the same effect on me."Pierce whispered under her breathe.

He started walking back to his hotel and she gazed at him. She saw him but pretended not to. She saw and she felt like she wanted to run towards him and hug him and kiss him but a part of her is saying that she can't.

"Mom, something wrong?"Louise asked who noticed that her mom suddenly became silent.

"Huh?What?"Meryl asked the moment she heard Louisa.

"I said, are you okay?"Louisa asked again and she nodded.

"Of course I uhmmm...I'm okay."Meryl answered and Mamie went near her.

"I saw him too."Mamie whispered and Meryl looked at her.

"Let's go home."Meryl uttered and her girls nodded in agreement.

"Nicky, baby, let's go."Meryl called her little girl who currently have her own world while eating her ice cream.

While in their car, Meryl couldn't help it but think of him and that is when it really hits her. She is gonna see him again. Meryl Streep is really gonna see Pierce Brosnan again. She doesn't have a schedule of their taping yet but they already sent the music she's going to learn.

Meryl's phone rang again and it made her snap out of her thoughts. She grabbed her phone and answered it.

"Merl, we're doing Mamma Mia again!"The caller squealed from the other line.

"Oh yes and I am so excited."Meryl replied.

"We had a meeting earlier. Judy, Ol, and Pierce and everyone said yes already except for our little hermit. She is still not sure."Christine explained and Meryl rolled her eyeballs as if Christine can see.

"Julie will say yes eventually. I know she can't resist Mamma Mia."Meryl said and the two of them chuckled.

"Alright, see you on the set or in the studio."Christine said and Meryl nodded.

"See you. Bye."Meryl replied and ended the call.

They reached home and Meryl just decided to head to her room lie on the bed. She started spacing out again. What if he saw Nicky earlier?What if he found out that Nicky is his daughter?If he knew that Nicky is his, is he gonna be happy?Will he love her the way he love his other children?What if he doesn't want Nicky in his life? Thoughts that are currently running in her head. Thoughts that she knows will be answered if she talked to him but is she ready?Is she ready to even sit with him?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.6K 1.1K 17
Hannah Preciado is constantly tormented by her brother's Friend, Mike. What happens when she has to spend a whole summer with him, will she cope?
29.2K 507 18
A girl named Diamond is in the senior year of middle school and she has a crush on the boy she loves. She makes her love known to him not knowing wha...
13.3K 205 43
a conrad fisher story „My heart is completely devoted to you, Millie. You're everything I want, everything I need." ...
22.1K 968 25
All through high school, Reagan Bell and Alec Mason, inseparable childhood friends and neighbors, had wanted to go to the same college. Had planned t...