The Ruined Rainbow

By SayeshaL

Cover credits: @missoctowriter Earlier known as, "The Sweetest Smiles Have The Darkest Secrets." ***** Two p... More

THE RUINED RAINBOW
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
Author's Note
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97

CHAPTER 17

479 24 0
By SayeshaL

This life is a test and a trial, and the tests are never supposed to be easy.
                                  Muniba Mazari.

Sahil.

I look at the ceiling of my room, judging my feelings.

I have not moved over the break up yet. But I try not to feel horrible at things.

Try being the keyword there.

I probably am going mad.

I think of Ayesha. Oh my god, what can I say about her?

She had a beautiful face. Her black eyes with a tinge of brown, adorned with mascara. Her black hairs beautifully combed or left on her side; she had an epic jawline that added to her features. Her lovely smile.

She was indeed incredibly beautiful.

Not only did her beauty matter, but she had a lovely girl in her heart.

She had emotions. She was that girl in movies who believed in love and emotions.

She was like a girl who would be the perfect heroine in a movie — Complete in all ways.

There was kindness in her smile, a gentleness. It was the smile of one who laughed with ease and saw a person under the behaviour, a soul-connector. She was the kind of person who lived how he believed people should as if she were sunshine that only radiated from the best aspects of those she met, their flaws entirely invisible to her gaze. She was a calm sea, dancing birdsong and the new buds of spring. Most of all, she was my friend.

It's been three months since my relationship with Rhea ended.

It's Ayesha who calls every day to check on me if I am okay.

I hear a cling and glance at my mobile, where I can see something that quickly disappears. I open it and discover it's a news article about me.

Sahil and Rhea: Not together anymore?

A close associate to Rhea revealed that she explored a different side of Sahil, which she hated. This is a critical factor for their breakup. Photos of Sahil, Rhea and Varun went viral, from The Beautiful Castle,  where it seems Sahil broke up with Rhea.

However, Sahil's career has now become an impediment as he is too busy to give her adequate time that is necessary to make a relationship successful.

Recently the usually enthusiastic and chirpy Sahil was spotted in Delhi airport, and he seemed in no mood to pose for the photographers who were eagerly waiting for his one or two photographs. Yet, a photo of Sahil Malhotra was taken, and it is said that he was crying, his eyes red, and his hairs messed up.
(See the photo below)

It is a clear indication that Sahil is facing the after-effect of his breakup with Rhea, and it has severely affected his mood.

Rumours are that Rhea has moved on with Varun, who is presently working together in a film.

And sure enough, someone had managed to take my photo, where I was really crying and heading towards the taxi.

Great.

Just Great.

I fell back in the bed, uttering a mental thank you to God that the media hadn't followed me. Not that I care, but they would've found Ayesha, grabbing her unnecessary recognition.

I haven't been able to overcome the breakup. I haven't seen much of Rhea and Varun in these days. Probably they are on holiday, and spending time with each other, getting to know about each other.

My life has become an annoying hell. I go out for the shoot. If I have nothing to do, random thoughts like these fill in my mind.

It's four in the morning, and I am switching on the lights and switching them off.

I force forcefully make myself sleep.
After all, tomorrow is going to be a long day...

***********

Nine months later,

I look at the sun. It is about to set. The beautiful Juhu beach is as welcoming as ever, but I am too preoccupied with my thoughts to accept the welcome.

I look at the horizon that seems miles away from me. The sun swoops down to touch the sea as if it is going to take a bath. I stared at the horizon and thought about recent happenings in life.

My hand automatically reaches out to the box next to me, and I bring out a big bottle of alcohol. I open it in one go and drink until my throat burns.

My last two films were declared a failure. It underperformed in the box office.

I take another long sip.

Today, Ron's film was declared a complete failure. The most underperformed and horrible movie of this year.

I finish the alcohol in one last gulp and smash the bottle on the ground. It breaks to pieces.

That's how my life has become, I thought. Shattered. Broken.

The next morning,

I opened the newspaper; I made the headlines. That's no surprise. But,

SAHIL MALHOTRA: AN INVITING TROUBLE TO THE MOVIE INDUSTRY.

Sahil Malhotra, 25, has proved to be a success less star.

Malhotra, an actor, loved by the audience, is now struggling to make his presence known to people. As you all know, his last three films proved to be a complete failure in the box office. But what attracted Sahil to this page was his previous failure: Ron's The End.

The End, a film directed by the great director Ron, known for his great hits and movies, has proved to be a frustration. The movie was produced in a very high budget by Ron himself. However, the film has been getting a lot of negative reviews by the critics. It has been criticised for Sahil s acting, and that is what makes the film a complete failure.

Recent sources have said that Ron and Sahil are not on talking terms. Also, a rumour that Sahil broke up with Rhea and his best friend has been viral. A close source has confirmed the story.

Well, we do have an interview with Ron on page 5, where Ron speaks about The End and Sahil Malhotra.

A recent source has conveyed that Rhea broke up with Sahil and is currently dating Varun. Although Sahil has rubbished these rumours, Varun and Rhea have not answered questions but remained silent. They are often spotted at each others pace, spending quality time with each other.

Sahil Malhotra has been facing a lot of depression and presently is quite a danger to the ---

I closed the newspaper in disgust. How horrible was that supposed to be?

Tears came down oozing out of my eyes, boiling hot and instantly cold. I let them fall, with my eyes pressed. They form blotches in the newspaper.

I make my way to the fridge and take up a bottle of beer. I gulp it down in one shot. I feel my head heavy. I smash the bottle in anger and feel myself falling.

I blanked out.

*****************

Two months later,

I live alone in depression now. I don't go out to speak to people. I don't attend calls. I barely step out of the house.

I have stopped receiving films. For, I m considered a failure. The few films I had got before The End are also taken away from me.

They have found someone better. I thought.

Every day, I drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes. I have become a depressed alcoholic who has lost faith in himself and clings to alcohol for relief. Alcohol is the one thing that soothes me. That disheartened I am.

Not only does the depression affect me but also my life.

My family. My parents. My films. My friends. My relationships.

I have lost them all...

I laid down on the sofa, with a beer bottle in my hand. I drink, continuing to lay down.  I emptied the contents in a few minutes and threw the bottle down, where it joined the other bottles scattered down.

Ring.
Ring.
Ring.

My doorbell rings. I look at the door lazily and cover my ears.

Ring.
Ring.

Unable to bear the torture, I make my way towards the door. I open it, ready to snap at anyone standing out.

But my eyes are met with surprise.

My eyes meet a pair of black eyes. A tinge of brown colour is visible in them.

Her eyes scrunch up, looking at me as if they were shocked. She doesn't smile at me but seemed positively petrified.

Her eyes look at me. As her beautiful black eyes met mine, a tear cascaded down her cheek. She saw my ruffled hair, bloodshot eyes and my unkept face.

I hated her crying. I hated seeing tears in her pretty face. It pained me inside, to see her cry.

Automatically, my hands reached out to her face and wiped the tear. I placed my hand on either side of her cheek, and she closed her eyes, allowing more tears to flow down.

I pulled her closer and kissed her forehead and hugged her.

"What happened, Sahil?" She said through her muffled sobs.

I pulled back and looked at her tear-streaked face. She looked at my eyes, demanding an answer, as mine broke away with tears filling my eyes.

She had come all over from Delhi to Mumbai to meet me. Me.

"Come in, Ayesha," I say as wipe my tears without her knowing.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.

.

.
.
Hi guys,

Um, this probably was a bit boring but trust me, this chapter is essential for my story.

Um, the next chapters are going to be damn impressive. I at least hope so.

Anyway, it's 12: 30  at night, and I am a feeling sleepy, so yeah, thanks for reading my book.

Comment and think about this chapter and tell me if it is good.

Thank you!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 9.9K 29
~Book 2 of Hidden Love Series~ "I don't have any expectations from this marriage, nor am I looking for love," he said. "I am entering into this marri...
241K 14.8K 37
3 brothers, 3 women and 3 stories The vicious love of royals is a combination of 1 family and 3 vicious romances 1. THE VICIOUS BET Daharthya Rajpu...
23.5K 3K 42
Cupid never had a chance in their messy, parental-restricted love story Karishma Jha, a twenty-one-year-old recent graduate with the world at her fee...
5.6K 373 24
"Har lamha yun kal ko talash raha hai yeh dil, Guzri yaadon ko fir se jeena chah raha hai yeh dil, Koi mujhse bhi puch le kyu khamosh hai meri aankhe...