skinny love | barry allen

concupiscentz tarafından

(n.) when two people love each other, but are too shy to admit it, yet they show it anyway. Daha Fazla

intro
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67

4

8.7K 261 89
concupiscentz tarafından

So much had happened in the past week that I couldn't even begin to process it anymore.

Joe had somewhat ended up in the hospital, due to some type of accident according to Barry and Joe.

Barry had treated me to a movie, but as per usual, he had to leave me to get something done.

My boss refused to let me write about what wasn't possible, so I had started a blog.

There was something going on in Central City and someone was out there stopping it.

And it only made my curiosity grow.

The Streak was seen on many different crimes, stopping them before they could go any further.

And The Streak was the only thing I wanted to write about.

My thoughts ripped away from me when the elevator opened as I walked into CCPD, noticing Barry walking toward the stairs, his eyes glued to a file.

"Hey-" I walked over to him, his head snapping up at the sound of my voice, "Coffee break?"

Barry smiles, taking the coffee from me as I sipped my cold coffee, "Thank you- what brings you here?"

"Well- I wanted to tell you something." I walked up the stairs with him, "I got an idea- and I'm so excited-"

Barry nods toward me, "Really, like what?"

I swallow the coffee in my mouth, "I started a blog."

"All right, what's it about?" Barry looked at me, "Your brownie obsession? 'Cause, you know, you probably shouldn't broadcast that."

"Barry!" I whine, this earning a laugh from him, "It's- about something important. Something that Central City needs to know about, something I've decided to shine light on- The Streak."

Barry instantly stopped walking and stared at me, the smile from his face fading.

I stopped with him and looked at him, "Barry- he's out there. He's saving people- preventing robberies- I mean, rumor has it, he stopped an armed car robbery earlier. I was hoping that I could take a look at the file, and-"

"What?" Barry stops me, and began to laugh, walking past me, "I'm not at liberty to discuss an ongoing police investigation with you."

"Come on- you've always let me!" I ran after him.

"Take it from someone who's been investigating the impossible since they were 11." Barry walked down the hall with me as we neared his Lab, "Blogging about this is only gonna bring the crazies to your front door."

I shrug, "My blog is anonymous."

"All right, well, anonymous or not, it's not safe." Barry told me, as we turned into his Lab, "You never know what kind of weirdos are out there trolling on the internet."

"I can vouch for that." A woman's voice made us both stop, as we looked in front of us, a blonde stood in front of us, pretty as ever, "The internet is full of weirdos and nerd rage- lots and lots of nerd rage."

"Hi." She smiles, holding her hand out for me, introducing herself, "Felicity Smoak."

"Zee Young." I shook her hand, smiling.

"Barry Allen." Barry joined in when Felicity and I let go, as we looked at him confused, him quickly following up, "But- you both already knew that."

Barry looks at me, "Felicity is-"

"The girl that you met in Starling City." I already knew, piecing it together, "You two worked on one of Barry's unexplainable cases."

"Which, long story short, was definitely explainable." She points at me then took a few steps back and points at the ceiling, "So- the lightning came through here?"

Barry swallows, looking between Felicity and I as if he was hoping she wouldn't call him out for something I didn't know, "Yeah."

-

I fumble with my headphones, trying to untangle them with one hand and my teeth, as I held my laptop and a coffee in my other hand, the laptop starting to slip out of my grip.

I was walking toward the door of Jitters, because I was on my way to CCPN, after speaking to Iris on my break.

The minute the laptop slips from my hands, a gasp leaves my lips, only to notice a hand catching it, my eyes following the hand and up to the person that caught it, my teeth gently gripping at the wire still, the headphones tangled within my fingers as I noticed Barry Allen, and next to him Felicity Smoak.

I blink a few times, the wire falling out of my mouth, "Hey, you two-"

"Hey." Barry smiles but then realized what I said, "We're not a two-"

"Oh, no." Felicity clears her throat, "We are a one and one."

"Yeah." Barry agrees, handing me back my laptop.

"Thanks-" I looked between them, "Has Barry been showing you some of the sights in Central City?"

Felicity smiles, "Yes, I have seen some pretty amazing things."

"Oh yeah?" An idea popped into my head, as I walked over and set down my laptop, coffee and headphones onto a table, "Well, maybe he can show you some of Central City's night life."

"Oh, no." Felicity said as they followed me, "I get plenty of night life in Starling City."

"Oh, this is something that I don't think that you're gonna want to miss." I persuade and pulled a brochure, "Are you guys busy tonight?"

Felicity stammers, "I don't think so-"

Barry trails off, staring at me suspiciously, "Not that I know of-"

"Great, because I'm suddenly not." I spun and face them, handing the brochure to Barry, "Trivia night at Jitters."

Barry's eyes read off the brochure, "Our night to win $75 worth of cappuccinos."

"Uh, yum." Felicity took the brochure then looked between us, "You know what, I'm gonna go call work, check in, make sure everything's okay- I'll be back in a second."

When she walked away, Barry was already shooting me a look, "Why are you doing this?"

I pretend to be clueless, "Doing what?"

"The trivia night- forcing this whole double date thing." Barry called me out, his eyes scanning my expression.

"Because Iris invited me to third wheel with her and Eddie and I wasn't looking forward to it, so when she runs into you and Felicity, she'll forget all about me." I told him, grabbing my laptop and headphones.

Or maybe, I was just trying to help him get over Iris because I knew she really liked Eddie.

Barry shot me disapproving look, but I could tell he was holding back a smile, causing me to speak again, "Or, because that girl is great, and she happens to come from your very rare species of adorable nerds- why didn't you tell me more about her?"

"There's nothing to tell." Barry puts his hands in his pockets, "She's just a friend."

"Barry, girls don't just hop on trains and travel hundreds of miles to see someone that they don't like." I reasoned, grabbing my coffee, "Plus- you guys would be cute together."

Barry groans, "Zee-"

"Bring her tonight, okay? It'll be good for both of you." I gave him a simple smile, before walking away and out the doors.

-

I walked into Jitters during trivia night, buying myself another coffee right after getting off of work.

This would be a bad decision, but I needed the energy to finish an assignment I was given tonight.

My beanie was loose on my head, my hair slightly messy, as I was dressed in an oversized blue flannel and a pair of black ripped jeans.

Joyful cheers and laughs surrounded me due to the trivia night, my mind instantly thinking about Barry and Felicity.

The minute I received my coffee, my eyes scanned the coffee shop for him, noticing Felicity walking toward the bathroom, my eyes almost popping out of their sockets from her dress, and Iris and Eddie walking toward me, leaving Barry alone at the table.

"Zee!" Iris greeted me, pulling me into a hug as Eddie quietly greeted me then orders some more drinks for them, "Are you okay? I noticed you didn't come-"

"I- just got off work." I hugged back, pulling away, "And I mean- I have a lot to do, so I'll be leaving after I talk to Barry, but I'll text you, okay?"

Iris gave me a simple nod, smiling before following her boyfriend.

I almost ran over to Barry, slightly leaning into him for support to stop as I skidded, my arm around his shoulder, "I'm great, aren't I?"

Barry jumps lightly, looking at me, "Jeez- you scared me-"

"My bad-" I sipped my coffee, "How's the double date going?"

"It's going fine-" Barry noticed the coffee, leaning into me, giving me chills when he does so, "How many coffees have you had today?"

"This is- my third, I think." I thought out loud, then changed the subject, "But- dude!"

Barry blinks, "Dude?-"

"Are you still gonna tell me that Felicity's not into you?" I brought up, scoffing in surprise, "I mean- I saw that dress!"

Barry shot me a look, as I grinned at him, "Felicity is smart, nice, and so- pretty. I'm telling you- she's perfect for you."

Barry stares at me for a second, "I know who's perfect for me."

"What, so you're saying Felicity isn't?" I questioned, not taking any mind to what he just said, "Do I have to go on about how she's one of the adorable nerds that would totally go good with you again?"

Barry exhales deeply and chuckles, "No- I think you've made that clear."

My arm moves, my hand resting on his back as I noticed Felicity leaving the bathroom, "That's my cue-"

Barry looked back at me as I began backing away, "Don't get over caffeinated!"

"Probably a little too late for that one." I snap my fingers, before turning and heading out, and to my car.

authors note:

sksksksk i just love this oml

vote and comment loadsss

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

71.5K 2.2K 48
Book 4 of the Is It Love? series. Make sure to read the other books first otherwise this won't make sense. Enjoy!!! #2 in flash-7/12/18 #5 in flash-7...
38.3K 852 31
Pretty self explanatory I think. Lot's of hurt Barry! Barry whumps! yay! Started a bit late, but here we gooo!
146K 5.2K 133
Happiness is difficult to find and even harder to keep. No one tells you that when life makes things easier for you that disaster is just around the...
20.2K 351 15
In a battle with the Reverse Flash Barry Allen accidentally reverses time to the day he woke up from his coma (this is my very first story please try...