Contradicting Twins Love {EDI...

By MabelOsagiede

Meet Thelma Logan and Theresa Logan. They are twenty-five years old identical twins with different personalit... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Fun-filled Chapter
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Epilogue
Dear Readers ❤️
It's Out😊💃💃
Instagram Handle

Chapter 14

377 131 38
By MabelOsagiede

Thelma couldn't believe her eyes. Alex was actually right. The party was a big one.

The hall was large enough to have a bungalow in it. Its wall shone in a bright gold due to its lustrous paint. It had good ventilation. One could breathe properly no matter how crowded it could be. It was definitely a classy party, more like the ones for royals. Thelma felt like she had walked into a royal ball.

However, she had a problem. Something that made uneasy. Her problem at the party was the fact that she found it difficult to walk on high-heeled shoes. Alex had selected a perfect pair of heels for her.

Perfect my foot! I can feel and hear the surface of the earth threatening to trip me. How will I survive?

She took little steps as she walked through the crowds to meet up with Alex's pace. She staggered and lost her balance. Quickly to avoid crumbling to the ground, she pulled the coat of a person closeby. She got her balance. The person turned swiftly. It was a male. Oops!

"Sorry, sir!" she apologized to the young man who stared flabbergasted.

"Why did you..." he suddenly looked at her shoes. "Oh! You are finding it difficult to walk on heels, right?"

Feeling ashamed, Thelma hung her head. She hated the situation she was in.

How can a woman find it difficult to walk on heels. Is it possible? Oh wait! With a freak like me, yeah! It is!

"No! No! Don't feel sad. It's okay. By the way, I'm Archie" he stretched his hand for a handshake.

"I'm Thelma. I am really,  really sorry about that."

"It's okay!" he smiled. "It was nice meeting you".

Thelma turned and noticed Alex glaring at her.

"Okay! Bye!  Thanks for understanding," she waved at him and strode to Alex, who was fuming.

"You are my p.a. You are to walk beside me not to befriend strangers" Alex rose his gravelly voice at her.

Trying to refrain from lying, she used a leveled tone and replied, "What do you expect? I almost fell down because of this perfect shoes of yours".

He arched an eyebrow at her, "What's wrong with the shoes?"

"I told you. I don't know how to walk on heels"

"Then learn!" he yelled and thudded off.

She continued with her little steps and her face scrunched up when she frowned.

Meanie!

Alex stopped and spoke to some people.

"Hmm... Thelma give me some flyers," he instructed.

She passed it to him. He handed a flyer to a chubby man and said to him, "Take this, sir! This is my company. You can find some information there".

"Uh! Your p.a seems dizzy... or something" the man notified.

"Hey! Are you okay?" the stranger asked.

"No! No!  I just lost my balance bec.. because... I... Hmm... Stepped on a pen. No big deal!" She lied. She knew the truth was that she was uncomfortable with the shoes.

Alex noticed it. As soon as the people he was talking to left, he bent his arm and signalled Thelma to slip hers in so she could use him as her support. Thelma slipped her hand and placed it in the crook of his arm. When she was okay, they walked on.

"I will get you to our VIP seats. You will stay there, clear!" Alex whispered.

"Alone?"

"What kind of question is that?"

"But..."

"No, buts!"

Thelma looked at him. He was looking straight at a different direction. She couldn't help but blush. Now, she could walk with pride because of his support. Her hand was lightly placed on the crook of his arm. She smiled. It turns out Alex could be caring when he chooses to be. They got to the seat. Thelma sat down and Alex sat beside her.

"I thought you would leave?" Thelma asked.

"I will stay here for a while"

"Why?"

"The person I wanted to talk to just left the hall" he replied and his arched brows, black eyes and firm pursed lips gave him a severe look.

"Oh!"

For a moment, I thought he was staying her because of me!

Out of the blue, Vivian sat beside Alex. He was so shocked to see her.

"Hey, love!" she greeted    Alex. "And you!" she turned to Thelma and greeted with an acidic tone.

"What are you doing here?" Alex snapped.

"You aren't the only one invited, darling!"

"Please sit somewhere else!" Alex fumed.

"No way! Look, this seat is mine" she pointed to the paper clipped on the table. Her name was boldly written there, 'Vivian Russo'.

Suddenly, Vivian ran her finger down Alex's suit and licked her blood red sticky lips with her tongue. Alex pushed her hand away from him and rose to his feet.

"I'm leaving here!" Alex said to Thelma and wandered off.

"Wait! I'm coming with you" Thelma sprang up. Alex halted.

There is no way I will sit beside that shameless woman.

Thelma took her little steps towards him.

"Why did you stand up?" Alex questioned after seeing the way she struggled to move.

"I can't sit beside that woman. She disgusts me! "

Alex's eyebrows furrowed.

"The word 'disgust' reminded me of someone," he said in deep thought.

"Who?"

He shrugged.

Who would I remind him of... Oh! Theresa!

"Is it Theresa?...Cos Theresa likes to use the word 'disgust' "

He froze and exclaimed, "Yeah! You're right! That  your opposite!"

"She hates when people say that," Thelma pointed out.

"That's why I love it!" he winked.

Alex bent his arm. Thelma smiled and slipped her arm in.

"Thanks!" she said with a broad smile.

Alex frowned.

A frown? I have to admit it! Alex, you are just complicated!

Alex moved about talking to different business men and women. At last, he met the person he had been waiting for, the birthday celebrant!

"Happy birthday, sir!" he greeted politely.

I guess Alex is only polite to people he would benefit him.

"Happy birthday, sir!" Thelma greeted.

"Thank you!" the old man replied. "Oh! You said you had something to tell me". 

"Yes, sir!"

"What's it about?"

"Not much! Just about my company"

"Alright! I said I will invest in it"

"Yes! There are some documents for you to sign, Mr Robert".

The DJ turned on a soft, slow music in which male and female paired themselves to dance.

"Dancing time!" Mr Robert rejoiced. He moved his body slowly to the rhythm.

"Hmm! Sir!..."

The man interrupted Alex, "How about you dance with the pretty lady beside you. Then, we can talk later! Celebrate with me!"

Alex turned to the lady beside him who was Thelma. Her eyes widened. For a minute, they stared at each other.

"Come on, young ones! Dance!" Mr Robert pushed Alex.

Alex sighed. "Would you have this dance?" he asked Thelma. She nodded and placed her hand on his. They strode to the dance floor.

"You really don't have to dance if you don't want to!" Thelma disclosed.

"You heard the man. Before he can sign the documents, I have to dance. That man is quite important in our business," Alex replied. He placed his hands on Thelma's waist and she placed hers on his shoulder. They danced slowly to the song.

Thelma didn't know when her eyes fell on his and she got lost in those black bright eyes. The atmosphere to her was soaked with deep emotions. She couldn't describe the way she felt. What she could say, was that she felt sparks and electric current move within her.

Her body became vulnerable to the music. She hardly touched the ground as she threw her body to the song, dancing with no care of the world around her. Her hip swayed left to right under Alex's touch. The touch that sent warmth to her shuddering body.

At last, the music came to a stop. She was panting with joy filled in her throbbing heart.

Gosh! That was amazing. It was like I was in a ball dancing with my Prince Charming.

Alex left and walked up to Mr Robert. "I have danced, sir!" he said.

"Okay! The documents!" Mr Robert exclaimed. Thelma strode to them. "Marvelous, my child! You danced well. For a moment, I thought you two were couples".

It was like a bombshell to Alex because he suddenly fell the documents he was holding and coughed a little.

"Something wrong?" Mr Robert's forehead creased and he shot a brow up. He was an old man indeed but he seemed young due to his desire for fun. He chuckled as Alex ran his fingers down his hair.

"No, sir!" Alex replied and picked the documents.

"I think I just had a cough".

"Is it because I called you couples?"

Thelma nipped on her lip as she watched them. Her skin crawled as nervousness made its way to her soul. She looked at Alex who was also uncomfortable with this.

"Isn't she a fine lady?" Mr Robert asked. "Do you know I knew your father? A lovely man indeed! I'm sure he would want his son to get married soon".

Alex frowned. His blood boiled. His body tensed with his veins throbbing and his chin jutting. His brows were lowered and he squinted his eyes.

The old man scribbled his signature on the document Alex had given him. He passed the document to Thelma and the pen, he handed it to Alex. He studied Alex's expression and asked, "Are you angry, child?"

"No, sir!" Alex said, trying to sound polite though he wanted to yell at him.

Mr Robert turned to Thelma whose eyes went widened in a tsunami of fright.

"Calm down! I was just joking," Mr Robert chuckled, his wrinkled face squinted below his hollow eyes. 

"Joking? How senseless!" Alex muttered.

"What did you say?" Mr Robert quirked a brow.

"Nothing, sir!"

Mr Robert turned to Thelma.

"What did he say?"

Thelma's heart plummeted. She knew what he said.  Alex's eyes went round. Thelma could guess he wanted her to lie.

"Well... Um... He said he knew you were joking," she lied and rubbed her palm on her dress.

I have just been lying recently! That's not good.

"Oh!" he laughed. "I was not joking. I was serious... but take it as a joke".

Mr Robert smiled and left. A sigh of relief escaped Alex's pink lips.

"Who does he think he is?" Alex mumbled. Thelma shrugged in reply.

I don't know! Maybe he thinks he is the guy with the big cash.

"I hate elders who think they are clever," Alex muttered.  "If not for the business, I was so ready to insult him".

Okay! Why is Alex so angry?

"I hate the word 'marriage' " Alex grumbled, broke the pen he held and stormed out. Thelma sighed and took her little steps back to her seat.

***************************

Theresa ran without looking back. She was panting as she used every energy in her to push herself further. This was the moment one wished they could fly. She could hear Kelvin's voice repeatedly saying, "RUN!" and the deep voice of a man echoed, "No matter where you run to, I will hunt you down and I won't hesitate to kill you".

   ~~~Author's Note~~~
What just happened? What did I miss?

Yeah! Some mysterious things are happening! Read more to know what really happened to Theresa. There are still juicy events to take place. Pls don't hesitate to vote and comment. Thanks  a lot. 😊😁❤💋💖😉.
Love y'all!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.1K 1.3K 71
Logan had everything he could ever want: a vast fortune, luxury cars, and a private jet to whisk him away to any destination he desired. But his hear...
718K 27.8K 65
Sophia Bennett, a 23 year old woman, looking for a job which will pay her enough to use that money to pay off the debt she had taken for her sister's...
111K 5.2K 59
Alana is torn between two men. Two men who hate each other. Two men who want her. Two men who lie so the other wouldn't have her. Wanting to live...