BLUE | k•th ✓

By UrMyHopee

"I never thought I'd ever find you." _________ Kim Taehyung. CEO of one the biggest companies. A cold hearte... More

INTRODUCTION
MAIN CHARACTERS
•Prologue•
•one•
•two•
•three•
•four•
•five•
•six•
•seven•
•eight•
•nine•
•ten•
•eleven•
•twelve•
•thirteen•
•fourteen•
•fifteen•
•sixteen•
•seventeen•
•eighteen•
•nineteen•
•twenty one•
•twenty two•
•twenty three•
•twenty four•
•twenty five•
•twenty six•
•twenty seven•
•twenty eight•
•twenty nine•
•thirty•
•thirty one•
•thirty two•
•thirty three•
•thirty four•
•thirty five•
•thirty six•
•thirty seven•
•thirty eight•

•twenty•

7.9K 461 26
By UrMyHopee

What was it you were feeling? The first time someone had told you there was a cure. An end to your suffering. 

Ah right, you remember. 

You had just woken up in the hospital. You could hear voices, both familiar and unfamiliar but you couldn't see their faces. At first, you had thought there was a bandage covering your eyes or tears blurring your vision to the point it was too painful to even try to see. 

It started with you whispering your parents names to you crying their names. The real tears came easily, stripping you of your self confidence and every last strand of hope. 

You had taken the world for granted and it wanted to show you the price of doing that.

But the part you remember the most is when the doctor told your parents there was nothing more they could do. Throwing the offer of a treatment along with the inconceivable price in their faces like they were made of money. 

Although you couldn't see your parents faces, you could still imagine the look they had when they realized they couldn't give you the treatment you need. It was from then on that you realized that this is how you were going to be for the rest of your life. 

A money drainer. A burden.

Yet here you are again, facing another man who's telling you there's a cure. It's the man you love and the man who loves you.

"Y/N, did you hear what I said?" His hands are cupping your cheeks, holding them dearly like they're his. 

You did hear what he said, didn't you? Or had you gone deaf too?

It's impossible to not to have heard him. The words you never thought you would ever hear in a million years. This was something you never even bothered to wish on stars or birthday candles. You would always save those wishes for something more realistic. 

"There's an end to this." He continues to tell you. "And I promise you I will pay every penny until I can make it happen." 

There's a block of hesitation that stops you from completely believing and trusting his words. Something telling you that you shouldn't get your hopes too high up. 

Your lips part and all that comes out is a shaky breath. There's no words to describe how you're feeling. Covering your hands over his, you suck in a breath and tell him. "There's a chance."

It's more of a statement than a question and you don't know whether its too dangerous to have this much hope. "There's a chance for me to live a better life."

The most heart warming smile slides across his lips. "Yes."

"And you're going to give it to me?" You slip in more doubt to this one, still trying to grasp the fact that this man is willing to go this far for you.

"Yes." He repeats, kissing the tip of your nose. "I am."

That's all you need to know. For now.

"We're home, sir." 

The driver tells him gently, turning off the engine of the car in one switch of the key. The faint vibration and noise of the alive car falls dead. The quiet silence of the night creeps in, seeping into the black fabric of the back of the car where Jin idly sits.

His eyes stay heavily trained on the window like they had been for the whole ride. Except he never really saw anything the whole way. With his eyes wide and open, still nothing was visible to him but the biggest secret he's had to keep for a long time. 

He really thought he got rid of it. He really thought that with the right amount of money, he could bury the right type of secrets. 

But he never knew there'd be a motive to dig through the dirt and reveal them to the world again. At times like this he would curse himself for caring so much, wishing and wondering how life would be so much more easier if he was simply as cold and heartless as everyone else. Thankfully, he'd remind himself before he went too far that there's too many people like that already and he needs to be the better one. How important it was that he cared for people and things like this.

It gives hope in what's left of humanity.

The driver opens the door for him and he exits the car, breathing out as he takes in the large home that stands before him. 

"I'll be outside your home tomorrow morning, sir. Good night."

Jin gives him a smile and a courteous nod. The thing was that Jin hadn't driven since the accident. It was too traumatizing that he couldn't bare the thought of ever being responsible for someone's life like Namjoon once was. One wrong turn, one malfunction of the car. Anything and he could end up damaging another person's life like Namjoon had done to you.

As the car drives off into the night, Jin turns around and decides to enter his home through a way other than the front door. The tiny pebbles of the driveway crunch beneath the soles of his shoes while he walks slowly, the burden on his shoulders seeming to get heavier and heavier as the days had gone on.

Approaching his garage, he enters the code of the side wall and it starts to open. Inside there's nothing but a few bicycles and a bike. Tools and other home boxes stacked up on shelves but it's missing the one thing most garages have. A car.

Shifting past all the bicycles he hasn't touched in years, he reaches the back of the garage. While he stands in front of a small door, he glances around cautiously before opening it. He enters the room. The room where he keeps his biggest secret. 

It's hard to miss it. Looking as if the room was made just to fit it in perfectly, finally a car has appeared in his home. One that no one should ever drive, one that no one should ever see.

A big black car. Cracks spiral up and across the wind shield like twisted branches of a tree. The front of the car is mostly compressed together, the metal deformed and damaged. It's so easy to say that this is the car that was in the accident. It's a car that took one's sight.

Jin's trembling eyes graze over the surface of the mangled vehicle, blowing out a small breath. He thought he'd forgotten what it looked like but no, he still remembers each and every scratch.

This should be enough evidence to put someone behind bars. All he has to do is turn the car in and admit to his crimes. 

Or...

He could get rid of it. Use more of his hard earned money to make it vanish forever and he never again has to worry about it. The biggest secret that he's locked away in his home all this time would cease to exist just like that.

The ring of his phone causes his heart to almost jump out of his chest. The suspense of the room had been dragging him so deep that he forgot where he was for a second. 

Clearing his throat, he answers. "Hello?"

"Jin, you won't believe it."

He feels an uncomfortable lump in his throat when he recognizes Taehyung's voice. "Wh-what is it, Tae?"

"We've found a treatment for Y/N! She's going to be able to get surgery done and see again!" 

Jin's never heard his friend so happy and his happiness automatically becomes his own. He looks out towards the car again, eyes wider and alert. "You mean she won't be blind anymore?"

"Yes!" Joyous laughter booms through the phone. "Isn't that amazing?"

He wants to cry. Jin wants to cry but he's not entirely sure why. Whether it's the fact that his friend is unbelievably happy or that god finally decided to give Y/N a chance that he took away in the first place. 

Was this enough? Was this forgiveness? 

If all that was made wrong has been made right again, it should be enough. Shouldn't it?

Backing away from the car, Jin leaves the room. "It's amazing, Taehyung. I'm incredibly happy for her, you have no idea."

And just like he lets the door fall shut, locking his secret away once again and maybe this time for forever.

____________

Short chapter but oh the drama I'm going to build up for all you 😋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 11.6K 14
❝ Some people can control their destiny while some can't ❞ Those soft lips perfectly fit mine and the sync with which they moved against mine was per...
642K 24.4K 39
Everything is all over the place for Y/N. She is hiding in Daegu from Seoul's mafia Boss. Who happens to be her fiancé. She gets tangled up somehow...
2.5M 109K 74
In which Taehyung contacts a wrong number. 'One day, out the blue, a message popped up on my phone from an unknown source. "Just because you don't s...
292K 13.2K 42
❝their relationship is bitter; but he makes it sweet❞ started; 5.21.2017 finished;11.22.2017 ©-EROTICA ||| highest ranks: #5 in taegi