๐—ก๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐˜๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ( tua. )

By SIMPLYMAYFIELD

โ”€ ๐—ก๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐˜๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ โ that i'm no sweet dream, but i'm a hell of a night. โž in which two people come back a... More

epigraph
cast
prologue
chapter one โ”€ "What happened to your face?"
chapter two โ”€ "And then there were none."
chapter three โ”€ "Call me when you get out of jail, mi amor!"
chapter four โ”€ "She's drunk"
chapter five โ”€ "Make all their bones get crushed by the ceiling?"
chapter six โ”€ "You didn't mention that he was a creepy ass guy,"
chapter seven โ”€ "Idiot's, all my brothers are idiots,"
chapter eight โ”€ "I don't remember the forecast calling for 13 year oldst
chapter nine โ”€ "Hey we're selling Girl Scout cookies also try not to-"
chapter eleven โ”€ "And if you tell Klaus any of this you are so dead."
chapter twelve โ”€ "Who's Vanya?"
chapter thirteen โ”€ "That's a location and a noun not a plan."
chapter fourteen โ”€ "You don't say Moon Boy."
sequel
important question !!!

chapter ten โ”€ "Fine I'm sorry we lied,"

1.9K 47 5
By SIMPLYMAYFIELD

×××

chapter ten ─ "Fine I'm sorry we lied,"

×××

Allison pulled up to the cabin as Luna checked the file and nodded. Luna smiling a bit hearing a few frogs croaking.

The two walked up under the small porch. Coming up across to the side of the house. And peered into a window seeing Vanya's violin case there.

Turning away from the window a bird flew across scarring Allison as Luna started laughing.

"Glad to know you still laugh when your scared."

🌇

"I really hate traffic," Luna mumbled as the sat stuck in traffic. She glazed out the window noticed a very familiar thing blowing in the wind.

She raised a brow hitting Allison's shoulder, "What Luna!" She didn't replied all she did was get out of the car. Allison followed completely confused putting her sunglasses on.

Luna reached, pulling down a blue and white scarf. "Does this look familiar?" She asked showing Allison the scarf.

Allison took it, studying it, "Vanya."

The two quickly went under the police tape. "Hey. Pardon me. Hey."

"Oh-"

"I gotta ask you to stay behind the lines. We had an accident here last night." A police officer said stopping them. "A--Whar kind of accident?" Luna questioned.

"Ladies. The line, please."

"Okay. Yes. Sorry." Allison said dragging her and Luna back under the tape. "Got a lot of stuff on the ground, okay? To be wary of."

"What happened?"

"We're trying to figure that out. As soon as we do, you'll be able to read it in the newspaper with everybody else. So, have a nice day." The officer said.

"Look, officer, if there id any way-" Allison said taking her sunglasses off.

"Holy shit!" The officer exclaimed turning back around. Luna pushed her arm infront of Allison pulling her sunglasses down to the bridge of her nose. "Uh..."

"You're Allison and Luna Hargreeves? I saw you on Tv two nights ago in that Sandra Bullock movie about underpaid teachers that rob a bank." He explained.

"Yeah. That's me." Allison said smiling.

"Wow I-I can't believe it. The nightmare herself, I saw you take down Mitchell Holly and that first round...wow," He said pointing towards Luna.

She smiled, "Yep, uh, she's a old friend of mine." Luna replied nodding her head, feeling a bit exposed.

Sure she had gotten a recognized before but not a whole lot. Whenever it would happen she was at fights or press junkies. Whenever she would go out she was always with Abby or Miley to bail her out of the situation. She was always terrified she was gunna hurt someone on accident.

"Oh! Wow. Hey. If I'm being honest, my wife and I, we prefer you in the romantic comedies."

"Oh."

"The Love on Loan trilogy. We can't get enough." The officer said and Allison nodded and smiled as the awkward silence filled the air.

"Copy, Cheddar?" The officer's radio called.

"Yeah, what do you got, Fred?" The officer Cheddar answered. "Hospital called. Perp from last night just regained consciousness."

"Copy. I'll be right over." Officer Cheddar answered before looking between the two girl. "Allison and Luna freakin' Hargreeves. Wow." The two looked down and chuckled. "Ah, my wife's not gonna believe it. Anyway, I-- I-- I... I gotta go."

"Oh."

"Work stuff. Yeah."

"Ye-yeah, of course. Sorry." Luna stuttered stepping to the side as Officer Cheddar past.

"Actually, that's...why we're here." Allison said stopping the him, "I'm- I'm researching a role. A law enforcement role." She quickly lied.

"In Jackpine Cove? We haven't had a murder here in years."

"Oh, uh... it's about, um...a small-town cop who takes down a drug cartel. In fact, maybe we could tag along while you conduct some official police business?" Allison lied.

Luna nodded, "Yeah, I, uh, I'm thinking about hearing a bodyguard and I just wanna see what cop's do on case's." Luna added nodding.

"We promise...we won't get in the way. I just... I think you could really, um...help me develop my character, if I could live a day in the life, you know."

"Day in the life, huh?" He asked as the sister lightly smiled.

"Eh... Come on. Follow me."

🌇

"Mr. Luntz? Mr. Luntz, can you hear me?"

"Who, um..." The man that laid on the hospital bed asked waking up. "Who are you?'

"I'm Sergeant Cheddar, and thid is...This are my...associates." He said motion towards Luna and Allison. "Just have a couple of questions for you."

"Am I in trouble?"

"No trouble, nothin' like that. I just...I wanted to ask you about the accident in the Bearskin Tavern parking lot last night."

The man sighed, "You're a cop."

"What gave it away," Luna muttered getting a small nudge from Allison.

"You gotta protect me no matter what, right?" The man asked.

"It's my sworn duty."

"It was no accident " The man slowly said. "What do you mean?" Cheddar asked. "This guy...hired us to start a fight. He wanted us to rough him up in front of his girlfriend. He paid real good, up front. We got drunk. Took it a little too far. Started to hassle the girl, too. And then, all hell broke loose." The man explained.

"The guy who paid you, what did he look like? Brown hair, light scruff, slight build?"

"Yeah. Yeah, that's him." He confirmed.

"Well, that's a... a really good guess." Officer Cheddar said as Allison started to get something from her pockets. "Is this his girlfriend?" She asked showing him Vanya's photo.

"Hey, uh... Just, um... Just a moment." The officer said pushing Allison and Luna back. "Hey, by any chance, is your moive called Small Town Cop Falls for Hollywood Superstar's Bullshit?"

Luna sighed, "Look were sorry for misleading you."

"I believe the word would be "lying."

Luna bit her tongue, "Fine, I'm sorry we lied." She said giving him a fake smile. "But I didn't know how else to get answers." Allison started and showed him Vanya's photo. "This is our sister. And I think the guy that put him in this hospital has her."

"We have to find her." Luna added.

"I could get fired for just bringing you down here with me."

"Please. We're thinking she's in trouble. I need your help." Luna pleaded as her face softened.

He was quiet for a moment before signing, "Answer the lady's questioned. Is this the girlfriend?"

A nurse suddenly came in before the guy can answer, "Sorry, but the doctor's ordered more tests. You're gonna have to ask him questions later."

Luna and Allison glanced at each other before walking out of the room.

🌇

While Allison and Officer Cheddar talked, Luna was on the phone. "Yes, Abby please just call me when you can get him out.

"Okay, I don't know if it's gunna work Lu, but I'll call and ask Miley about it. How's everything up there?"

Luna hesitated, "Depends if you mean how's it has been seeing all my siblings, or me trying to cope with my brain thingy?" She heard chuckle a bit
"The second one,"

She sighed closing her eyes setting her head against the hallway wall. "I've had a margin since the fight-"

"And you just now decided to tell me?!" Luna had to pull to phone away a bit. "Yes Abby, because I can deal with it that's why." She said noticing Allison walking in the other direction. "God damn it Allison, listen Abbey I'll talk to you later I'm gunna go kill my sister." Luna saie before hanging up and runing after Allison.

🌇

"If your gunna run off like that the less you could have done was yell 'Hey Luna were leaving.'' Luna muttered as the two walked up the stairs to the cabin.

"Shhh," Allison shushed pointing towards the house where a violin was playing. Luna tilted her head a bit noticing things swinging and shaking.

"Vanya? Is that you?" Allison called as the two girl's approached the door.

"Vanya, there you are. What is going on?' Luna questioned as the two walked in making Vanya turn around. "What are you guys doing here?"

"We came to find you." Luna replied pointing at her. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah."

"There's something... werid going on. What's causing it?" Allison asked looking around. Luna quickly held her hands up, "I don't have anything to do with it,"

"Me."

The two turned their heads to her slowly walking towards her. "What do you mean, "me"?" Luna questioned raising a brow.

"I mean...I made those things happen." She said simply, "With my powers. Turns out I've had them all this time. It's weird, huh?"

"Huh," Luna mumbled.

"It's in- it's incredible." Allison breathed out.

"But?"

"Ca-Can we do this in the car?" Luna asked pointing behind her. "Why?"

"You're not gonna want to hear it." Allison said. "Well, that's never stopped you before." Allison nodded before placing her hands into her pockets. "Leonard Peabody? His real name zis Harold Jenkins."

Vanya didn't say anything, "Remember when I couldn't find anything in the library on Leonard? It's because Leonard Peabody doesn't exist. Harold Jenkins does. He was in prison for 12 years. He murdered his father when he was 13." She explained.

"This is... insane. His dad was an engineer at the-" Vanya started to explain but Luna cut her off. "The police report is in the car, Vanya. I can show you." she explained stepping up next to Allison.

"I don't...I don't understand."

"Leonard, Harold, I-- I know it doesn't make any sense, and I know it sounds crazy, but we were in his house." Allison started as Luna walked closer to her, "He had pictures of all of us our eyes were gouged out. Remember those stupid action figures they were melted." She added.

"What-- What? I--" Vanya stuttered.

"I promise I will tell you everything in the car, but it is not safe." Allison said grabbing onto her forearm as she backed away. "No, stop."

Vanya sat down in a chair as Allison crouched down next to her while Luna stood. "Look, um... I can't imagine how hard it id for you to hear this... how you feel right now, but I... I love you, and I-" Allison said as Luna noticed Vanya was getting worked up.

"I just...I wanna be here for you, as your sister."

"Allison," Luna warned.

"There's just no way. I love him. This just doesn't make any sense. And this power... I-I don't know. I don't know what's going on."

Luna quickly crouched down and held one of Vanya's hand. "I know, I know how it feels. You feel like you can't control it, bu-but Vanya you can. I'll teach you how, I'll teach you everything I know but we have to get out of here." She exclaimed.

"I don't know what to do."

Luna glanced towards Allison who was looking down, "I understand now."

"When we were four, Dad told us you were sick. You had to be isolated. We were so young. None of us knew to question it...But then he asked me to do something I never understood...until now. He made me an accomplice."

They were all silent, Vanya stared at Allison, who was looking at the ground, with tears in her eyes. Luna didn't have any words, she didn't understand any of it.

"You did this to me?" she finally got out.

"I..I.. I didn't realize."

"You knew this whole time? That I had powers," Vanya said standing up. "No, no! I didn't really understand until I came today, until I saw it." Allison explained standing up as Luna followed.

"Well, now it all makes sense. This is why you two never wanted me around."

"What, no,"

"You couldn't risk me threatening your place in the house, your-- your dominance."

"That is not true."

"You couldn't handle the fact that Dad might find me special.

Luna looked up at Vanya, who had moved towards the door. "I never wanted anyone around. I was terrified of hurting someone. I had no clue how to control this," She explained looking down at her hands, starting to feel her emotions starting to swirl. "Vanya you are special, with or without powers." Allison added.

"Don't--Don't say that!"

"We have a chance to start over." Allison yelled back as Luna calmed herself down and noticed Vanya was getting worked up, "Vanya you need to calm down."

"Your destroyed my life!"

"Oh, please, Vanya. Everything is out in the open. We can move on!"

"Oh, I'm moving on. But not with you, with Leonard."

"With Harold, you mean." Luna corrected. "With Leonard!" She agrued back. "The only person who has ever loved me for me."

Luna nodded looking down at the ground, while Allison chuckled. "Look me in the eye and tell me you're not threatened now." Vanya asked as the wind started picking up. "Vanya-" Luna warned.

"We don't wanna argue with you."

"Then go!"

"Uh-"

"We're only trying to help you."

"I don't want either of your help!"

"Vanya, I love you!"

"Vanya just please calm down," Luna asked slowly. "Stop saying that!" She yelled as the wind started getting worse.

Allison looked around, "Are you.. Are you okay?"

"I said go!" She yelled as the lights shaddered. Luna moved her arm above her. She slowly lifted it down, "Vanya, please, these powers- your powers are tied to your emotions. If your emotions get out of hands than bad things are going to happen. So please, stop and calm down. All I wanna do is to help, okay," Luna askes slowly walking towards her with her hands up.

"Why won't you just leave me alone!" Vanya yelled as a force slammed her into the fire place. Her whole body slammed against the bricks her head beening the last thing.

She slowly fell down face down as Allison rushed to her side. She flipped her over, "Luna! Luna, please wake up! Luna, wake up," she yelled but Luna didn't wake up. Allison slowly placed her face up laying her down gently. "Please don't make me do this," Allison pleaded walking towards Vanya as the wind just got worse.

"I heard a rumor..." Allison started at Vanya slashed the bow across her slashing Allison throat open.

"Allison," Vanya asked quickly going towards her as Allison held her neck as the blood rushed from it. "No! No! Alison!"

Allison fell to the floor, "Oh! Allison!" Vanya yelled "Allison!"

"Vanya wait," Lenorad said bursting in seeing Allison choking on the floor. Vanya on top of her trying to help, and Luna past out laying next to fire place with blood running from her forehead.

"I didn't mean to..."

Lenorad grabbed Vanya and lefted. Leaving Allison bleeding out as she looked over towards Luna, grabbing her hand. But Luna layed there as more blood rushed from her head

🌇

The door busted open as Luther saw Allison and Luna on the floor. "Allison! No!" He said running to her said.

Diego sooned followed seeing Luna was right next to her. "L?!" He ran to her picking her head up and touching the blood coming from her head.

Klaus soon stumbled over standing between the two girls. "Luna, please wa-wake u-up." He stuttered holding onto her cheek. "Please wake up," But she was out for good.

🌇

Reginald stood in front of a table across from him was a young Luna. "Alright Number Eight we are gunna through the main element's and a few others."

She nodded as he picked up a match stick. "Light it." She snapped her fingers as a small flame sparked from the tip of her thumb. She reached over a lit the match, taking a few steps back.

"Good," He said extinguishing the match. "Now earth." They both took a step down the table, stopping in front of a small pile of rocks.

"Separate the rocks,"

Luna shut her eye's and took a deep breath, focusing on the rocks, tuning everything else out.

The rocks slowly started to shake, shaking faster and faster. The rocks moved apart and Luna slowly opened her eye's exhaling through her mouth.

"Moving onto air,"

He nodded towards his left where Pongo was, signaling to cut the air conditioning off. The sound of the cold air blowing slowly died.

"Now," Reginald started as he picked up a wind chime and held it up. "Make this chime."

The house grew quite. Luna took a small step backwards and looked at the ground, taking a deep long breath in there her noise. And closeing her eyes and focusing on how the wind sounded.

After a moment Luna slowly opened her eyes hearing the small wind chimes clucking together making a small amount of noise.

She smiled lightly and quickly wiped it off her face looking up. Reginald nodded and set the chimes down. "Lastly water,"

They moved to the end of the table were two glasses stood. The one in front of Reginald was filled with water, and the one infront of Luna was empty.

"Move this water into the empty glass,"

Luna took a step and grabbed onto the empty glass, and stared at it. She focused on the empty glass. The water formed a stream and poured into the glass.

"Boil it,"

Luna took the glass and placed it onto her left hand.

Her hand slowly turned red and the water started bubbling. "Now frezze it," She placed the glass onto her other hand. Slowly it turned blueish white as the water froze.

"Now one more test," Reginald said as Luna looked up at him. "Make it rain,"

"How am I supposed to do that?" She questioned setting the glass down.

"Water molecules floating around in the air. Make them into water droplets."

Luna's eyes wondered around the room. She looked down at her feet. The room grew colder as small clouds formed on the ceiling. She noticed the red string missing from her leg. She had cutten it off last night after he left. Thunder roared throughout the room. He, she couldn't even think his name let alone say it. It was raining by now, "That's enough."

She couldn't even understand he left. 'He left and he's never coming back' Luna thought he stomach tying in nots. The rain was coming down hader as thunder was ringing throughout the house every other minute.

"Number Eight!" Reginald yelled.

"What!" Luna snapped as the rain stopped in place. "That is enough for today, go upstairs and calm yourself down before you flood this house." He ordered.

She huffed and ran up the stairs. Slamming her door shut and laying down on her bed on her stomach. She grabbed one of her pillows, "Ugh!" she yelled into the pillow.

That night she layed in her closest hugging a pillow close. Her eyes were puffy and glossy from bawling her eyes out. Normally Klaus and Diego would take turns staying with her through the night. But they were gone...for good.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 6.8K 40
โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ฎ๐ฉ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐š โž zero wants to go home, but home is complicated and her family is dysfunctional. it doe...
297K 7.3K 19
โ” ๐’…๐’Š๐’†๐’ˆ๐’ ๐’‰๐’‚๐’“๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’” ๐’‡๐’‚๐’๐’‡๐’Š๐’„๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’
99.5K 2.9K 23
"I don't need faith in any more people, the ones I have faith in right now are enough." "And who exactly are those people?" "Let me see: Diego's gone...
312K 8.9K 45
How dysfunctional can a family get? Throw in some powers, an emotionally absent dad, raising emotionally stunted children, one of them stuck in a chi...