Free Time - Ruel Fanfic

By cheesepizza379

Kara and Ruel have been friends since they could remember but what will happen when their careers take off? W... More

CHARACTER PROFILES
1; Poems
2; Auditions
3; Butterfly
4; Birthday Surprises
5; Messages
6; Premiere
7; Satan's Minions
8; No More School?
9; Popcorn for Breakfast
11; You Yelled?
12; She isn't planning on coming back
13; I'm going to explode
14; I am Captain Marvel
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR LITTLE GIRAFFE
9th Nov 2019
15; My toast!

10; What did you get for 8?

235 6 2
By cheesepizza379

*Friday, day before Kara leaves*

*Third person POV*

"Are you going to eat that?" Ruel asks Kara pointing to the donut in her hand. 

Kara closes her mouth which was about to take a bite from the strawberry flavoured donut and looks up at Ruel. 

"Oh no I was just going to inhale the scent of the donut" Kara says rolling her eyes, clearly full of sarcasm. 

She looks back at the holy goodness in her hand but before she could devour it -- 

"Ok great" Ruel grabs the donut out of Kara's hand and stuffs it into his face.

"HEY!" Kara flaps her hands in the air absolutely offended by Ruel's actions. 

He looks over at Kara and gives her his signature goofy smile. 

She crosses her arms around her chest and looks away from him to face Ivy, who just laughs at the two fools in front of her. 

"Kara?" Ruel taps her shoulder

"No"

"C'mon"

"No"

A few moments of silence passes between the table of friends. The gang quietly watching the feud between the two. 

"Kar? My best friend?" Ruel speaks up. 

This caught Kara's attention and being Kara she wraps her arms around Ivy's shoulder and turns her to face Ruel. 

"Ruel, donut stealer, I would like you to meet Ivy, my best friend" Ruel's eyes bulge out, he clearly realises his mistake now. 

"WhaaAt, no no no no no. Here have my - uh -" Ruel searches through his lunch "my cookie" he says pulling out a container containing a cookie. 

"hmmm" Kara squints her eyes at her ex best friend "your lucky I love cookies" she finally says grabbing the cookie out of the container and wrapping her hands around her reassigned best friend. 

"Hey! What about me?!" Ivy says.

Before Kara could say anything more the bell rang indicating that lunch was over. 

*In Math*

Kara and Ivy took their seats next to each other on a table of four with two other girls in their math class, Cat and Sophia. 

"Last day huh?" Cat says. 

"Yup, I actually can't believe I'm saying this but I think I'm going to miss school"

"I can believe it" Sophia laughs "Your literally good at every subject without even trying"

"Except English" Ivy adds, getting a small nudge from Kara "rude"

"Alright class, just continue with the bookwork from yesterday" the teacher says before taking a seat at her desk. 

Kara grabs out her book and pencil. Putting her headphones in and starting her music, focusing on her work. 

"Kara, what did you get for 8?" Cat asks

Kara looks up from her workbook at Cat before looking back down and flipping a couple pages back to question 8. 

"uhh 25.4cm" she replies. 

Cat looks down at her answer and looks back up with a confused face. 

"I got 7"

Kara laughs and peers over at Cat's workbook. 

"You didn't change the sign when you moved the 14 to the other side" 

"Oh, thanks"

Kara looks back down to her work and flips back to the page she was working on. A little while later Cat speaks again. 

"What did you get for 11?"

"uhh--" Kara says moving her hand to flip back before she is stopped by Cat. 

"Wait never mind, I got it"

"aha ok"

The bell rings, the girls grab their books and head to their next class. 

"Kar! Wait up" Ruel runs up to her along with the rest of the gang. 

"What a great way to end the last day of school huh? Art my favourite" Kara says as she opens the door into the art room and takes her at the back table with the rest of her friends. 

"Yeah for you, we are not even a term in and the teacher already hates me" Madi says lowering her voice as the teacher enters. 

"Oh I wonder why!" Ivy whispers sarcastically to the group making sure that Madi doesn't hear. 

They all chuckle earning a look from Madi and immediately stop. 

"So I hope everyone remembers everything from the demonstration yesterday?" the teacher speaks up. 

The class nods

"Good, carry on with what we started yesterday" She says before taking a seat at her desk. 

Everyone grabs out their stuff and begins their work. 

"Kara? A word please" The teacher says. 

Kara stops painting and walks over to the teachers desk. The art teacher was Kara's favourite teacher ever since the first day of school they've had a special connection. 

"Now I know this is the last day for you and you won't be here for the rest of the year" Kara nods and the teacher continues "Well I can say this for all the teachers and students that we will miss you a--"

The teacher is interrupted by the class agreeing. 

"Yeah"

"Definitely"

"We will miss you Kara"

"Thanks, guys" Kara replies. 

"As I was saying, we are really proud of you. Now I hope that you've got all your schoolwork sorted?"

"Yeah" Kara grabs a seat and continues "I'll be doing online school while I'm away"

"So how long will you be away for?"

"The rest of the year" by now the whole class was listening in on their conversation. "I'll be back for Year 8, the whole Year 8. Although during the term breaks I might be away. I'm not really sure how Year 9 is going to go but we'll have to see"

"Wow! I am so so proud of you Kara and please don't forget your art, you have an amazing talent and I don't want you to lose that with all that is happening in your life"

"Of course! I could never lose that"

*After school*

Kara is in her room making sure that she has packed everything she needs for the rest of the year, which is almost everything. Their flight is tonight at 11pm. The gang was over helping Kara finish her packing. 

"How much clothing are you taking?" Ivy says from Kara's doorframe, pointing to the large suitcases next to Kara's bed which was also covered in other suitcases. 

"Oh! That is my art supplies" Kara chuckles. 

"Art supplies?" Josh asks.

"Well I am going to be gone for almost a year! I need all, ALL, my things" Kara motions for Ruel to come over to her.

"What?"

"Sit" She says pointing to her suitcase. 

Ruel sits on the suitcase and Kara zips it up. 

"Thank you, I think that is everything" Kara says grabbing one suitcase and walks out her door.

"Need help?" David asks

"Of course" 

"Ugh" Madi groans "What on earth are you taking with you?"

Everyone grabs one suitcase and follows Kara down the stairs. Once everything is in the truck, Kara turns to her friends. (A/N Idk how this works or whatever but imagine all their stuff was like transferred to their house in America and they have one suitcase each for travelling. Does that make sense?)

"I will miss you guys" Kara says her eyes glistening with tears, she promised herself she wouldn't cry but these are her friends she can't survive a day without them! How will she get through a year.

"Ugh! Don't make me cry" Ivy says running over to Kara and giving her a hug. Soon everyone else joins.

"We will miss you so much Kara" Josh says into the hug. 

"SO SO much" Madi and David says. 

Ruel stays quiet. They break apart the hug except for Ruel 

"Ruel" Kara's voice breaks and Ruel releases her slowly. 

"FaceTime everyday, promise?" He says quietly. 

"I promise" 

liked by thekara, justjosh and 574 others

tagged: @/thekara, @/poisonivy

queenmadi: will miss you K

view all 32 comments

thekara: you too!!

liked by thekara, oneruel and 987 others

tagged: @/thekara

poisonivy: so proud of this girl! and no that is not poison ivy please stop commenting that

view all 647 comments

thekara: miss you Ivy!

liked by thekara, daveit and 875 others

tagged: @/thekara, @/oneruel

justjosh: it's been a day and I already miss this weirdo 

view all 435 comments

thekara: I will take that as a compliment 

oneruel: ok who tagged me as the rubbish bin?

liked by thekara, queenmadi and 798 others

tagged: @/thekara, 

daveit: seconds before we fell. miss you kara! 

view all 109 comments

thekara: miss you too! and that was your fault, eyes on the road!

liked by thekara, justjosh and 2905 others

tagged: @/thekara,

oneruel: miss my other half :(

view all 348 comments

thekara: don't worry one day we will be whole again. 

liked by thekara, justjosh and 1254 others

tagged: @/thekara,

cocovandijk: best purchase I ever made. proud of you Kara!

view all 768 comments

thekara: love you Coco!

A/N

1574 WORDS

Hey little cheese sticks! I thought of this chapter during Math so yeah here it is. Now I promise that the next chapter will be in America. Woop! Oh yeah I did not proof read this so sorry if there are mistakes but I'm too lazy to read through it. 

Vote and comment what you think!

Pizza OUT 🍕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.3K 854 31
When April's best friend Luna dragged her to a pop-up shop to meet her favourite artist, let's just she wasn't exactly the happiest about it. But rea...
16K 180 42
this is what it's like when you're falling for your "best friend". The one person in this earth you could never develop feelings for... #tomdaya #1...
64.9K 2.1K 53
"𝘪 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘪 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘧𝘭𝘪...