CARROTS | JJK

By sugaluvies

"C-carrots??" A girl who doesn't believe hybrids are real until she sees one. I was deeply inspired by @Mochi... More

foreword//disclaimer
01: CARROTS
02: DON'T GO
ch. 4 preview

03: FIRST DAY

2.6K 128 39
By sugaluvies

🥕

[unedited]

You woke up, the sun that was once shining over your face, now gone. You could feel a shadow cast over your eyes instead of the sun, groaning at the crust lodged in the crease of your eye as you tried to open one. You succeeded, wiping away the crust before flinching deeper into the bed. The buck sat on the side of the bed, his knees on the ground, elbows plopped onto the bed next to you. He stared at you with his bunny expression again, nose lightly twitching. His eyes were wide and doe like, lips pursed together as he stared at you as if expecting something.

"Morning.." your sentence faded into an uncomfortable silence as you only stared back at him. He started a staring contest, not understanding that you wanted his name.

"G-good morning." His ears fell from his head a little, the sun now shining into your eyes again. He spoke quietly. He noticed every time the sun fell onto your face while you were sleep, you would stir slightly. Oddly, he cared for you a little bit already. Probably because you were the first person to possibly offer him a home. As soon as you sat up, he stood up too. You began your daily routine of stretching, first your back then arms, satisfied hearing the familiar cracks. You swung your legs out of bed, standing up to head to the kitchen, the bucks footsteps following after you like a baby duckling with its mother. You expected the buck to act like a feral cat or dog, keeping to itself and hissing at you with a hostile behavior. But it was the exact opposite, which completely baffled you.

"What would you like for breakfast?" You asked, opening the fridge as he looked over you into it also, but kept an appropriate distance. His face turned nervous, fingers fiddling with each other as he mumbled. "I-I don't know.." He felt disappointed that he couldn't choose what to eat. He didn't want to let you down already. Still, he was quiet.

"It's alright, I'll fix us some pancakes." You said with a knowing smile on your face. You felt the sadness in his voice. You had scanned the fridge, and indeed, there were carrots still. "Go sit at the island counter for me." You told him, whipping out the ingredients you needed to make a special breakfast. He did as told, eyes casted to the ground then table as he sat. He fiddled with his own fingers, so shy. You knew that he wasn't going to open up immediately so you would just take your time with him. You would have to find him a real owner eventually, a real place he could stay and be happy.

Finishing up, you put a sweet carrot pudding on top of his pancake and a little on yours, sprinkling white powered sugar after. He only stared at you the whole time, and for a long time. The excessive staring was kinda getting uncomfortable, but you chose not to say anything, placing his plate in front of him, his eyes now moving to the food.

He picked up the fork you provided for him to eat this, instead of chopsticks. He held them incorrectly, but you said nothing. He poked at the large fluffiness of the pancake, fascinated. You had made a Japanese pancake, the big and fluffy ones that rose tall but thick because of the egg whites. Instead of waiting for his reaction after taking a piece, you dug into the food yourself because you were hungry as hell..
It looked like he didn't like syrup, not using the bottle that stood in front of him as he ate the food as if a vacuum. All 3 pancakes on his plate. After being finished, he nibbled on his bottom lip, watching you eat the first pancake you were on. "Yknow, instead of staring you could just tell me what you want, yes?"
You said, raising an eyebrow at him as he felt slightly intimidated. A small, unintentional pout settled on his face before he spoke.

"C-can I have another one." You could barley hear his sentence. The only thing was, you couldn't make another one since you ran out of eggs and you made two for yourself. The short silence was cut off with a small thumping that seemed to come from his seat as you raised one of your pancakes to put it on his plate. You could tell it was his foot. He had a small smile on his face as he ate and you watched. You were slightly angry but soon got over it watching him enjoy the food you cooked. You had to remind yourself that he hadn't eaten in days probably.

Awkward silence remained throughout the house, soon turning into a comfortable one once you put on the television. Jungkook watched fascinated, eyes wide with amusement at the vibrant colors of people and buildings appear on the screen. Tony Stark was beginning to test his suit, flying into the air vastly and shooting things down. His bunny like teeth poked under his top lip, making you giggle silently. You wanted to tell him how cute he looked and touch his ears while you both watched the movie, but you were too flustered. Plus, you both just met. You decided to turn all of your attention towards the television fully, now watching the movie series that was playing before your eyes slowly began to drop. You felt you head rock back, then forward, before you were completely out in yet another sleep.

BIIIINGGGG! BIIIINNNNNGGG!

Your alarm woke you out of your sleep as you flinched up, eyes wide and most likely red as they stung. You squinted your eyes at your very bright phone screen, reading 5pm..

You had to be to work in about 20 minutes..

"FUCK!" You shouted, forgetting about the rabbit hybrid on the couch across from you, buried in the cushions like a true bunny. His ears flattened at the shout, groaning now as he woke up. He could only catch a glimpse of you running into your room, slamming your door, his ears flattening at the sound again. His head tilted at the door.

You had a white button up work shirt on with a tag of your name on it along with black slacks. You rushed to but on your heels, your ponytail coming unloose. You had forgotten that your night shift was today and that you'd be working as a waitress. The job was fun at times but being on your feet for about 7 hours, constantly dealing with flirtatious men and their jealous wives was exhausting. You could hear faint footsteps behind you as you threw on your coat too.

"I have to go to work tonight since tonight's my night shift, I won't be back until 12 so don't be surprised when I come late." You spoke slightly out of breath from rushing. "They have snacks in the pantry and should have some leftovers in the fridge for you to warm up if you get hungry." You announced, hand on the handle of your door.

He only stared at you, hands at his sides as he stood in the middle of the hallway. Your eyebrows scrunched in confusion before you turned away, accidentally slamming the door before sprinting towards the elevator. You had called a cab a few minutes beforehand while you were getting dressed.

You got into the yellow car, bag in your hand as you looked up at the window of your apartment. The car soon drove off..

"So.. what was the commotion about yesterday?" Your co-worker Hoseok asked, a small grin on his face as if he knew something. You looked at him with squinted eyes before letting out a sigh.

"If you already know, why ask about it asshole." You rolled your eyes, placing the white piece of paper with black scribbles on it onto the counter so the chef could get it. "It was Ji-fucking-eun. She threw my knifes and stuff out in the rain along with my bag. Nothing new." You huffed out, waiting to receive the food to give to the customers. You wanted to tell him about finally seeing a hybrid, perhaps almost owning one, but the plates were sat down quickly for you to get. You balanced two plates on one are and one on the other before quickly moving to the designated table.

Hobi knew you had more to say, but only shook it off before getting back to work himself.

By the time you were finished serving the last table, work was over. The restaurant was mostly empty, a few drunk men at the bar sipping their last sip of whatever concoction was in their cup, while the other people here were paying up and leaving. You took off your apron, rolling your shoulders back in pain. You weren't allowed to slouch at work, always having to keep a tall and strong posture even as you carried the plates. This place wasn't 5-star for no reason. It was one of the most busiest restaurants in Seoul. You scanned the area once more, not seeing your bestfriend. You went to clock out, change out of your heels, and walk home. Cabs weren't available this late and you didn't have your grandmas car. You only have it sometimes when you need to run errands for her in the city, since she lived on the outskirts of Seoul, near some country part. You had forgotten.

Walking out of the building, you turned right into a ridged chest, letting out a small squeak. Hobi only laughed before throwing his arm around your shoulder, bringing you closer to lean in.

"What else happened?" He asked excitedly, and once again you already knew that he knew.

You only sighed before you started to speak..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 927 20
|๐‰๐”๐‰๐”๐“๐’๐” ๐Š๐€๐ˆ๐’๐„๐ ๐— ๐…๐„๐Œ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘| ~โ€ข๐‰๐ฎ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฌ๐ฎ ๐Š๐š๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐งโ€ข~ ~โ€ข๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ญ๐ฌโ€ข~ ~โ€ข๐˜/๐ง ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐œ๐ก๐š...
426K 10.8K 60
Lady Florence Huntingdon, daughter of the well-known and more importantly, well-respected Earl and Countess Huntingdon is stepping into the 1813 marr...
599K 30.3K 59
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
678K 24.7K 100
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...