The curse of Red

By AuthorXandraCage

She was raised to be more human than wolf, what happens when her mate is more wolf than human? A fairy tale... More

Prologue - 'Gabriella'
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
A/N
8
9
11
12.
5 years later
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
A:n
A/N - Curse of Red
Epilogue
1
2.
3
4
5.
6
7
8.
9
10
11.
12.
13
14
15.
16
17
18
19
20
21
22.
23
24
25
26
27
The ending ... maybe

10

3K 103 3
By AuthorXandraCage

Song: Light By Sleeping at Last

I spend most of night lost in my mind as I wonder why I said 'fine' was I positively I was going to make this deal or was it going to be my own downfall to my
Freedom I desperately desire?
But nothing was reassuring me all I wanted to do was run! Run ! Run! Were the words I kept hearing over and over again.  I scoffed as I grab my phone "5:30 am."
The time haunted me with its evil laughter as it reminded me how much time I have already lost.  If I was home in my own warm comfort of my home, I would have woken Zelda up to train as I saw it as important way for her to gain control of her weaken wolf.
But my body jerk quickly up but my mind wanted to skip the day.  I wake Zelda up as she knew the drill. 'No break for the strong.'

The run was exactly what we both needed to start the day but physical combat training was what she needed to learn to save her life when I'm not around.
A small boxing ring came into view as I though was perfect to show her some kicks and if she fell the impact won't hurt much.
"Okay Zelda sometimes in smaller wolves the legs can be more powerful and stronger because smaller wolves walk twice as much to keep up with the taller wolves they build more muscle in their legs."

As I'm about to show her a kick the heavily scent of unmated arouse wolves fill the air.  I let go of deep sigh, for some odd reason I always have issue where unmated wolves get hint of pine mix of rose water make them lose their last free will.  As a child my mother said only special wolves scented of pine. Which she alway try to mask our own.   She said it reminded wolves of what they wanted but couldn't have. What ever that was supposed mean.

They started with flirty whistling as the made comments about my appearance.
I quickly turn to look at Zelda as her body was now filled with goosebumps and she shook in fear.  By now Frank and Cole would have secure us and make them pay.  But here I was and this everything I've been training for.

"Damn who are you?"
Said the overly cocky muscular man, most wolves where overly muscular but this wolf was on short side and had a leaner muscular tones, almost if swimming was more of a sport than a hobby.  A lustful smile escape this man face, as he tossed his blonde hair left and right.  I rolled my eyes as I turn to face Zelda, "oaky now the weight will go on the strongest leg as......"
I stand in position to show her as I get interpreted.
"Cant no little thing like you know how to fight."
Deep Texan voice invaded my ears as if was screaming right into my soul.  I felt as my moon crashed and my wolf took it as a challenge.

"Let's go at it, put some gloves on." I challenged him knowing I never fight with protective gear it was more for him then me.

"OKAY but if I win; you get to use that mouth of yours on something down south." He moves his fingers downwards as he grab his junk over his shorts, now he disrespected me in front of my she-pup.

"And if I win, you dress up in a dress, six-inch pumps and become my personal bitch!" I tell him with anger in my voice jt was so much being in a dress in out down but it was more to show him it wasn't right to be cat call by what we are or what we wear.  It was a walk a mile in my shoes kind of deal.

"DEAL!"

He loudly said full of confidence, as a near by wolf suits up his hands. Zelda looks at me with confusion and fear.  I lean over to her ear, "remember little one don't let someone disrespect who you are."

I turn to face him as lustful smile never leaves his boyish looks, he rips his shirt in off to show dominance and to 'try' to distract me with his body.
A tiny smirk appears on my face as he quickly storms towards me and just when he gave a 'gotacha' look I quickly move as I elbow his back exact position where his kidney was located, making him kneel from the pain.  He lets go of grunt as his arm comes quickly from floor pulling my ankle.  The hard sound of thumb echo all around us as my body impact against the mat.  My head is last to impact the ground as he is now standing above me with cocky smirk I now hate! I move my lower abs making my legs go up to air as I come down they wrap around his waist.  With my leg strength I push my upper body to his as we are now face to face.
This move turn him on more ways and everyone can sense his arousal.  With that I purposely let go of my arousal scent which I have been told by Cole to many times to count, it smelled strongly like being surrounded in pine forest.  His nose twitch as his eyes turn yellow, showing his Wolf was tempted by me.
Sure enough, he relaxes.
Just then I feel my face letting go of a smirk as he eyes switch back knowing exactly what's coming next.
My unsuited hands came bothe swinging towards his head. Left and right hands taking a turn like a drummer on his bass.
Never missing a spot a beat.  Over and over again until he starts dropping us both on the floor.   But my legs hit ground first making me quickly stand up and gain my balance.

I took steps back as if I was watching a tree crash down.  But he wasn't done oh no he need more beatings.
He regains his balance making him stand back up.  I quickly bended my knees to only jump highly in the air as my legs went directly in front of me.
With all of my strength I shoved my legs forward making completely drop.

I land hard on my back as he drops hard just like a giant. I quickly stood remembering my training as I now jump in his lap landing one punch after other on this stomach and head. He laid defeated trying to cover his face as it move left and right.           "UNCLE!"
Quickly storming away grabbing Zelda and tell her to kick in his balls in.
He begins to yell as he mentions Roman is going to kill him, sure enough, Roman saw most of it.
I was ready to get in taxi and never coming back to this disrespecting pack again.
As I held Zelda in my arms we begin to walk towards the house, I hear a loud ROAR, "She's your future LUNA! How dare you disrespect her and her daughter!"

The gesture alone gives me goosebumps even though I defeat his Beta his pride didn't overcome him and he wasn't angry with me. He still stuck up for me despite everything.

As we enter his home, Zelda and I both look at each other with hunger in our eyes as scent of bacon and eggs filled our nostrils. We quickly pace through house to the kitchen, before us was huge fest more than we'll ever seen.
Sausages, ham, bacon, eggs, and waffles. "Morning Luna." I politely say as my stomach growls out of hunger.

"Aww. Morning Gabriella and Zelda, how was your morning exercise? I can smell you met Beta Austin. Did he give you trouble?"

Zelda let go of childish giggle, I place my finger over my mouth to hush her but I was just in shock that she laughed.
"Nothing I can't handle."
I cocky say as Roman storms in full-blown rage grabbing both of my hands and kneels before me.
This scene is making my eyes pop out of my head to alpha before me showing vulnerability.

"Please excuse my men Gabriella, they did not know who you were and sexual comments that were told to you in front of your daughter will not be taken lightly."

He said each word with genuinely soft tones as if making promise was the last thing he ever do.  My body tensest up as I'm shock before the big bad wolf.
I don't know what to say until I saw Luna Kay grabbing  an cast iron pan and storming out the front door. "Zelda go upstairs and wash up, wait for me."

I demand her as I wasn't sure what she would see that can possibly traumatize her.
By the time this comment was done, Oliver most have sensed his Luna tension and runs out the door with Roman following the raging Luna.
I see the same men who stood by his beta dress in Muumuus dresses in stilettos. There was the Luna swinging the cast iron pan against each wolf.
"Didn't .your. mama .ever .teach .you .how .to. treat. ladies!!!?"
She's swing away at him over and over again.

Oliver and Roman were crying from laughter, he finally said 'uncle' once again. The little Luna storm back in the kitchen leaving him on the floor, he looks up to me and...

"Sorry Luna, A bet is bet. Please forgive me."
He genuinely speaks for first time and sudden urge to protect him wash over my body.
He held his nose as his head was now down to floor as the rest of men kneel behind him.
I didn't how to react to everything that was happening but they were a family who stuck my each other with morals and who weren't afraid to show emotions.
I didn't responded but walked way thinking abut Zelda. There it was a sweet melody leaving out bathroom, she was singing.  Something about this trip is making her shine.
We've only been here a little over a day and she's coming out of her shell.

I think she needs this more than anything. I lay on the bed while I keeping telling myself 'one more day,' when I hear a soft knock at my door; I don't say anything hoping whoever it was will go away.

"Gabriella, can I come in?"

Fuck Roman just can't leave me alone.

I open the door a little bit knowing that Zelda is in the bath with her door open.

"Are you okay?" He asks
"Am quite well."
He takes a deep breath, "I was wondering at lunchtime you would like to join me for a picnic."
My wolf is screaming YES
But I decline
"I must decline. I have work to do, I do have a company to run."
He looks down in defeat again, "Well breakfast is done, please join us downstairs."
I nod
Zelda and I walk downstairs in our usual thousand dollar apparel.
India smiles at Zelda, "Zelda! Would you like to bake cookies later?"

That's the most I've heard India speak, they both look at me for permission as I let go of small agreeable nod. "Zelda, don't forget that quick assignment it must be done by one."

She nods with an argument with a big smile on her face.
As we're eating in complete silence Luna Kay decides to apologize for the lack of her ladylike matter.

"No need to apologize, thank you for standing up in our behalf."

"Their cutting every one grass and doing chores in those dresses. I figure that a whipping was going to be too easy." Roman response

"Whipping?" I ask with confusion

Oliver warns at Roman to keep quiet with a quick look.
The man that rarely speaks does, "We do not discuss pack business in front of the children but I will mention that respect to this family comes first." He proudly states.

"So, Gabriella, where is Roman taking you?" his mother asks interrupting our talk.

I start to choke on my own juice "Taking me?"

"Well yea, I'm packing a picnic basket and the girls will be here backing with me."

I decline his offer and his mother is still had the idea that I said yes. I didn't want to disrespect the woman who has been a great host, so I guess I just agree.
"Unsure Luna."

The biggest smile escapes Roman face just in time as breakfast finish.
"Breakfast was great, I would like to help you with dishes."
"No! You and your daughter are guest in our home."
I let go of small smile and nod as we excuse yourselves.
Zelda and I get to our bedroom as we busy  with work.  We both silently sit there when I notice Zeldas legs swinging a small nervous tick when she wants to say something.
A fidgety annoying tick, "What wrong?" I ask
"I like it here."
She clearly as says as it stabs me in the heart. I wanted to is to run as soon as the contract was up but seems like she likes it here more than being with me.

"I know Zelda but Remember we're starting a new beginning."
She looks back at her computer and starts typing away completely ignoring my comment.

"Go play with India." I didn't have to mention it twice she storms out to back yard pool. I look at both girls from my window laughing and giggling. Well, I think I made my decision.

10/20

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 6.3K 24
She runs from her past, but it starts to catch up to her, when she meets someone who was meant to be her mate. But was he supposed to be her mate? Do...
334K 12.6K 45
Secrets and lies were never a part of my life. Until, that is, I met him. Then, everything changed. Or, maybe things were always messed up, and meet...
15.3K 536 30
I'm his mate... right...? but... if I am his mate... why isn't he my mate...
45.6K 1.5K 24
What happens if you found out that your boyfriend that you knew since you were kids is not your mate like you thought. What happens when you find out...