Our Last Summer

sansrivalcrown

Donna in Mamma Mia had three summer romances that changed her life forever because she had Sophie. In real l... Еще

Introduction
OLS - I
OLS - II
OLS - III
OLS - V
OLS - VI
OLS - VII
OLS - VIII
OLS - IX
OLS - X
OLS - XI
OLS - XII
OLS - XIII
OLS - XIV
OLS - XV
OLS - XVI
OLS - XVII
OLS - XVIII
OLS - XIX
OLS - XX
OLS - XXI
OLS - XXII
OLS - XXIII
OLS - XXIV
OLS - XXV
OLS - XXVI
OLS - XXVII
OLS - XXVIII
OLS - XXIX
OLS - XXX
OLS - XXXI
OLS - XXXII
OLS - XXXIII

OLS - IV

1.3K 41 62
sansrivalcrown

Pierce is almost done with his dinner while Meryl is still talking and talking while eating.

"Merl, about the wine."Pierce whispered on her ear.

"I told you to charm the lady at the bar. It's kind of dark in there, no one will notice you."Meryl whispered back.

"By the way, Christine I heard you have a project coming up for a TV show."Meryl said returning her attention to Christine and the others.

Pierce finished his food and decided to excuse himself to the bathroom. He lied.

He successfully got two bottles of wine after a few tries and he ran back to his room to keep it there. When he got back to their table, Meryl looked at him and he just winked.

"My room is the last room at the second floor of our villa. Knock three times so I'll know that it is you."Meryl whispered and Pierce nodded.

"Can you guys uhmm excuse me from Judy and Phyllida? I kind of feel off. I need rest."Meryl said to Julie and Christine.

"Yeah, sure. You want us to usher you back to your room?"Christine asked her in concern.

"No, no, I'm fine."Meryl said as she stand up.

"Okay, take care alright?We'll take care of Judy if she'll look for you."Julie said and Meryl headed straight back to her room.

Meryl immediately changed into her night dress and put on a fluffy, thick robe because she knows that Pierce is coming.

Meryl already left the place and Pierce is getting so impatient because the dinner went on and on and on. He saw Julie and Christine already talking to the dancers while Stellan and Colin is with Dominic talking to Martin, their musical director.

"Hey Pierce, you alright?"Amanda asked him.

"Yeah, you?"Pierce asked back.

"I'm great. The casts is amazing, everyone is so nice."Amanda answered with glee.

"Why don't you talk to them?"Amanda asked Pierce again because she noticed that Pierce is alone.

"I am not feeling well, maybe tomorrow, it's the start of the rehearsals and shoot anyways."Pierce answered.

"If you are not feeling well, just excuse yourself."Amanda suggested.

"No, no, I'll just finish this."Pierce replied and Amanda nodded.

"Okay but if you want to rest already, it's okay to sneak out of here."Amanda whispered and the two of them chuckled.

"I'll take note of that kiddo."Pierce replied and Amanda left him. As soon as Amanda disappered from his sight, Pierce took off, grabbed the two bottles of wine and headed straight to Meryl's room.

Pierce knocked three times as Meryl instructed and Meryl immediately opened the door.

"What took you so long?"Meryl asked as he pull Pierce inside her room before anyone can see them.

"The gathering just goes on and on."Pierce reasoned out and Meryl rolled her eyeballs.

"Open that up now."Meryl said as she prepare two glasses for them. Pierce obliged Meryl's command and Meryl squealed of excitement.

Pierce poured wine on each of their glasses and Meryl sipped on it immediately.

"Hmm this is so good."Meryl said and smelled the wine in her glass.

"Yes, it is."Pierce said and he sat on one of the sofas. Meryl sat on the bed and Pierce and her started talking about random things.

The lights in Meryl's room are dimmed and the one thing that gives the room light is the Moon.

"The Moon's beautiful isn't it?"Meryl asked all of a sudden.

"The moon is always underrated you know. People always appreciate the beauty of sunset or the sunrise but only a few notice the beauty of the moon. I always love looking at it and I always imagined that I'll be watching the moon for no reason at all with someone I love and we will just talk and talk and talk without getting tired of each other."Meryl added and Pierce looked at the moon too.

"Did you do that with Don?"Pierce asked all of a sudden.

"Unfortunately, no. He isn't that kind of guy. There are lot of times where I'll sit alone at our balcony with coffee or wine to watch the moon."Meryl answered and Pierce looked at her.

"Let's do that. After taping Meryl, I can go here and then we'll watch the moon. We'll talk about things until we decide to sleep."Pierce said and Meryl gazed at him meeting Pierce's eyes.

"Pierce, why are you doing this?"Meryl asked and Pierce became silent for a while.

"I don't know. I really don't know. All I know is I am comfortable with you and I like spending time with you."Pierce answered after a few moments.

"Did you ever did this with your wife?"Meryl asked as she sip on her wine.

"The what?"Pierce asked.

"This. Late night talks."Meryl answered and she leaned on the headboard.

"Yeah, sometimes."Pierce replied and poured wine onto his glass.

The night got deep for the two. They didn't know that it is almost 1 in the morning already. Heat is already taking over their bodies and Meryl started to fall into Pierce's words. Maybe it's the wine? She thought to herself.

"Merl, I need to go, we still have a shooting in approximately 5 hours."Pierce said and he went near Meryl.

"Alright."Meryl replied in dismay and Pierce looked at her. She is frowning and that made Pierce chuckle.

"That look Streep, it's making me stay here."Pierce said and Meryl looked at him.

"Then stay."Meryl said and Pierce sat beside her.

"I'll stay for ten more minutes."Pierce said and Meryl rested her head on Pierce's shoulder.

"Pierce?"Meryl called him softly.

"Hmmm?"He hummed in response and Meryl held his hand.

"Do you think I'm enough?"Meryl asked all of a sudden and Pierce started massaging her hand.

"I just don't think that you are enough, I am sure that you are enough, Meryl."Pierce replied and Meryl put her glass of wine on her nightstand.

"What went wrong?What went wrong with us?"Meryl asked again.

"You know what, it is for the best. Why?Because you've had enough of the cold treatment. You told me earlier that you barely see each other and he barely talks to you. It's better this way because this way, you are already free from the questions: 'Are we still gonna be okay?', 'Is he still inlove with me?'. Those questions. Meryl, free yourself now. You deserve to be happy and you need to free yourself from the questions that will forever bother you."Pierce answered and tears started rolling down Meryl's cheek.

She became silent and Pierce noticed that. He touched Meryl's face and he felt liquid streaming down her face.

"Hey, stop crying."Pierce whispered and he started wiping her tears.

Meryl looked at him and Pierce cupped her face.

"Smile now, you are more beautiful when you are smiling."Pierce said softly and Meryl's lips started to curl up slowly. She somehow felt relieved hearing words from Pierce. She felt safe.

"Thank you."Meryl uttered and Pierce smiled.

"You're always welcome."Pierce replied and Meryl suddenly kissed him. He was shocked but responded after a second or two.

He hugged Meryl and he helped her lie on the bed slowly with him on top of her.

"Stay with me, please."Meryl whispered in between their kisses and Pierce started caressing Meryl's face with his free hand.

"I will."Pierce replied and Meryl pulled back. Their foreheads met and Meryl closed her eyes.

"Stay."Meryl whispered again and Pierce lied beside her. He let Meryl lie on his arm and Meryl buried her face on his chest. Pierce started stroking her hair gently as Meryl fall into her deep slumber.

Pierce started thinking about their kiss and he never felt that way before. He never felt that love and passion in Meryl's kiss before. She is different. Pierce thought. Pierce kissed Meryl's crown and decided to fall asleep for they still have a scheduled taping in a few hours.

Meryl woke up with the ray of sunshine and she found herself hugging Pierce. She slowly sat and looked at Pierce who's peacefully sleeping. The view of him made her smile somehow. She is not sure about her feelings right now but all she knows is that Pierce is helping her redeem herself and Pierce is making her smile.

Meryl looked at the time and thankfully, they are not yet late. She only had four hours of sleep but she's glad that she woke up early because she doesn't want to be late on the first day. Meryl decided to take a shower leaving Pierce for she don't want to wake him up.

Pierce woke up by the sunlight that's hitting his face and Meryl's not beside him anymore. He stretched and slowly sat while rubbing his eyes. Pierce suddenly heard someone singing and he is sure that it is Meryl from the shower. After a few moments, Meryl arrived with robe on and her hair up with a towel.

"Hey, good morning."Meryl greeted him with glee.

"Good morning."Pierce replied and he smiled.

"Are you gonna go to your room now?"Meryl asked as she sit on the bed and started applying lotion on her body.

"Yes, I'm gonna take a shower and we'll grab breakfast."Pierce said and Meryl nodded.

"Okay, that sounds good."Meryl replied and Pierce went near her.

"I'll see you later, okay?"Pierce said soflty and Meryl looked at him.

"Yeah."Meryl answered and Pierce gave her a smack kiss before leaving. Meryl touched her lips and her smile grew wider.

Pierce slowly went out of Meryl's room and Christine and Julie are in the hallway.

"Good morning."He greeted the two and the two are in awe.

"Good morning."The two replied back in chorus.

"Did you sleep in Meryl's room?"Julie asked and Pierce started to get tensed.

"No, no, I just went to her room to give her back her shawl."Pierce reasoned out.

"Alright, breakfast downstairs in 10 minutes said Judy because after breakfast, we'll go to the small island already."Christine informed him and he nodded.

"Thank you."Pierce replied and he ran to his room immediately.

After a few moments, Meryl went downstairs and she saw Amanda and Dominic.

"Hey, lovelies. Good morning."Meryl greeted them and she kissed their cheeks.

"Good morning."The two replied back.

"By the way, Christine and Julie are looking for you."Dominic said and Meryl nodded.

"Thanks."Meryl said and rushed to the table where Julie and Christine is.

"Here's your breakfast."Christine said immediately and handed Meryl her plate.

Meryl started eating and she noticed something about the two. They kept glancing on her.

"What?"Meryl asked in confusion.

"Did Pierce sleep in your room?We saw him earlier and he is from your flat."Julie uttered and Meryl held onto her untensils tighter.

"He didn't sleep in my room. He just came to tell me about the schedule for today."Meryl reasoned and the two's eyebrows went up because Meryl's reason didn't match Pierce's.

"How is he in bed?"Christine asked all of a sudden and Meryl choked on her food.

"What?!"Meryl asked in disbelief after she drank her water.

"For God's sake Meryl, he slept in your room, don't deny it."Christine exclaimed.

"We didn't have sex,"Meryl started.

"Then what did you do?"Julie asked.

"We just uhmmm...We drank and uhmm uhmm we...we..."Meryl said stuttering.

"What, Meryl?"The two asked in chorus.

"We kissed and we slept."Meryl answered softly so that no one will hear.

"You kissed?!"Julie asked almost a shout and Meryl covered her mouth.

"Yes, we kissed but don't be too loud."Meryl whispered with gritted teeth and Julie nodded.

"So what is it like?"Christine asked and Meryl smiled.

"He is a good kisser."Meryl whispered and the three of them squealed and laughed.

"So what's your status right now?"Christine asked again and Meryl suddenly saw Pierce walking in the place. Pierce looked at her and he winked at her.

"I don't know. My feelings right now are all over the place but he is not my rebound."Meryl answered.

"You know what, we'll leave you alone for that."Christine uttered and Meryl smiled at her.

"But you derserve all the happiness in the world and we want what's best for you."Julie added and Meryl's heart melted.

After the breakfast, the Dynamos headed to the little island where they rehearsed some of the scenes. Meryl didn't spot Pierce for almost the whole day but she understood that because Pierce have separate scenes and she knows that almost all her scenes with Pierce will be shot in London and she also knows that the productions priority scenes are with Sophie on the island and of course, The Winner Takes it All.

After a long day of dancing and singing, Meryl headed back to her room and started to rest up for another day. She suddenly heard a knock on the door that made her stand up from the bed. Meryl opened the door and it's Pierce.

"Oh, hi."Meryl greeted him with glee and she hugged him.

"I haven't seen you since breakfast."Meryl said as the two of them enter her room, shutting the door.

"Me too and I missed you."Pierce said and Meryl chuckled.

"Did you bring wine?"Meryl asked and Pierce's eyes went round.

"I'm sorry, I didn't."Pierce answered and Meryl laughed at Pierce's reaction.

"It's fine, strictly no drinking tonight."Meryl said and Pierce sighed in relief.

"Wanna go walking by the beach?"Pierce asked all of a sudden.

"Pierce it's dark already."Meryl said and Pierce chuckled.

"It's gonna be relaxing, I promise."Pierce replied and he held Meryl's hand.

"Fine, fine, let's unusually walk by the beach at 9 o'clock in the evening."Meryl said with a little sarcasm and they headed off to the beach.

"Look at the moon."Pierce whispered to Meryl and Meryl obliged.

"It really is beautiful."Meryl whispered and she smiled.

"Meryl, I know we just met yesterday and we hung out last night but what are we?"Pierce asked without looking at Meryl and she looked at him.

"I don't know Pierce. Right now, my feelings are still all-over the place but I am happy that you give me the best advice and I feel safe when I'm with you."Meryl explained and Pierce looked at her.

"Can I court you Meryl?"Pierce asked and Meryl is in awe.

"Wh-what?"Meryl asked him stuttering.

"Meryl, I want to court you. I like you. I like you so much."Pierce answered and Meryl is speechless.

"Why me?"Meryl had the guts to ask after a few moments of silence.

"Because you are different. I have never felt this way before, not even with Keely."Pierce answered and Meryl heaved a deep sigh.

"I won't be seeing you again tomorrow. It's my off tomorrow because you'll be shooting all the boat scenes tomorrow with Colin and Stellan and even Amanda."Meryl said drifting from the topic.

"Let's have dinner tomorrow night. I'll find a restaurant at the mainland and we'll go out. If it is okay with you."Pierce said all of a sudden and Meryl smiled but Pierce can't see it.

"Sure. Let's go have dinner. I'll be sleeping all-day tomorrow."Meryl replied and she chuckled.

"Let's go back to your room now, it's getting cold."Pierce said softly and held onto Meryl's hand.

"Yeah, and I'm kind of sleepy."Meryl said as she went closer to Pierce to feel his body heat.

The two headed to Meryl's room and she immediately lied on her bed.

"What did you do today?"Pierce asked her softly as he sit beside her.

"Dancing and dancing. Almost all my scenes will be taped in London so the thing that I'll be doing here in the next days will be rehearsing the dance numbers."Meryl said tiredly and Pierce started stroking her hair.

"Why don't you change your clothes already so you can sleep and get some rest?I'll be here waiting."Pierce uttered and Meryl slowly stood up.

"You are gonna wait for me?"Meryl asked almost a whisper and Pierce put a hand on her cheek.

"I will."Pierce assured her and she smiled sweetly at him before she walked to her bathroom.

Pierce waited for her, leaning on her bed's headboard listening to sound that's echoing from the bathroom and that's the running water from the shower. He can also hear Meryl humming random tunes but mostly Abba.

As Pierce wait for Meryl, he is starting to think if he just like Meryl or if he already fell in love with her the first time he met her. They just know each other for more than a day and yet he likes to see her all the time. They've been away from each other for more than 8hours and yet, he misses her so much that his long, tiring day brightened when he saw her. His time with her the night before made him realize that he likes everything about her. The way she talks about herself made Pierce like her more. Her smile, her laugh, her kindness, her bubbliness, her concern to everybody. He is in love with Meryl Streep.

Meryl walked out of the bathroom wearing her pyjamas with her hair up with a towel when she saw Pierce staring at the bed or who-knows-where and she thinks that he is either in a deep thought or just spacing out.

"What are you thinking of mr. Bond?"Meryl asked Pierce and that made him snap out of his thoughts.

"Just something."Pierce simply answered as he look at her and he is mesmerized by her natural beauty. Her hypnotizing eyes, perfect nose and her pink, kissable lips.

"What something?Are you willing to share it?"Meryl asked as she remove the towel on her head and started to dry off her hair.

"I want to but it's boring."Pierce answered for he is not yet ready to confess to Meryl the he is in love with her.

"I'm a good listener too, Pierce."Meryl replied and rolled her eyeballs at him. Pierce heaved a deep sigh and he decided to just tell her.

"I...I...I..."Pierce started and he started fidgeting his fingers.

"You what?"Meryl asked, impatient.

"I...I think...I....uhmmm..."Pierce started again trying to get his shit together.

"Just say it Pierce!"Meryl yelled as she is getting annoyed at Pierce's actions. Droplets of sweat are already visible at Pierce's forehead and his hands are beggining to get wet too just because of the uneasiness he is feeling.

"I think I'm in love."Pierce uttered straight and Meryl stopped what she is doing and looked at Pierce in shock.

"With uhmmm..."Meryl started and cleared her throat.

"With who?"Meryl asked and Pierce looked straight into her eyes.

"With you."Pierce uttered softly and Meryl looked away immediately.

"That's why I wanted to court you Meryl. I know you are not yet healed from the divorce you had but I am not going to rush you. I want to take it slow until you are ready. And if you reject me, I'll still be here with you to listen to you, to care for you and to love you."Pierce said and Pierce slowly went near her.

"Meryl, please say something."Pierce said and he lifted her chin to see her face.

"Pierce, I like you but--"Meryl whispered and Pierce hushed her with his index finger.

"You don't need to explain it. I understand if your feelings for me are still uncertain. I promise you, I will wait."Pierce whispered and Meryl hugged him.

"Thank you."Meryl said against his chest but he understood it.

"No, thank you."Pierce replied and he kissed Meryl's forehead.

"You may not be officially mine yet but I will be here to help you heal your broken heart and I am happy just to have you here in my arms, close to me."Pierce said and Meryl looked up to him.

"Can you stay until I fall asleep?"Meryl asked him softly.

"I can stay as long as you want."Pierce and Meryl smiled.

"Okay, off to bed ms. Streep."Pierce said and the two of them settled on Meryl's bed. Meryl lied on Pierce's arms and she hugged him as he start to gently stroke her hair.

"I feel safe with you."Meryl said softly as she close her eyes.

"I'll keep you safe."Pierce whispered and the two of them drifted off to sleep.

Pierce woke up earlier than Meryl and she is not in his arms anymore. She is already at the edge of the bed, hugging a pillow. Pierce slowly stood up for he still needs to get ready for work. He fixed Meryl's hair that's covering her face and the view of her sleeping made him smile. Pierce stared at her for a while and he kissed her forehead that made her stir. She lazily opened her eyes and saw Pierce.

"Morning."She greeted sleepily.

"Good morning, beautiful. Go back to sleep, sorry I woke you up."Pierce replied as he gently caress her face.

"You are going already?"Meryl asked him.

"Yes, but I'll see you tonight. Our dinner remember?"Pierce reminded her and she nodded.

"Okay, see you tonight."Meryl uttered and she closed her eyes again that made Pierce chortle.

Pierce bade his goodbye one last time before leaving Meryl with a kiss on her forehead and her cheek. He headed straight to his room and he thanked God that no one caught him this time. He prepared for work and headed straight to their set with a good mood thinking that no one can ruin his day.

"Hey, Pierce!"Stellan called him and Pierce went straight to him.

"Hey man."Pierce greeted with a huge smile plastered on his face.

"Looks like you are having a great morning."Stellan uttered as he noticed that his friend is really in a good mood.

"Yes, I am."Pierce replied and crossed his arms.

Meryl stayed in bed for a couple more hours until someone started banging her door.

"Meryl Streep!!!"A voice roared from the other side of the door and that made Meryl groan. She knows that voice very well. Meryl jumped off her bed and she opened her door, frowning.

"C'mon let's go to a SPA for massage thingy."Julie said immediately.

"I wanna sleep."Meryl uttered and Julie went in her room.

"No, no, you are going with us."Julie said and she pushed Meryl to her bathroom.

"Fine, I'm gonna be out in 30 minutes."Meryl said and shut her bathroom door.

The dynamos are now in a SPA getting their mani and pedi and the two are interrogating Meryl because Meryl just told them that Pierce is courting her.

"So what now?Do you love him too?"Julie asked and Meryl rolled her eyeballs.

"No, I just like him. I like him so much but I don't love him yet."Meryl answered.

"Yet?So there's a chance?"Christine asked and Meryl looked at her.

"Yes. Maybe."Meryl answered and shrugged her shoulders.

"God, Meryl made up your mind."Christine exclaimed.

"Don't rush me, I just got a divorce for God's sake."Meryl replied and Christine did a facepalm.

"Christine, just let her be undecisive for now. She'll figure that out after kissing Pierce repeatedly."Julie said and she laughed with Christine.

"I just hate you guys."Meryl uttered.

"But seriously Meryl, what do you feel when you are with him?"Christine said softly.

"I...I feel safe. I feel like I'm home when I'm with him. For a long time, I haven't felt home you know what I mean?"Meryl asked and gazed at Christine and Christine just nodded.

"When I'm with him, I am so comfortable just telling him everything. The feeling that he is my best friend who listens to me all the time and he is not getting tired of it."Meryl continued and she smiled as she narrated it.

"Meryl, I think you are home. You are finally home but something inside you is telling you that you just like him because you just had a divorce and it is telling you that you still love Don and that you are not suppose to open your heart to somebody else."Julie said and Meryl looked at her.

"But I still do love Don."Meryl replied.

"Do you still love him the way you love him before?"Julie asked and Meryl shook her head.

"I am slowly letting go of my love for him."Meryl answered and Julie snapped her fingers.

"That's it. That is it Meryl. You are slowly letting go of your love for him because you are slowly giving your love to somebody else and that is Pierce."Julie said and Meryl just kept mum.

"You know what's restraining you in admiting your feelings for Pierce?Your questions."Christine said all of a sudden and Meryl became reflective.

"Merl, Don ended your marriage already and still, you have that little hope in your heart that he still loves you and he will change his mind about the divorce. Meryl, if he really still wanted to be with you, he will start fixing your marriage instead of getting a divorce."Christine added and Meryl closed her eyes, absorbing every single word that Christine and Julie are saying.

"Meryl, let eveything go. Give yourself time to be happy. You deserve all the happiness in the world and if Pierce wanted to make you happy in every way that he can, don't stop him and most importantly, don't stop yourself from becoming happy. He is already there Meryl and you two are not doing anything wrong. Think of it, Meryl. It's time for you to unload your heavy heart."Julie said and Meryl smiled at them. That are the words that she needed. Finally, they made her realize that she's been holding back so much that she even deny her own happiness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A long chapter and I hope it's not boring. More PeRyl moments next chapter!!!

I apologize if ever I missed some grammar errors and typos.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

The CEO's Trio ✔ Feyi Mae x

Любовные романы

4.4M 154K 50
*BEING RE-WRITTEN* "I never once told you I broke the engagement," his words were harsh and spoken in a cold voice but his hand that was running up a...
6.2K 189 6
Twenty one years after Donna Sheridan and Sam Carmichale face each other again... in a very intimate way. Can Donna trust him again?(Story from fanfi...
13.1K 205 43
a conrad fisher story „My heart is completely devoted to you, Millie. You're everything I want, everything I need." ...
141K 2.9K 38
It started in Paris, with a movie star, a girl, rum and a pack of cards. Life tries to pull them apart and yet the keep returning back to each other...