Fire and steel- Male reader x...

By Darakoi

Having just arrived to beacon and reunited with an old friend, You set out on you're journey to become a hunt... More

Chapter 2- Emerald Forest
Chapter 3- Initiation begins
Chapter 4- Team
Chapter 5- Shadow
Character information
Chapter 6- Grey and White
Chapter 7- A day in town
Chapter 8- Forever fall
Chapter 9- The stray
Chapter 10- Black and white
Epilogue- A calm night

Chapter 1- start of a new life

3.6K 45 5
By Darakoi

A/N: sorry for any grammar mistakes. any criticism is welcome. hope you enjoy my first attempt at a story

Y/N: Your name.

F/N: First name.

L/N: Last name.

Your name is F/N L/N. you  recently got accepted into beacon, You always dreamt of becoming a hunter ever since you were little. You studied at Signal academy and were quite high up when it came to your grades, hoping to one day go to Beacon

here you are... on a airship towards your dream school. You had your weapon "Old-faithful" next to you leaned against the wall in its sheath, your weapon was a two handed great sword that could transform into a double barreled shotgun by twisting the handle.

You glance around the ship at all the other students talking about how excited they were, when you notice a fox faunus talk to the person next to them then walk over to you with a smile.

???: "Y/N? what are you doing here?" 

you look at the fox faunus and smile while laughing awkwardly.

Y/N: "Nice to see you too Sapphie. I thought you said you were going to Vacuo with your parents to study there.

The faunus whose name is sapphire is an old childhood friend of yours, you used to always talk about your dreams of becoming a hunter with her back home. Her parents were always there to support and help you when you were little since you grew up most of your life by yourself.

Sapphire: "Change of plans, i chose to go to Beacon instead since it's much closer to home. meaning we don't have to move all the way across the land just to go to one school."

You smile at Sapphire while lightly ruffling her hair.

Y/N: "Well i'm glad you did, hopefully this means we get to study together. Maybe even be on the same team."

Sapphire nods excitedly while you smile at her, glad to have her by your side for this new start. you hear the intercom announce that the ship is about to arrive at Beacon.

Y/N: "Well, seems like our new lives are about to start"

the door opens slowly and people start walking out of the ship, you notice a blonde boy rush past the crowd over to a trash can and start throwing up. Stepping out into the courtyard you and Sapphire stare around in awe at how this place is much more beautiful then you imagined.

Sapphire: "Wow... i didn't imagine it to be so... peaceful here" 

you two break away from the crowd and start walking around the place, admiring the beauty of this place.

Time skip brought to you by chibi Y/N walking around exploring with chibi Sapphire following along.

After walking around the courtyard you notice a girl in a black and red dress walking next to the blonde guy from before seeming to be a bit lost.

Girl in black and red dress: "Excuse me, do you two know where the entrance ceremony is?" 

Y/N: "Its should be over this way"

 You point down the courtyard.

Sapphire: "We can walk over there together if you two want" 

Blonde guy: "Thanks, that would be a huge help... i told you it must be this way" 

The blonde guy looks at the girl in the black and red dress as she pouts at him.

 Jaune: "Well, the name's Jaune Arc! Short, sweet, rolls off the tongue - ladies love it!" 

Sapphire & Ruby: "Do they?" 

Jaune: "They will! Well, I-I hope they will. My mom always says that... Never mind." 

Jaune stops himself as you three softly chuckle. you hold out your hand smiling.

Y/N: "The name is Y/N, this is Sapphire" 

Jaune shakes your hand, Sapphire waving softly as your attention then goes to the black and red dressed girl.

Ruby: "I'm Ruby, Ruby Rose!" 

Ruby gives you a friendly smile before her eyes glace over at your weapon before looking back at you in excitement 

Ruby: "Is that your Weapon?, can i see it?" 

Y/N: "Huh?, oh sure i don't mind" 

You hold out your sheath and press a button on the top, the sheath unfolds making Old-faithful drop towards the ground. You catch it in the air and hold up the big sword with one hand. Having such a heavy and big weapon meant you had to train your body and strength just to even swing it. Everyone stares at your weapon in amazement at how your able to hold such a heavy weapon with ease. 

Ruby: "Wow its so cool!" 

Ruby goes around you, looking at the blade "A two handed sword!, can it transform!?"

 Y/N: "you bet it can!"

Moving a bit away to get some space, you grip onto the handle tightly and give it the bottom a quick and hard twist as it makes a click sound.  The blade splits in the middle and folds into two cylinders, the handle curving slights as you hold the weapon out. 

Y/N: It transforms into a double barreled shotgun when i twist the handle, though i always have to keep a pack of normal shells and dust infused ones on me at all time." 

You show the ammo pouch on your hip that's packed full of shells

Y/N: "They are easy to get your hands on but since i can only use two bullets at a time its a pain to reload."

You twist the handle once more making it transform back into its sword form. 

Sapphire: "alright everyone, we should probably hurry before we miss the ceremony"

We all nod and start running to the entrance ceremony.

Walking in you and sapphire split off from Jaune and Ruby after saying your goodbyes.

Sapphire: "Looks like its just the two of us now" 

You both chuckle then bring your attention to the stage as Professor Ozpin is about to talk.

Time skip brought to you by chibi Ozpin making his speech.

Later that night

As everyone is setting up their sleeping bags in the main hall you sit on yours polishing your blade. Sapphire had split off and went over to her friends, sitting a bit from you talking and checking out all the shirtless boys. you place Old-faithful back in its sheath and get up heading towards one of the door to the courtyard.

???: "Y/N!". 

you hear someone yell out your name and look over seeing ruby sitting with the blonde haired girl from before. 

Y/N: "hey ruby, whats up?" 

you walking over towards them while smiling. 

???: "who's this ruby? already got a boyfriend huh?" 

the blonde girl grins at Ruby who throws her pillow in her face making her laugh.

Ruby: "Shut up yang! He's my friend" 

she starts blushing a bit then bring her attention back to you as you sit down in front both of them chuckling 

Ruby: "I wanted to say thanks for helping me and Jaune get to the Entrance ceremony".

 Y/N: "No need for thanks Ruby, just happy to help" 

you glance over and notice the blonde girl named Yang, checking your body 

Yang: "So your Y/N huh? Ruby told me about you, but i didn't expect you to look like this hot stuff" 

She winks at you as ruby blushes hitting her arm softly

Yang: "The names Yang, Yang Xiao Long. I'm ruby's older sister"

 Yang holds out her hand and you shake it softly. 

Y/N: "A pleasure meeting you good looking" 

you wink back and chuckle softly 

Y/N: "You two don't look like sisters" 

Ruby: "Same father, Different mothers" 

 Y/N: "Gotcha, well i would love to sit around and talk more but i need to get some fresh air, good night you two"

You wave at them as you start walking away. They wave back as you open the door walking out to the courtyard. You take a deep breath enjoying the cool night air then get down starting to do some training.

 Y/N: "Need to get some training in before bed, been sitting around the past two days doing nothing"

You train in the courtyard for a few minutes then walk back in heading back to your sleeping bag in the nearly complete darkness. Falling asleep in the surprisingly quiet room filled with people.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 111 13
After the events of the fall of Beacon, Y/n has seemed to give up on his dream of being a Huntsmen. But no matter what he does, the memories of the B...
12.2K 178 8
After Remnant was shaken up, they found themselves searching for something. With friends fallen and family killed, (y/n) and Winter wanted to find wh...
83.1K 1K 12
It's been several months since you first arrived at Beacon. Abandoning the ways of Sun Zhang in favor of your teammates, you've managed to make many...
58.4K 830 47
You are Y/N Xiao Long, the brother of Yang Xiao Long. His mother was also Raven. Also Yang and Y/N are non-identical twins. So what happens when Y/N...