Renae Dreams 2

By _jasthewriter

dé·jà vu / déjà vu noun: a feeling of having already experienced the present situation. Also known as a tedio... More

1.) Same love
2.) Haters link up
3.) Where it started
4.) Reports & Repercussions
5.) When in Greece
6.) Heartfelt Confessions
7.) His reason to breathe
8.) Promise
9.) Say What?
10.) Touch down
11.) February 2nd
12.) Drunken Mind
13.) Rocky
14.)
15.) Making it right
16.) Friend?
17.)
18.)
19.)
20.)
21.)
22.)
23.)
24.)
25.)
26.)
27.)
28.)
29.)
30.)
31.)
32.)
33.)
34.)
35.)
36
37.)
38.)
39.)
40.)
41.)
42.)
43.)
44.)
45.)
46.)
47.)
48.)
49.)
50.)
51.)
52.)
53.)
54.)
55.)
56.)
57.)
58.)
59.)
60.)
61.)
62.)
63.)
64.)
65.)
66.)
67.)
68.)
69.)
70.)
71.)
72.)
73.)
74.)
75.)
76.)
77.)
78.)
79.)
80.)
81.)
82.)
83.)
84.)
86.) The Reception
87.) The End To The Beginning

85.) The Wedding

3.6K 150 230
By _jasthewriter

Songs to listen to during this chapter:
Ben E. x Stand By Me• Percy Sledge x When A Man Love A Woman • Ray LaMontagne x You Are the Best Thing • Wale feat. Usher x The Matrimony • Jon B. x They Don't Know• Babyface, Mariah Carey, Kenny G and Sheila E. x Every Time I Close My Eyes • Adele x Make You Feel My Love • Brian McKnight x Back At One • Avant feat. KeKe Wyatt x My First Love

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       It was 8:30, May 17th, also the morning of the wedding. Ayanna threw a bachelorette party for Renae last night and Dajon did the same for King. There were no strippers involved but Renae and Kingston did manage to sneak away from their own party by 2 a.m. and had a show of their own.

     Renae received a lot of jewels, lingerie, sex toys; from Ayanna, a silk robes, Japanese robes and a few laced robes, makeup, body oils, body sprays, facials products, and more gifts from the rest of the ladies. King received a lot of gifts as well, including watches, new chains, new earrings, a few gold plated herringbone chains, cologne, body wash, a few pair of sneakers and a few tracksuits and gift cards.

       Ayanna was running doing her roundabouts making sure her crew was up on game and doing what they were supposed to be doing, the Baker was in the back putting the finishing layers on the wedding cake then would move on to the cupcakes, the chefs were getting started on the food, the hotel staff had some of their employees making the drinks, setting the tables, hanging up the decorations that needed to be hung, working on the banners and making sure there would be lots of room in the reception hall for everyone to dance and enjoy themselves.

       The ceremony begins at 4:30, it may have seemed like a long time to wait, but there were a lot of heads and faces to do and Renae also wanted to change her nails.

      "We have five hours to finish ladies, we need to move, once your hair is done beat your feet!" Austin, the hairstylist announced after checking the time.

       "Where is Renae?" One of the makeup artists asked.

      Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked around the room.

       "She was in here a few minutes ago," Eve said.

       "Somebody better find her, I told y'all I was gonna take longer on her hair," Austin sighed.

       "Pipe it down, you already been paid playa," Mama Karen and Tamia spoke in unison causing the rest of the ladies including the twins to laugh.

       "I'm just saying, I need her in my chair by twelve," Austin clarified.

       "I'll go search for her," Ayanna huffed, she was already nervous about things taking a turn for the worse and she hadn't even got a chance to get her nails, hair or face started on yet.

       "No, I'll go, you still gotta get your hands and feet worked on," Mama Karen said then pointed to the chair.

       The room was filled with a total of 4 makeup artist, 4 hairstylists, and 3 nail techs, but for some reason, everyone kept going to Austin for hair which was making them pressed for time. Mrs. Capri was already showered and dressed and was sitting on the bed adding finishing touches to the other dresses for the ladies to make sure things went perfectly.

       Just as Mama Karen stepped out into the hall, she bumped right into King. "Lord... you almost scared me,"

       "Un-uh, what you think you're doing?" She asked when he tried to walk inside the room.

       Smirking, King pulled at his freshly trimmed goatee before replying, "I just wanna talk to her right quick,"

      "Bad luck, now shoo," she replied turning him around.

      She wanted to tell him they seemed to have lost his soon to be wife, but she opted out of creating any chaos.

      "Well can I talk to my girls? I'm sure y'all got them dressed?"

      "Actually they get dressed at tha' same time as Z-bug," She informed.

      King turned towards her and studied her briefly then sighed looking down at the present he wanted to give to Renae personally.

      "I can give it to her son,"

      "It won't be tha' same," he stated before placing a kiss on her cheek and walked down the hall.

      Mama Karen frowned watching him until he disappeared in the room before she took off in the opposite direction to find Renae...

      "I knew I would find you here," Bryson smiled at Renae as she stood on the balcony staring up at the sky enjoying the breeze.

       "Got cold feet already?" He asked standing next to her.

       Smiling softly, Renae shook her head then inhaled slowly and held her breath for a moment before releasing.

       "It's crazy ya' know? I actually wish she was here,"

       "Your mom?" He asked and she nodded still staring up at the clear sky.

       "She's been coming to me in my dreams lately...apologizing... I'm not sure if it's real or if I'm just like conjuring it up, but she actually tells me she's proud of me and how much she adores the girls... I haven't told anyone, not even King, but I miss her more than ever, I wish she was here,"

       Bryson rested his hands on the rail and took a few slow breaths before staring up at the sky as well.

       "Despite all that she's done, I wish the girls could have met her ya' know? Like I wish they could've seen a side of her that I never got to, I'm sure she would've loved them, and even though she betrayed you so many times, it would've been nice to have both parents here," she went on and Bryson continued to listen.

       "I actually feel guilty for wanting her here, isn't that crazy?" She chuckled, but the light didn't reach her eyes.

Bryson shook his head.

       There was a part of him that wished Egypt could've gotten her shit together and actually be there instead of dead with her no-good ex.

       "She's supposed to be here! I need her here!" She cried hitting the rail.

       "You don't need her here Zuri, she made her bed and no—"

       "I know that! She's a fucked up person but I forgave her, she's my mom... I just wanted her to see me," she croaked.

       Bryson pulled her into a tight embrace as he tried his best to harden his face to keep his emotions together. He'd be lying if he said he missed or wanted Egypt back, he spent years carrying her baggage on his back along with his own and he always put her troubles first, he hated that even after all the pain she caused the family, Renae in particular still wanted her there on her big day.

       She didn't deserve to see Renae off on her big day, those were his exact thoughts and feelings, she wreaked so much havoc in their lives, she could burn in hell for all he cared, he just hated that today was supposed to be a good day and Renae was here crying wanting her dead mother back, that didn't sit right with him but those were her feelings and she was entitled to them.

        "I miss her Daddy," she cried gripping the back of his shirt tightly causing him to hug tighter.

       "I know you do baby girl, I know," he mumbled rubbing her back as she cried harder.

       He wasn't sure what to do or say, anything that left his mouth would be lies and he was already keeping one of the biggest secrets from her, he refused to lie to her any further so he did the only thing he could; comfort her.

       "Zuri...girl I been loo—" Mama Karen paused her sentence when she noticed Renae crying and Bryson misty-eyed.

       "Uh oh... please tell me no cold feet,"

       Bryson laughed wiping at Renae tears. "No cold feet crazy,"

       "What's going on?" She asked grabbing Renae's hands.

       "Just having a moment, I'll be ok," Renae assured wiping her eyes then looked at Bryson and smiled.

       "Do you need more time?"

       "No, no, no, I'm ok now, what's wrong?" Renae asked.

       "First, Kingston is looking for you? And second, Austin is being grouchy," she answered and Bryson laughed, from the short conversation he had with Evan, he could tell he was all about his money and hated to waste time.

       "They aren't allowed to see each other," Bryson chuckled.

       "I'm an OG to this Bry, I already told him dat," Mama Karen smirked and Renae giggled.

       "Well, let's get going,"

***

       It was 2:45, all of the ladies except for Renae, Ayanna and the twins were ready. Renae's hair was still being worked on but she was indecisive about how she wanted her face, she wanted to wear makeup but then again she didn't, her nails were done and she was in her dress, but Austin was growing frustrated with her because he needed to get a clear understanding of how she wanted her face so he can bring the entire look together with her hair.

      "Look, I adore you and I understand weddings are stressful and time-consuming but if you change your mind about your makeup and those heels again, we are going to throw down," Austin advised in the most amusing way possible.

       "It's her first wedding, slow your roll," Eve interjected.

       Austin went to respond but there was a knock at the door causing everyone to fall silent. 

       Tamia went to open the door and smirked seeing Kingston standing there with a blindfold on as Dajon stood behind him.

       "Mama K asked for him," he whispered.

       "Ladies, and babies and Austin let's clear tha' room for a moment," Mama Karen announced picking up the twins and ushered everyone out after Eve placed a mask over Renae's eyes.

       "Why are you nervous ma?" King asked wrapping his arms around Renae once Dajon helped him over to her.

       "I don't know what to do about my face... I don't know if you want me in makeup makeup or something natural or nothing at all," she whined.

       Placing a kiss on her neck, King sat her present on the dresser then slid his hand inside her robe and into her panties.

       "Wha—what are you doing?" She stammered.

       "You're tensed baybeh," he replied moving his finger inside her slowly.

       "Because I... I want to be perfect for you," She whimpered.

        "You already are," he assured her as he removed his finger and lifted her out of the chair and carefully walked towards the bed using the little space he could to see.

        "King wait... this is bad luck," she worried when he opened her robe and removed her panties.

       "Shhhh," he blew on her pearl before sticking his tongue right inside her.

         Renae gripped his tight curls that he was certain he would have to get his Barber to touch back up.

       He knew she was stressed and understood why, he also heard about her small breakdown and wanted to nothing but bring her some peace, if that meant laying between her legs and giving her a sample of what was to come tonight then so be it, whatever made her happy made him happy.

       That's how it was supposed to be...

       "Fifteen minutes people!" Austin shouted as he rushed down the hall to take his seat outside with the rest of the guests that were actually on time.

       "He's acting more like the damn host than we are," Ayanna laughed touching up Renae's hair.

       "Are you nervous?" Tamia asked Renae.

       With her lips balled, Renae nodded quickly afraid that if she spoke she would burst out into tears.

       She was already an emotional wreck when King left the room giving her an opportunity to open his gift, it was a lease and keys for a dance studio that he had bought for her, paid in cash and already had Ayanna interior designers working on it.

       He was gonna wait until after they got back, but he couldn't and was glad that he didn't, he knew she missed dancing and now she owned the building and could go there with the twins or alone whenever she wanted, the studio was only a 6 minute drive from their area but a fifteen-minute walk.

       She couldn't even get through the full note he had written for her in perfect cursive, she had to stop just to cry and by the time she made it to half of the note she was a complete, thankful mess.

       He never ceased to amaze her, instead, always surprised her and kept her more and more in love with him, she had special plans for him tonight and was even more excited for it.

"Show time," Evan smirked once Mama Karen's Pastor headed out.

King and Mama Karen stood behind the golden double doors waiting on his cue to go.

Kingston was dressed down in a very expensive two-toned tuxedo, the jacket and the dress pants were a coal-black color, his vest was a pearl pink color with the same color pocket square to match, on his feet he wore all black Louis Vuitton Upper Case Loafers that had a gold chain with the LV symbol on it that was hooked to the upper. He sported a single Rolex on on his right wrist, the ring Renae got for him for his birthday, he sported one single diamond earring that could blind someone who stood within 3feet, on his left wrist, he wore his father's watch, and his hair was in a low fade that held his tight curls since Renae loved pulling them so much.

Mama Karen had her hair styled in a high ponytail that stopped at the middle of her back, she had bangs that sat just a tad bit over her eyebrows, she had a natural beat on her face with a nude brown colored lipstick on her lips cover on gloss, her nose was contoured and highlighted to perfection. She wore an all-white pants suit, that had pink in the lining and on the buttons, she wore all white wedges that strapped around her ankles.

"Are you ready?" She whispered looking up at her son and King smiled and leaned down to wipe away a stray tear.

"I'm ready," he replied then cleared his throat just as Jon B, They Don't Know began to play.

"That's our cue," she said then took a deep breath right as the resort staff opened the doors.

Heard about my past things I used to do
The games I used to play
The girls that didn't last

I know what's on your mind
You think I'm doing wrong
Can I say what is real
You are the only one

When I'm not around
Do you think of me
Or what the jealous ones
are claiming me to be?

You should know by now
That it's gonna take
A lot of trust from you
For us to make it through

You should know baby you're my angel
Nothing's gonna make you fall from heaven
Girl I just want to love you love you...

"I'm proud of you," Mama Karen whispered as she and King walked down the long aisle that was decorated in pink and white flowers.

"And I love you," She added as she dabbed at her eyes just as Babyface, Every Time I Close My Eyes began playing.

Girl, it's been a long, long time comin' yes it has
But I,
I know that it's been worth the wait yeah
Yeah

It feels like springtime in winter
It feels like Christmas in June
It feels like heaven
has opened up it's gates for me and you
yeah

"I'm so happy for you King... I know your father's looking down smiling at you as well,"

King tightened his jaw then inhaled a sharp breath to keep his emotions intact. "I know mama... I can feel him,"

"Promise me dat no matter what, you and Z-bug won't ever go to bed angry with one another," she said looking up at him.

"I promise," he nodded then cleared his throat and held his head high as they began to approach the altar, well, floating carpet.

And every time I close my eyes
I thank the lord
that I've got you (That I've got you) yeah
And you've got me too (You've got me too)
And every time I think of it
I pinch myself 'cause
I don't believe it's true yeah
That someone like you loves me too
yeah....

Sitting Mama Karen down in her seat, King went and took his place on the altar and spoke a few words to the Pastor as the music faded away.

       King looked down the aisle seeing that the walk was about an estimated 3-minute walk, but with the pace that Renae would have to go, it would take her about 5 minutes to hit the corner and another 2 minutes to make it to the floating carpet.

     Adele, Make You Feel My Love began playing softly and the guests that were seated turned in their seats waiting on Ayanna and Kwan to head down.

When the rain is blowing in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love

When the evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one there to dry your tears
Oh, I hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love

I know you haven't made your mind up yet
But I will never do you wrong
I've known it from the moment that we met
No doubt in my mind where you belong

I'd go hungry; I'd go black and blue
And I'd go crawling down the avenue
No, there's nothing that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love

       "Dis will be us one day," Kwan spoke lowly to Ayanna as they walked down the long aisle both complementing each other's style while still color coordinating with Kingston and Renae.

       "Oh hush, you're just talking," Ayanna giggled as she lifted her dress some to keep from stepping on it.

       "Have mi ever lied?" He rose a brow looking down at her with a half-smirk on his face.

       "Doesn't mean... never mind, I would love to see that day," she smiled.

       "Yur gonna be mi wife one day pretty gyal, no doubt about it," He spoke with certainty.

       Ayanna inhaled slowly then cleared her throat and straighten up her posture not wanting to have an emotional breakdown before Renae even came out, she knew he was serious but right now she wanted, needed to save her tears.

       "I love yuh pretty gyal," he whispered softly into her ear before they parted ways.

       Mama Karen looked over at Ayanna and they both stared at one another with glossy eyes and a warm smile, everyone was trying to hold off on the tears but it seemed as if that wouldn't go as planned.

Next to hit the corner was Dajon and Eve. Eve had her hair pulled up into a high twisted bun that had jewels going around it, she had two braids in the back going up into the bun, her face was of a golden nude look, like Mama Karen's. The highlight she had on her cheeks and center of her brows glistened under the sunlight, her brows were filled, she had on full mink lashes and to top off her eye look, the makeup artist gave her a dramatic wing that lined with the end of her brows, she had on a single Diamond necklace that had Dajon's initials in the center.

King watched as Dajon and Eve held a small conversation as they walked and smiled to himself, they really reminded him of a younger less crazy version of he and Renae, he never seen a young couple so much in love without the constant break up just to make up thing, and he respected Renae for teaching Dajon right because he really did like him and Eve together.

"You look nervous," Dajon chuckled standing next to King wit the rings in his hand.

"Just ready to see her," King admitted just as the rest of the group turned the corner.

Jamel and Lacey were the first to hit the corner followed by Tyrone and Havana then Malik and Tinsley. Tish and her husband, Mrs. Capri, Porsha and a friend of hers, Lucy, and the security crew were already sitting in their seats along with the makeup artists, Austin, and other hairstylists

Brian McKnight, Back At One began to play and those who were seated rose to their feet waiting to see the twins, Bryson and Renae.

It's undeniable
That we should be together
It's unbelievable
How I used to say
That I'd fall never

The basis is need to know
If you don't know
Just how I feel
Then let me show you now
That I'm for real

If all things in time
Time will reveal (yeaaaah)

One
You're like a dream come true

Two
Just want to be with you

Reign and Kaari made it around the corner first dropping the petals down as they were taught to do the night before.

"Oh my God, look at them," Porsha gushed admiring their entire wardrobe.

Both twins wore the same style dress but a different color to complement both parents, Reign's dress was a blush pink tint at the top and her train was lace and all white, there was a ribbon attached that tied at the back and flowed right into her train, her hair was styled in an updo with an all-white ribbon tied into it and finished off with her floral crown, she had lace satin flats on her small feet that were covered in rhinestones.

Kaari's dress was the opposite, at the top her dress was all white and her train was lace and all black with her ribbon tied at the back as well, her hair was pulled up into a donut styled bun with her floral crown around her head, she sported the same styled flats as Reign and they both rocked studs in their ears that had their initials on it and blush on their cheeks and glittery gloss on their lips.

Three
Girl, it's plain to see
That you're the only one for me

And four
Repeat steps one through three

Five
Make you fall in love with me

If ever I believe my work is done
Then I'll start back at one

King stood staring at his beautiful daughters in complete awe, there wasn't an ounce of fear or nervousness written on their faces, just pure joy and excitement, they looked like two royal princesses with the way their rhinestoned flats gleamed in the sunlight with each step.

"He's gonna cry," Tish whispered to her husband.

"Let him have his moment," he chuckled softly as the twins carefully stepped up onto the floating carpet and took their place with the ladies.

King looked over at them and winked and they smiled brightly.

It's so incredible
The way things work themselves out
And all emotional
Once you know what it's all about, hey
And undesirable
For us to be apart
I never would have made it very far
'Cause you know you've got the keys to my heart....

As the music faded, Avant feat. KeKe Wyatt began to play letting everyone know that Renae had just reached her checkpoint.

King cleared his throat and straightened up his posture ready to see his Queen make her entrance.

Silhouettes of a perfect frame
Shadows of your smile will always remain (always remain)
Beginners luck soon fades away, oh baby
We go on, I'll always say

Long as I live, you will be my
(My first love) oh baby, you and only you
(Long as I live) Long as I live
(My first love) you will be my first love
And I'd choose you again

I'll keep an old candy coated Valentine
Memories of you, you when you were mine
A tarnished ring on a tarnished chain
Times keep changing
Come sun or rain, yeah

Long as I live, you will be
(My first love) my first love and my only love
(Long as I live) Long as I live
(My first love) you will always be my, only my first love

(Long as I live) Long as I live
(My first love) you will always be my first love
And I'd choose you again

Oh
Oh
A tarnished ring, on a tarnished chain, oh
Times keep changing come sun or rain,

yeah
(Long as I live) Long as I live, baby yeah
(you will always be)
(My first love) I'll always love you, baby
My first love

Renae and Bryson turned the corner and an echo of gasps went around the group as they stared at Renae.

Her dress was a pearl pink sheer colored and lace mermaid styled wedding dress that had long sleeves, at her hips and down, the dress clung perfectly to her body and opened out, stretching a good 5 feet in length. The dress was also covered in diamond-encrusted beads that twinkled under the sunlight with each movement. Her hair was in a blood-red shoulder-length bob and her face was covered under her long veil, her bouquet consisted of white and pink roses with a single yellow rose in the middle to pay her respects to Kingston dad and Mama Karen, on her feet she wore 6 inche, rose satin open toe heels that tied around her ankles and had diamonds going down the center of the strap connecting to the toe area.

"I'm so, so, very proud of you baby girl," Bryson spoke softly as he wiped his eyes while trying not to mess up the rhythm of their walk.

"I'm so honored to be your father, I know I say this a lot but I love you Zuri, I'd give my life for you and DJ always remember that," he spoke in a shaky voice.

Unable to control her emotions, Renae stopped walking and wrapped her arms around his neck tightly as she cried into the crook of his neck.

Kingston went to move but the Pastor and Dajon stopped him.

"I love you s—so much," She hiccuped hugging him tighter.

"I'm s—so—sorry for my past actions,"

"You don't have to keep apologizing for that baby girl, I'm always going to forgive you, you're my sweet Zuri," Bryson said as he hugged her tighter.

"I love you, always," He added.

"You hear me Z?"

Overwhelmed with emotions, Renae only nodded as he rubbed her back soothingly as they both cried.

       "I love you, Daddy," she spoke into his neck.

       "I love you baby girl, always and forever,"

        Once they got themselves together, Bryson lifted her veil carefully and used his pocket square to dab under her eyes, careful not to ruin her makeup.

       "You ready baby girl?" He asked.

       "Ready," She smiled.

        There wasn't a dry eye in sight, love was definitely in the air and a whole lot of it. Once Bryson handed Renae off to a teary-eyed King he went to take his seat, King took calculated steps towards Renae until there was no space between the two and slowly lifted her veil revealing her glamoured face.

       Gazing into her watery eyes with his wet ones, King took a step back and just stared at as he tried to even out his breathing but she looked absolutely beautiful, her face was contoured to perfection, her highlight was on point, her winged liner looked as if it was done by God himself, her lips were lined using a plum-colored lip liner, she had an on nude matte lip stain that was covered partially with a soft matte pink lip color and covered in gloss lightly giving off an ombré look. Her lashes weren't overly thick or long but the perfect length and depth, her brows were cleaned up with a lighter colored concealer at the bottom to highlight her brow bone, she looked like a walking Goddess and this was just her first look, she had two more outfits to change into that she was excited for.

      "Is it too much?" She asked nervously with tears rolling down her face.

       "Not at all," King replied before cupping her face gently and placed a lingering kiss on her lips.

       "Can't even get to the vows yet," Dajon chuckled causing everyone else to laugh.

       "I love you," He spoke against his lips as he rested his forehead against hers.

"Ahem," Someone cleared their throat causing Kingston and Renae.

Stepping back some, King cleared his throat but kept his eyes set on Renae's.

"Let us remain standing and bow our heads in prayer," The Pastor spoke flipping through his bible.

Once everyone bowed their heads, King took ahold of Renae's hands and pulled her closer towards him and rested his forehead against hers as the prayer began.

"Proverbs eighteen verses twelve through twenty-four says, "Before a downfall the heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor," it also says, "To answer before listening, that is folly and shame, the human spirit can endure in sickness, but a crushed spirit who can bear? The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge, for the ears of the wise seek it out, a gift opens the way and ushers the giver into the presence of the great. In a lawsuit, the first to speak seems right until someone comes forward and cross-examines,"

"The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit, he who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord, in that sense, Father I ask that you bless those that are present and those that are secretly hurting, Lord I ask that you use me during this celebration and allow me to speak what needs to be heard and not what I feel needs to be heard, I ask that you cover each individual in the blood of Jesus and let us all have an outstanding celebration, in Jesus name we pray, and all say Amen and Amen,"

Echoes of 'Amen' went throughout the group as everyone took their seats.

"Who gives away the Bride?" He asked.

Before Bryson could reply everyone replied "We do,"

Renae and King laughed shaking their heads.

"Alright then," The Pastor chuckled flipping through his Bible.

"Marriage isn't easy, but it also isn't hard, where there's love, there's hope and where's there's strength there's fight. By that I mean, if you have the strength to fight for you marriage then do it, I'm not saying, to fight for something that the other party is making clear they do not want any more, I'm saying if both of you know you are what the other wants, you are who the other is fighting for, then fight until you have none left in you. Yes, there's going to be hard times, life in itself is a gamble, you just never know what you're going to get, you wake up one day and may not wake up the next, it's all about chances, probabilities and playing your hand, you can't beat death, but you can cheat it a bit by taking control of your own fate, what I mean by that is to pray more, worry less, be more cautious, don't think just because you live in a safe neighborhood nothing can go wrong, things can always go wrong, why? Because it's life, it's just the way the world, the universe works. We are so fixated on blaming the Devil for all the bad, sometimes even God, but who really sits and thinks, "man, maybe I'm the problem, maybe I need to reevaluate my life and create a new path for myself, maybe I need to be that change I'm trying so desperately hard to get and see," don't always blame the enemy for all the bad that happened or happens in your life and for certain don't blame the Lord, because truth be told, coming from a man of God himself, the problem is us, you, me, him, her, them, we are our biggest enemy and we have to learn how to evolve and redirect our lives and our choices, sometimes we walk ourselves right into death without even realizing it until you're... well, dead. So what I'm saying is, love hard, fight hard, talk more, worry less, pray more, listen first and be slow to speak and slow to anger, seek and do not be discouraged, be patient and always be kind, be thoughtful and compassionate, be empathetic and speak your truth, stand in your truth and live in your truth, give because it's what resting in your heart not what you feel others would accept of you, don't give to be seen and rewarded, give from within and be blessed in heaven,"

Finishing his speech, he wiped the sweat from his forehead the picked up his bottle of water again.

"Would any of you like to come up here and say a few things before we continue?" He asked and Dajon was the first to raise his hand.

"Bring on the tears," Renae mumbled and King chuckled looking over at Dajon.

After those who wanted to give their readings on love and marriage, the Pastor directed his attention to King and Renae and spoke to them about the responsibilities of marriage, foundations, values, and vows.

"At this time, I would like to ask the Groom to cite his vows that he has written,"

King looked down at his written vows momentarily then shook his head and placed the paper in his pocket and grabbed Renae's hands and stared into her eyes for a long while before speaking.

"Renae Zuri Brown, since the day I laid eyes on you, January first to be exact, I knew, don't ask me how, but I knew you were who I needed, who I was supposed to be with. It's pretty funny how we met January first and you gave birth to our girls on tha' exact same day, if dat ain't destiny then I don't know what to call it. You showed me how to love, you showed me that it was ok for me to love you even if you were afraid to say it, I wasn't tha' typical nigga who ever thought I could be in love but you opened my eyes, my heart. So many times I thought I would have lost you, yet you're still here, there is simply no me without you..." Becoming choked up, King had to take a moment to compose himself.

       "You can do this," Renae whispered as she wiped away his tears.

       "It's just us here... just us," she spoke softly as the tears rolled down her face.

       She wasn't the only one moved by his words, there were a lot of wet eyes out there, and they were waiting to hear the rest.

       "You got this big bro," Dajon whispered placing his hand on King's shoulder when he became unable to form his words.

       Taking a deep breath, King cleared his throat a few times before speaking. "Y—you are my life, you not only hold tha' key to my heart, but you got my soul baybeh, I'd give my life for you a hundred times if I could. My partner is what you are, my lover and best friend, my homie, my backbone, you have always been ten toes down and I love you for dat, I have nothing but respect and admiration for you baybeh, you inspire me to be great, you and those girls are my world, but Lord knows if I ever lose you, it'll be tha' death of me and thas' just my truth. You complete me inside and out, you are a blessing, my blessing, us against tha' world baybeh.... forever,"

       "Are you ready?" The Pastor asked a very emotional Renae.

       Wiping her eyes quickly, she nodded.

       "Got me crying in front of all these people," King joked causing everyone including the twins to laugh.

       "Real men cry son," Bryson chuckled.

       "They sure do," Renae winked and King smirked.

       Clearing her throat, Renae wiped under King's eyes before speaking. "Kingston Micah Stone, there is no day without you and no rest until you're with me, I've found peace in you... solace and confidence. Many nights I begged death to come and take me and time and time again, you came around and picked me up, you've talked me off of the ledge so many times... there was never judgment in your eyes, only love... pain, it was you that saw me for me, you saw the inside of me, everyone else could only see my outside pain but you... you saw my internal pain, my demons and you helped... y—y..." becoming choked up, she had to stop.

       "It's ok baybeh,"

       "Take your time,"

        "You got this Renae," Tish spoke catching Renae's attention.

        "You got this," Tish mouthed when she looked over at her.

        Nodding slowly, Renae tried to even her breathing as she stared at King. "I'm scared,"

        "Scared of what?" The Pastor asked taking a step forward.

       Bryson stood up as did Mama Karen and Tamia wanting to understand what was going on.

       "There's nothing to be afraid of Renae, there is no fear within marriage, do you need a moment?" The Pastor asked lowly.

       "No," King answered for her and closed the space between the two.

       Cupping her face, he made her look at him and only him as they stared into each other's eyes without exchanging words verbally but Renae understood and nodded.

       "You... you helped me defeat my demons, it was you who made me see the light, it was your love that kept me going when I felt as if I had no fight left within me. You encouraged me to be the best that I could be and you've supported me through all of my trials, there wasn't a test that presented itself to me that you didn't stand by and help me beat, I've defeated depression, fear, I beat death because I had you, you taught me how to be selfless and showed me how to fight. I wanted to give up so many times and you kept me going, it was your love... that sweet laugh of yours that kept me going. We are one in this world but also in the afterlife, you are my soulmate, you help mend my broken heart and gave me not only yours but two new ones to fight and live for... you've changed my life, but God... my God, our daughters? They added onto it, they gave me another reason to fight and I have you to thank for that. There is simply no me without you three, Your heart is so big and your soul is so pure, even when walking alone I still walk as if you're right by my side because the thought of you makes me feel safe, you are my protector. I know that whenever I call on you, you will always come running and I want you to know, in front of everyone that you are a damn good man, a great man and you inspire me to be nothing but greatness. You are my motivation, my love... I want this forever and a day... it's always been you... only you,"

       When she finished King pulled her into a tight embrace allowing her to cry into his chest.

       "Good thing we did waterproof makeup," Evan said trying to lighten the mood.

       "Boy hush," Mama Karen giggled fanning at her eyes.

       Everyone remained quiet giving King and Renae time to regather themselves before the Pastor spoke. After they exchanged rings and said their 'I Do's' the Pastor has a few more words to say before it was time for the unity ceremony.

       "The pouring of these different colored sands are a symbol of our newlyweds becoming one, so if you will do us the honor and do just that,"

       King and Renae picked up the pretty tall glasses, his filled with white and hers filled with pink.

       "Forever," Renae smiled looking up at him as she tilted her glass.

       "Forever," King replied doing the same.

       "By the power invested in me, and by the blessing of our Heavenly Father, I now pronounce you two as Mr. and Mrs. Stone, you may n—" before he could finish, King pulled Renae towards him and crashed his lips into hers.

       The doves were set free, the twins opened the small container filled with blue butterflies inside, the music came on and everyone applauded and cheered as King and Renae shared their first kiss as an official married couple.

       They had enough time to cry, now it was time to party....

***********************

How are y'all feeling?
2 more chapters left🤧🤧🤧

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

863K 32.4K 103
It's 'Killed or be Killed' and living in New Orleans, you start to live by the 'Survival of The Fittest' mentality. Everyone's trying to make it and...
1.4K 86 29
《Made by the attempts to escape the shackles of her past...a girl learns to use love as a pawn in her vindictiveness and vindication. There is a dan...
26.5K 926 22
Ever felt like you never really remembered what you had for dinner the night before? You always had that feeling of not knowing anything. Why? You're...
3.3K 162 11
Have you ever remembered a stranger? Deja Vu is the phenomenon of having the strong sensation that an event or experience currently being experienced...