Married By Chance

By AurumHeart

This book is a sequel and continuation. In order to understand it, you have to read 'Partners By Chance' firs... More

Married By Chance (BOOK 2)
Prologue: Till death do us apart.
Chapter 1: She's married.
Chapter 2: It's not about him.
Chapter 3: Two months late.
Chapter 4: I love Liam.
Chapter 5: Why are you here?
Chapter 6: Christian Louboutin.
Chapter 7: Hey, hubby.
Chapter 8: It's time for me to party!
Chapter 9: Kit Kat.
Chapter 10: Take me there.
Chapter 11: Still in love with him.
Chapter 12: Are you happy?
Chapter 13: Dinner.
Chapter 14: Louis Vuitton.
Chapter 15: We need to talk.
Chapter 16: HOPE.
Chapter 17: I was crazy.
Chapter 18: Miss Beauty and Brains.
Chapter 19: Nobody is Perfect.
Chapter 20: Seoul Fashion Week.
Chapter 21: Like a Rose?
Chapter 22: Mr Black, Mrs Black.
Chapter 24: Mum.
Chapter 25: Black Industries.
Chapter 26: Donatella Versace.
Chapter 27: Nice to meet you.
Chapter 28: The Hotlist.
Chapter 29: You forgot about him.
Chapter 30: Edward and Elle Smith.
Chapter 31: I wasn't your boyfriend.
Chapter 32: Sushi.
Chapter 33: Gordon Ramsay.
Chapter 34: Back in London.
Chapter 35: Anna Wintour.
Chapter 36: Oscar de la Renta.
Chapter 37: They used to date.
Chapter 38: I like dresses.
Chapter 39: Signed with Gucci.
Chapter 40: Cause you're gorgeous.
Chapter 41: April 16th
Chapter 42: Vogue.
Chapter 43: This is happening.
THANK YOU!
Chapter 44: Make me cry.
Chapter 45: Need a ride?
Chapter 46: Home.
Chapter 47: His brother.
Chapter 48: Driving me crazy
Chapter 49: Please?
Chapter 50: Adam Black.
Chapter 51: Happiness.
Chapter 52: Sad night.
Chapter 53: July 18th
Chapter 54: Colton and Emily.
Chapter 55: You make my heart race.
Chapter 56: Getting kidnapped was fantastic.
Chapter 57: Bad Idea.
Chapter 58: The Summit
Chapter 59 : Cartier (Part 1)
Chapter 59: The effect you have on me (Part 2)
Chapter 60: Fellow Graduates
Chapter 61: Grow the fuck up.
Chapter 62: What are you afraid of?
Chapter 63: Speak Now (TV)

Chapter 23: Ciao.

11.2K 512 126
By AurumHeart

Amelia's outfit above.

Amelia Black

So I've been having the time of my life. Rome has been great honestly and one of the best experiences ever.

The day I arrived, I had someone picked me up from the airport with a paper that had my name printed on it. I didn't know who he was because I didn't order a car or anything so we spoke and he said he was sent by The Summit, the hotel I'm staying that was booked and paid for by Adam.

The hotel was great when I arrived. They took me to a presidential suite. Can you believe that? After I had my sleep, they invited me to the second floor for a spa and massage,

Their food is also really great. My friends and I sometimes go to the one in Bluefall to eat.

The second day, I went for a walk on Passetto di Birgo. It's a very beautiful passage and on my walk, I had a lot of thinking. I felt peaceful and calm throughout and it was wonderful. After that, I went for a Capuchin Crypt tour. That was really cool and a little bit creepy.

The third day, I had a VIP Breakfast and a private tour of the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel. The breakfast was delicious and the tour was really interesting. I got to see amazing things. Then, I went to the most iconic place in Rome, The Colosseum.

I stayed in the fourth day but the fifth day, I did the one thing I never thought I would do in my life. I went for a food tour! I ate at like nine different places. It was crazy but the food was really delicious. After that, I went to the Trevi fountain then went back to the hotel.

The sixth day, I took a six-hour tour around Lake Nemi in a fancy Ferrari. I went to the best sights in Italy. I went through picturesque roads and I was shown the historical heritage of Rome. The tour ended with a nice meal at a very nice and beautiful village.

The seventh day, I flew to Milan to see my cousin, Tessa. I've been to Milan several times for fashion week and some runway shows. I spent two days with Tessa. We went out clubbing at Tunnel Club on the first night and the next day, we went Sforzesco Castle and Isola to her favourite restaurant, Pescaria.

On the tenth day, I was back in Rome. I went to a Kayak tour in ancient Rome. I was taught how to paddle the Kayak. It was also peaceful and quiet tour. It was all about enjoying nature and seeing some beautiful ancient places. Then at night, I went to see Art Restoration at Casino dell'Aurora Pallavicini. It was spectacular and really beautiful.

The eleventh day, I had an amazing spa treatment, a massage and an aroma therapy session. It was so relaxing so I slept after that and later that day, I wandered through the street of Via del Corso for luxury shopping. I shopped like crazy. I bought four handbags and thirteen shoes. I'm a shoe lover so I went crazy in every store I entered.

Day twelve was when I went to Piazza Berberini then I did more shopping for clothes and nice Italian art pieces and I went to this jewellery store and bought some jewellery. The owner of the store was very nice and he's really talented so I collected his card and saved his phone number. I asked him what I could get my husband and he gave me an idea.

In the evening, I went for a five-hour cooking class. I mostly improved my pasta skills and learnt how to make a few sauces.

Today is the thirteenth day. I went to. Now, I'm back on Passeto di Birgo. This trip has been so wonderful. I got to see many beautiful places. And seeing that much beauty, just made me realise how beautiful life is and I shouldn't let mine go to waste. I'm twenty-one years old and now I know that I don't have to grow up at twenty-one or pressure myself to be perfect.

I just have to embrace my life as it is and be myself. This trip has made me so happy and more appreciative of life and my heart is finally at peace because I have let go.

Liam is a closed chapter in my life.

Why hold on to something old and painful when there are new and beautiful things to hold onto?

I'm done with him.

I've spent almost two weeks without using my phone and it feels exceptionally good.

Coming here is just about me and only me. I love myself and I love my life. I'm not going to take it for granted anymore because life is just so wonderful and most of all, it's a gift that I feel very blessed to have.

****

As I stride into the hotel lobby, I smile at one of the receptionist. This hotel made my trip. They introduced me Greta, an Italian lady who was my tour guide. She showed me all the places and we sat down and chose the ones that I wanted to go to.

The most surprising thing is I couldn't pay her for anything. The hotel said that it has all been covered. Adam paid for everything.

Isn't he the best?

I take the elevator up and when I reach my suite, I swipe the card and open the door.

The suite has a long way at the beginning  the. the living room and when I reach there, I freeze at the sight in front of me.

A very half naked Adam.

He obviously just got out of the shower because there is a black towel wrapped around his waist. His hair is wet and water is dripping down his glorious chest. "Hey."

I can't find my voice. My throat is so dry. This is the hottest thing I've ever seen. His chest is so sexy. It's like a work of art. He has a very hot muscular body. His chest is so hard and sculpted. I can't take my eyes off so I go down and fuck! He has a V! Of course he has a V.

I hear Adam clears his throat, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Let me go put on some clothes." He says and disappear to the other bedroom not the master because that's where I'm sleeping.

Oh my God. Am I dreaming? Seriously, is this another dream? What the hell is he doing here?

I watch him com back into the living room dressed in a white buttoned up, tucked into black pants. This is real.

"Hi." I squeak out.

"Hello."

"Um, what are you doing here?" I ask finally catching my normal voice.

"I have a meeting."

He has a meeting in Italy, where I'm having a vacation. I don't think this is a coincidence.

"Oh but why are you half naked in my suite in this hotel?" I ask in confusion.

"I'm not half naked anymore and FYI, this is my suite. I own the hotel." He says looking at me through hooded eyes.

My eyes widen. "Really?"

He nods.

"But this is The Summit." I say, still feeling confused.

"I know."

"Do you own the one in Bluefall as well?"

"Yes."

Holy shit! My husband owns the Summit chain of hotels. That's freaking awesome and no wonder the staff here are so nice to me.

"Wow."

"It is a partnership business with a friend." Adam shares.

"That's awesome. I like the hotels." I smile.

Adam nods dismissively and look at his wristwatch. "I am going down for dinner and to check on some stuff."

Something is off. The way he's talking to me seems different. It wasn't like this in Miami. Now he's like the old mean Adam.

"Okay." I reply then start taking of my jacket.

"I want you to come with me." He mutters.

"Alright let me wash my hands."

He nods and I quickly go into my bedroom then enter the bathroom to wash and wipe my hands. I look at myself in the mirror.

I have only a little makeup on my face so I brush my hair, put on a Fenty lip gloss then wash my hands again.

I head out and see Adam waiting with a scowl on his face. What's going on with him?

"So do you want to do something tomorrow?We can go somewhere nice together and hang out and have fun." I suggest as we walk out of the suite door.

"I'm not here to have fun. I have two conference calls tomorrow and a meeting with some clients." He answers.

Okay....

"So is that why you came? Not because I'm here?" I ask once we reach the elevator.

He finally turns and his eyes meet mine. "Yes."

I look away from him and cross my arms over my chest with a soft frown. Why do I feel sad and disappointment?

I keep quiet as we go down and as we enter the restaurant, my eyes start looking around. Most people are dressed in fancy clothes while some are wearing casual clothes just like me.

I feel Adam's hand grasp mine and I instantly feel the tingles. I like having his hands on me but I know I shouldn't so I snatch my hand away. His head snaps to me but I don't look at him. Instead, I look straight ahead with a straight face and start walking. He catches up to me and we start walking side by side.

I see a lady wearing a green short dress heading towards us with a huge grin on her face. "Adam!" She exclaims and hugs him.

"Hey, Simone." He mutters and hugs her back.

She pulls away but keeps her hands on his shoulders. "It's great to see you, handsome. You look great."

Handsome? I fight the urge to roll my eyes.

"Thanks." Adam replies, taking her hands off his shoulders. "You look beautiful." He tells her then kisses her cheek.

Who is she?

And does he only give compliments when people do the same to him? Or does he not find me attractive at all? He has never giving me a compliment.

It's not that I want him to by the way.

Simone is pretty. She has a shoulder length raven black hair with nice grey eyes. Her face is covered with a very nice makeup that contours her face perfectly,

"Thank you." She gives Adam a flirtatious smile then her eyes drift to mine.

"Excuse my manners. I'm Simone, a friend of Adam's." She states, stretching out her hand.

I politely take her hand. "Amelia."

"And who are you?" She asks as she looks at me from head to toe.

I turn to Adam. I'm already in a bad mood because he is being cold and distant and now this friend of his is annoying me.

"She is my wife." He replies.

Her eyes widen. "This is your wife?"

"Yes."

"I didn't know she was so.......um," She continues analysing me. Looking for something to comment on I guess. "Young." She finishes.

I ignore her comment and rolls my eyes.

"I think I see Carlo. Would you excuse us, Simone?" Adam asks her politely.

"Yes, of course." She leans forward and kisses him on the cheek.

"So is Simone Italian?" I ask Adam as we walk away from home.

"No, she is from Connecticut."

Connecticut. Bluefall?

"Did you travel here together?" I ask curiously because why else would she be here?

"No."

I turn my head and look at the table where she and some girls are sitting and talking. "Why is she here then?"

"She is on a vacation with her friends. Stop asking questions." He says in an annoyed tone.

"Mr Black." I see a tall middle aged man approaching us.

"Carlo." Adam says and they shake hands then the guy looks at me. "Mrs Black, I hope you're enjoying your stay." He grins.

"I am, thank you for asking." I smile.

"So is everything ready for tomorrow?" Adam asks Carlo who I guess is the hotel manager because of the tag on his chest.

"Yes, it is. Mr Ned and I just finished talking." He answers Adam.

"Evans is here with his family, correct?" A

"Yes. He has been praising us. I saw his daughters swimming earlier and his wife has been enjoying most of her time at the Spa."

Adam nods. "Good. He is a very important client of mine."

"I understand." Carlo smiles.

"Thank you." Adam says to him and then looks at me. "Where do want to seat?"

I look around. Most of the tables are occupied but there's an empty table at the corner.

"Over there." I point.

We walk to the table and sit down. There's no menu because it's a buffet. I shrug off my camouflage jacket and put it behind my chair.

"A server is coming to get you what you want." Adam tells me.

"It's fine, I can get it myself." I say then get up and stride to the buffet table.

I take a plate then put on a piece of a flat bread veggie pizza then move on and add some privamera stuffed chicken then some lasagna. I hope I can finish everything. The food here is just so good and I'm so hungry.

I take a little plate then put on a slice of cheesecake then go back to the table.

Adam now has a plate with a drink by the side. When I sit, I see him look at my plate so I also look at his. "What's that?" I ask.

"Chicken Carbonara. Do you want some?"

I shake my head. "No, thank you."

We start eating in silence and after Adam clears up his plate, he finally speaks, "Have I ruined your trip?"

I look at him in surprise. "What?"

"You don't want me here." He states in an affirmative tone.

Why would he think that?

"No, I do. I'm happy that you're here." I look down with a pout.

"Then what's with the mood?" He asks softly.

"I'm in a mood because you're acting mean and and I don't like it." I mumble.

"I'm sorry."

I look up at him. "You know, I'm surprised by how much you apologise. You don't seem like an apology kind of guy."

"I'm not. You are one of the few people that I apologise to."

"I feel special." I grin.

He shakes his head with a playful glint in his eyes. "You smile a lot. It's so funny."

Funny?

I laugh softly. "And you don't smile at all!"

"Yeah." He agrees with a shrug.

"Why?"

"I was taught how to conceal my emotions when I started my company. I was young when I started so my father thought that if people saw my emotions, they would know my weaknesses and use them against me."

I want to ask at what age did he started his company, what he does and whether he enjoys doing it but something stops me.

"It must have been hard." I say, looking into his eyes.

"Not really. I didn't display my emotions a lot even before that so it was easy for me."

"So with me, do you not feel the need the smile or do you conceal it?"

He holds my gaze for a while. "I conceal it."

"Why?"

Oh my God. Every time, he and I have a conversation, I get stunned and more curious and interested in him.

"I don't know." He answers honestly.

"Don't you trust me?"

He looks away from my eyes and takes a sip of his drink. "Do you trust me?"

Is he serious?

"Adam, you're my husband and I live with you. Of course, I trust you." I say in a duh tone but he doesn't react. "You don't trust me, right?"

He looks back at me. "I just haven't thought about it but I do....I guess."

"Thanks.....I guess." I reply with a smile.

"Finish up. I have something for you."

"I'm done."

"No, you're not."

"I am."

"Clear up your plate." He orders with a straight face.

"But my stomach is full." I whine. It's not but I'm tired of eating and kind of scared to finish all of it.

"You only took a few bites. Eat more and then we'll go." He says in a more gentle voice.

"But-". I start but his face turns cold and hard. "Now." He says in a low voice.

I pout and look down then continue eating my food. It tastes good but I'm really tired of eating. Adam just keeps watching me as I eat. It's really uncomfortable but at the same time, I like it when he looks at me.

"Good girl." He says once I finish eating.

I bite my lip then give him a look. "Shall we?"

"Sure." He says and stands up.

I take one last sip of my water then follow him. "What do you have for me?"

"It is supposed to be a surprise so you'll see when we get there."

"Is it outside?" I ask, feeling excited.

"Stop asking questions and just wait." He growls.

"Fine." I mumble.

We enter the elevator and he presses the top floor button which is the floor I'm staying.

When we arrive at the floor, Adam takes me to a different room. He presses the doorbell and someone opens the door.

"Ciao." Emily smiles.

"Ahhhh!" I scream and pull her into a tight hug. Fuck! I'm so happy to see her. "Emily Parker! What are you doing here?" I ask her after pulling away.

She strokes back her beautiful red hair. "Well, someone wanted to follow you all the way to Italy and I was dragged along." She smiles.

Who is she talking about? Adam?

I turn around and see that he's gone. I look back to Emily. "Who?"

She opens the door wider and we walk into the room. Sitting right there on the couch with a nervous expression on her face is Nicole.

Our eyes meet and she literally burst into tears. I stand frozen in my stop and take a look at her, not knowing what to do so I also start crying then rush over to her.

She stands up and we meet in the middle and hug. "I'm sorry!" Nicole cries.

"No, I'm sorry!" I exclaim.

"You guys are so fucking dramatic." I hear Emily mutter.

"You have no reason to apologise. I was such a fucking bitch! Please forgive me, Amelia! I miss you so much!"

I slowly pull away and wipe my tears. "You were right, Nicole. All those things that you said were the truth and I'm glad you told me."

"No, no, no, I didn't! I said it in such a horrible way. I was a bitch to you!"

Since she is my best friend, she obviously saw that side of me and I'm glad that she had the guts to tell me. "You were honest to me. I forgive you. I hope you can forgive me too.

She shakes her head. "There's nothing to forgive."

"Yes, there is. I acted like I'm perfect and made everything about me. For months, we only talked about what was going on with me and my life. I didn't ask about you girls when I should have because we're all human and everything is goes through a hard time one way or another." I argue.

"Yeah." Emily agrees softly.

Five minutes later, we all settle down on the huge king sized bed.

"So how did Adam know that you guys are here?" I ask them.

"We flew here together though he ignored us throughout the whole flight." Nicole answers.

"Wait, you mean you came on the same jet?"

"Yes, I asked my dad for a jet. I told him I was coming to see you. He said okay and just as we arrived at the airport, he called and told me that Adam is coming here as well and that he wouldn't mind bringing us with him." She explains further.

My mouth forms the shape of an 'O'.

"So how's Italy? What have you been up to?" Emily asks with a smile.

"I just needed some break from everything. You know all the things that Nicole said were kind of the truth. You know I was just had it in my head that I wasn't every girl. I tried not to like shopping, something that every girl loves, I hated modelling, every girl's dream job. I don't party a lot like you guys. I deceived myself by thinking that I'm special and perfect. But now I know I'm and it's freaking okay.I'm like just every fucking girl in the world. I love shopping because it really makes one feel better. I'm going to start living my life the right way." I ramble, feeling a sense of relief for sharing with them.

"I'm really happy for you and you know what? You're special. You really are, don't start thinking otherwise." Nicole says and I give her a smile.

"So what made you come to all these realisations?" Emily smirks, fixing the strap of her shirt. God! She is the queen of juicy questions.

"Adam, I guess." I reply casually.

"Ohhhh!" My best friends exclaims at once with big smiles on their faces.

I laugh and duck my head down to hide my blush with my hair.

"So how are things between you two anyway?" Emily questions deeper.

"Same old." I reply.

"I don't believe that." Nicole says.

"Well, one minute he's nice and sweet and the next he's cold and distant. I honestly don't know where he and I stand." I sigh.

"But-" Emily starts. Enough is enough.

"How are things between you and Colton? Tell us about Greece." I cut her off.

"Aww, it was the best trip of my life!" She exclaims and the starts telling us about it.

I don't think we're going to get any sleep tonight. There's a lot to catch up on.

****

Hey, everyone!

I know it's been two weeks but you can calm your horses down because it's a double update!

I really appreciate all of you that cared and kept asking what was going on but there were some rude comments that I did not appreciate at all.

My life doesn't revolve around Wattpad. There are times when I have things going on or going through something.

Writing gives me pleasure and that's why I do it not because I'm being paid or because I have to.

I'm not forcing anyone to read so if you know you're going to be rude or you have no patience at all, kindly stop reading the book.

.

So Adam decided to show up in Italy!

Nicole and Amelia are now okay!

Amelia and Adam's relationship has grown over the past few weeks but will it be the same when they go back home?

And is Amelia really over Liam?😭

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Swipe on to read the next chapter.

All the love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 27.3K 44
Book #2 [Sequel to 'All About Revenge'] [COMPLETED] ***** "I can't do this anymore." I said as ano...
206K 12.9K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...
63.1K 3.1K 56
Indelible Series Book #1 #28 [laughter] in 4.4k stories [11/11/20] #3 [badass female] (24/01/21) A carrier oriented middle class girl Ayat Seth was p...
44.7K 2.5K 45
Roohi 'As soon as the sun sets and moon rises Men turn into hungry wolves thinking we women are their food . All Men want is a body . All they do i...