Loved By An Amazing Freak

By Katherin3Coitier

Book Two in the Freak Series- Snow had lost her hope for her future. Her father was gone and had been for som... More

LBAAF- Prologue
LBAAF- Chapter 1
LBAAF- Chapter 2
LBAAF- Chapter 3
LBAAF- Chapter 4
LBAAF- Chapter 5
LBAAF- Chapter 6
LBAAF- Chapter 7
LBAAF- Chapter 8
LBAAF- Chapter 9
LBAAF- Chapter 10
LBAAF- Chapter 11
LBAAF- Chapter 12

LBAAF- Chapter 13

1.2K 62 7
By Katherin3Coitier

Chapter Thirteen

    I had imagined and counted on my stepmother to try and stop my coronation today. Yet there she stood smiling at me with false pride. In her eyes I could see the desire to cut me down grow with every step I took toward the throne.

    On either side of me, nobles and dignitaries bowed lowly. Jon beside me on my right with his hand under mine where I laid mine delicately on top of his. Our progression slow because of the overly large and ornate coronation gown the royal tailor had only altered lightly yesterday to fit me perfectly. Jon had to help balance me because I wasn't used to dressing like this in a long time.

    At the steps of the throne, my stepmother rose from the throne and I saw the tightening of her jaw at having to step to the side of it. She hated that she had to let me sit for even a second. It was her desire that I had never returned but now she was forced to let me take my rightful place.

    My eyes falling to the throne and memories of my father came to me. Times when I was little and I'd rush up to him even when he was in the middle of his stately duties. He'd laughed and lift me up and place me on his knee to leave me as he continued.

    But not every time was happy, especially after he remarried to my stepmother. She would counter that it wasn't proper to have me during audiences. He would concede even if neither of us wanted to stop. I liked hearing my father rule and I had learned even at those young years of how to rule properly because of those times on his knee.

    Jon helped me to turn toward my people as servants rushed to reposition the grand train. Once they were done, I slowly sat down on the throne. Fully on the throne, the room rose as one turning toward me. All eyes expectant and delighted by the sight on me here where I belonged.

    Lord Galian moved to bow before me on bended knee as a servant who held the crown that once rested on my father's head stood next to him. "It is a great honor to have a true descendant of the first Angelic people to rule us again."

    Rising, he took the crown from the gilded pillow and walked around to stand behind my throne. "And now to crown our beloved Princess Snowden as our new Queen!" I felt as he slowly lowered the crown toward me head.

    Everyone gasped as a silver arrow sliced through the air and struck the crown knocking it out of Lord Galian's hands. Guards rushed over to the entrance of the great hall when a man stood. He didn't even care as he tossed the bow that he held to a guard that approached. The guards brought him forward.

    Lord Galian sucked in a breathe. "Sir Lucien, what is the meaning of this?"

    The golden haired man smiled at me before he knelt. "I have sworn to protect our true Queen. I was fulfilling that pledge."

    Jon stepped forward. "How were you fulfilling that pledge when you interrupted the coronation?"

    The knight looked at my stepmother. "I suggest you place that particular crown on her."

    "But Snow is the rightful Queen."

    Sir Lucien moved his eyes to Jon now. "That is true, but not with that crown." Jon glared at the knight.

    I rose from the throne and many bowed. "Are you trying to tell us that that crown has been tainted?"

    The knight smiled as he bowed his head. "As quick as your father was when I was but a squire." Then he rose and looked to my stepmother. "You should have been more careful where you plot as you have no idea whose hidden within the room."

    Lord Galian walked over to the crown and examined it. "Are you sure about what you've heard?" The knight bowed his head in acknowledgement. Lord Galian turned to my stepmother whose eyes grew wide with fear. "Would you wear this crown your majesty?"

    She recollected herself before raising her chin. "But it is Snowden's right to wear that crown. Place it where it truly belongs."

    He looked to me. "What is your will your majesty?"

    I smiled at my stepmother. "Allow my stepmother to wear the crown as I know how much she loves wearing one."

    My stepmother gasped before she backed away from the crown. Guards blocked her from retreating very far. As Lord Galian drew close, she fell to her knees. "PLEASE!" She sobbed. "I'm with child!"

    My whole body stiffened as did Jon. When she looked at him, he gulped beside me. "I bare your uncle or aunt within my womb."

    Turning to Jon, he looked sick. "Wait." I said to the room and Lord Galian stopped. "Take her to her chambers and keep her there. The people have the right to seek judgment on her, but if she is with child, it is innocent and must be cared for."

    Guards bowed before pulling my stepmother up from the floor. They took her away while I turned to Galian. "Please send word to Prince Kenith and inform him what my stepmother has told us. Make sure that the doctor sees her to confirm her condition." He bowed leaving to do as he was asked.

    My attention turned to Jon. "Are you alright?"

    He looked at me for a moment before he nodded. Then he smiled as he cupped my cheek and stepped closer. Before I could think, his lips were on mine and I felt delirious with joy because of him. I could feel that he was relieved that my stepmother didn't get her way. That she was thwarted in her plan to stay Queen.

    My cheeks burned with a blush when someone cleared their throat. "You know that was very public my Queen." I giggled looking beside me to Miron as he smiled.

    Jon stepped beside me and I stood up straight. "Please kneel before me Miron." He looked confused, but did as I requested. Holding out my hand, the guard baring the great Angelic sword came forward and presented it to me. I took it and Miron's eyes grew large while Sir Lucien smiled brightly.

    "Bow your head for me." Miron did and I touched his left shoulder with the flat of the blade. "For loyalty and friendship when I was lost." I moved the blade to his other shoulder. "I knight thee my dear Miron and from this moment on you will be known as Sir Miron. Rise and be joyous Sir Miron."

    He rose and a servant placed a chain of metal and jewels. I smiled because I had kept this as a secret and even got his chain done in secret. The smile on his face was what I was looking for so he knew how much I appreciated him and what he's done for me.

    I looked to Sir Lucien. "Will you do me the honor of taking my new knight under your tutelage so he knows what it is to be on of my knights?"

    Sir Lucien bowed. "It'd be my pleasure."

    Raising my eyes to the room. "I do believe a feast was planned for today. I just hope no one minds that I have no crown just yet."

    There were laughs as the day shifted. Jon helped me back to my throne to enjoy the rest of the day and into the night. When the doctor entered, he informed Jon and I that my stepmother was indeed with child. For now she was to be confined and given every care just for the sake of the child.

~~~

     My eyes followed as Jon paced back and forth in front of my throne. He was anxious to see his baby uncle. We were all anxious to see his grandfather's son. Something that had been long over due as my stepmother's pregnancy had postponed for a month and my doctor had to induce her labor in the end.

    "Jon my love, come sit with me or you're going to make me dizzy."

    He sighed coming over and joining me. "I'm sorry my sweet Snow."

    The doors flung opened and in walked Prince Kenith smiling down at the newborn in his arms. A tuff of strawberry blonde hair poking out of the baby's wrapping. Jon was up again and this time I joined him as his grandfather drew near.

    "Oh, he is more than precious." My voice sounded how I felt, in awe.

    Kenith smiled still gazing at the baby. "That he is."

    Then he looked at me. "I regret your people will not get their justice as your stepmother did not survive the birth."

    "I believe they will understand and believe that it was fated to be this way. For one life to come into this world while another leaves it." I smiled. "This is the one good thing she did in all her life."

    "And he will be raised as I had my grandson." He smiled at Jon. "I think I did right raising you."

    Jon chuckled. "That you did granddad, that you did."

    "Just think, in three months you two will be married and you will start having some of your own." Prince Kenith smirked. "I hope you're ready for that."

    I looked at Jon with a blush. "Only because I have my loving Prince that saved my life with me. I know I can do anything with him to keep me strong."

    Jon leaned over and kissed my lips. "And you give me strength." Caressing my cheek, he looked at me with complete love. "All because you love me."

    "And you love me."

    The baby woke and gurgled making us all smile. That night we celebrated the new demon prince with joy. Kenith stayed inside when the fireworks glittered the sky so the sound didn't wake his son. My world was like the flashes in the sky, bright and seemingly to last forever which I want it to always feel like.

~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 96 27
***This is Book 1*** Please Be Aware That This is a First Draft Nisha Caldwell finds a stranger, an intruder in her house. The stranger, who calls hi...
294K 16.5K 28
Lucy doesn't have any memories from when she was a child. All she remembers is the boy who saved her life, after she had been attack by a vampire. Y...
78 0 31
Two sorcerers, one of demon blood, one of angel and god blood meets in a world where love between them is forbidden. But that does not stop them. The...
6.8K 156 21
Jade Winter is just a normal girl who works at the local Starbucks shop. Then she meets Harry, and they become very good friends. The more time she s...