My Bad Boy

By Nickymb

Kelsey Mays knows everything there is to know when it comes to loving a bad boy. They're uncaring jerks who w... More

My Badboy
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three
Chapter thirty four (Last chapter)
Epilogue

Chapter thirteen

221K 4.2K 313
By Nickymb

I'm sorry it's taking me so long to upload!

I'm trying my hardest to work around school, I promise, so just keep an eye out for random uploads!

Oh, and if it takes me a while to get to your comment I am deeply sorry. I try my hardest to get to them fast, I promise!

I know this is short, but I needed to add a little POV of Julio's. I felt like it was needed and hopefully it give you more insight into who he is.

Anyways, this is it!

Enjoy!

- Nickymb <3

PS: The person I dedicated this too is someone who like to always leave comments. Seriously. And most of the time, they are always telling me to update. So, thanks for giving me that little push <3

** Unedited **

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

( JULIO POV )

When my father got busted for selling drugs, my mother was devastated.

I remember laying in bed, a pillow over my head and my hand in my mouth as I heard them fight.

Their arguments use to vibrate through the whole house and Jose, just as young as me, would wake up screaming from all the noise.

Then, I didn’t understand what was going on.

The older I got, the more I understood. I would see my mother sitting on the couch, a cigarette in one hand, and she would just sit there and stare out the window. My father? Never home to even be bothered with.

I knew my father wasn’t the father he should have been. He did things you would probably see on some high production movie and I never questioned them. No one did. My father wasn’t a person you question.

Unless you wanted a bullet in your head.

I know what you're thinking. What a stereotypical Mexican story.

Well, you’re wrong.

My mother’s side of the family were the most well put together people I ever met and when asked in second grade what I wanted to be, they were always the people I thought of.

The fact is I can never be that guy. It just never seemed to be in the path I was taking. I wanted it, though, the whole ‘family’ thing. I would love to be that guy that could go to work everyday and provide for a family he loved.

But dreams aren’t reality.

 Sadly, Pacho knew were to hit me where it hurt the most. He said as much when he showed up to my work, telling me that he contacted my dad and said he agreed that I could take up the family business.

As if it was selling cars or some shit.

This time when I refused, it didn't go over so well. A serious threat and a black eye later, I agreed to meet with them a week from tonight.

It wasn’t as if I gave up easily. I put up a really good fight, but sometimes you have to learn when to pick and choose your battles.

The thing that hurt the most though was when I did get home and I saw my mother sitting on the couch, watching the curl of the smoke coming from her cigarette. 

I knew just from her look there was no point in hiding a damn thing.

“You know you father is a good man,” Those were the first words out of her mouth and sadly, I didn’t want to hear them.

I threw my jacket on the roughly on the table and stared at her, my jaw locked. There was no reason for her to defend that man and I told her as much.

“Are you fucking kidding me? What good has he ever done for this family?” I said loud enough for Jose to peek his head out from his room. He looked from our mother to my face.

When he saw the still turning black eye,  he darted from his room and headed to the small kitchen.

Mi madre, still in her wrapped reality, brought in a deep breath and let it out slowly. Smoke and all. “You watch your language,”She said, but that wasn’t all. She finally looked over to me and I could see from her red eyes that she had been crying.

  “You know I never wanted this life. I try so hard to produce something, to be proud of something, but -”

She stopped talking, as if it has became too much, and she brought her cigarette back to her mouth, her hand shaking in the process.

I stepped over Marcia’s toys and made my way next to her on the couch. As much as I wanted to blame her for picking my dad, I couldn’t blame her.

Sometimes love gets the better of people and as I sat there, looking at her, I remember how I felt. I knew with anything in me that I would protect my family the best way I could.

So when Jose handed me a ice packet I ran my hand through his hair wistfully and he sat next to me, his eyes just as curious as mine were at his age. My mother looked at the two of us and smiled a sad smile. 

“I’m sorry,” She mouthed to me and I shook my head. It wasn’t her fault. Hell, it wasn’t even my fault. All I knew at that moment was I was going to find a way out of it, no matter what I had to do.

I brought my hand out and I pulled my mother into a hug and soon Jose joined until Carlos woke from his nap. Fuck, I wasn’t an emotional guy.

Far from.

But like I said, family meant something to me and I swore on my life I would do anything to protect them.

Now, four days after the incident, I find myself in a totally different predicament.

I stand in front of my mirror, a comb in one hand and a hair gel in the other. I never used the stuff before but when Jose walked by and heard me on the phone with Kelsey, he told me that I needed to look ‘Fresh’.

Whatever the hell that meant.

“This shit isn’t working.” I say to Jose as I lean toward the mirror. A piece of hair sticks up in the back and no matter how many times I run my hand over it, it’s going nowhere.

I have no idea why the hell I’m worrying about what I look like, but for some reason I don’t want to know the answer in the first place.

“You kiddin’? This stuff is easy.” My lil bro laughs through his nose and I turn my head to the side.

Yeah, as easy as taking candy from a Mexican baby.

“Here.” I take a step back and Jose comes forward and gets a glob of the blue stuff in his hand. He looks up at me with his eyebrows raised and turns toward the mirror.

“Watch.” He demands as he leans his face toward the mirror like I did earlier and in a matter of five minutes, his hair is spiked like some celebrities hair you would see on t.v.

“Move,” I push him out of my way as I get a big glob of the gel like he did on my hand and try to glide my hands through my hair the same way he did.

In the end, I still looked like a damn peacock.

Aggravated, I throw the thing of gel on the dresser and reach to take my shirt off.

The truth is, the reason I even asked to meet Kelsey is because my mother, Marci, and Carlos was going to my nana’s house and my other brother was hanging out with a few kids from the neighborhood.

When I called Aiden earlier and asked if he wanted to get pissed face drunk, he ended up talking about Mia and I had to hang up.

There was only so much I could take of hearing about that girl before I flipped my shit. It’s Not like I didn’t like the girl, she was good enough, but even a stranger had to admit she turned my best friend into a living, breathing valentine fuck card.

So, when I remembered my little deal with Kelsey, I realized tonight could be better than I predicted. When I called the she-devil herself, Mia, and got her number , I was beyond excited.

That all changed when she answered though.

To tell the truth, I thought the chica would be studying.  She seemed like the type. But when she said she was busy and I heard talking in the background, I realized maybe the girl got out more than I assumed she did.

When I hung up, I came to the conclusion that I was... Pissed.

Not at her, but at the fact that if it came down to it, if that girl asked to have a just one night with me, the chances are I would drop everything and go meet her.

Which isn’t like me.

At all.

So when she did call back, I was in the middle of this little eternal battle when I answered. I wasn’t expecting much, so when I answered with my usual opening, I was surprised when she cut me off, throwing her own little opening out.

At the time, I had no idea what I was going to do with her.

Sure, there was a few things I would love to do with that girl, but I am sure she wouldn’t be open to the suggestion’s I was willing to make.

“Hello, Julio? You there?!” I look over to see my lil bro snapping his fingers in my face. I push his arm away and he crosses his arms over his chest.

When I realize I was standing here, lost in my thoughts, I reach over for my shirt avoiding his condescending look.

Turns out my brother was more like me then I would have liked.

“Would you like to tell me where you were for the last minute or two?” When I don’t answer, he laughs and re- crosses his arms. “You were probably thinking of that sweet little mamacita weren’t you?!”

I bring my hand out fast and smack it across the back of his head. “Watch your mouth,” I state before taking a step back and bringing my arms out. “Now, how do I look?”

I watch as he sets a finger on his chin and starts to circle me. After making me spin two times, he comes to his conclusion.

“Do you love her?”

I cough back my surprise. “W-what?”

“Julio better not be in love.” I hear my mother say from the doorway and when I turn to look at her, she smiles.

She comes up and runs her hand over my black button down shirt. Carlos makes bubble in the arm next to her and I smile at him and he tries to smile back.

“Do you ever wear anything but black?” Before I can answer, I feel someone tug on my hand. When I look down, I see Marcia smiling up at me.

“You look handsome!” She squeals and my mother laughs and scoops her up in her other arm, even though she was too old for it. 

She gives me and Jose a look. “I better see you both back here at reasonable times. Jose, eleven. Julio, you know better.”

Jose starts to complain and I give my mother a lopsided grin. “Have I ever let you down?” She rolls her eyes and puts Mia back on the ground.

“Ready to go?” She says, leaning over to poke her nose,  and when Marcia starts to clap, the three of them head out.

I turn to Jose and give him a look like my mother did. When he shakes his head, I think he figures out what I’m trying to say. I reach for my key and make my way to the front door.

“Wait, you never answered my question!” Jose says, trailing behind me like a lost little dog on the street. I stop and look at him over my shoulder. All I knew in that exact moment was I was falling.

I might not have guessed it or known it, but I felt it. So, when my little brother looked up at me, waiting for my answer, I gave him the only answer I could.

“ I don't believe in love.”

Then I opened the door, heading to give the only girl in the world I wanted to see the best night she would ever have.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

583 59 42
Laken is in for a whirlwind when her family starts falling apart. Enter Matt Taylor, a rising basketball talent with winning looks and a cocky smile...
1.5K 100 102
Love or addiction? They were puzzle pieces that fit together perfectly, but the problem was that they were not part of the same puzzle. Britney White...
215K 4.9K 29
Evelyn is finally convinced to go to a party by her best freind, Gabby, and her crush, Ryan. But after getting extremely drunk, Ryan and Evelyn have...
895 223 34
After coming home from summer vacation, Marisol is now ready to start her senior year with her closest friends but... a lot can change in just two mo...