[SEULRENE] THE CHASE

By eajitothepower

Sunflowers still grows at night This story isn't mine. It's originally written in Vietnamese. Credit to the r... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 17

1.1K 30 0
By eajitothepower

Irene and Seulgi considered it and have stabilized for nearly a year together.

The distance between the two was pulled closer. Emotion is also developed. Irene was much more relaxed and natural when she was with Seulgi. Irene herself knew that she must have been shaken by her. Only she always insisted on denying her feelings for Seulgi when she still had too many doubts around her work.

The papers of the day Irene found in Kim Gia, due to the urgent time that the image was a bit blurry, could not prove anything. So it takes a lot of time to recover. While waiting for the restorer to work, Irene still day and day prayed that if it was really proof of SY's criminal behavior, Seulgi would not be involved. She had been with her for a while, Seulgi really wasn't like someone who could do such things.

Everything is a mean protein. It is, both as ordinary couples, of course inevitably quarrel. In the ninth month in this calm relationship, Irene and Seulgi argued a big match together.

Irene always thinks no matter what, Seulgi will yield to her. Because she was in front of her, she did not hide her misery for her love. Seulgi's kind of earnest and earnest personality somewhat makes Iren put herself in control of the relationship.

Their argument is still on Christmas day. Christmas Eve, Seulgi is busy having to go drinking with customers. Irene is perfectly fine with that. She is also an adult girl, but every occasion desires to keep her lover by her side. She even had a little time to spend alone to work. Irene spent the evening reviewing reports from her colleagues. It seems that their side also has a bit of progress when they have entered the double-circle investigation phase. That is, the objects that are not related to the case have been named.

She sat and examined the report without managing time. When the doorbell rang, Irene looked up at the clock. It was almost midnight, the person outside the door was only Seulgi and no one else. She sighed, sure she was drunk, and ran over here for what? Irene stood up and opened the door.

As expected, just as she thought, Seulgi's eyes filled with the usual mental state were obscured by a mist. However, Irene never saw Seulgi drink so badly that she was not as strong as she is now. Seulgi leaned against the wall, the alcohol emanating from her body obscuring the familiar perfume that Irene frowned.

"Why not come straight home but also come here?" She said, then dragged her into the house to make lemonade for Seulgi.

Irene is very unhappy about her attitude of not cooperating with her doctor. Seulgi's stomach disease is not mild. But she still didn't go to the doctor or take medicine. So did not rest, constantly working, constantly drinking. Seulgi's indifference to her own health made Irene angry. She had never been sympathetic to Yerim, but indeed Irene had sympathized with Yerim when she learned that Seulgi and Yerim had quarreled about this. Irene thinks, it's about time for her and Seulgi to quarrel about her health.

Hurriedly going into the kitchen, Irene silently cursed the damn Seulgi to make her worry while her work was not done yet. Irene is no less a workaholic than Seulgi. She absolutely did not want to worry about anything else when she was working. So, all the stress of the whole night suddenly gathered in one place, causing Irene to get annoyed. Going out with a glass of lemonade, she forcefully gave Seulgi, who was sitting quietly on the sofa, forced her to drink before she left. Another thing that makes Irene angry is that Seulgi is in a drunken state like this while deliberately driving. She knew that, every time she went to her house at night, Seulgi would not call the driver herself.

"Have a quick drink and then go to the motel." Irene knows that it doesn't work now to say anything to Seulgi. It seemed that it was done, unexpectedly contrary to Irene’s attitude, Seulgi smiled. She pulled out a small box from her pocket and handed it to Irene.

"Hyun, Merry Christmas"

Irene was quite surprised when Seulgi was busy like that and still remembered buying Christmas presents for her. She took the box, then opened it, Irene immediately widened her eyes. Inside the box is a sunflower-shaped stone necklace that looks extremely expensive. Her dislike for expensive items, that would make Irene feels like she owed someone something. Seulgi had money to buy her such an expensive thing and refused to see her doctor. It's ridiculous. In addition to the bad mood, Irene didn't bother to close the box, then gave it to Seulgi.

"Take it, I won't accept it" Seulgi is really sad when Irene said that. This necklace is for her to make her own. If it doesn't belong to Irene then it doesn't mean anything anymore. Seulgi's smiling gaze immediately stopped. She opened her mouth to ask.

"What's wrong? Hyun, take it" she said pleading and pushed the box towards her. Irene, once annoyed, is extremely impatient.

"I can't accept an expensive item like this, I don't want to owe you." Her uneasy speech made Seulgi not understand why she was suddenly like that. She licked her lips.

"What are you saying? This is a gift, what do you owe me?" Seulgi's head was a little dazed. She is due to not being conscious so she doesn't understand Irene’s words at all. She wasn't as sophisticated as usual to see Irene’s mood was bad. Seulgi only felt that her words were a bit strange. Thinking like that, Seulgi went to hug Irene on the shoulder, inviting her to lean on her lap. Seulgi cooed.

"What are you doing? Is it a bad day?" But Irene quickly pushed Seulgi away, immediately leaving her arms. Irene knew she was easily softened by Seulgi's lightness. She hated herself when she did. At those times, Irene felt that she was no longer herself and she was afraid of these strange changes when she was with Seulgi.

"No, I don't have anything, but I want to be alone. Go back" Irene tried to push Seulgi's hand to make her slip off the sofa and stand up. Seulgi saw that Irene was so fiercely attentive that she got drunk. Although her head still had some pain, Seulgi was aware that this was not one of those situations where she could easily comfort Irene for a sentence or two. Seulgi immediately stood up and went to the door. She stood from the outside while Irene was standing inside.

"Okay, okay, I will go. But please, can you take this? I really want you to have it" She also felt that the atmosphere was a bit stressful. Irene herself is also tired, she does not want to quarrel with Seulgi so she agrees to take it. But her next sentence when she got into her ear was a bit hard to hear.

"Okay. Then tell me, what do you want me to give you?" Seulgi frowned. Why did she ask her that? Seulgi let out a breath. Why did Irene not understand that this gift was merely derived from her feelings for her?

"Nothing. I just want you to wear it. Why do you have to take this seriously?" This is the first time that Irene saw Seulgi stiffening herself. Normally, if the atmosphere is bad, the two people are at risk of quarreling, Seulgi will always be the one to go to the country. But when she was like pleading in her heart that Seulgi went back, she tried to live and die without forgetting this. She said, exasperated.

"Because I don't want to owe you" Seulgi is a very patient lover. She was still deeply in love with Irene. She could stand her unreasonably. But unreasonably like this, Seulgi really can't understand Irene. Seulgi's voice suddenly grew to make Irene a little startled.

"You don't owe me anything. Hyun, where is it that you have such a thought? That when you receive gifts, you must give something back?" In Irene’s mind, there is no one in this world who gives nothing without asking for a response. Including emotion or material. She was a bit rigid, working in a field where the dark sides of people's hearts and society were most exposed, so it somehow invaded Irene’s thoughts. Everything is money given to porridge. And Seulgi has not yet made her change her mind about the love story that all exists.

"Of course, it's normal for everyone to do it. I see you're the one with the strange thought. No one in this world gives anything but doesn't want to take it back." Irene is also a very stubborn and aggressive person. She did not allow herself to lose in quarrels. It is for this reason that no one has ever been able to withstand the strong and overwhelming nature of others.

"But I'm not like everyone. I love you, this gift I made for you completely comes from my feelings. I don't want to get anything back from you" Seulgi raised her voice far more than usual. She also woke up the alcohol, although her eyesight was still a little blurry, she could still see her reflection in the window behind Irene’s back. Seulgi thought her face was red. She did not want to shout at her, but she did not want her to think wrong.

"If that's the case, is it okay to buy anything? Why do you have to buy such an expensive item? As for the order, I don't need it" For Irene, she never wanted to receive anything precious, even if it was her lover. It was because no one had ever treated her as wholeheartedly as Seulgi. So, when Seulgi kept showing her her sincerity from time to time, Irene had a sense of caution that this was just a lie.

"What are you doing today? Why are you angry at something like this? I'm a lover, of course I want to give you the best. That is not the most important thing. The most important thing is that it comes from my feelings? Why don't you understand? " Seulgi said stiffly, Irene’s face was slowly sinking. Irene wanted to stiffen. She frowned as she approached her.

"What do you do? Don't you think that if we break up one day, this gift doesn't mean anything? Why do you have to spend money on stuff like this? How old are you? You can do a lot of things with this money. For example, cure your stomach disease. Every time you are hurt, do you know me very well? " Every sentence of Irene’s words constantly hurt Seulgi. She was not angry because she overlooked her feelings, which made her uncomfortable the way she took the money so seriously and she made Seulgi like that.

Also, she really didn't see what she did wrong. Is it wrong for her to give her a Christmas present? Is she appreciating her wrong? Irene was talking as if Seulgi was really a thorn in her eyes that made her very upset. Did she find her so annoying? Seulgi widened her eyes, biting her lips. After that, she couldn't resist indignantly in Irene’s unreasonable reasoning but strongly argued. Seulgi is very upset in her body, so her stamina is not as normal.

"What the hell are you having today Irene? Why do we have to talk about money? My gift to you has nothing to do with it. Why do you have to feel pressured with giving me something? Besides, do you really see me bothering like that?” Seulgi feels that whenever people are drunk, it feels really hard to control. Only a few quarrels that she wanted to cry. She did not know if she wanted to cry because it was too painful or because she was so angry. Yet she really thought Irene was a bit reliant on her. The more she think about it, the more she feel angry at herself hoping for too much. Seulgi blinked repeatedly, she didn't want to let Irene see pain in her eyes.

Seulgi didn't really know if she was too drunk and made a good dose of it and she had the courage to do such a big deal with Irene. Seulgi only knew that she was truly controlled by anger. She angrily went to snatch the box from her hand. Her eyeballs were red, not knowing if Seulgi's tears had fallen, drunk, or because of anger.

"Do you hate it so much? Okay, You’ll never have to see it again" she said and quickly threw the box hard out the open window at the end of the hallway. Irene was really surprised by Seulgi's actions. She had never seen her so angry, but Seulgi's act of distributing this was like a drop of water to Irene. She swung her hand against Seulgi's shoulder.

"Are you crazy?" Irene almost screamed. She did not care if her neighbor could hear it. What she did not expect, was that Seulgi seemed to be really angry. Her face was as red as fresh blood, and in her eyes, her anger was somewhat threatening to her.

"Yes, I am crazy. I am really crazy, that I love you so much" Finally, Seulgi's tears also fell in front of Irene making her dumbfounded. Since being a child, Irene never thought, there will be one person in this world because of her tears. It was Seulgi who quickly wiped away tears. She did not look at Irene, nor did she say anything to her, turning to leave. Seulgi had to leave this place quickly, before her tears flowed so much that she couldn't stop it.

Irene silently looked at the figure of Seulgi leaving with dismay. What did she end up with? Why is it better than losing a gift to her? Irene just doesn't think, Seulgi is usually calm and gentle, when she gets angry again. Irene turned her head to look out the windy window at the end of the hallway. Was she a little too much for her? Irene gasped, angry in her heart, and closed the door, not wanting to think about it anymore.

Irene returned to her desk. She squeezed her temples tightly, her true love was a headache. She sank into the chair. In the heart of Irene at this time, even out of anger, she felt confused. Seulgi's attitude today was really the first time she saw. She must have been pissed by her to become like that. However, the fact that she didn't discuss it with her and bought such an expensive gift made Irene extremely uncomfortable. Irene scratched her head and moaned in frustration.

Previously, Irene used to think that if she and Seulgi had a fight, they would have to argue about something serious. Yet the first quarrel between them is about such bullshit. However, after all, the person who caused it was also her. Well, maybe waiting until Seulgi calms down, will she apologize to her? Anyway .. Seulgi is also interested in her interest in sunflowers.

"Bae Joohyun, what is the point of thinking that way?" Irene lamented. Now she also has no mind to work anymore. But when she was about to turn off the phone, she found her email box had an important file sent. Irene frowned slightly, she quickly clicked on it. Her eyes widened when she read the file name.

It is the image restoration team.

This is the moment when the truth is revealed, is the number of other documents illegal? Whether or not Seulgi has anything to do with SY's abnormality. However, when all was in hand, Irene was a little hesitant to open it. She was afraid to see the worst results she could think of. Irene was sinking in her hesitation when the phone rang suddenly causing her to jump. Irene let out a breath, then took the phone to look. Who can call now? It's already past midnight.

She was quite surprised to see the phone number displayed by her mother. She furrowed her eyebrows, why did she call her at this hour? Irene quickly heard the phone.

"Hello mom. Is there anything you call me late at night?" It was her panicked voice in the phone that almost made her drop her phone.

"Irene, hurry up, your dad has just had a heart attack. Now he has to go to emergency"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 350 12
❝𝗜'𝗺 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜'𝗺 𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁 𝗮𝗱𝗺𝗶𝗿𝗲. 𝗦𝘂𝗿𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗲?❞ ➵ 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙙𝙖𝙮, 𝙨𝙚𝙪𝙡𝙜𝙞 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙖�...
6.5K 224 13
-GOT7 -BTOB -BTS -TWICE -REDVELVET -ETC. -Wendy -Mark -Taehyung (V) -MarkDy -WenV -WenBam -WenJin -WenIel -WenSeul (Seulgi and Wendy's frienship is g...
123K 4.3K 47
A story of a single mother and workaholic cafe owner. It's all about their dreams and thier own demons
28.5K 1.1K 22
wrote this 2 months ago but only publishing it now on 08/10/22 started: 05/08/22 published: 08/10/22 completed: 16/01/24