Keep Your Enemies Close (Rema...

By myneighbourisloud

Hello! This is a Clexa story! Lexa Woods is a detective and Clarke Griffin is a criminal. Lexa's job is to ca... More

2) Plans (Remastered)
3) The Stealing (Remastered)
4) Consequences (Remastered)
5) Evolving (Remastered)
6) Preparations (Remastered)
7) Reckoning (Remastered)
8) Halloween (Remastered)
9) Surprise, Surprise (Remastered)
10) Are You Fucking Kidding Me (Remastered)
11) Yes Ma'am (Remastered)
12) The Fine Art Of Cheating (Remastered)
13) The Games I'd Play For You (Remastered)
14) Chapter Jealousy Part One (Remastered)
15) Keep Your Enemies Close(r) (Remastered)
16) I'm Not Ready To Die, Not Yet (Remastered)
17) Reparations (New Chapter)

1) New Case (Remastered)

3.7K 85 71
By myneighbourisloud

Lexa's POV

As soon as I stepped out of my house, it started to rain.
Of course. This is the first day after my vacation, and it already starts like shit.

I got in my car and I drove to the police station. I have been a detective for 3 years now, but I only got small and easy cases.

I opened the door and stepped in. At the exact moment, the raining stopped. I told you this day sucks.

- Good morning Detective Woods, how is it going? - one of my colleagues asked, I believe his name is Roan.

- Actually, it is -But he interrupted me before I could finish.

- Anyways, the Lieutenant is waiting for you at his office, so you can finish your story there, if he's interested.

I groaned and walked towards the office. This Roan is such a dick.

- Good morning, Lieutenant Titus. How can I help you?

- Hello Detective Woods. How are you today?

- I'm not falling for that again. Fool me once, shame on you, - I started

- Fool my twice, shame on me. I know Detective Woods, but I'm really intrigued about your morning, because I have an important job for you. I see you got soaked by the rain.

- Yes, unfortunately. The rain isn't my most beloved buddy right now. But that's not what you wanted to discuss, is it?

- No, I have a job for you. I think you had enough practice with the little cases, so I can give you a bigger bone now.

- Really?

- Have you heard about the criminal who goes by the nickname "Wanheda"? We don't know his real name yet, so that is one of the things you will have to find out.

- Why do you presume they're a he? - I winked.

- Because he has pulled some big robberies I've never seen even Thelma and Louise do, but look at it yourself. Everything we know is in this folder.

I took it from him, and started to read the papers.

- So they are 5'4 feet tall, looks muscular, has companions who help them escape and they haven't killed anybody. Yet.

- Well, you'll see. Hopefully you won't be his first victim. We have to take him down, before he actually does any harm.

- Got it. Do I get a partner?

- You can choose. At this moment only Detective Roan and Detective Octavia is free. Who do you choose?

- Without consideration, I choose Octavia of course.

I didn't know who she was, but she can't be worse than Detective Dick.

- Okay then I will let her know. You can leave now. Good luck!

Clarke's POV

- Rae, we are late from our own fucking robbery!

- Chill Clarke, just a few seconds, and I can put the cameras on a 10 minute loop. So it will play the previous 10 minutes over and over again.

- That's brilliant! But please hurry, the more time we spend here, the more likely we will fail this mission.

And we can't let that happen. Not again.

I looked out of the car's window nervously, observing the cafeteria we are going to rob. I don't want to do this, taking money from innocent people, but I have to.

My dad owed to Mr. Kane, and his debts were so huge, that after he died, I had to continue paying money to Kane. My father died from a bullet wound, because a police officer shot him. I was 5 when that happened.

Raven has debts too, her mother was a junkie and she was always drunk, so she spent all of their money before she died because of OD. (overdose)

I worked with Finn, Echo, and Murphy too. I did the captaining, Raven did the technical parts so she was our mechanic, Finn, Echo and Murphy covered us.
We all had guns, although we hardly used them. We tried to spare the innocents, but if someone resisted, we tried not to kill them.

So far we succeeded doing so, but the crew is like my family, and I can't let anything bad happen to them.

- It's ready, let's go guys! - Raven said.

We put our masks up, and went inside.

- Everyone, it's a robbery! Put your hands up, and don't do anything stupid. Stay calm and no one gets hurt. - Finn shouted.

The people looked intimidated, but they did everything Finn told them to.

I pointed my gun at the bartender, and asked for the money. She slowly packed some into a bag, and tried to cover her head, if she could protect it from the bullets.

- Calm down, I won't shoot you if you obey. Hell, maybe I would even date you if I weren't a criminal.

I had a manly voice, because Raven managed to get me an audio distorter. That's why everyone thinks I'm a man, and this helps me protect my identity, plus I can flirt shamelessly.

The bartender looked nervously at the cash register, then at someone behind me.
I noticed that one of the hostages was probably trying to warn the police on his phone.

- What are you doing? Did you think I wouldn't notice?

- I'm sorry, but I thought that..

- Nonono.. You thought, right? Hey guys! I found us a volunteer to be the hostage at our getaway! - then I turned to the bartender - Now give me the money or he's gonna lose a limb.

She gave us the money, and we went outside with our hostage.
The police was already there. Perfect. I bet that they gave someone this case and we will be investigated after we escape.

- If you don't want this man dead, let us go! - I shouted.

Then another police car came. It was driving really fast until it abruptly came to a stop, blocking the only way out of the parking lot.

One officer, who was still a little soaked from the rain exited the car, with no sign of her previous dramatic entrance. She quickly glanced around the place until she noticed our little group of suspicious people with masks on.

She eyed us a little bit while we were trying to walk towards our car, and her powerful emerald glance stopped on me, which ironically stopped me in my tracks.

I looked away as quickly as I could, but damn that glare was heavy.

Raven noticed the sudden change in my movement, so she quickly signaled the group to slow down and make our stand here.

The officer was talking to someone on her walkie-talkie, I couldn't quite get out exactly what she was talking about, but she seemed calm, and damn, was she great at holding eye contact. (Yeah of course I looked there again, can you blame me?)

One of the officers who were already here before her, a man have had enough of our little power game, and aimed the gun at me while slowly making his way closer. I pushed my pistol into the hostage's waist from behind, so he could shield me from the man.

-Don't step any closer. We are leaving peacefully, and no one gets hurt.

- Go back Roan, let me handle this. It's mine and Octavia's case after all. Even if only one of us is here.

- Don't act like this is a big deal, just shoot their leader and get it over with, Detective Woods.

So that's probably her surname. And she is the detective that was so lucky to get our case. I was more satisfied with her way of negotiating than the threating "Roan"-kind, so I motioned to the others, trying to persuade them to go, I will handle this with my charm.

Wrong.

Not that my charm wouldn't have worked, but there was a little problem. I felt a sudden pain in my chest.

It hurt, even though I had bulletproof vest on me. I was shot. I looked up, and saw Roan with a satisfied look on his face.

- What the fuck did you do? - Detective Woods rebuked him, and leaning out of her cover a little to check the damage.

I saw Raven going for our getaway car from the corner of my eyes, so I had to draw everyone's attention to me. I had to pretend that I didn't have a vest on me, but there wasn't any blood, so I had to cover the "wound" with my hands.

I dropped the gun next to Murphy, and he picked it up. I covered the fake wound, and I had a painful expression on my face.

- Are you okay? - the Detective shouted from afar.

- Are you serious? - I raised an eyebrow (under the mask, genius move), but still panting heavily to make it believable. How could I be okay? I just got shot in the chest. Although it was just a sting, and I could seriously get an Oscar for this performance.

Fuck. Fuckfuckfuck fuuuck. I had my normal voice again. The audio distorter was probably damaged by the bullet, so my fake tone disappeared.

- Wait. Was that a woman's voice? - The detective tilted her head.

- Hell no. He is our leader, and we wouldn't follow a female. - said Finn, which sounded really problematic, so good thing it was lie. I still got a little offended by it.

The detective looked away nervously. At that moment, Raven drove between us and the police, and we quickly got in.

I pushed the hostage towards the hottie. Detective Woods looked back at us with a shocked face, and I winked.

She pointed her gun at us, but she didn't shoot. We managed to get away before the police could follow us, and we were finally relieved.

I almost died because of that dick Roan. But the real enemy is Mr. Kane. He makes us work illegally. I won't be able to do this forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 624 84
What will happen when Clarke abusive ex boyfriend escape detention ? What will the repercussions be in her life ? And will she be able to surpass the...
898 27 18
Clarke hasn't seen Lexa in over 8 years. When she finally does Lexa is definitely not the same person she was when she left. Clarke and The Breakfast...
94.2K 3.2K 52
(this is kind of poorly written) Clarke lives in TonDC, New Jersey and she's seventeen. She's been bullied almost all of her lie. She has no friends...
183K 6.2K 70
Popular artsy girl, Clarke Griffin goes to Polis High with her best friends Octavia and Raven. They navigate their happy lives as the get into relat...