Fifty One Days

By Rebecwealth145

Ali Oliver had it all figured out..amazing job, great friends and the fact she was 26 and owned several big h... More

Chapter One 'Them'
Chapter Three 'The arrangement'
Chapter 4 'The beach'
Chapter 5 "The date"
Chapter 6 'The first time'
Chaper 7 'The morning after'
Chapter 8 'Turning 27'
Chapter 9 'Alone again'
Chapter 10 ' The Wedding'
Chapter 11 'The secret'
Chapter 12 'Is he serious!'
Chapter 13 'Mr right? or Mr right now?'
Chapter 14 'Complicated'
Chapter 15 'The day I turned 28!'
Chapter 16 - 'The hospital'
Chapter 17 'I think its broken'
Chapter 18 'Friends with what?'
Chapter 19 'Steph's news'
Chapter 20 'Baby love'
Chapter 21 'Showers'
Chapter 22 'Colson'
Chapter 23 'The Favour'
Chapter 24 'Loweri'
Chapter 25 - Through his eyes'
Chapter 26 'The decision'
Chapter 27 'London'
Chapter 28 'Confused'
Chapter 29 'Tea and toast'
Chapter 30 'This or That?'
Chapter 31 'London baby'
Chapter 32 'Scared'
Chapter 33 'Facing him again'
Chapter 34 'Perfect'
Chapter 35 'Italian'
Chapter 36 'Lashes and lipstick'
Chapter 37 'The future'
Chapter 38 'The L word'
Chapter 39 'You're the one'
Chapter 40 'Roses'.
Chapter 41 'Back in the Shire'.
Chapter 42 'The date is set'
Chapter 43 'Just breakfast'
Chapter 44 'I need your help....Again'
Chapter 45 'Déjà vu'
Chapter 46 'You told him what?!?'
Chapter 47 'In limbo'
Chapter 48 'He loves me. Doesn't he?'.
Chapter 49 'Take me back to London'
Chapter 50 'Is that your final answer?'
Chapter 51 'Fifty One Days later'
Chapter 52 'Rewind'.
Chapter 53 'Peace at last'
Chapter 54 'The happiest day of my life. Isn't it?'
Chapter 55 'Here to help'.
Chapter 56 'Perfection'
Chapter 57 'Christmas is cancelled'.
Chapter 58 'My girl, her love'
Chapter 59 'Pretending'
Chapter 60 'A new nightmare'

Chapter Two "The night out"

519 26 31
By Rebecwealth145

It was a typical Friday night for us. It started as it always did. We had all finished work for the weekend, been to the supermarket to buy snack food and alcohol for the night.

Me and Steph are just sitting on the floor in Steph's room, swapping make up, helping with each others hair, swapping stories on the men we liked. We were in the middle of swapping sex stories. Now up until this point in my sex life hadn't been the most adventurous.

My first ever boyfriend was a boy called David, he was so sweet and kind and we were still and still are great friends. He was my first ever boyfriend, we got together when we were about 13, we stayed together until we were 17. We were both each others firsts. He was gentle and loving, not a clue what he was doing but I couldn't have wanted my first time to be any other way. Most of my friends at the time lost their virginity to a random boy in the back of their car or in a field somewhere!

My first time was great, well not great but it was more great than my friends first. We were in his bedroom, his parents had gone out, we had tried to have sex before but not only was it painful, one of his family members always kept walking in, so here we are, a week shy from my 16th Birthday and it happened. The way I had been brought up was to only have sex when you really felt ready, my parents didn't expect me to wait till marriage or anything but just to be sure and be safe. It didn't last very long and he had no idea what to do, well neither of us did but he was gentle and loving and we were 'in love' and that's all that mattered.

Steph on the other hand had a bit more of an unconventional start to her sexual life. Her first time was with an older friend of her parents. Jonathon was 41, he was staying at their house when she was 17 and a few drinks later, Steph being the old soul she is, loved the way he talked about things she was interested in, things boys her own age couldn't even imagine talking about, the way he didn't see her as an object but an actual person and after her parents went to bed and one thing led to another. They kissed on that first night and he swore he had to stay away from her because of her age, but Steph was persistent and eventually he succumbed.

They actually stayed together for about a year after that. Her parents never knew of course and from that moment on she never looked at anyone under the age of 40. Well I say that but she actually finally decided that after she slept with his son a few months after Jonathon said he couldn't see her anymore. I told you it was unconventional. He said he wanted her to have kids and get married and he couldn't offer that. She was distraught, thought he was running from making a commitment.

Paul, Jon's son delivered a letter to her parents house from Jon explaining why exactly he couldn't see them anymore, which caused a massive argument between Steph and her parents who knew nothing of this. Steph could understand why he broke things off with her but couldn't understand why he sent that letter. Coward couldn't even face them.

So when Steph saw Paul a couple of months later, she couldn't help but get her revenge. Paul who knew nothing about all of this, fell right into her trap. He later told all of his friends after Steph said she didn't want to see him again, thinking it was her first time, he told them some pretty vile (and lies) stuff about her and well Steph being Steph announced to the whole pub that she had shagged his dad and well let's just say this boy was less than impressed.

Probably even less impressed was Jon's wife, who he had never mentioned, hence the break up...what a dog! And we later found out, it was Mrs Jonathon who sent the letter. She stormed over to Steph's parents house and had it out with Steph in the street for not only taking her husband but also screwing her son for revenge, her parents had enough, said they couldn't deal with the embarrassment and told Steph to leave. She got Jenna, my agents number from Jon. He said he would help her find somewhere to live because he was the reason she needed to find somewhere, so for the last year she has lived with me, Jon has been paying her rent and bills.

Steph works In a bar across town so she has plenty money considering she's not paying for anything. Steph once said to me she was getting creepy messages off loads of elderly men on her dating app, I asked her what her maximum age limit was set as and her reply.. "I have a minimum but no maximum"....like bloody hell! I did have to laugh, I mean as long as she's being safe who am I to judge.

So here we are swapping sex stories, like I said David was my first, then I had a boyfriend Kyle for a few months, he was great until he wasn't! He cheated on me, ending our 6 month, short relationship. We did briefly get back together but more on that later. He taught me to never accept less than I deserve, it was a big lesson I needed to learn. Kyle was good at the stuff. You know the stuff! Like the stuff that comes before sex, he was good at the sex too don't get me wrong but especially good at the stuff! He had great big hands and tattoos all over his arms and back. He had dark black hair and stunning green eyes. He was a lot taller than me and he started a whole new way of life for me. He's the reason I love tattoos and taller guys with darker features.

David was beautiful too, but he was only slightly taller than me with blonde hair and blue eyes. He was of smaller build and I think maybe because I'm so little I like my men to tower over me, it feels more safe.

I got my first ever tattoo at 18 from a dodgy shop in London, the guy was a creep and charged me hardly anything. It was a butterfly and I loved it. I have loads of tattoos now, and even though it was done pretty badly in this dingy back room of this so called tattoo shop, it's one of the few bad ones I have I've never covered over and probably never will.

I'd had 2 one night stands after Kyle but that was it and they aren't even worth explaining. No other boyfriends and no other sexual stories to tell. Steph was in full swing tonight, telling me all about candle wax, clamps and god knows what....you'd have thought as she's into older men this would terrify them but according to Steph older men are a LOT more open than you think. More experience she says!

After we were ready to go, we joined everyone else in the kitchen. I'd opted for a white dress with red heels and red lipstick with a white clutch bag. My hair was straightened with one side pinned back. Steph was wearing a black and white dress with trainers. She was already pretty tall so she didn't need the heels. Her beautiful blonde hair piled on top of her head in a neat bun. Her make up was slightly more overdone than usual but not too much, she just didn't need it. Everyone was pretty drunk at this point so we decided to get a taxi straight to town.

After a short taxi ride later, everyone else decided to go to one of the quieter pubs first, it was probably quite early still maybe 9pm and most people wouldn't come into town till gone 11 maybe even 12.

Me and Steph decided to brave the only nightclub we had... Lola's!

Lola's is a snooker bar during the day in the week and nightclub at night over weekends, it's a beautiful Victorian building just like most in town. It was pretty cheap to get in, like £7 each or something but if you went in before 10pm you could get your stamp to get in for free as long as you bought a shot at the bar. So me and Steph to go get our stamp before 10, and as were walking towards the entrance two men are walking out of the nightclub towards us.

Normally I wouldn't have noticed but one was so different from anyone I had ever seen before. They were both tall, one slightly shorter than the other. The one on the left, the shorter one, was bald, quite muscular but not too much. I cant remember much about what he looked like because all of my attention was on the absolutely gorgeous man next too him.

He was about 6ft, both very muscular arms covered in tattoos, soft but stunning green eyes. Dark brown hair. He was wearing Jeans and a white shirt with clung to his obviously very well exercised body. We locked eyes instantly. I think I actually stopped dead in my tracks. I thought he would never look at someone like me. He was too beautiful. I could barely run up and down the stairs in the house without being out of breath and in front of me was the living Adonis.

As the men approached us, Steph who was also staring at the Greek god looking creature in front of us, which like I said she's likes older men and this man was probably around my age, maybe a little older, whispered to me "Oh my...GOD he is beautiful. He is like massively staring at you Ali, like he's either going to snog your face off or he's going to kill you " She chuckles at me!

"He's not looking at me Steph, I mean look at me"

" Girl, you are crazy, you are stunning, go talk to him"

My feet wouldn't move, let alone speak so when he approached us and spoke first I nearly passed out. What is wrong with me!

"I wouldn't bother going in there girls, its absolutely dead" His thick Scottish accent was to die for.

I finally found my voice which seemed like I'd been quiet for the most longest, embarrassing time ever. I kept repeating to myself, 'You are a strong, independent woman, and if he isn't interested then so be it'. Oh my god! What is wrong with me, he's only making conversation, who said he was interested. What is wrong with you girl, be normal, you speak to people all day long in your job. You own a company for Christ's sake. You have male staff. Talk to him!'

"Oh really? Yeah it's still pretty early"

We still hadn't broken eye contact.

"We are going next door, come have a drink with us"

I'm starting to panic hahaha. I can literally hear my own laughter, ringing round my head. Is this what going crazy sounds like?

Why on earth would he want a drink with us...oh yeah I'm with Steph....okay its Steph he's interested in. Of course it is.

We still haven't broken eye contact.

I had to break it to look at Steph who nods at me and we start walking behind them towards the next bar. We are both completely silent which as you can imagine doesn't happen often to us. This is ridiculous. We've talked to boys together before on nights out. We do this all the time. I do this all the time in work....oh my god...he smells absolutely amazing!

I speed up a little so I can get closer to him. Steph notices and let's out a little giggle, which both men noticed and turn to look at us. I could kill her right now.

We find out the Adonis is called Milo. He is from a small town in Scotland. His friend, who is attractive just in a different way, is called Lewis and is from England but he'slived in Scotland for the past few years.

They've both just moved down here for work at a nearby power station. A few of the other housemates have joined the table now, which I'm pretty glad for because I haven't had to make much conversation and I can look at him in a little more detail. Graham is banging on about the repercussions of power stations and what they do to the earth's atmosphere, I'm very interested in this too but Graham tends to tell me his opinion on it every time I see him so I've decided to tune out of that conversation.

Dan is actually out with us tonight which is unusual because he normally has Liz on weekends. He's at the bar talking to Luke, their both laughing and normally I would go over and join in but I can't seem to move away from this table. What is it about this man that is making me completely speechless? I watch him as he talks, his smile is the most infectious thing I've ever seen, and I catch myself smiling when he smiles. Every time I look up from my drink, his electric green eyes are staring right back at me. I'm normally the one chatting away, most days you can't get me to shut up. I catch myself thinking 'Has he got a girlfriend? Of course he has, why wouldn't he? I wonder what it would be like to kiss him?' His lips look so kissable.

I excuse myself to the toilet before I jump across the table to kiss him.

When I return, he's no where to be seen, neither is Steph, my heart absolutely sinks. I knew it. I knew it would be Steph. I just didn't think he would be her type and she told me to go for it. I sit and chat to the gang we are with for a while, but he is yet to return with Steph. She could be in toilet for all I know and he could have left, no his mate is still here and Steph's bag is missing.

I decide after an hour of no returns, it's time for me to take my leave. Christ...what if she brings him home with her, or maybe their already there? I've known Milo for 5 minutes and I already feel like he should be mine. I say goodbye to everyone and make sure they've all got money for taxis and food and I head outside. I do contemplate staying at a friends house or the office just in case she has brought him home. 'God get a grip Oliver!'

"Hey Alice, wait up" His accent gives him away instantly.
I turn round and he's lightly jogging toward me.

"Where you going?" His hands slide into his pockets and I imagine them running through my hair.

Stop thinking it Ali!

"I'm just off home. I'm not feeling it tonight"

"Oh okay that's a shame" He actually looks a little disappointed. Maybe he thinks Steph will be coming home with me.

"It was nice to meet you Milo, maybe see you round?" Damn, I sound too hopeful.

"Aye well I hope so, I mean I gave Steph my number, I thought you'd..." his phone cuts him off.

He has a brief conversation with who I assumed was Lewis...

"Yeah I'll be back now Pal, I'm just outside, two secs, stay with Steph, she's cool"

My heart sinks again. I cant help but stare at him. He bites his lip slightly when he's talking sometimes, he seems like a very confident person but there's a certain softness to him...my god I'm going soft! I force myself to look away but he catches me looking at him and flashes me a 'weak at the knees smile' and I cant help but smile back. He gave Steph his number though, not me, Steph!

My taxi has pulled up so I start making my way across the road, his brows knot together when he realizes I'm leaving. He hangs the phone up as I get into the passenger seat..."give me your phone" he almost demands it with a big palm out stretched to me, I don't know why but I pass it over. It's like I've just lost all self control.

His fingers make light work and he's soon passing it back to me.

"I hope to see you soon Alice"

"You can call me Ali, but yeah I hope so too Milo"

I think 'Yeah soon, but hopefully not at my breakfast table tomorrow morning with Steph' I close the taxi door and as it pulls away into the night, I cant help but look back at him.

We get stuck behind a group of drunk people in the road. He's still staring at the taxi when Steph emerges from the pub and puts her arm round him, he laughs and something she says and they walk back towards the bar together. I can't look anymore. I barely know him. It's not me his interested in. I'm the type of girl, that I will always be happy if my friend is happy. So there we are, I could be friends with him....then the most horrendous image of him kissing Steph makes me feel a little sick.

I look down at my phone in my lap, I scroll through. He's put his number in with the name as 'Milo, you'd better call me beautiful" my heart skips a beat for a second but then I remember he also gave his number to Steph. I quickly decide that he must be a player.

A man as beautiful as that doesn't just have one girl and I live with Steph, I don't want to make this awkward so with a quick decision before I change my mind, I delete the contact. Even if Steph does bring him back, he's not her usual type and he won't last long with her, probably not even until tomorrow morning so I'll probably never see him again. I stare forward as we continue to drive into the night.

I finally get home, I change straight into my pyjamas. Take all my make up off, chuck a pizza in the oven and plop myself straight on the settee...why can't I stop thinking about him? Why do I feel annoyed that he's talking to Steph? Why did I delete his damn number!

There's a knock at the door which breaks me from my obsessive thoughts and that's what they are obsessive, I have never felt like this before about a man I've said 3 sentences too! I pull myself up and open the door. Standing on my doorstep looking like he's just stepped out of a magazine.... I'm absolutely speechless. What is he doing here? I can't speak. No this time I will speak! I don't know what to say hahah. There's that laughter in my head again and suddenly I cant decide when it's my own subconscious laughing at me or the universe.

My life is a joke!

This man I have known for Three hours is standing on my door step and I had absolutely no idea that this beautiful man in front of me was about to change my life forever.

My 2nd Chapter guys. Hope you enjoy. Any comments much appreciated. I'm really enjoying this but if its rubbish please let me know or if you're enjoying it please let me know. Dont forget to vote on each chapter too. Thanks guys. 📖❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.2K 1.8K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...
265K 6.9K 52
Daphne believed that one day she will find her love in a gentlemen who will be cute and sweet. Her perfect definition of her Knight in shining armour...
579K 34.1K 43
A younger sister cannot wed before an older sister. It's a law of their society, a rule vehemently obeyed by prominent families in the nobility, and...
486 78 27
Third year university student Zack Zephaniah has been trying to get on with his life after a recent "mutual" breakup with ex, Ariah Kaur. But in his...