First Love at Second Life ( H...

De Stars_in___

Diana is a 28th years old single woman who's patient and caring for her bed-ridden father. The only joy and s... Mais

The Beginning of an End
Advancement
Into The Game!
Love at Second World
Spread the Wings
Worriness
First Bloom
Forgotten Petals
Laugh in The Afternoon
First Goodbye
Prayer Hour
First Step
Blue and Red Haori
Miracle in Progress
Second Meeting
Blood Weaver
Laugh on The Blood
Unforgotten Temple
The Unbent Rules
With the Scholar
What's Stay Invisible
Light Talks, Dark Thoughts
The Walls Have Eyes and Ears
Truth to be Told
Baby Blue
Following the Winds
Love That Stuck in Time
The Fated Night
To Meets End Night
What Lurks in The Eyes
Hierarchy
Confession
Forged Route
Blurry Vilain
Deeper Step
Dull Knife, Sharp Beads
What the Heart Chose
The Void
Breath a Life
Unwordly Prayer
White Complex
Behind the Curtain
Behind the Curtain (2)
Side by Side
Lotus at Night
The Truth Upon the Veil
The Truth Under the Veil
The Sun and Moon
Bell of Truth
Ghostly Step
Truth of Emerald
Pity and Grace
The Revelation at Dusk
Bring Back Love
What The Shoulder Carry
Cry of Order

Reconnect : The Story Begins

760 30 4
De Stars_in___

" ... Just because you're going to apply as a physician in here, doesn't mean that you get off easily from breaking one of the rules! "
The man who's always been strict to others and himself...

" P-please! I beg your pardon... samurai-sama. "

" Samurai?  What makes you think I'm a samurai? "

" Eh?! What the hell is this man talking about now? How should I know? I only said that to please you so I won't get myself in deeper trouble! "
Shun thought as her brain raging in storm.

" Umm... because— "
She was planning to lift her head up and take a look at the man before her, so she can make an excuse about the reason she said that— but it gets halted by the man's warning.

" Who said you could lift your head? "

" I-I-I'm sorry! "

" ... We're samurai, or at least we're striving to be one. Everyone in here has the resolve to die, give me a damn good reason why should we accept you—a physician— who's clinging to life, in our side? "

"........ If... if samurai-sama allow me to say my humble reason... then... it's because, in all honesty, no human wanted to die early. In some cases, even though one already lived a long life, as long as they still have something to do in life, or something which make them happy, they didn't want to let go of this... fleeting life. My job as a physician is to help those kinds of people to reconnect their life with the reason which keep them alive. "

Although Shun's back begin to hurt from prostrating this long, and she still gets slightly intimidated by the man's aura in front of her, she didn't stutter her reasoning even the slightest bit.

Shun can't exactly remember since when she feels strongly about life like this, but if one should say, then perhaps it's the responsibility as a Yokai Priest which shaped her heart up. Someone who's always appreciating life and death, one that should not be judged only by a man-made law.

The man is still in silence from her answer. Shun cannot see what kind of expression does the man make to her answer, but it seems like the man is not as angry as before.

" So you're saying that even I still have an attachment to life? "

" This is a double-edge sword question... Wether I choose no or yes, he will strike me again. Then... I should just dodge! "
After recollect her composure and think throughly with her head, she knows how to handle this situation with care.

" Pardon me, samurai-sama. Though my job is to reconnect those people with their will of life, if the person in question didn't ask me to help them, then there's no one for me to help. "

" Heh, so you're only going to help those who wanted to be helped, that's what you mean? "

"... Precisely, yes. "

The man seems pretty satisfied with her answer that she even heard him scoffed in interest. As long as Shun knows how to make herself valuable in this world, then she should be able to avoid trouble more easily.

" You passed, Shun Tanzaki. I accept you. "

" T-thank you, samurai-sama! "

" It's not samurai-sama. I'm Hijikata Toshizō, and it's Hijikata-san for you, Shun. "
His voice becoming more relaxed as well as getting closer to Shun.

Without further delay, Shun immediately lift her head up, not realizing that their face now is just a cm away.

Both of them are surprised. Shun is surprised because she finally meet Hijikata again after many years, and Hijikata is surprised about the sudden gap between them. The next thing they know, both of their faces has turned bit red.

" H-Hijikata-San! "
She pulled herself away from the man, almost in teary eyes.

" Err.. y-yeah... it's been a long time, Shun. "
He still doesn't know how to act with the current Shun, so it's unavoidable for him to stutter like that.

It's becoming even more awkward when the two of them now stand across each other with not much height difference. In fact, the way Shun wear her hairstyle, make her slightly a bit taller than him, even though it's just because of the hair.

" Y-you've grown really well, I didn't notice it was you when we first bumped actually, haha. "
He awkwardly laughed it off.

" Y-Yes... Umm you too... Eh?! I-I mean, you've changed as well... like.. euh... your hair... is longer... I suppose... "
Shun haven't recovered yet from all the surprises of meeting Hijikata so suddenly and that face-to-face blushing a moment ago.

But, probably because how Shun is reacting that way, that Hijikata is reminded of how their first meeting was something messy like this as well.

" Pfft, ahahaha! Shun, I thought I wasn't recognizing you back there, but turned out you actually haven't changed that much, have you? "
He genuinely laughed while ruffling the woman's head—or actually just messing with her hair.

" Eh... what do you mean by that? "

" The only kid that can say something amazing so casually, yet stuttering with her words when it comes to me, of course it can only be you, Shun! "

" T-that's! Hijikata-San you were teasing me with that job applicant question, weren't you?! That's so mean! Even though I got accepted already by Kondou-San. "

" Kondou-San is Kondou-san. I'm different you know, but if Kondou-San trust you enough to let you join us as the physician in here, then I guess you're worthy enough to be trusted, eh. "
Hijikata stopped with his pat and crossed his hands under his sleeves.

The two of them then begin to talk as the vice-commander lead her back to the room.

" I told you before, didn't I? That I'll certainly join you. "
Sneered Shun.

" Yes you did. I trust you'll come to join us one day, though I never expect it to be as physician. "

" ... Are you disappointed? "
Asked Shun feeling a little bit down.

Seeing the all grown up kid still can make a childish expression like that make Hijikata actually sighed in a little bit of a relieved manner.

" Nah, I'm glad you're here to reconnect our will of fighting. "
He said with a reassuring smile.

————————————————————

Full house, is probably the most correct term for the situation Shun is in right now. Both figuratively and literally speaking.

" This is just how when the heroine, Chizuru, was caught up in the beginning of the story and where all the characters introduction begin. "
Shun thought, using the useful memory she has about this particular flow of story. Shun is well aware that the story might change due to her interference, so she will keep in mind to herself not to always rely on the game memory.

" Everyone, please meet Shun Tanzaki. She will stay here with us as a physician. "
Kondou-San open the introduction briefly before Shun continue it herself.

Shun didn't immediately bow to everyone, instead, first she tidy up her long sleeve with a firm swish to the back and then put both of her palm to the floor—followed with her back prostrating until her head touch the floor.

" Greetings, everyone. My name is Shun Tanzaki, I'm 21 years old woman who has been studying medicine for about 4 years and 1 and a half of practicing my skill in real life. It's truly an honor to meet you all, please take care of me. "

Hijikata has always been the straight man—as straight as an arrow even—but even himself is surprisingly pleased with how well and polite Shun has become.

Kondou is as happy and easy going as usual, he knew already that Shun can pull this off elegantly like in any normal day. In other hand, Okita is being Okita. Making himself comfortable no matter what situation he's in. He hardly even surprised with how well she introduced herself under this pressure.

But not for some of them though.

" Wait, it's a woman?! "
And there it is the usual canon ball—thrown by Heisuke Toudou.

" Puahahaha!! I knew it someone's going to say that! Hahaha, you get my applause, Heisuke-kun! "
Followed by Okita's laugh which undoubtedly sounds so satisfied with Heisuke.

" You two! You're being really disrespectful to Shun-kun. True that her build and face slightly look like of a guy, but that doesn't mean you should say it— "
Kondou-San meant good, but somehow...

" Kondou-san... you're making it worse. "
Commented Hijikata abruptly.

As the main person in this whole confusion, Shun couldn't help it but to break a small laugh.
" Haha, it's alright everyone. People mistaken me as guy or being confused about my gender is already an everyday occurrence to me. However, whether you see me as man or woman, I hope you will treat me as well as any human being. "

" I'm sorry, alright? For having mistaken you as a man. I bet it's not just me though, right, Shinpachi-San? "
Said Heisuke in his defense.

Though... it seems like Shinpachi is not good dealing with this confusion as well.

" E-eh? Ah... o-o-of course not... you're totally, certainly, for sure, the only one, Heisuke. "
Said the muscle man with a twitching smile.

At that moment, everyone's basically agreeing with Shinpachi reaction.

" Alright alright, we should put a stop in this conversation. "
A scholarly-looking man with big round glasses clapped twice at the beginning of his sentence, making all the attention back to the introduction session.

" My name is Sannan Keisuke, I work as the Secretary-General of the Shinsengumi. Sometimes I research on medicine as well, I hope we can get along, Tanzaki-kun. "

" I'll be in your care, Sannan-San. Oh and, everyone please just call me Shun. "
She bowed once again to the group in front of her.

" As you know already, I'm Hijikata Toshizō, the Vice-Commander of Shinsengumi. Just because we know each other pretty well, doesn't mean you can get away easily if you caught up breaking the rule! "
Hijikata smiled, though the furrows on his forehead still not ceased away.

" I'm the captain of the first division of Shinsengumi, Okita Soujirou. Im strong and skilled in killing people, if you do anything funny I can practice my skill on you with pleasure. "
Okita winked playfully with his usual glaring eyes.

" I'm Kondou Isami, the commander of Shinsengumi. Although you might not going to see me often, I hope you can feel at ease in here and work well with us. "
Kondou being the prim and kind man he is give a reassuring smile to Shun.

" I'm Nagakura Shinpachi, I lead the 2nd division. If you ever wanted to drink just call me up, I can show you some real nice places! "
It looks like that Shinpachi has gotten over his embarrassment from before and now he's grinning like usual.

" My name is Saito Hajime, head of the 3rd division. "
As expected from the most quiet one. She knew already how shy this guy actually is.

" My name is Inoue Genzaburo, I'm the captain of the 6th division. Nice to meet you, Shun-kun. Oh and please let me say this, though most people mistook you as a man, honestly your way of talking and etiquette are beautiful as well as elegant. "
Inoue smiles gently who's sitting beside Shun.

" Maa, to even notice the way I talk, you praise me too much, Inoue-dono. "
Replied Shun with a deep bow.

" Umm... well, I'm Toudou Heisuke. I'm in charge as the captain of the 7th division. A-and... sorry about before, Shun-San. "
In Shun's eyes, Heisuke can't ever be wrong. Because she always wanted a younger brother, that particular reason always get in the way of her work.

Just like how Shun treat Okita, even though there's only one age gap between them, Shun couldn't help herself but to see Okita as the younger brother that in tantrum.

" It's alright, Heisuke-kun. I'm not bothered by it at all. Please come to me whenever you feel pain in anywhere, alright? I'll be sure to treat you as best as I can. "
Shun smiled sweetly at the young boy with her slanted eyes.

" Well... I'm the last captain, and I think we've introduced ourselves to each other before, right? And it's only this afternoon... Hahaha. But again, glad to be working with you, Shun. "

" Haha, you're right, Harada. I'll be in your care. "

Now that Shun have met everyone—more or less— and introduce herself, she can finally left her head up to the world and begin to make a story, a place of her in the Shinsengumi.

" At last... the story begins. "

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

18.4K 640 39
After her "death" the Shinsengumi continue to mourn their loss until by miracle and luck she is returned but on certain conditions set out by a mutua...
8.1M 465K 173
Rei, a former samurai lieutenant is reincarnated into the body of an 8 year old, who happens to be the main villainess in a romance novel for foreign...
745 48 11
"You'll protect me, right nemi?" "Yeah" She gave an adorable smile to him and he returned it by wrapping his tiny hands around hers and dragging her...
291 13 6
Washed up onto the shores of Kyōto amidst thrashing waves, Yasuda Shirofumi was swept straight into a den of samurais that she'd quickly learn was th...