Stay With Me

By leafyx

GARY OAK X READER Gary Oak was your childhood rival. After you are forced to travel with him, you find ways t... More

Chapter 1: A Journey With You...?
Chapter 2: You Have Your Fan Girls, So Why Do You Need Me?
Chapter 3: How Did You Find Me?
Chapter 4: I Want To Leave!
Chapter 5: Thinking... About... You?
Chapter 6: Just Like The Old Times
Chapter 7: Opposites Don't Attract... Right?
Chapter 9: Jealous Much?
Chapter 10: Discovering True Feelings
Chapter 11: What Confession Brings
Chapter 12: The Curse Strikes
Chapter 13: A Last Drop of Hope
Chapter 14: The Sun Shines Down
SEQUEL!!!

Chapter 8: A Battle Between Old Rivals

4.2K 210 109
By leafyx

??? P.O.V.

I watched in silence as the three legendary Pokemon of the Sinnoh lakes arrived back at Legendary Island, where all of us legendaries sometimes lived and rested at.

Hello, Lord Arceus, Uxie murmured, bowing at the throne of Arceus, the ruler of the PokeWorld. He sat, his face expressionless and cold as usual.

Welcome, Legendary Trio of Sinnoh," Arceus replied. Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf nodded politely.

You wished to see us, correct? Mesprit asked. Arceus floated down from his throne. I disappeared into the shadows, wanting to hear the conversation.

Yes, indeed. You do realize this vow you've made with the young girl Ana is unbreakable, do you not? You'll eventually have to obey her commands. Azelf frowned.

How can we do such a terrible thing? it asked. "t's cruel, but also dangerous as well. Arceus nodded.

I am sure he is well aware of those things. But with the power of three, don't you think you can do anything? I cut in, appearing from the shadows. uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit glared at me.

Hello ,Uxie, Mesprit, and Azel greeted me, curtly and in unison. Arceus inclined his head.

Ah. How nice for you to join us. Arceus said. But I'm afraid that these three Pokemon, even if they have the power, will not obey their orders.

The power of three is the strongest. Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres. Suicune, Raikou, Entei. Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza. Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf. Dialga, Palkia, Giratina. Regirock, Registeel, and Regice. Verizion, Terakion and Cobalion. Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem. Do you not understand? Ho-Oh and Lugia were overpowered because they were only a team of two. Three is the most powerful number, my lord, I pointed out.

Indeed. However, this is none of your business, I'm afraid. Please leave now, Arceus said sternly. I smirked.

Gladly, my lord. I left, but I was still smirking to myself. Those three Sinnoh idiots won't know what hit them.

"Good morning, Espeon," (Name) yawned, stroking the head of her already-awake Pokemon, who mewed in greeting.

"Today's the designer's turn to have their Pokemon inspected, isn't it?"

"Yeah, so if you don't want to be late, you better get up now," a voice cut in. (Name) glared at Gary.

"What are you talking about? I'm not l-" She caught a glimpse of the bedroom clock. "HOLY MOTHER OF ARCEUS I'M LATE!! GET OUT, PORCUPINE!!!" She shoved Gary out of her bedroom and bolted out of bed to get ready.

Outside her bedroom door was a rather offended Gary. "Porcupine?"

When (Name) and Gary arrived at the studio, (Name) was a panting mess. "Arceus, Angela's gonna be furious!" She ran inside the studio while Gary casually walked in, carrying the clipboard of the results from yesterday's inspection of the models' Pokemon.

"I'm so sorry, Angela, I overslept, and-" Angela stopped (Name) mid-sentence.

"It's fine, really. Just go and get to work now, then, (Name) dear," Angela said. Luckily for (Name), she was in a good mood today. (Name) nodded and hurried off as Gary approached Angela.

"I've analyzed the inspection results, and here they are," he told her, handing her several sheets of paper.

"Thank you, Gary. You've honestly been a very big help." Angela smiled at the spiky-haired boy.

"It's really nothing, Angela. Thanks for letting me be here in the first place," Gary replied politely.

"Oh, it's no problem. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go take a look at these results." Angela left and went to her office.

Angela and (Name) sat in Angela's office, looking over the results. "It looks like this model's Pokemon are well cared for," Angela said. "Her name is Vanessa Brooks. Please put her on the model log for next week's fashion show." (Name) sighed, as she didn't like Vanessa, but did as Angela told her.

"I've got Vanessa's measurements here," (Name) told Angela. "I can start on her outfit, if you would like."

"That would be great, (Name)," Angela replied absentmindedly, not noticing the evil grin on (Name)'s face. (Name) and Espeon hurried to the sewing room, where (Name) smoothed out the paper.

"Espeon, they better be ready for a show," (Name) said to her Pokemon, grinning. She went over to the PC and put away her Starmie, retrieving her Leavanny's Pokeball. "Leavanny, come and help me now!"

"Leavanny!" Leavanny answered. 'Translation: I'll always be ready to help. But aren't those measurements a little off?' (Name) smirked.

"No, Leavanny, they're perfect. Trust me on this one. Now can you help me sew?" Leavanny looked at (Name) in bewilderment but began to work on the outfit anyway.

The whole time, Espeon was snickering while it watched her owner and Leavanny make the giant over-sized dress for Vanessa. "(Name)?" (Name) jumped.

"Oh, it's only you, Gary. Jeez, don't ever do that again, you gave me a heart attack," (Name) sighed in relief, mentally celebrating that it wasn't Angela. Gary sent her a weird look.

"Hey... well, that's a nice dress you've got there..." he said awkwardly. "Wait, scratch that, it looks absolutely hideous." (Name) just grinned.

"Well, it fits the personality of who's gonna wear this just perfectly! Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go and hang this up in the rack so it'll be ready for the fashion show!" A big smile on her face, (Name) walked out of the room with Espeon and Leavanny hot on her heels.

"What a weirdo..." Gary muttered as he watched the (h/c) haired girl go.

Later, after work, Gary and (Name) were in the apartment- arguing. What exactly had started this argument? Well, Gary's arrogance and (Name)'s short temper had gotten the best of them.\

"Ugh! Why the heck are you so annoying?!" (Name) exclaimed, glaring daggers at the brunette.

"Well, at least I'm not a weakling like you are!" Gary retorted. Big mistake right there.

"You idiot! Don't you know that I'm Kalos's Lady?! The strongest trainer in the region?!" she exploded.

"Oh yeah?! I don't think you can even beat me!" Gary shouted in reply. (Name)'s glare didn't falter.

"Wanna bet on it?" she asked him coldly. Gary returned the glare with equal force.

"Sure, why not?" Reaching for his Pokeballs, Gary took out six of them. "Let's have a full battle."

"Fine." (Name) went to her Pokemon PC and got out her famous powerhouses. "Let's see which one of us is better after all of these years."

The two teens, fueled by their anger, went to the local battlefield, where practice battles constantly took place. Although this wasn't a practice. To them, it was war.

"Electivire, I choose you," Gary said, releasing the powerful yellow and black striped Pokemon.

"Garchomp, come on out!" (Name) countered, releasing the ferocious Dragon-Ground Pokemon.

"Electivire, use Hyper Beam!" Gary commanded.

"Garchomp, quick, use Dig to dodge!" (Name) countered.

"Watch for the moving rocks, Electivire, and when Garchomp comes out of the ground, use Protect!" Both Pokemon's attacks failed to hit the other.

"Electivire, use Swift!"

"Garchomp, destroy the Swift with Dragon Rush!" Garchomp's claws cut through the stars, breaking their power.

"Electivire, use Agility, then use Ice Punch!"

"Garchomp, use Dragon Claw!" The two Pokemon charged at each other, and both attacks hit, sending both to the ground.

The battle was a tie so far. Gritting their teeth, the two trainers returned their Pokemon.

"Blastoise, I choose you!"

"Oh yeah? Deal with this! Zekrom, I choose you!" Gary's mouth dropped wide open as (Name) smirked.

"WHERE IN ARCEUS'S UNDERPANTS DID YOU GET A ZEKROM?!" he yelled.

"IT'S CALLED GETTING IT FROM YOUR FRIEND N!!" (Name) called back. A friend in Unova had given a Zekrom egg to her.

"Blastoise, use Ice Beam!" The Ice Beam did considerable damage, but Zekrom stood its ground.

"Zekrom, use Fusion Bolt!" The powerful bolt of electricity struck Blastoise hard, sending it flying.

"Blastoise, return," Gary said, looking livid. "Scizor, come on out!" The giant red bug with steel wings burst from the Pokeball.

"Zekrom, use Dragon Pulse!" Scizor barely flinched, which caused (Name)'s mouth to drop open.

"Scizor may not be a legendary, but I've trained him well! Scizor, use Metal Claw and finish Zekrom off!" Before (Name) could call out a command to Zekrom to dodge it, the Metal Claw hit hard, causing Zekrom to faint.

"Wha...? But how?!" (Name) exclaimed, surprised. Gary's smirk never left his face. "Ugh... stupid porcupine... Lucario, come on out!"

"Scizor, use X-Scissor!" Gary said. (Name) was ready this time. She was not letting him win!

"Lucario, dodge, quick, and use Aura Sphere!" Gary didn't bother telling his Pokemon to try and dodge; he knew that Aura Sphere was unavoidable.

"Scizor,use Bullet Punch!"

"Lucario, Close Combat!" The two attacks collided, and both Pokemon were standing, panting heavily, before both fell to the ground. They were still in a tie.

"Nidoqueen, it's your turn!"

"Milotic, get ready to fight!"

"Nidoqueen, use Stomp on Milotic!"

"Dodge and use Ice Beam, Milotic, quick!" The Ice Beam made Nidoqueen crumple, but it still managed to stand after a few seconds of laying on the ground.

"Nidoqueen, use Earth Power!" Milotic's HP was half gone, according to (Name)'s HP monitor. Nidoqueen was obviously really strong,

"Milotic, use Surf and finish Nidoqueen off!" The battlefield was swamped with water, and Nidoqueen lay fainted.

"Nidoqueen, return! Nidoking! Go!"

"Milotic, Water Pulse!"

"Dodge, Nidoking! Sludge Bomb!" Milotic was also down for the count. (Name) mentally cursed. One more Pokemon, and then she had to bring out her Espeon...

"Pyroar! I choose you! Use Flamethrower on Nidoking!"

"Nidoking, Sludge Bomb!" The two attacks collided, canceling each other out.

"Pyroar, use Fire Blast!"

"Nidoking, use Head Smash!" The two Pokemon charged, hitting each other head-on. Another tie.

"Well, I guess we're both on our last Pokemon, then!" (Name) said. Suddenly, she froze. Gary's last Pokemon was an Umbreon!

"Huh. Guess you'll be losing this battle after all. Umbreon!"

"E-Espeon," (Name) said quietly, as her loyal Pokemon went to stand in front of her. Sure, Espeon was a powerhouse, but what chance did a Psychic-type have against a Dark-type?

"Umbreon, use Dark Pulse!" Gary was ready to finish Espeon right off.

"Espeon!" (Name) cried as Espeon was hit. "Morning Sun, quick!" Morning Sun healed Espeon right up, although Espeon was still panting heavily.

"Umbreon, Toxic!" Gary commanded. (Name) smirked. Maybe he didn't know so much about Pokemon as he thought he did.

"Espeon!" Espeon cried as it was poisoned. Suddenly, a purple orb was launched back at Umbreon. It was Espeon's ability Synchronize! The status problem was given back to to Umbreon! Now both Pokemon were poisoned and slowly weakening.

"Espeon, use Hidden Power!" Espeon's Hidden Power, being the Fighting-type, did heavy damage to Umbreon.

"Umbreon! If you need to go down, take Espeon with you! Umbreon, Shadow Ball!"

"Espeon, Hidden Power!" The two opposites charged, their attacks resulting in an explosion. Please, Espeon, please...

As the smoke cleared, both Pokemon were fainted. Another tie. (Name) and Gary could just somehow not beat each other.

Their match had ended in a tie.

"Another tie, I see," Gary murmured, looking disappointed as he picked up Umbreon in his arms.

"I was so going to win that. You just got lucky, Porcupine," (Name) said softly, although she knew that her words weren't true. They were completely and utterly even in power. She picked up Espeon as well.

"Espi?"

"Umbri?" The two pokemon asked weakly as their trainers picked them up.

"Let's not worry about that now, we have to get our Pokemon to the Pokemon Center," Gary pointed out.

"You're right. We can argue later, you know," (Name) said, smiling slightly as they began to walk. Gary suddenly paused.

"Hey, who said I wanted to argue?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 2.3K 14
I'm so glad I got to do this story. I'm sorry it had to end but, I didn't know what to do next! But I'm glad a lot of you like the end result, I was...
123K 2.9K 34
Credit to the artist who drew that Bede art. "Shut up, be glad I went easy on you instead." -Bede You are Y/N L/N, you took on the gym challenge in t...
56.2K 843 43
If Leon vs. Alain, or the Tournament in the anime is not your cup of tea, why not read another version of the Masters 8? The story continues from Pok...