Lost and Broken (A Vampire Kn...

By LightofNightingale

Isolation. Depression. Rejection. Born with the eyes of her uncle, she was instantly rejected by her parents... More

Dear Y'all Wonderful Readers
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Author's Note
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 part I
Chapter 21 part II
Finale

Chapter 14

27.2K 971 66
By LightofNightingale

That day, Sara didn't go back to the Moon Dorms; neither did the twins go to class. They talked. They talked a lot. For the first time since she had awaken, she smiled. She never stopped smiling. 

 It feels nice to smile. 

"Sara"

"Mm hmm."

"So do you remember everything now? Like absolutely everything?"

"Um. I only remember the memories Shu showed me. So, I guess that's a no."

Ichiru nodded. He got into the duvet on one side of Sara, as the other silver head has already occupied the other side of their sister.

"Do you remember that we used to sleep like this all the time?"

"Mm hmm. I felt very warm and it still does." Sara replied as she snuggled further inside the duvet. 

"Sara."

She turned to face Zero, who smiled wider when he saw those beautiful mismatching eyes. 

"What is it, Zero-nii?"

He carressed her cheek with the back of his hand. 

"I'm just glad you're back. I will never lose anymore."

Sara grinned.

"I will never disappear like that again."

The boys hugged Sara and they drifted off to sleep.

.

.

"It's already time for class. Has anybody found Sara yet?"

"No, Kaname-sama." the Night Class students respond simultaneously.

Where are you?

Seiren landed from the top of the stairs in front of Kaname. 

"Kaname-sama. It seems that Sara-sama has regained some of her memories."

For a moment, the gentleman-like expression changed to relief and joy before quickly returning back to the normal expression.

"Is that so? Do you have any details to what memories?"

"No. However, Sara-sama is on her way back now so she should be arriving soon."

"Thank you Seiren."

As if on cue, Sara pushed open the doors to the Moon Dorms. She walked to Kaname.

"Sorry for the disapearance. I was just visiting the Kiriyu brothers."

"It's alright, Sara. Go get changed, we'll be leaving soon."

She nodded and quickly rushed to get dressed into her uniform.

.

.

"Sara."

"Hmm?"

The background sound of the fan girls screaming almost covered Kaname's saying. Sara squinted her eyes as the piercing squeals of excitement alerted her ear drums, forcing her to cover her ears with her hands. The day class students, fortunately, saw Sara's actions and reduced their volume. Sara realized this and gave them a slight smile, causing the fan girls to scream even louder. 

Sara sighed.

Is this going to happen every single time we walk down this bridge?

"Unfortunately, yes."

Sara turned to look at Kaname. She tilted her head slightly.

Did I say that out loud?

"The answer to that is yes."

Heat crept up her cheeks as she quickly hid her blush by turning her head away from Kaname. 

Kaname chuckled at the cuteness of Sara. 

I wonder if she remembered who I really am. I hope not. Well. Not yet.

"Kaname."

"Yes, dear Sara?"

Sara turned to look at Kaname. She opened her mouth before closing it again. 

"No- Nothing."

Kaname smiled lightly. 

"It's fine Sara. You can ask me anything you want."

Sara looked at him again. Hesitant whether to ask him or not.

"What are you to me?"

Kaname stopped walking. Making the rest of the Night Class students stop their steps. All the students looked at the two. 

Not yet, Sara.

He smiled.

"Sara-"

"Yuuki Cross! You only want to keep the Night Class to yourself! Why should we listen to you?"

"Yeah!"

Sara took a glance and saw a girl with short brown hair being pushed on the ground. There was a red band around her left arm with what Sara suspect is the school crest. In an instant, Kaname left her side to help that girl up. A pang of pain came cross her heart which made Sara put a hand where her heart was. 

What is this feeling?

"Yuuki. Are you alright?"

"Yea- Yeah! I'm fine, Kaname-sempai! Don't you worry."

"Yuuki... Why have you become so distant?"

"Wel- Well you are my saviour! I should be respectful."

The girl, Yuuki Sara had recalled, turned her head slightly; allowing to see her face. She had pale skin like hers and chocolate brown hair like her but straight. When Yuuki opened her eyes, the reddish-brownness brought a crash of  excruciating waves inside of her. Sara collapsed holding her head tightly with her hands, as if trying to protect her brain from any further damage by the pain. But Pain did not decrease any slightly, in fact, Pain continue to increase its levels, making Sara scream with agony. Kaname crouched down beside Sara saying something into her ears, which Sara could not hear as the amount of pain she received was blocking her from the concentration on hearing others. The day class students backed away and so did the majority of the Night Class students, leaving Kaname and Takuma helping the situation. Zero and Ichiru hurried to Sara's side trying to help their sister, with only Aido and Ruka stopping them to get any closer. Sara shut her eyes tightly. She could see some light flashing in a pumping manner but getting dimmer each time. Being tired from the torment, Sara let the light to slowly fade away.

"Why am I so unfortunate to have you?! The world is being so unfair to me! To let me give birth to such a disgraceful creature!"

"Juri. Calm down. Your gonna hurt our baby inside of you if you continue. Your rage also affect our baby."

Juri took in deep breaths and was lead by Haruka to sit down on the near by chair. Once he was sure that his wife was comfy on the chair, his face turned towards Sara so suddenly that Sara gasped in fear. He glared at Sara and within less than a second, Sara was pinned on the wall by her neck. Haruka tightened his hand around her neck making Sara desperate for air.

"You want to live in this house. You live by our rules. We are your masters. Not. Your. Parents. You will listen to any of our orders and if I find you crying one more time, I will not hesitate to kill you. Understood?"

The only 9 months old Sara nodded. Stopping her sobs immediately. Earlier on, Juri and Haruka heard Sara cry in the library. They heard Sara asking herself why Juri and Haruka don't love her even though she was their child. Sara still didn't understand why, but she dropped that question down. Having to have learned that lesson, she knew asking any further would only get herself hurt. 

.

.

Six months later, another Kuran Princess is born. Unlike Sara, Yuuki was the treasure of the family, the sunshine. Everyone's attention was centred around this Kuran Princess. She was loved by everyone. Sara could only watch from far, watching Yuuki grow up, each day getting prettier and Sara could only feel more disgusted of herself. She always thought it must be because she was ugly, everyone is disgusted by her. 

Even though everyone in the house, even the servants, seemingly hated Sara and treated her badly, there was always this one person who seem to pay her attention. This person would always talk to her, in fact is the one of the two people who would be kind to her. But after one night, everything changed. Sara had found her powers and would always lose control. People became afraid of her. Everyone stopped going close to her. Even the person she thought cared about her and noticed her. He came to see her less often. It became from seeing Sara everyday to once a week and eventually hardly anytime. She was all alone again.

.

.

.

Kaname caught another tear that has escaped from Sara's eyes. He knew she was gaining her memories and seeing Yuuki must have triggered the sad memories. He could feel her heartache. 

This is why I don't want her to remember. I want her to start anew. 

.

.

"Rido-sama. She has awaken."

He smiled evilly. His mix-matching eyes opened to stare at the lights of the human urban city.

"Good work. You may leave."

Rido laughed devilishly. 

"Now now now. The little Rose Princess finally getting up from her slumber. When your powers truly awakes, that's when we'll meet again. Sara."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

284K 7.6K 36
The end... for me, is only my beginning. Im due to perish from this life. But first ill kill Rido... for Kaname. DISCLAIMER: YOU CAN READ THE FULL...
252K 6.8K 28
**UNDERGOING EDITING** Sakura is the unknown daughter of Juuri and Haruka Kuran. No one knows of her existence except the Kuran family. Why? To prote...
87.3K 3.7K 46
[Vampire Knight Fan-fic] The Angelo Twins were born into one of the most powerful and respected Pureblood families, but while growing up the youngest...
200K 4.9K 38
yumi ran away from the kuran estate at a young age. she never felt loved only from her onii-sama kaname kuran. her heart shatered when she heard that...