Mine Till The End Of Time

By flyingforeverr

Theodora was walking into the village with her son when she stumbled across a half dead man. Even though she... More

Mine Till The End Of Time
Prologue
Chapter 1 An Angel
Chapter 2 My Angel
Chapter 3 Fire and Water
Chapter 4 Promises
Chapter 5 Fight or Flight?
Chapter 6 A Precarious Situation
Chapter 7 Her Laird and Master
Chapter 8 Laird Ian
Chapter 9 Fought and Claimed
Chapter 10 Planning Ahead
Chapter 11 Reliving the Past
Chapter 12 Lady Theodora
Chapter 13 A Feast Worth Devouring
Chapter 14 Marked as His

Chapter 6 A Precarious Situation

2.4K 92 2
By flyingforeverr

Thea trudged through the snow angrily. Erich's head bounced slightly against her breast with every step she took.

This was not what she had planned on.

She had waited till Ian had left and then scrambled to pack all of the things she would need to get by with Erich until they came to a town that she felt safe in.

And when she went outside to place her belongings on her horse...she found the noble stead had been taken by that insufferable and arrogant man!

That bastard.

Because of this new inconvenience, her so called grand plan had to be changed...

She had taken another route back into the village in hopes of getting there faster, and was hoping that Ian would find it difficult to remember where her cottage was.

She was also hoping that whenever he found her...he would leave well enough alone.

~~~

Ian had wasted no time in getting back to the fort. When he threw the doors open to his keep, he immediately summoned Angus.

"My Laird, I am glad ta have ye back!" he bellowed, his eyes smiling and placing his strong arms on his Lairds shoulders.

Ian nodded in thanks.

"Aye," he answered. "I need ye ta assemble three of yer fastest men. Have them saddle their horses and also two more."

"Ian," came a voice not heard from in some time.

Ian turned to see his father standing in the archway of one of the halls at the top of the stairs. He slowly walked down the stairs, drawing his sword half way towards Ian.

"We will bring mo' than three ta avenge yer-"

"Nay, father!" he called up. "We are no' goin' after them yet."

Alaisdair's face twisted into an angry frown.

"What do ye intend ta do then, son?"

"Retrieve Lady McKellan."

~~~

Thea had reached the outskirts of the village and was about to take a step towards the largest home, when an shrewish voice began calling out to her.

"Whore!"

Thea stood straight and tall, refusing to turn and acknowledge the woman.

"Slut!"

Thea flinched, and then suddenly turned when she heard a male voice reprimanding the woman.

"Wha' have I said, MaryBelle?" he demanded. The man stood at just under six feet, with a large beard and generous gut. Thea couldn't help the smile that came to her face.

Good old, Gavin.

He was one of the woodsmen of the clan and was one of the nicest people she had ever met in her whole life. He had been nice enough to supply her with wood since she first arrived at the McKellan clan. Unfortunately, Gavin's wife didn't hold the same feelings as her husband..

"She'll bring the Laird down on our heads, you idiot!" she screamed.

"Naw, MaryBelle-"

"What did you say?" Thea said, rushing up to the woman. "What about the Laird?"

MaryBelle turned her wrinkled face towards her.

"I was standin' right oer' there!" she yelled, pointing to the town square, "a little while ago and the Laird rode up wif a few soldiers. They lookin' fer you!"

"They were askin' fer ye, Theodora," Gavin said, placing his hands on his wife's soldiers and pulling her back slightly.

Thea felt her body shiver. Was Ian with them?

"Was Ian with them?" she asked frantically, already taking steps backward and preparing to make a run for it.

Gavin's face turned from one of concern to one of utter confusion.

"O' course, lass."

Before he could even finish, she had taken off running for Lady Elizabeth's house.

~~~

Ian slammed the door closed with such force, that the door imploded into the house. His blood boiled, and his shaft became annoyingly erect at the same time.

Tha' foolish woman, he thought, quickly walking to his horse.

He told her not run. He told her he would hunt her down and join with her no matter what she claimed she wanted. But...he had to admit he was looking forward to the chase but couldn't help the small amount of worry that entered into his heart. She was without him...and without protection

He swung his leg over the horses saddle, wincing slightly when his erection brushed against the saddle horn.

Thea was responsible for that.

"Laird?" called Angus from his horse. "Where is she?"

Ian thought. His mind raced at all the different possibilities, and until suddenly...

"Bells?" Ian turned his head toward the village. "Bells for..."

Dear God, he thought.

Without wasting another minute, his heels dug into his horses side and off he rode towards town.

~~~

Thea didn't even attempt to knock and wait for anyone to answer. She burst through the doors of Lady Elizabeth's home. A maid immediately tried to push her right back out, but she dodged her and moved immediately to the dinning room.

"Lady Elizabeth!" she called, successfully waking Erich in the process. He began to wail ferociously.

"Theodora!" called Elizabeth, standing up from the table and quickly rushing towards her.

"Watch him," she said, pulling the babe from her chest. Elizabeth's face took on a frightened look.

"I am not his mother-"

"No, no just for a few minutes!" she said, handing over the baby. Elizabeth's face realized as she clasped the baby to her chest

Thea turned and ran back into the main room of the home. Taking a deep breath she let loose her loud voice.

"John!" she yelled. She did not have to wait long. John appeared at the top of the stairs, his brows drawn in worry.

"Theodora!" he called, rushing down to catch her in his arms. "What is it? Are you hurt?"

"John," she said, "Marry me."

~~~

Her knees knocked together and the holy man frowned at her.

"I dinnae care where ye come from," he said, raising a bony hand toward the bell tower. "Whenever anyone gets married we ring tha bell!"

Her heart beat furiously, praying to God that it wasn't going to be her undoing. She turned to face John.

She had never seen him any happier than when she had told him she had changed her mind. A smile had taken over his face, and his hand would not let go of hers.

As she dragged him outside, he had not stopped expressing his undying love and devotion for her.

As long as he doesn't find out you are using him, her conscience chided.

"No' tha' is done...we begin,"  the holy man said, raising his hands and beckoning both of them forward.

"Do ye 'ave permission from the Laird?" he asked John.

Thea's stomach jumped into her throat. She didn't have time for this!

"We don't need it!" she said stepping towards the man, who immediately stepped back from the seemingly crazy woman.

"Aye, ye do," he said.

"The Laird gave his approval, ye continue," John said in an authoritative voice. Thea was about to turn and ask John when he had asked the Laird for permission, but realized that the sooner they were married...the better.

"Gathered here," the holy man began, when suddenly thundering hoofs begn increasingly louder.

"Faster!" Thea yelled, forcing herself to stay turned towards the man.

"What is-" John began only to be cut off.

"Doesn't matter! Don't you love me? Don't you want to marry me?" Thea demanded, her heart beating furiously at the thought of Ian finding her in this precarious situation.

"O' course," John said reassuringly.

"Step away, John!" a voice called out. Thea turned to see a large man on a horse aiming a sword at John.

"Angus?"

Before Thea could even think about making a dash for Elizabeth's house, a horse galloped through the middle of the village center, dodged the holy man, and headed right for her.

A muscular arm reached down, encircled her waist, and heaved her up into the saddle.

"Let go!" she yelled, attempting to get free of the strong grasp while the horse continued to gallop away from the village.

"Ye run away again," Ian said, his breath fanning her neck, "and I'll chain ye ta me bed."

~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

601K 20.6K 44
Book I of the 'To Live Again' Saga In the modern world Clara Riley experiences a life changing event...death! Usually this means the end of living...
134 11 26
She loves him that's all that matters ♡ ×××××× Mild swearing
1K 20 12
in which the perfect pretty boy starts to fall for his beautiful best friend... "you'll be the prince and i'll be the princess " "it's a love story...
127K 7K 27
True love never dies, it all induces when Kathy has a little crush on her neighbour Ryan who is goofy, and a very enchanting boy, but it turns out. T...