Promises

By MrsNea

Y/N always keeps her promises. Always. And this time it ends up hurting her. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Epilogue

3.8K 89 32
By MrsNea

You stood alone in the room. You had sent Wanda, Nat and Pepper out a little while ago to get some alone time. Some time to breath and let yourself relax. The butterflies in your stomach were flying around and had brought on a kind of queasiness. You walked over to the whole body mirror and tried to breathe. The reflection that stared back at you with big eyes did not really look like you. Not the usual you at least. There you stood in a wedding dress. It was beautiful. You looked fantastic and a bit pale. How had you gotten here? You asked yourself. A little over a year ago you had been crying yourself to sleep because of Steve Rogers and now you were marrying him. It was still hard to understand sometimes that Steve loved you, for who you were. He wanted to spend his life with you. You lifted your hand and looked at your rose gold engagement ring with the diamonds sparkling in the light. It brought you back to the day he had asked you to marry him.

Steve had whisked you away on a date. You had been a couple for 6 months and he had always made time for dates and time together, even if it was just a simple movie night in one of your rooms. He had helped you patch everything up with your father and you all had dinners together when you could. Your father loved Steve and was pleased with your choice in a boyfriend.
Today Nat, Pepper and Wanda had made an extra fuss about your date and helped you find a gorgeous red dress. You felt like a queen waiting on your king when they were done. There was a knock on your door and outside was Steve. He held a bouquet of blood-red roses and you saw his eyes widen.
"Wow," was all he could say. You laugh and took in the look of him. He was dressed in a dark blue suit that sat like a second skin and he was so handsome. You wanted to pinch yourself in the arm. How could this man be yours?
"You look breath-taking," Steve said and handed you the roses. You smiled and lifted them up to your face. Your face was starting to heat up.
"We should go," Steve said and fiddled with his cuffs.

"Are we in a rush?" you asked.
"No, but if we don't leave now I will forget about the date and take you to bed," Steve said looked down in the floor.

"That works for me," you answered, but he shook his head and took your hand and pulled you out in the hallway.
"Not for me," Steve muttered. "Later." His eyes twinkled with something you could not place.

Outside a limousine was waiting for you and inside it was your favourite chocolate and champagne.

"You spoil me," you breathed out after your first bite of chocolate. Steve smiles at you and caressed your arm.

"You deserve it," he smiled and you leaned over and kissed him. He pulls you into his arms and you open your mouth for him. Letting him in. You start hissing your skirt of the dress up to sit in his lap when the limo stops. Steve and you draw back looking at each other. He clears his throat and you smile at him. His eyes are so blue and you can see the lust and love in them.
"We are here," He says and opens the door. He goes out and he hands you his hand to help you out. When you stand up and see the place you are at you let out a gasp. It was fairy lights everywhere and a path. Steve linked his arms with you and you started walking down the path. After a bend, you came upon a table by a lake. It was roses on the table, champagne in a bucket by the table and fairy lights and candles everywhere.
"Oh, Steve," you said and looked up at him. He smiled at you and gave you a wink. You walked over to the table and he pulled out a chair for you. You sat down and music started playing in a low volume. It was perfect. Steve opened the bottle of champagne and poured you a glass and then one for him. There were advantages of not being able to get drunk any more. You could have a lot of champagne without getting tipsy.
"Steve, this is amazing," you said and looked around.
"You are amazing," Steve said and reached over the table to take your hand.

Bucky walked over to the table and your stomach dropped. He must be here for a mission, you thought and started to rise up, but Steve sacked his hand.
Bucky placed food in front of you.
"Bon appetite," he said and left. You were speechless.
"I thought..." you started.

"I know what you thought," Steve said and smiled. You looked down on your plate and it was the Italian food you had eaten on your first date with Steve.
"Wow," you said and Steve laugh. You ate and talked with ease as you always did when you were together. You were happy and you could not see how it could be any better. You look at Steve and smile at him.
"I love you," You said and his smile got even brighter if that was possible. "I am so happy." Steve stood up and walked over to you and pulled you up. You walked down to the nearer to the water and you saw there was a heart made of red rose petals. Steve walked into the heart and turned to you. He smiled and went down on one knee and pulled out a box from his pocket. You felt your heart leap in your chest. He opened the box.
"Y/N, I love you with all my heart. You are my soul-mate, my best friend and the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. You make me a better man. I am so happy with you and I don't want to spend a day without you. Would you do me the honour of becoming my wife?" Steve asked. You stood there with tears running down your face. You dropped to your knees and kissed him. A kiss with lots of heat and love. Steve pushed you back slowly and carefully.
"Is that a yes?" he asked looking kind of lost.

"YES!" you squealed. Steve took your hand and put the ring on your finger.

You smiled as you thought back on the day. It had been perfect and you had a lot of pictures from the day. The team had helped Steve plan he ting and Pepper had insisted on Steve having someone hidden with a camera to take photos of it all.

Now 6 months later you were marrying the love of our life. Steve ha wanted to get married the next day, but you had insisted on getting some time to plan it all. You did not want a big wedding, never had, but you wanted a perfect day. Steve wanted to give you whatever you wanted. Bucky had said that if you had wanted to get married on the moon, Steve would have made sure you got it. You had laughed at the notion.

Steve had shown you love. True love. The kind of love that made your knees week and love that made you stronger. You were a team. Always had each other's back and always. You never needed to think about if he was happy with you. He showed you every day and he made you happy. Happier than you ever been. But still, you were a bit nervous, what if he changed his mind. There was a knock on the door.

"Come in" you called out. Bucky walks in and stops.
"Wow," Bucky says. "Steve will faint when he sees you." You smile at him and Wanda, Nat and Pepper walk in behind him.
"What are you doing here?" Nat demands to know.
"Steve is nervous and wanted to make sure you had not changed your mind," Bucky smiles and your heart beats a bit faster. Steve thought you might change your mind.
"Never," you smile and Bucky looks happy at the answer.
"See you up at the altar," Bucky says and leaves the room.
"How are you doing, Y/N?" Pepper asks and walks over to you. You smile at her and feel tears pooling in your eyes.
"Hey, what is wrong?" Pepper asks and pulls you into a hug.
"Do you want to leave?" Nat wonders and looks around as to find an escape route.
You shake your hand and look at Wanda.
"She is happy," Wanda smiles and gets tears in her eyes. "Over the moon happy."
They laugh and smiles at her.
"Thank you for being the best friends a girl can have," you say and then the door opens and your father and Wyatt walks in. They both stops and stares.
"You look amazing," Wyatt says after a while.
"Honey, you look beautiful," Your father says and gets tears in his eyes.
"Are we going to stand in here all day or am I going to get married?" you sass and everyone laughs.

Steve is standing by the alter feeling nervous. Bruce gives him a small, and Steve smiled at the fact that he knew that Bruce was nervous, as well, about being their wedding officiant. Steve looks over at Bucky who just gives him a resourcing smile. Then he looks at Sam who gives him thumbs up. Where was she? The music starts playing and the door opens. Wanda walks in with a beautiful dark red dress and flowers in her hands. She has a big smile on her lips and walks to stand by the alter. Then comes Nat also with a dark red dress and flowers in her hands. Steve would swear he sees tears in her eyes. When Nat has joined them at the alter Pepper and Wyatt walks in together. Pepper in a dark red dress, flowers in her hands and Wyatt with a black suit and a dark red tie. Steve takes a deep breath getting ready to see Y/N walk into the doorway. It feels like time is going so slow and then he sees her. The breath is knocked from his lungs and his heart is beating so fast. She was beautiful, now that was a too mundane word for it. She was spectacular. She walks down the aisle with her father Frank and the smile on her face matched Steve's. Bucky had been right when he had said a half an hour ago that he would not know what hit him. Steve wants to run down the aisle to get to her, but he forces himself to stay where he is and wait for her. His eyes locks with her and he could feel the love in her eyes. He still could not believe how he got a woman like her to love him. Or the fact that she wanted to spend her life with him.

Frank and Y/N stop and Fran turn to Y/N. He kisses her.

"I am so proud of you," Frank says and Y/N smiles at him before she walks over and stands with next to Steve.
"Hey," she mumbles to him. Steve winks at her.
"You are gorgeous," he mumbles back. Y/N hands her flowers to Nat and takes Steves hands in hers.

Bruce starts the ceremony and after a time it's time for the vows. Steve had been really nervous about this part. It had been his idea that they would write their own vows, but what if Y/N did not like them? Steve starts.
"Y/N, I have seen you at your worst and I still think you are the absolute best. You are my best friend, soulmate and love of my life. You make me happier then I have ever been in my entire life. You are the light in my life, the fire in my life. You make me a better man.
I promise to always kiss you good morning and goodnight when we are together.
I promise you will get the best of me. To make sure we always have chocolate in our home."
That earns a few laughs in the crowd and Y/N's eyes are glittering with tears. "To face all that will come in our life, happiness and sadness. Together. I promise to always be by your side and listen to you. I promise you to love you until my last breath and if I can, longer," Steve wows and now tears running down Y/N's face. She stands on her toes and presses a sweet kiss to his mouth. Steve could hear a few oohs.
"Steve, you are the best man I have ever met. Your compassion and strength are like no other. I don't know what I would do without you in my life. You are my strength and the only one for me. You are the reason I smile more, laugh more and dream more. You are the person that fits perfectly to me. With you, I feel safe and loved. You are my Everything. I promise that I will be your partner in all of life's turns. I promise to give you all of me and that I will love all of you. I can promise you that all our days together won't be easy, but together we can get through anything. I love you for eternity," Y/N wowed. Steve could feel the tears in his eye. Y/N's face was radiant with love and happiness. He could only hope he looked as happy as he felt and she looked.

You stood there looking up at Steve and the big smile on his face. Soon your husband.
"Who has the rings?" Bruce asked and Wyatt and Bucky stepped forward. Wyatt handed you Steve's ring and Bucky handed Steve your ring.
"Steve, will you begin," Bruce says and Steve fiddles with your ring before he starts.
"With this ring, I give you my heart form this moment and until eternity. You will never walk alone again and let my arms be your home," Steve says and puts the ring on your finger. You take a deep breath and say the same back to him before you put his ring on his finger.
"I now pronounce you man and wife. You can now kiss." Bruce says and the cheer in the room is so loud. Steve sweeps you up in his arms and kisses you with such passion. He pumps his left arm up in the air as a kind of victory gesture. You break apart and with claps hands start walking down the aisle. A laugh is bubbling in your chest. You had never been this happy as you were with Steve, your husband. Steve stops and pulls you to him. You look up at him shocked and then he leans forward and whispers in your ear:

"You have just made me the happiest man alive, Mrs Rogers. I love you." He pulls back a bit and you pull him closer again and kiss him until Bucky clears his throat.
"Time to party, Mr and Mrs Rogers!" Tony almost screams and you start laughing. All of the Avengers were around you including your father and Wyatt and his family. You were happy. Your family might not be the most traditional, but it was perfect. Family was not always blood, but the people you choose and that loved you as you are. You wondered you're your family would say when you told them that in about 7 months they were getting a new family member, but first, you needed to tell your husband that he would become a father.

The End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 2.2K 14
Being an agent is all Y/n knows, or at least she did. That's until she meets none other than the Avengers themselves. And soon she's at war with her...
7.3K 248 32
ππ„π…πŽπ‘π„ 𝐈 π–π€πŠπ„| ❝Why is it that it always goes to the people that only want to help me? Never the people that want to kill me.❞ 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐯𝐞...
9.2K 467 28
A Marvel fanfic *set after ca:tws* {Stucky} --- "You'll come back, right?" "For you? Always." --- I do not own Marvel or any of their characters.
71.1K 2K 26
Chris couldn't keep his mouth shut during a panel, meaning that Sebastian's wildest dreams are about to come true.