[SEULRENE] THE CHASE

By eajitothepower

Sunflowers still grows at night This story isn't mine. It's originally written in Vietnamese. Credit to the r... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 12

1.1K 35 2
By eajitothepower

The party was filled with people and noisier than Irene imagined. The special thing is that all guests are welcome by Joonho, Seulgi, Yerim and Saeron. Kim chairman is simply sitting in a leisurely drink, if Irene doesn't know, he will think that this is just one of many other business parties, not birthday parties. The life of the elite, so boring?

What she was curious about was still a complicated relationship between Seulgi and the Kim family.

Seulgi had left her for a long time to go to the guest to make Irene a little depressed and wanted to explore a bit of this luxurious villa. She knew this was not allowed. However, Irene still has a feeling that all things belong to this family are very mysterious. Such as the body of Kim chairman. If everyone called him president. Birthday party also invited all the horny faces in the world to do business like this. Certainly the position is not small. But, is he the president of anything new?

Hundreds of questions are circling in her head. Irene wasn't sure if she asked Seulgi that she would honestly answer her, she needed to find out the source of everything. Although Seulgi said she loved her, Irene always felt that there were many things, she was still hiding her. For example, today.

Irene quietly separated from the bustling crowd in the banquet room that surreptitiously went upstairs. She walked across the wide and dark corridor. Irene gently lifted her skirt, walked quickly to the end. She saw a huge door and, according to the dim light, the words "room" immediately caught her attention. Irene looked around, making sure that there was no one, and opened the door.

It was so dark inside that she had to take out her phone to illuminate a corner of the room. Irene knew that no one was following her, but she was still very cautious and walked to the desk in front of the bookshelf of the room. Under the dimly lit moonlight from the slit of the window, Irene could see on the table the disordered documents. She took a step forward, her heart beating faster than a beat. It's still too early to assume things in a more professional way. The only thing Irene can do now is investigate all the sources she can find. She did not care if they were active. Irene’s principle is that killing is more than killing.

The light from her phone flashed when Irene’s finger lightly opened the thick file on the table. Irene’s beautiful eyes immediately widened when she saw SY's logo in the pages. She lightly read the draft of this contract. Irene’s fingers trembled slightly. These were compared to the trading contracts she saw at Seulgi's office in the sky. The number of transactions in this contract is much higher than what she saw. There are a few up to billions of dollars that she could not expect a drug import-export company could do. There must be a clue behind these huge numbers. The most suspicious thing is that all these confidential documents appear in Kim Gia, not in SY's headquarters. What is going on after all? Irene didn't think much, she didn't have much time to analyze this confusing situation. If now she was discovered like the last time in the office, certain things would not be simple. Irene hurriedly turned the phone to capture everything she found.

Because the file was too thick, she couldn't judge it all but she had to constantly switch to the other manuscripts placed on the table. Sweat on Irene’s forehead spread out. Now that she didn't need to know what she was shooting, the pressure bearing the name of the time made her definitely act quickly. Take as many clues as possible.

At the same time Irene was stubborn and refused to stop when she heard the sound of high heels tapping on the wooden floor. Irene licked her lips, trying to suppress the pressure but stubbornly took more shots. Only when the high heels were close to the door, she did panic down under the table. Irene hugged her beating heart like a drum. She could claim that ninety percent of the people outside the door were Yerim. Irene felt that this girl was like a sixth sense. Every time she wanted to do something shady, it was like Yerim would appear. Irene  held her breath a bit when she heard the door handle being turned down. After that, the giant door was opened, the light outside was shining inside making Irene could see a figure standing.

Irene held her breath once more, waiting for the lights in the room to turn on, and the owner of the shadow would enter. The air had a bit of discomfort in her nervousness and confusion. However, it seems like things haven't happened as Irene imagined, but another shadow appeared. The door is still open, making Irene quietly sitting under the table, observing two shadows. A high one low opposite each other.

"Yerim, I want to talk to you." She immediately realized this was the voice of the so-called Joonho she had met just now. Irene saw Yerim still standing still, long after she heard the voice. "What is up?" The voice was soft and quiet but it could be heard very clearly in it. Irene saw Joonho's shadow reaching out to take Yerim's hand.

"Yerim, I really miss you. How long have I not returned to Kim Gia?" Irene's eyes widened. What conversation is she listening to? Aren't these two brothers of each other? Is it a bit inappropriate to talk like that? Soon, she saw Yerim immediately jerk her hand away from the other's grip. The attitude was very different when she was with Seulgi.

"Joonho, would you bother to be careful in your words. You should know your identity." The voice was still low but Irene could hear the impatience and a little annoyance in Yerim's tone. What did the other person do that was treated so badly by her? Irene wondered. Did he always bother Yerim to make her uncomfortable? However, Joonho's statement really made Irene surprise.

"Yerim, I am just the adopted child in this family like Seulgi, if you give me a chance. I can immediately talk to the president." Irene pursed her lips, rewinding the sentence many times in her head to make sure she did not hear wrong. He just said Seulgi is Kim's adopted daughter to join him. So .. Yerim and Seulgi really have a family relationship, but there is no bloodline. The fact that Yerim loves Seulgi is completely possible. It may be indecent to the eyes of an outsider, but compared to morality, it is extremely normal.

Yerim's voice cut off Irene's thought circuit. "Do you think you can match Seulgi? I always consider Seulgi to be my family, and you, I only consider you an outsider no more or less. Your story here is in the name of caring for the sick. My father did not make me change my feelings for him, he did not try too much, it was like that in the end." She said so much, very sour. It seems that Yerim doesn't really have much patience with this person. So, President Kim is not feeling well in him. However, Irene still doesn't understand, why Yerim has such a strong attitude towards this person. If it is an outsider, Seulgi is also an outsider to Kim Gia. However, ever since dinner, Irene felt that only Joonho was a black in a white flock of sheep. Where is the source of the attack? Is it because Yerim loves Seulgi, so he doesn't care about that?

"Yerim, I really don't understand. Because I try so hard, why do you keep running away from me all the time? How can I understand your feelings for me? I even become a doctor to treat him like my own father "Joonho said. Joohyun didn't mean much, but it was one of the stupidest sentences she'd ever heard. Who has set the rules if a person who is good to his family will have a love?

"How you deal with my father has nothing to do with my affair. The things you are doing, I don't force you, it is your own voluntary" Thousands of questions kept running through Irene's head. . She didn't understand why Kim had two daughters. She was certain that the other Saeron girl was the Kim because the five officers were like Kim President and Yerim unexpectedly. However, why did he receive two adopted children? What does Joonho do besides taking care of him? Why do they have all SY trading contracts?

"Do you have a position that is not good? Say it, why have you never put me in your eyes? Why are you and him the same, that you let Seulgi admitted by him and you?" Joonho again questioned Yerim. But, Irene can see standing in front of Joonho's anger, Yerim still keeps a cold attitude to the extreme. Only voice is changing, but it is not in a good way. On the contrary, she was extremely tough and didn't hesitate to hurt the other person.

"Joonho, woke up. What is the reason for this life in this world? I have never thought about why that year my father appointed Seulgi to be director of SY but not him. I told you. Don't ever bring Seulgi to put on the same table with me, I don't know how my father is to me, and I don't care." Irene strengthens even more my thoughts that Yerim definitely has feelings for Seulgi.

She had one sentence, and the two sentences also protected Seulgi from ink. It is, Irene doesn't think that Kim Gia people have any clues about this affair. Now she understood Yerim's attitude toward Seulgi so differently. She wanted to hide her feelings in front of her family. Even when arguing with Joonho, Yerim did not have a word to say that she loved Seulgi but always insisted that Seulgi was her family.

However, what surprised her more was, Seulgi's position is now appointed by Kim. So .. she is SY's president. SY's head, not Seulgi, is Kim the president. This raised her thoughts differently. According to Yerim, SY belongs to Kim Gia completely. So why is the superintendent an outsider, an adopted child who is not a member of the family? If this is true, then Yerim is SY's most powerful figure. Yet she still listened to Seulgi's words, a total Kang's voice, the two general Kang's voices made Irene very surprised. Usually, the children in the family must be angry when the position of the throne of their home is shared with others, right? Yerim even took Seulgi as the director of SY and attacked Joonho.

"Seulgi has long been a member of Kim Gia. As for me, I feel that it is okay and fair." This statement is really a critical blow that one can hear from the person you love. Irene didn't think that Yerim was so polite and could say such high damage. This person, is not trivial.

Her body cringed as she saw Yerim's shadow enter the room. However, it seems that Joonho still doesn't give up to Yerim. He grabbed her hand again, this time perhaps with a stronger force.

"Yerim, I stand to speak clearly for you." She was really waiting for Yerim to do something when the third voice rang out.

"Come on, why so noisy? Are you two here talking about that love?" After that, another shadow came out. It's Joy. Irene saw her standing very close to Yerim. Irene also saw that Joy gently removed Joonho's hand from Yerim's body. Still a sarcastic tone filled with humiliation, the comment was very deep. Joy said.

"Joonho, I have told you how many times it is not worth wasting on pursuing Yerim anymore but you never understand. I know you think you are a good doctor, that maybe she will marry you" It looks like Joy has been standing in the distance listening to this conversation of both of you. Irene felt in strangers here other than Seulgi, she was most sympathetic to Joy. Extremely straightforward. Irene saw Joy’s shadow next to Yerim swinging up and banging the poop on Joonho's shoulder.

"But, Joonho, that is only when there is no appearance of me in this world." A firm statement like confirming Joy’s sovereignty made Irene frown. Things are really happening like a chase. This person chases after the other. There are no stops and extremely fierce.

"Didn't you see how I acted as husband with Yerim? The president always wanted me and her in one place. How many time do I have to repeat, you should remember this, Yerim and I grew up together. We have been together for a long time before the arrival of you and Seulgi. Don't waste your time, go find someone else." Still the chorus "we grew up together forever”. Now Irene reflected on Joy’s words. It was true that Kim earlier gave Yerim to Joy, even though Joonho wanted to be with her. Such obvious effects, it's hard to ignore.

"On our wedding, we will definitely invite you to come." So, will there be a wedding? Joy and Yerim will get married? Irene felt that her head was a little bee-bee when she received too much shocking information at the same time in this stealthy situation. Later, she heard Joy speak before pulling Yerim away from the other person.

"Let's go, Yerim" Irene can imagine Joonho's expression now. Evidence that he was still breathing heavily in front of the room door without bothering. Joonho punched the door hard, then closed it. Must be very angry.

Irene breathed a sigh of relief. Her body slid down to the wooden floor. Luckily, she was wearing a backless dress, if not, she would have a wet patch on the back. The situation just too stressful made her a little tired. Irene sat there for another minute, when she was sure there was no one outside. She stealthily stepped out.

When it came down, everything was normal as if nothing had happened like this Irene heard. She saw far away from her, Seulgi and Yerim standing together. Both are talking to two older men, who seem to be SY's customers. Everything that happened normally and weird made her feel like she was in a dream. She needed to breathe some air.

Thinking so, Irene took a glass of wine and headed out to the large balcony behind the door. She was sure that she would disappear a bit, it would not affect the party. It was really cool and airy on the outside. The starry sky due to the darkness and the full moon made her temporarily forget her heart.

Standing for a while, there seems to be someone who wants to watch the moon with her.

"It's very cool today, isn't it, Bae lady?" The satirical voice behind Irene made her turn around. The familiar face that immediately appeared in Irene’s eyes made her not surprised.

"Reporter Park?" Joy is still like the usual day wearing a camera on her neck. It seems that even when not working, this is also a non-separation object for Joy. Compared to Yerim, Irene saw Joy seem much better to watch the moon.

"Why are you standing here, you should have been with Kang's family?" Joy asked friendly. Irene is a bit funny that jealousy is always in this person's words to Seulgi. The fact that she was smaller than her but always called her this Kang family that Kang family made her extremely excited.

"Ah, she's talking to a lot of people, so I don't want to bother" She simply answered, yet Joy was very hard to strengthen her. She smiled and said. Irene felt that Joy was a lovely child with a beautiful smile. Her friendliness and pride may be rude in the eyes of others. But for her, Irene felt comfortable.

"Is that so? Haha, really like me, Yerim is also going to be in a bad mood. I stand alone doing nothing, so I come here and have a good time. It's true, I am not interested in these parties either. I can't die, but I have to take the young lady home, really tired.” Irene smiled and looked at Joy. She felt the way Joy appeared to be so indifferent to hide her interest in Yerim quite lovingly.

"Kim vice general and reporter Park, seems to be very close to each other. Who doesn't know and thinks they are in love." She just casually spoke up to tease Joy. However, what she did not expect was that Joy did not avoid it. On the contrary, she was very straightforward about her feelings for Yerim. She smiled and answered her.

"Love? Love on one side is love? haha" Joy scratched her head and smiled. Irene was a bit surprised. She was like a unrequited love with Yerim, which became a habit. It was so familiar that every time she mentioned it, the pain was gone. Or it hurts to hurt. Irene’s eyebrows furrowed slightly.

"You mean .. I'm sorry, I accidentally heard people around saying that you two will be married" Irene couldn't say that she could eavesdrop, so she had to say that. It was, Joy didn't even doubt her but agreed with her statement. Like this was too familiar to her.

"Ah, that. It's true that we were badly married. But I want to focus on my career. I think I need more achievements," Joy said. Irene turned her head to look at her.

"Really?" However, responding to her was Irene’s voice.

"Haha, I can fool you. I'm kidding" She looked at Irene m, then spoke again.

"I want to get married too, but my bride is in love with someone else, so what to do?" Joy said this with a smile on her face making Irene suddenly feel extremely sorry for this person. She also did not know how much love to be able to accept the person she loved to love others. Mercy in turns into comfort. Although she was reminded in her mind not to talk too intimate with Joy, her mouth advised her.

"But, aren't you two that are really well formed by your two families? You don't think that if you insist on getting married, it will be okay. Emotion can be nurtured after that." Joy smiled again. Her family. She raised her face, the moonlight pouring down on Joy’s delicate face. A long time later, Irenheard a sigh.

"Of course I know that, I know for sure that if I insist on marrying her, I will be satisfied. That is, if doing so, will Yerim be happy? I would rather not have her in life. I don't want to force Yerim anything" The voice slowly, carrying a bit of sadness is difficult to describe with words that make Irene see a sadness hidden in those smiling eyes. This gaze, she had experienced with Seulgi. She didn't think when she saw Joy like this, she thought of Seulgi again. Thinking about how she hurt her. Think about how much she loved her to smile in pain and face her.

In the end, are girls loved, always so cruel? Was it both she and Yerim who were too ignorant of love? Irene swallowed emotionally, quietly speaking.

"You wait like that, don't you think a day's opportunity will pass by?" Very quickly, the laughter was overflowing in Joy’s eyes. She shrugged, casually answering Irene.

"Haha, if she loves other people, I'm a bit scared. But if she still loves the person she loves now, I have nothing to worry about" Both of them know the person Joy is talking about. Seulgi. This statement made Irene a little startled. She hesitantly asked Joy.

"Why?" Irene saw Joy turn around to look at her, then she slowly approached Irene. Joy crouched down to be on par with her, then whispered softly into her ear the words that made her inconspicuous.

"Because my opponent is busy with others"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.7K 1.3K 24
Second book of Seulrene Preview story is available at Seulrene one-shot collection so check it out to find out what will happen Please upvote and sha...
160K 4.4K 58
[YOU ARE THE MAIN CHARACTER] [KANG SEULGI X READER] (Just letting you know,It's like a Korean drama view.The videos or photos I'm using in the chapt...
326K 5.8K 198
TAKE WHATEVER STORY IDEA YOU WANT. I'M NO LONGER USING THIS ACCOUNT. story ideas for the uncreative ♡ proven to be the best story ideas to ever exist...
123K 4.3K 47
A story of a single mother and workaholic cafe owner. It's all about their dreams and thier own demons