What's A Mate? COMPLETED

Av bebacksooon

Book 1 in the werewolf series :Jack: Now I'm infuriated. I swing my leg over her body, so that I'm straddling... Mer

Chapter 1 Meeting Damon
Chapter 2 We're Home
Chapter 3 Who's mate?!
Chapter 4 My Mate, Or No?
Chapter 4 Mate Found
Chapter 6 MY Mate
Chapter 8 Supposedly Going Back
Chapter 9 Beaver Tail
Chapter 10 No Pockets
Chapter 11 Tag... Really?
Chapter 12 Jack Likes Mini Ritz
Chapter 13 Inturrupted
Chapter 14 Chained
Chapter 15 Close Call
Chapter 16 Leaving
Chapter 17 Stop
Chapter 18 Moon Goddess
Chapter 19 At Least Shane Knows ASL
Chapter 20 Sauerbraten
Chapter 21 Carnival
Part 22 Not A Chapter
Chapter 23 Dinner
Chapter 24 Adorable
Chapter 25 Laughing Gas
Part 26 Not A Chapter
Chapter 27 Doo Fruit Linen
Chapter 28 A Week
Chapter 29 Chatting With Atticus
Chapter 30 Accalia
Part 31 Not A Chapter
Chapter 32 The Mustang, Though?
Chapter 33 Ceremony
Chapter 34 Potluck
Chapter 35 Shopping
Chapter 36 No Cookies
Chapter 37 Road Trip
Chapter 38 Leaving
Chapter 39 Doritos
Chapter 40 The Meeting
Chapter 41 The Flu
Chapter 42 Can I Break His Nose?
Chapter 43 Rogues 1
Chapter 44 Rogues 2
Chapter 45 Good Morning, Kanye...
Chapter 46 Next One?
Chapter 47 Cookies Gone Wrong
Chapter 48 Birthday Party
Chapter 49 Four Days?
Chapter 50 Escape
Chapter 51 Alisha
Chapter 52 Where's My Pack?
Chapter 53 Gift
New book

Chapter 7 Danny

1K 14 1
Av bebacksooon

:Damon:

I hear a scream coming from downstairs, and rush out of my temporary bedroom and over to the banister.

Kace, what's wrong?

He doesn't answer. I can't see anything, but I can smell him. Ace. Nash. Nash is one of my best friends. One of my only friends. Ace is his wolf. And his wolf is present.

And then I see him. Nash comes around the corner and trots up the staircase in wolf form as if nothing happened.

"What's wrong with you?!" I say.

I head back into my room before grabbing a pair of shorts. He follows me. I can sense Andre. He's my other friend.

I also grab a pair of boxers and hand them and the shorts to Nash when he shifts.

"What do you mean?"

"Hm, let's see. I hear a random scream, thinking somebody is dying, then all the sudden you come prancing up the stairs."

Andre shifts, too, and I hand him some clothes, as well.

Andre says, "Why do you have a rogue in your house?"

"We don't."

"Kace smells like a rogue, too," Nash adds.

I rub my temples. "Annabeth is not a rogue. You're telling me that she saw you?"

"Well, yeah."

I groan. "Great! Why don't we just tell the whole world who we are?!"

"Well, we're sorry."

"Good! Be sorry! You can't just show humans your wolves! You guys sometimes just... Ugh!" I grip the ends of my hair. "Sometimes you guys just infuriate me."

Ellana comes in a couple seconds later, greeting me, then glaring at the other two.

"Why would you do that?!" She yells.

"Stupid move," I add.

"You guys are fucking careless!"

"You have no respect!" If she's yelling, so am I.

"Why?!"

"She's fucking human!"

"She doesn't know that we're real!"

"She's not supposed to know!"

"Are you stupid?!"

"She's fucking innocent! That's how it's supposed to be!"

"You guys'll be sorry!"

"You fucking whores!"

I look at her when she doesn't say anything. We mentally high five each other. 

She rubs her face, and I realize she's tired. Why, I don't know. But, I lead her out of my room by the small of her back, towards her room.

When we enter, I let out a growl. Somebody was here.

"Oh, shut up, already." She rubs her temples. "Listen. Just go make sure Kace is taking care Ann." She sniffs, heading towards her bed and climbing under the covers.

"He won't lay a hand on her, if I can help it."

"Protective, much? You barely know her."

"What?"

She rolls her eyes. "Obviously you don't know."

"Know what?" I snarl.

"Kace didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?" Why won't she just tell me, already?!

"You're telling me that Kace didn't tell you anything?"

"No! He didn't tell me! Now, what?!"

"You didn't think he smelled... weird... today?"

"What the fuck are you talking about?!" I roar. By now, I think the whole house can hear me.

"Oh my. You better get that checked out. I think I heard a tiny voice crack," she smirks.

I've freaken' had it with her. My chest heaves as I make my way to where she sits.

Her grin never leaves her face.

Marcus fumes inside me. And know my eyes are obsidian. They have to be.

When I reach her side, I place my hands on either side of her, and stare her right in the eyes.

Her lip quirks up even further.

"D-Damon?" a soft, small voice calls from the doorway.

I look up, annoyed to have been disrupted, canines out, and seething like a mad man.

But then I actually see who it is. Danny.

She looks beautiful, as always.

My facial expression softens, and I walk over to her, trying not to burst into tears. I haven't seen her for months. She's been away on a trip.

I growl, "Mate," when I reach her. I scoop her up into my arms. 

"Damon," she sobs. "I missed-"

I kiss her. "I missed you so so much, baby."

Then I peck her lips. And again. And again. And over again until she pushes me away by my nose. Then she plants a light feathery kiss to it.

"Okay, okay, love birds. C'mon. I'm tryna' sleep."

I growl at Ellana, who ruined our moment, and look back at Danny, licking my lips.

She lightly laughs.

"Okay. Honestly, that was disgusting. Leave, please."

I kiss the top of Danny's head, before setting her down.

"Yes, that's right. Now, skrt skkrrt out of my bedroom, thank you."

I wave dismissively at her. I haven't seen my mate in almost five months. She was not ruining this.

"Hey, Danny?"

Dan looks at her.

"Hey, girl! Nice to see ya'!"

Dan waves. She's more of a quiet type.

"Okay, yeah, now you can leave. By the way, your boyfriend has mad mood swings. He was 'bout to murder me, then saw you. Thanks for saving my life, but, really, please go."

I kiss her again, just to piss off my cousin.

"Seriously, Damon! Leeeaaavvveee."

I roll my eyes. "First, tell me what you where saying about Ann. And don't fucking piss me off, then."

"No promises," she smiles.

I kiss Danny again, watching Ellie closely. She doesn't look too happy.

"Get your mushiness out of here!"

I kiss her again. I know I'm sorta using her as bait, but I don't think she cares, and as a matter of fact, I don't either.

Ellana clenches her fists and rises from her bed. "Get out!"

I kiss the corner of Danny's lips, making her whimper. But, I'm paying attention to Ellie right now.

"Go have sex, or something!" Ellie yells.

I smirk and pull off my shirt.

She groans. "No, not here, you dimwit! Go into your bedroom! Please!"

I undo my zipper. But, they both know I won't go very far, because, well, let's face it. I'm in my relative's room. Well, they think that.

Ellie crosses her arms and frowns. She actually looks sorta cute when she does that. Her mate better treat her right. Unlike her last one, Mark. Or whoever he was. Maybe it's Mike?

I start to pull down my pants, the devillish grin that I planted on my face, very visible.

Danny tugs at my arm, and I shush her. I can feel that she doesn't want her mate nude in front of another girl.

"What are you doing?"

"Annoying you."

"Well, it's working! Get out of my room!"

"Then tell me what you were saying about Annabeth."

"What? When?"

I slip the rest of the way out of my pants and drop them on her floor. "That's not the answer I was looking for."

"I don't care! Listen, Kace and Annie are mates, okay?! Now, leave!"

I stop dead still. Then I shrug. "Figured."

"Figured?! That's all you have to say? I mean, of course it is. Of course!" She throws her hands in the air.

I grin, biting my tongue. I slip my thumb under my boxer elastic, but by then, Danny's had enough.

She takes my only hand that she can reach, which is conviniently the one I stuck in my boxers.

Danny blushes, but drags me out of Ellie's room, anyway.

I salute Ellie before letting myself be dragged away.

Kace passes us in the hallway with a weird look on his face, obviuosly because of me in my boxers, but decides to keep his mouth shut. Smart guy.

I take the lead after that, pulling Danny to my room. 

When we get there, I shut the door and lock it, before giving her that devil smirk she knows all too well. And she gulps.

"I haven't seen you for..." I sit at the end of my bed. "Like, fucking ever."

"Five months," she corrects.

I stand up, my build towering over her's easily. 

"Forever seems more accurate. You're my mate. I'm supposed to be with you. You have no idea what torture you put me through. I fucking love you. To hell with the idea of you leaving me again."

Through her beautiful orbs, I can see mine are black. And gold. Can't forget the gold. That plays a key part.

She nods. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry won't cut it this time."

But then again, when does it ever, you fucking sex crazed beast.

Shut the fuck up, Marcus. I could say the same to you.

Again. A nod. "What should I do to make it up to you?"

I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes just black and not gold. But it's too late. She's seen it already. For all I know, they could be pure gold by now.

I study her face. "Nothing. But thanks for asking," I grin. "But I can do something."

***

Sorry for the short chapters recently. Three updates in a day! Whoo!

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

203K 6.2K 37
Book 1 - The Lotus Moon Series - Beta Lancaster Beta Taylor Lancaster was never supposed to take a mate, as a category three dangerous wolf, he was d...
354K 16.5K 37
Grace did everything she could to separate herself from the supernatural world. Little did she know, one moment of weakness would destroy all of her...
3.7M 153K 56
Book 2 of The Alpha Series - Sequel to my first book, The Hybrid. Kaden's Luna cannot be read as a stand alone book! Kaden Reid is known as a rogue w...
2.8M 49.9K 19
"You know you can't resist me much longer." He continued to trail kisses down my neck and jaw. I bit my lip to keep a moan from escaping. "I am yo...