THE FLASH; DIEGO HARGREEVES

By sir1us0black

"It's really just the pits without you, baby It's like everyone's a dick without you, baby " in which kathe... More

☆THE FLASH☆
PART ONE
01| Home
02|The Great Return
03| Best Funeral Ever
04| Fake Detectives
05| Dora the Explorer
06|Mystery Eyeball
07|The Dealer
08|Reunited
09|Family Meeting
10|A Discovery
11|Leave
12|The Manhunt
13|Philia
14|Killer
15|I'm Sorry
16|Chasing Pavements
17| Home Is Where Your Heart Is
18|Brother
19|Wasteland
20|Never Enough
21|You're Safe
22|Miss You
23|Together Again
24|Family Matters
25|Giving up?
26|No Control
27|Problem
28|Power
29|Misery
30|Begin Again
31|Replay
32|Sticking Together
33|Breaking and Entering
34|State of Grace
35|Wide Awake
36|I love You
37|Homecoming
38|Underachiever
40|Similarities
41|Autophobia
42|Secrets
43|Destruction
44|Calm Before the Storm
45|The Final Countdown
46|The Journey Ends Here
PART TWO
01| Touchdown

39|Clear

3.3K 97 16
By sir1us0black

(Chapter 39|Clear)

"HELP!"

☂️

Fear was a common feeling for Katherine as a child. The fear of disappointing her father. The fear for her life on every over mission. The fear of always being in last place no matter how fast she was. As Kat left the academy behind, she began to let go of the constant state of fear she once lived in. Her life in Vegas with her newfound best friend was anything but quiet, but she was happy.

Now, at the ripe age of 29, Katherine found herself fearing death once again, but not for herself, for Allison. Though the group had no idea what kind of situation their sister was in, they new one thing. Harold Jenkins was a killer. It was quite funny to think they were labelling Jenkins as a murderer as Katherine classed herself as the exact same, though it wasn't the time for her to have her daily breakdown at that moment in time.

So she sat quietly panicking between Luther and Diego in the back seats, with Klaus and Five riding in the front of the car. The silence was unbearable, the machine hum from the engine and the occasion stick being ran over were the only sounds to be heard as the siblings worried over the well-being of their sister.

Katherine hoped and prayed and wished on every eyelash attached to her eyes that her sister was okay because if not, she could never forgive herself.

All of a sudden, Luther leaned forward in his seat, making Katherine jump in shock as Diego tried to comfort her by taking her hand and squeezing it softly.

"Hey, can you go any faster?" He asked.

"Ask me again, and I'll burn you with the cigarette lighter." Five deadpanned.

As Luther slumped back in his seat, Katherine decided to suggest her idea for a final time, hoping she wouldn't be shut down like a badgering child.

"Maybe I should just-" She was quickly cut off.

"No." Diego spoke quickly.

"Diego, maybe you should let Katherine-" Luther started before also getting cut off.

"No. It's too dangerous, we have no idea what this Jenkins is capable of and I can't lose her too." Diego spoke perfectly with no stutter as if he had prepared this very sentence in his head the whole car journey.

The whole vehicle was silent, Katherine decided not to upset Diego by arguing anymore, Five concentrated on the drive ahead, Klaus was in a world of his own and Kat honestly didn't want to make conversation with Luther and so the rest of the journey remained quiet.

———

When the group finally did arrive Katherine wasted no time in jumping over Diego and exiting the car first. Which then ended in her speeding into the house, not caring who was inside and finding a sight she had been imagining in her mind among a million other scenarios that she wished would never come true.

The sight of her sister, the one that would comfort her after training with her father had ended badly and even offered to use her abilities to help her work harder. And Katherine blamed herself, as she always did, but she deserved to. Allison's body lay almost lifeless, sprawled along the floor and with a million possibilities to how the situation had ended in this violent outcome but Katherine could think of none, her only thought was of the somewhat departed soul that sat between the lands of life and death, her eyes opened wide for the inspection of the barren wasteland that surrounded her and her heartbeat slowly declining into an everlasting silence. The speedster's broken heart lay shattered on the bloodied carpet as she lay beside her sister. The tears that poured down her cheeks made it difficult for her to catch a breath as she dropped to her knees, the blood from the carpet soaking into her jeans as she brought a shaking had to Allison's face, brushing the hair behind her ear.

The Flash swallowing her sobs and took in a deep breath, her throat sore from the crying as she began to yell.

"Help!" She screeched, her voice wavering.

The sound of different weighted footsteps could be heard hammering on the wooden patio as her brothers ran to her assistance, she knew in this state she couldn't carry Allison all that way on her own. The door swung open, creating a large bang, as Katherine carried her attention to the doorway, where Luther stood, a broke expression on his face.

"Allison. No."

As the giant ran towards the scene, followed closely by his concerned brothers, the ground shook and Allison's eyelids trembled, giving Katherine hope of a recovery if she were to get home fast enough, unluckily enough Katherine never seemed to be.

As he reached the injured girl, he crouched to her,opposite Katherine and lifted the bleeding girl's head to comforted her and as the tears continued to roll down Katherine cheeks, she was pulled from the floor by a familiar touch.

The speedster found herself being comforted by Diego, held tightly in his arms as he hid her eyes from the scene, pressing her head into his warm chest and being unbothered by the tears soaking his shirt. The enclosure she felt whilst being pulled close to his chest and the cold tears that dropped onto her shaking hands and left spots where the blood had washed away. And between Katherine and Luther's sobs, cries could be heard from miles as the Umbrella Academy watched their sister fade away.

———

The car journey back was agitating and relentless, as Allison's legs stretched across Katherine's lap, the red liquid that had been diluted with tears had dried onto her fingers. And as the car came to a halt outside of the academy, the group filed out as Katherine ran to the door to hold it open as Klaus and Luther carried their fallen soldier.

"I don't think she's breathing." Luther commented.

"If we don't get her upstairs, she's gonna die." Klaus said.

"Don't talk like that." Katherine sighed. "Nobody's dying today."

They flung Allison's unconscious body onto the operating table, the blood running down her neck like visible veins. Grace was there per usual to tend to her wounds, as placed her hands against her daughter's bleeding throat.

"She's suffered a severe laceration to her larynx. One of you will need to give blood."

"I will." The group said simultaneously.

"I'm doing it." Luther remarked, beginning to take off his gloves.

"I'm afraid that's not possible, dear boy." Pogo said, his calming voice diffusing the tension in the room. "Your blood is more compatible with mine."

"Hey don't sweat it. I-I got this, big guy. I love needles." Klaus started, slapping his forearm.

"No surprise there." Katherine laughed, trying to diffuse the tension.

"Master Klaus. Your blood is..How shall I say this? Polluted."

"Move. I'll do it." Diego stepped up, walking over to his mother and catching Katherine's immediate attention.

"Diego are you sure that's-" Katherine began, remembering his childhood fear of needles.

Diego let out a quiet whimper before collapsing and hitting the ground with a thud, Katherine sighed shaking her head before walking up beside her mother.

"Guess you're stuck with mine then." She muttered, pulling up her sleeve and holding out her forearm.

The needle pierced her skin gently and surprisingly she felt no pain at all. She watched as a similar red liquid that covered her hands filled the tube.

"Actually, Miss Katherine, I do believe that your blood would make the best substitute due to your rapid healing capabilities." Pogo informed her.

"Well lucky, Allison." Katherine said, rolling down her sleeve after the needle was removed from her tanned skin.

And they waited together, watching carefully as Allison was hooked up to hospital monitor as the group watched her vitals rise and fall during her operation, luckily enough Grace allowed the siblings to stay and watch to ensure Allison was properly looked after.

Katherine and Diego sat beside one another as they watched their robotic mother operate on their unconscious sister, Kat couldn't fully see what was happening but the thought of Allison not making it through the surgery was crushing her from the inside out. As her knee bounced in agitation, Diego slowly reached over and placed his warm hand on her leg, her heart rate suddenly decreasing to a level rate and her teeth releasing the inside of her cheek from its grasp.

And as the silence dwindled away, the toe tapping from Klaus and the grumbles from Luther, the quiet mumbles between Pogo and Grace and the clanging of medical supplies, there was a heart-stopping, stomach-wrenching sound.

As the Umbrella academy simultaneously looked towards the heart monitor, the tension in the room reached an all time high as the straight neon line lengthened across the screen.

"Shit." Five mumbled as Luther began to panic.

Katherine and Diego jumped to their feet in unison as all five siblings gathered around the table.

"Allison! Grace, do something!" Luther yelled over the panicked squarks of the others.

"I'm doing all I can at the moment, dear." Grace spoke calmly.

Quickly, she reached over to the defibrillators, prepping them before yelling "clear" warning the group to take a few steps back as she sent the shock through their sister's chest. Nothing. Allison's heart remained silent as Katherine knees began to weaken and her palms began to sweat.

"The current isn't strong enough to restart her heart." Grace turned to Pogo.

The room was silent apart from the irritating beep of the heart monitor that was a constant reminder that their sister might not ever wake up and it could all be Katherine's fault and although it had already occurred to her, she could not shake the thought of possibly being the cause of two innocent people's deaths and for that she couldn't live with herself.

Luther's stressful thoughts were visible to the whole group and although he could be a dick at times, Katherine couldn't help but blame herself for his negative thoughts, Klaus on the other hand had a serious expression planted on his face, an unusual sight to behold. Five was bouncing on his feet rapidly, probably already planning his trip back in time to tell Katherine to stay where she fucking was and not be an absolute dumbass and leave Allison alone to face a murderer. Diego was tense as he usually was, and Katherine didn't even bother to try and calm him down because she didn't trust herself too, why should she tell everyone it would be okay when she practically killed Allison herself?

"Fortunately, I know something that could." Pogo spoke, breaking the silence, his voice filled with curiosity and concern.

His eyes met Katherine's at a point where she thought it was merely a quick glance, until he began to search for the answers to his own questions deep inside Katherine's mind and didn't pull away. And by the time Kat realised what was happening, she had already convinced herself otherwise.

"I can't." The speedster muttered, as she looked around she noticed that everyone else had already realised who Pogo was gesturing too even before her.

"With all due respect, Miss Katherine, you do possess the powers great enough to cause a substantial electrical surge." Pogo went on.

And once again, Katherine held someone's life in her hands and though last time her worst fears had come to pass, this time she was determined to save her sister and prove not to her father but too herself that she was more than a killer.

"Okay. But you boys better take a step back." She spoke proudly, putting on her overused brave-face that many could see through but she wore for her own pride anyway.

She stood with shaking legs at the end of the hospital bed, watching over her dead sister, as she turned her head and made a final split second of eye contact with Diego, who sent her a look of pure fear that she reflected in herself. It was her belief that Allison had been out for only a few minutes and that if they were to revive her her mentality would be in perfect condition.

Katherine's eyes fluttered shut as she breathed in the air around her and pictured it travelling through her lungs in her mind and without a second thought, she ran. The adrenaline pumping through her veins and radiating an electrical aura throughout her body, her favourite nostalgic feeling of remembrance that brought back both bad and good memories as as made a run for it. If the others could have actually seen her they would have thought she was insane and in her own mind she was, running out the door of the house and making laps around the city in milliseconds, building up the energy needed the create a surge that large.

Her feet sparked with lightning at the friction she was creating as she entered the house, rubbing her hands together at immense speed to make as much static electricity as she could before doing what she had to. And after a second or so that felt like a lifetime to Katherine, she stood beside her sister admiring her distinct features and smooth skin, the carefully stitched line across her throat.

The Flash looked down to her own hands, the lightning engulfing her fingers and wrists as the energy circled her and in plain sight, a beautiful electric blue that would hopefully save her sister's life and as time returned to normal once more and Katherine's figure became visible to the others as she broke the silence.

"Clear."

And as Number Eight placed her electrically charged hands onto her sister's chest, her transferred the energy she had collected and allowed to it find Allison's heart, and forcing it to pump the blood around her body once more. Katherine released herself from the overpowering transfer as she began to weaken and feel the slight raise in Allison's chest.

Katherine's eye sight became suddenly blurred, as if she had woke up from a deep sleep, her head became dizzy as she stumbled back from Allison's body, that now radiated a lively warmth. She heard cheers of joy even from Luther from her muffled hearing and she took a last glance at the heart monitor, showing a steady heartbeat and making Katherine feel slightly less useless for once.

And finally, Kat's eyes became weighted and her head drooped to the side as her knees buckled from under her and she prepared herself from the harsh reality of the cold hard floor she thought she would so soon hit with a thud. Instead, she felt familiar arms engulf her exhausted body, shushing her slightly as the figured she new so well held her tightly.

"Rest easy, mi amor, you did good."

And as her mind drifted into an empty void of dreamless sleep, her last thought was of Allison and only Allison.

__________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 158 33
Leta Hargreeves, mentee of the world renowned Reginald Hargreeves and a member of the Umbrella Academy, had tried her hardest to forget her past. Wea...
195K 4K 14
"There's one thing I realized from this: You never loved me." Growing up in the Umbrella Academy was never a picnic for Valerie. Out of the seven kid...
324K 10.4K 54
𝐌𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐀𝐂 | ❝pleasure is the sweetest when it's paid for by another's pain.❞ - in which eight hargreeves starts to go crazy after losi...
167K 6K 17
❝i'd rather go blind than to be without you❞ [season 1]