SOME KIND OF DISASTER โ”€ olive...

By metalbenders

never knew how much it would hurt to feel. ยฉ taryn โ†’ harry potter series โ†’ ps... More

author's RANT.
SOME KIND OF DISASTER
[ 000 ] first year, 1987
I: fifth year, 1991 - 1992
[ 001 ] girls who play with fire
[ 002 ] on joining the circus
[ 003 ] oliver wood and the quidditch hard-on
[ 004 ] the antichrist, the mom friend
[ 005 ] the devil, the dad friend
[ 006 ] fake it till you make it
[ 007 ] asking for a friend
[ 008 ] filling the void
[ 009 ] the anatomy of violence
[ 010 ] grew up in counselling
[ 011 ] eighty percent
[ 012 ] your dads are assholes
[ 013 ] what are you so afraid of?
[ 014 ] merry christmas, kiss my ass
[ 015 ] point gap
[ 016 ] draining blood from stones
II: sixth year, 1992 - 1993
[ 017 ] life and no escape
[ 018 ] side effects include
[ 019 ] vibe check
[ 020 ] blood in the water
[ 021 ] a taxidermy of you and me
[ 022 ] feels like fourteen carats but no clarity
[ 023 ] fool's holiday
[ 024 ] i think i'm okay
[ 025 ] come one, come all
[ 026 ] there is a light that never goes out
[ 027 ] the pros and cons of breathing
III: seventh year, 1993 - 1994
[ 028 ] the irony of choking on a lifesaver
[ 029 ] the opposite of fear
[ 030 ] paper planes
[ 031 ] maybe i'm a threat
[ 032 ] a problem that doesn't want to be solved
[ 033 ] are you complete or is something missing?
[ 034 ] win some
[ 035 ] lose some
[ 036 ] in through the out door
[ 037 ] like tinsel and ribbons
[ 038 ] do not open till you've got forever to spend with me
[ 039 ] lover
[ 040 ] getting used to the rhythm
[ 041 ] put your curse in reverse
[ 042 ] a knife in the back
[ 043 ] but you'll never be the death of me
[ 044 ] all for the game
[ 045 ] it was something. don't say it wasn't.
FINAL AUTHOR'S NOTE
i: the near future

ii: the distant future

7.5K 448 639
By metalbenders

( kids + career )

star child:
• their first kid is a boy and they name him matthew. he is soft-spoken, affectionate, and when he loves, he loves only deeply. he gets hyperfixated on things, and when he does, his obsession with them borders on maniacal. sawyer jokes that he's just like his father in that aspect. except, matthew doesn't have a natural love for quidditch. he loves reading about dinosaurs and stars and messing around with paint and broken crayons and colour pencils. a long time ago, oliver thought he might have been disappointed, but he buys matthew art supplies unprompted and hangs all of his art on the walls. matthew is a ravenclaw.

• violet is matthew's god mother.

disaster child:
• three years later, they have a girl and her name is maxine—though she makes everyone call her 'max' instead because it "sounds cooler"—and she is a formidable force of backyard terrorism in her dirt-smeared ankles, wild hair as untameable as her restless spirit and bloody noses after falling off the roof when her mother tells her to stop climbing so high. she laughs in the face of danger. she can't sit still. she is the life of every party, her parents' cardiac arrest in the making, and matthew makes up 99% of her impulse control. oliver manages to get her into quidditch. 

• harry potter is named max's godfather. their kids go to school together. best friends max wood and james s. potter run a trading card black market amidst the student body since both of them have abundant access to trading cards with the faces of their parents (harry potter, the boy who lived; oliver wood, the best keeper in quidditch history; sawyer, a formidable beater) and their parents' friends.

• both max and matthew are oliver's pride and joy, albeit, in different ways, but pride and joy all the same.

• sawyer doesn't compare her children. she doesn't care that they're different. even though their antics get on her nerves from time to time, she never strikes them, nor does she make them feel inferior. sometimes her fear of becoming her own mother gets to her and she submits them for a psychological evaluation just to make sure she misses nothing that could be potential problems (a precaution, since her mother dismissed her dyslexia and borderline personality disorder, which went untreated for years). matthew's results are normal. maxine's report, however, comes back with interesting results.

• maxine has an underformed amygdala, which means she's got problems processing emotion, with emphasis on her natural fight or flight instincts, which means that she literally feels no fear. oliver laughed when he heard, made a joke about how she's a shoe-in for gryffindor, and high-fives his daughter. sawyer, on the other hand, knows this might prove to be a problem.

• and it does. max is reckless. she is happy-go-lucky, has no sense of commitment to anything that isn't thrill-seeking. she takes risks, never looks before leaping, and worst of all, she's an adrenaline junkie. she likes skateboarding, climbing all over the place, and jumping off the tops of the monkey bars. oliver worries she'll get herself killed, but buys her the latest broomstick of the newest edition anyway.

• at one point in time when they were very young, max and james sirius liked to pretend they were dinosaurs and ran around the house roaring at each other like tiny lunatics. max bit matthew so hard he cried and till this day he has a scar on his arm he tells everyone he got into a skateboarding accident instead of the truth, wherein his sister was just pretending to be a t-rex.

• uncle wyatt is a favourite. he is a physiotherapist, and most of his clients are famous quidditch players. sawyer is a regular.

• jeremy and quinn got married and they have a boy named julian, who is also best friends with max and james, even though he's one year younger than them. julian is a hufflepuff. he's a chubby boy!! he has an addiction to twix bars. julian wants to be a chef. max is fiercely territorial over julian.

• rio and marcus got back together just a handful of years after graduation. they adopt a pair of korean twins, kira and luke. kira is a slytherin. luke is a gryffindor.

• kira is the mum friend of their group. everyone else is a Certified Crackhead™️. luke has a video camera he carries everywhere with him. he films every skate trick james and max have executed. luke wants to direct films one day. kira wants to be queen of england, but she'll settle for prime minister only because the monarchy and its dynastic rule is outdated.

• a long time later, when max is fifteen and matthew is first starting art school in america, sawyer and oliver have another kid. her name is mallory. oliver cries again. matthew can't stop holding her. max claims she hates her because she is no longer receiving the most attention in the family, but she lets mal curl her gummy worm fingers around her thumb and tries not to smile.

• even though she's only two by the time max is graduating from hogwarts, mallory's personality is already stunningly prominent. she's a snob. just like her father. she won't bother with what doesn't concern her, and she is cold to people who are too loud or wearing clothes she doesn't like (i.e., when a neighbour wore bright orange, mallory wouldn't even look at her even when she tried to babytalk her).

• uncle rio and uncle marcus are her favourites. they spoil her like crazy.

• surprisingly, despite the huge age gap between max and mallory, mallory wasn't the accident. matthew was.

MAX'S STORY BEGINS HERE:

WHAT HAPPENS TO EVERYONE ELSE:

• after graduation, jeremy and quinn go travelling. quinn goes to muggle uni just to expand her horizons before becoming a muggle studies professor in hogwarts. at twenty-eight, jeremy becomes the herbology professor, head of Slytherin house (thank god), and everyone loves him.

• quinn and jeremy get married in 2005, and in 2006, their son julian is born.

• marcus goes on to play with puddlemere united. him and oliver actually become really good friends and sawyer has to pull oliver away from marcus a lot of the time when she wants his attention.

• rio becomes a tattoo artist, and for his wizard clients, he adds in a little something extra to their tattoos (sometimes, one can swear they're like moving pictures on your skin, and they can bring you an immediate sense of comfort when you look at them) (it's very magical) (sawyer has a tattoo of a solar system on her forearm and every time she looks at it, she feels this wave of calm, like a remedy to her mercilessly quick temper).

• after rehabilitation, rio grew out of his self-destruction. he took his sharp edges and made art with them. in rehab, he drew so much his art could cover the walls of his entire room. there's a piece done by him hanging on a wall somewhere in St Mungo's. sometimes it's difficult, but he's in a better place, cut off from his toxic family, surrounded by friends who love him and want to see him happy. he learns that happiness isn't pain or a fight or in little white lines or needles in dingy bathrooms.

• he mends his relationship with marcus when marcus finally comes to him to get a tattoo on his back. it's a huge piece that needs multiple sessions to finish. they talk everything out. maybe they were too young when their relationship was at its most serious. maybe they weren't ready or emotionally mature enough to handle the love that each of them could give.

• so they begin again. in 2001, they get an apartment together in london. in 2005, they adopt a pair of korean twins, kira and luke, who are half veela.

• wyatt becomes a physiotherapist. his crush on rio died out after hogwarts, and he lives with his friends, jun and ashton in bath, and is seeing someone who plays for the appleby arrows team, and whom sawyer introduced to him. his name is tyler havilliard, and he's a chaser. ironically, wyatt does most of the chasing.

• sawyer still talks to her father. her mother and her still have a shaky relationship, but it does get better. they do start to understand each other. it happens slowly and awkwardly and painstakingly, but it happens. sawyer gives her mother tickets to her matches.

• violet is still friends with sawyer. they occasionally have brunch together, and violet is considered part of their little family. violet coaches little league quidditch. she didn't go professional, but that was okay. it was never her goal. she took over coaching in Hogwarts after madam hooch retired.  violet and harry are still best friends. violet voluntarily babysits harry and ginny's kids when they're out on hot dates (same goes for sawyer and oliver). from time to time, violet, harry, oliver, and sawyer hang out together to play quidditch.

• harry and ginny babysat max and matthew a lot. that's how james and max met. they instantly clicked. harry is convinced they're the next set of marauders/fred & george and is delighted. (professor mcgonagall, not so much.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238 39 30
๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ซ๐œ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐“๐ซ๐ข๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฒ ๐’๐ž๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ฅ. "Do you think the universe fights for souls to be together? Some things are too stran...
4.9M 146K 95
Two burning hearts that dared to break Remeber, nobody said that it would last forever. Harry Potter, the boy who lived, had always felt as if everyo...
44.4K 1.3K 22
"I know it hurts now, but it won't hurt forever."
69.1K 2.8K 12
Set in sixth year but instead of Draco getting sectumsempra cast on him Harry does instead after Crabbe and Goyle find the book by the one and only h...