Karasuno's little bird

By izzyachon

Karasuno's girl's volley ball team has been disbanded due to injury, and lack of practices. Due to unforesee... More

Part 2: Senpai and Shōyō
Part 3: Ainiku
Part 4: Establising attraction
Part 5: Stranger things have happened
Part 6: Silver hoops
Part 7: The boy's got it
Part 8: I found you
Part 9: Third in the country
Part 10: Strawberry flavored

Part 1: Meeting the king

100K 1.7K 3.8K
By izzyachon

Disclaimer:
In hopes to enhance and ensure that everyone receives a pleasurable reading experience, this current chapter and later has/going/currently been rewritten and illustrated.

This has been something a team of people have worked towards, and we would appreciate that everyone moving forward refrain from inappropriate comments and general idiocy.

Any new comments with any hate towards a ship, or an uncouth joke about it will be deleted and you will be blocked from viewing this work.

The same applies to the art.

Thank you.

-The KLB team.

//

"Well, this is unfortunate."

"God (Y/N), I'm sorry...The girls and I thought it would be best if we retired the team for the season."

The entire season.

Yui Michimiya, a relatively small individual with charming brown hair, and a lean build.

Very pretty.

The former captain of Karasuno's girl's volleyball team, and your neighbor.

"I tried to get the girls to come around, but they've skipped practice so much...I'm afraid we're well out of condition now."

You sighed heavily, a of feeling defeat setting in.

"That's it?" You echoed, no longer making an effort to hide your disappointment.

This figures.

Right when I was granted liberation of course.

"Well that's that." You groan, giving a disheartened wave to the former Captain.

"See you around, (Y/N)." Yui calls.

"Yeah." You groan.

Any sort of independence I've had is dissolving like cotton candy in water.

What am I going to do now?

Yui Michimiya had often talked about Karasuno highschools previous reputation, how great it used to be.

Yet it didn't matter now.

There was no opportunity for those words to prove true.

At least not for you.

I don't know how father is going to feel about this news...

I have no interest in other extracurriculars.

Much to his dismay.

Begrudgingly, you began your walk to class.

Regret and disappointment for your current situation fermenting into a thick cloud around your head.

It seems that bad luck finds me wherever I go.

Even another country.

You were so deeply immersed in your emotions that you failed to notice your basic surroundings.

It was inevitable that you would bump into something.

Or rather, someone.

It was as if you had intended it, you colliding with something you could only describe as sturdy.

The encounter sent you flying onto you back, a puff of air escaping your mouth.

A dull sting of pain bloomed from your backside, you purse your lips in annoyance.

My bad luck continues.

You took a glance upwards, searching for the cause of your spill.

"Yamaguchi, please refrain from walking on people's heels." A tone that you could only describe as snotty chided.

Yamaguchi?

How would I even write that?

A warm chest and firm hand placed you back upon your feet. A quiet strength evident.

What slender fingers.

From what you could tell from your hazy vision a boy was tidying your uniform and hair.

He had a tall build, around five foot ten. His face was narrow, appearing as though someone had splattered his face with paint.

Freckles.

Dark hair framed the strangers face, a small piece of hair sticking up awkwardly on the crown of his head.

"Sorry about that." The boy apologized, brushing your shoulder gently.

You were so enamored with the beauty before you that you were having trouble responding.

"I—

You began, raking your fingers through your hair in frustration.

I really should have made more of an effort to learn proper Japanese.

"It's quite alrig-

What is this?

A sticky sensation oozed over your fingers. You momentarily stopping your dribble to inspect the cause.

Is this chewing gum?

How the hell did this happen?

"Yamaguchi, your gum."

That voice again.

To your horror there was another boy present.

Tall, around six two in height, a shock of blonde hair, his most prominent feature.

A pair of glasses adorned the boys face, his mouth twisted into a puckered expression.

I could almost describe him as dapper.

The boy was looking you up and down in pity, his demeanor contrasting heavily with his companion's.

Like yin and yang.

They couldn't be more different if they tried.

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry." The darker haired boy, Yamaguchi said.

He was bowing with such vigor that he knocked into you again.

Only this time sending you on your hands and knees.

How in the hell did he manage to spit gum into my hair?

You'd think I was in some sort of strange book scenario.

You did your best to maintain some dignity, getting up and running down the hall like the embarrassed roach you are.

"Christ." You snarled, brushing past your two classmates.

This just figures.

You put your hand on your head again, doing your best to assess the damage.

I need assistance.

The only logical thing to do was to call for your Senpai.

Hey Yui, I have a situation.

It had been less than 4 minutes since you sent the text. The gum beginning to solidify and become difficult to manipulate.

Now that I think about it, I didn't tell her where I was...

A faint scuffle alerted you that you were no longer alone.

"Yui?" You called, unsure whether or not your call would be answered.

"(Y/N)-Kun, are you in here?" The all too familiar voice of Michimiya rung clearly in your ears.

How did she manage to find me from such a vague text?

"Are you alright?" She tested, gauging your temper.

You bent over, allowing the girl to examine your scalp.

"What do you think?" You sigh.

Yui's fingers ran across your nape, attempting to tug the gum from your locks.

Ouch.

You instinctively pull away from the girl, grasping her hand in an effort to stop her prodding.

"How did you manage to find find me anyways?" You murmur, in hopes to occupy the girl before she resumes her examination.

Yui grins.

"Some of my juniors notified me of some strange girl trying to summon the devil in the bathroom."

You scoff, more so shock than offended.

"You'd thing they'd be able to recognize one of the most common languages in South america."

Yui laughs, a sound similar to a bell.

"You might have more pressing matters than a language barrier." She sniffs, gesturing to your attire.

To your horror you found that the girl was indeed right.

The back of your blazer was caked in pink bubblegum, beyond any sort of wearability.

I just got the damn thing.

"Not to worry my friend, your Senpai will make everything better." Yui assures, clapping your shoulder gently.

"Sit tight."

Sit tight?

She said that ten minutes ago.

The pressing silence and lonesome aura of the bathroom was beginning to make you nervous.

Come on Yui.

A loud patter sent you flying out of your skin, a haggard Yui making her way throught the bathroom door.

She settled herself on a nearby sink, red faced and deflated.

She's obviously been running around god knows where.

Yet...

Your attention flickered to the girls hands, which were delightfully occupied by a bag.

She did say she'd make things better.

"Whats in there?" Your curiosity getting the better of you.

Yui considers your words before promptly dumping the contents of the bag in the sink.

An odor rose from the coils of the bag, you raising your head in surprise..

It wasnt that the smell was bad, it was just so familiar.

The crunch of wood chips.

The crispness of being roasted by the sun.

It was the scent of sunflower seeds.

A pair of scissors clattered into the sink, quickly being swallowed by a heap of clothing.

"Are those really necessary?" You commented, referring to the now obscured scissors.

Yui scoffed, cleary not appreciating your lack of regard for her form.

"Fine, walk around like that." She replies, stuffing the items back into the bag.

Ack.

Shouldn't have said that.

Really shouldn't have said that.

"Yui." You call, this time with a more gentle tone.

"Thank you for going to the trouble." You smile, coaxing the girl into your lap.

Yui returns your hug with equal vigor, holding you briefly.

"I suppose hugging is okay if its you." She grins, pinching your nose.

You roll your eyes.

I don't think I'll ever understand Japan's aversion to touch.

"I hope you don't scar me too much." You sniff pulling back from the girls proximity.

"So you'll really let me?" Yui murmurs, fluffing through your hair again.

Yes.

You turn back to the mirror as if to solidify your fate.

You nodded.

"Cut it off."

The girl nods, collecting the scissors from the bag.

"As you wish." She replies, bringing the blade to your nape.

Snip.

Snip.

Snip.

With every lock of hair that fell upon the bathroom floor a sense of euphoria kicked it.

I can't remember the last time I've been allowed to wear my hair this short.

I suppose it's good father isn't here to witness this.

"(Y/N), I did the best given the circumstances." Yui calls, beckoning you from your daydream.

To your surprise a choppy haired nymph blinked at you from the depths of the mirror.

This could have turned out worse.

Yui seemed almost taken aback by her work, she stepping back as if to admire a crude piece of art.

"Yui?" You attempted to pull the girl from her stupor.

"Shh." She commands, bringing her finger to your lips.

Ignoring your confused gaze, Yui proceeded to rifle through the bag again, pulling out the garments from earlier.

Trousers?

A blazer?

She throws the clothes at you haphazardly.

"Put those on." She murmurs, gesturing to a nearby bathroom stall.

What?

"Uh Yui?"

Upon receiving no explanation you decided to do as you were told, pulling on the rough blazer and slacks.

So this is what smelled like Sunflower seeds.

You swug your arms around, attempting to loosen the starch in the fabric.

Oh?

What is this?

In your attempt to loosen the clothes stiff nature, you discovered a small white tag gracing the front of the blazer.

(澤村

Swamp Village.

"Sawamura." You echo.

How pretty.

"(Y/N)-Kun are you doing alright in there?" Yui calls, knocking upon the stall.

In response you let the door swing open, swiftly making your way towards the girl.

A gasp erupted from the girl's throat as you breezed into her proximity.

I hope she's not gasping at how ugly I am.

"Do I look alright?" You tested, searching Yui's face for disgust or horror.

"Alright?" She scoffs, guiding you to the mirror.

"If I didn't know better I'd think you're an attractive foreign boy with interesting hair."

You blanch, nudging the girl in annoyance.

"Hilarious." You murmur, collecting your bag from the floor.

"I'm leaving."

"(Y/N)-Kun I'm being serious." Yui calls.

You give the girl a half hearted wave before the door swings shut behind you.

Charming.

First day of school and I'm already putting up with so much headache.

First being denied volleyball.

Now this.

It had been roughly thirty minutes since your ordeal started, and class was already in full swing.

Thankfully your lecturer had his back facing the students, and hadn't noticed you lurking by the door.

I'll be lucky if I can find a seat.

Your eyes swept pass the rows of occupied chairs, searching for a suitable residence for yourself and your bag.

At last your search seemed fruitful and you found an empty chair by a nearby window. You started towards the desk, only halting to regard the occupant behind it.

Oh he's there.

It was the clean cut blonde from earlier.

Yamaguchi's companion was it?

You half expected the boy to say hello to you, but alas he was more occupied with cleaning his glasses.

I get the feelings he's the type to not concern himself with others.

The lesson went by relatively quickly, the only lingering effect being the blatant staring the blonde was doing.

He's been doing this for at least ten minutes.

Quite literally saved the bell, it rang merrily into your eardrums like a soulful church choir.

The blonde got up with a start, scraping his chair back rather quickly.

As if something urgent was on his mind.

"Hey-

"Tsukki." A clear voice sang.

Tsukki?

That's an oddly cute name.

To your horror the boy from earlier, Yamaguchi was making his way down the aisle at an impressive speed.

Just my luck.

Having both of them in the same class was cruel irony at this point.

"Quiet, Yamaguchi." Tsukki complains, cupping a hand over his left ear.

"Do you think we'll have time for warm ups today?" Yamaguchi inquires, looking at the boy for answers.

Tsukki scratches his head, clearly indifferent to the question.

"Who knows, that tyrannical king and tangerine might be taking up the entirety of the court per usual."

Tyrannical king?

Tangerine?

Yamaguchi laughs, a slight blush staining the smattering of freckles across his nose.

He's embarrassed.

"Well those two are on an entirely different level than us."

Tsukki scoffs, making no effort to hide his disdain.

"His instincts are insanely creepy, along with those inhumane sets."

Sets?

You bristled slightly, annoyed with how stupid you had been.

How didn't I see it before?

The hardened bodies.

The dramatic height.

These two were clearly volleyball players.

"Let's get a move on." Yamaguchi nudges the boy, who had again resumed his oggling of you.

"Right." Tsukki replies, swinging his gear across his neck.

You could of imagined it, but the boy seemed to falter by the door, as if there was something he wanted say.

But alas he didn't, and left you to your devices.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to at least check it out.

It's not like I have anything better to do.

You allowed the boys a headstart, to ensure that they wouldn't be aware of you tailing them.

You felt somewhat embarrassed to be following them but couldn't bring yourself to ask them outwardly if you could join them.

You were quite frankly intimidated by Tsukki.

At last the boys had descended onto the ground level, before disappearing behind a set of sliding doors.

The scent of leather and perspiration notified you of your destination.

The gym.

You lolled your head in an effort to remain incognito, which you failed almost instantly.

A girl was standing to the left of the entrance, a clipboard and pen in hand.

She was donned in a black sweatsuit, a mop of glossy black hair swept to one side of her face, and a small beauty mark residing just below her bottom lip.

You could do little to stifle a gasp, your body working on its own volition.

You hadn't wanted to draw attention to yourself but...

The girl had a beauty so radiant it gave you the chills.

"Hello." She murmured softly.

"Hello." You whispered, afraid any sudden movement would scare this beauty away.

"Are you looking for Daichi?" She inquires

Daichi?

"Uhh."

"Oye." A sharp voice called.

Oye?

"Oye, Oye, Oye, you either come in or stay out."

A boy not much older than yourself was making way over to you and the enchantress.

He was well built, his face clean and unblemished, his hair buzzed down to the nape.

The most noticeable thing being his piercing gray eyes.

It's almost impossible to not be intimidated.

"Tanaka-San, please refrain from harassing those I'm conversing with." The girl chided, stepping in front of you protectively.

The boy seemed to flip almost instantly, stepping out of your proximity to a more favorable distance.

"Kiyoko." He murmurs, a small blush staining his cheeks.

I suppose he's not all that scary when he smiles.

I could go a step further and say he's beautiful.

It's a shame he scowls so easily.

"Daichi?" You echo, still confused on who or what he has anything to do with you.

Kiyoko, who had been busy keeping Tanaka from glaring at you had now turned her attention back to you.

"Just a moment, what did you say your name was?" She murmurs, running a curious eye over you.

"O-Oh?" You stammar, caught off guard by such a direct question.

"(Y/N), call me (Y/N)." You reply.

A ghost of a smile washes over the girls features, she raises her brow ever so slightly, as if to question you.

"Your last name?" She murmurs.

"No, it's my first." You correct her.

I'm not quite used to my new last name yet.

Although I'm sure father would prefer I take it without question...

"(Y/N)." Kiyoko says, scribbling across her clipboard.

"Would you mind taking these forms to Daichi-San?" She gestures to a throng of boys covorting to the left of the gym.

You nod, unsure, but pleased you had an excuse to stay in the gym.

Although I'm not sure which one Daichi is...

You take a disheartened step forward, approaching the group at a rather slow pace.

Your presence is first noticed by the shortest of the group, his hair an icy gray hue.

He looks like an idol almost.

Just like Kiyoko he had a beauty mark, except it sat underneath his eye, which were a pleasant chocolate brown color.

"Hello there." He whispers, a soft smile gracing his lips.

"Hello." You smile, reciprocating the greeting.

"Are you looking for someone?" He gestures to his two companions, who run a curious gaze over your timid form.

"I'm looking for a Daichi-San, I need to give him these." You hold up the stack of papers in answer to the boy.

The boy seems to digest your words, taking the papers from your hands.

He flips through the papers rather briefly, a small frown gracing his soft features.

(Y/N), hm?" His gaze flickers back onto your face, squinting lightly.

Is something the matter?

"Daichi." The boy calls.

A lean mass of muscle and dark hair makes its way forward, reaching for the papers with a large weathered hand.

Along with the scent of sunflower seeds.

Strange.

Daichi too seems to have the same reaction to the papers as the previous boy, squinting at your form and back to the papers.

"Well it seems a bit late for a new addition, I'd need to see you on the court first..." He trails off, leaning forward to better inspect you.

New addition?

"Alright, Sugawara, Kiyoko?" He beckons the boy with the strange hair forward, along with the alluring girl.

"Kiyoko, get him a jersey please." Daichi orders, gesturing for you to order the girl.

"And someone please get Kageyama over here."

Hold on.

Him?

A pang of realization hit you square in the chest you immediately fumbling for recovery.

"Oh no you've got the wrong-"

You had only a moment to pause your dribble, ducking swiftly as a ball whistled past your head.

It hit the wall with a sickening pop, rolling past your feet and into the grasp of the perpetrator.

He was tall, a sweep of ashy black hair coating his scap, and most prominent being his eyes, a dark blue that could make even the Marina trench seem welcoming.

He cocked his head at you in question, indicating that he was not impressed with what he saw.

"Tobio Kageyama" He murmurs, stalking past you onto the court.

"Lets see what you've got."

Author's note:

I want to clearly establish that this work of fiction will be something to appeal to all readers. How our character will be interacting with Karasuno and others, will depend entirely on the flow of the story. I don't write situations that are unrealistic and secure one ending.

Although the very essence of the this story is romance, I would like to depict the importance of other bonds.

Lastly I would like show respect to the lovely individual who created the original.

Haruichi Furudate.

They are simply one hell of an author.

Better than I.

- Author San

Editor's Note:

Hi. I'm establishing dominance.

Welcome to the story loves, I hope you enjoy. Author San works very hard on it.

Any discrepancies come through me. So send a dm if it's something important.

Enjoy the story Kings, Queens, and all royalty in between.

Kamisama

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 434 13
[COMPLETE] Oikawa has attracted to a first-year girl who is a volleyball player for all-girl school. At first, he just attracted to her because of he...
83.8K 2K 47
Kageyama and Y/n studied in the same middle school. Although Kageyama had been madly in love with Y/n since he first laid eyes on her, his anxiety an...
884 62 20
"In reality, the stars are so distant from each other but when you see them from Earth, they are present in the same sky- so close to one another." Y...
117 4 5
"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘, 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐍" ୨⎯...