A Fractured Reflection

By Halseboys

A simple mission that goes horribly wrong changes Stevens life forever. How will he cope with the aftermath a... More

Chapter 1 How It Begins
Chapter 2 What Am I?
Chapter 3 Home
Chapter 4 Confrontations
Chapter 5 Breakout
Chapter 6 Aftermath
Chapter 7 From Good To Bad
Chapter 8 Training
Chapter 10 Deception
Chapter 11 Motel
Chapter 12 Training Again
Chapter 13 Unexpected Outcomes
Chapter 14 Doctors Appointment
Chapter 15 Transformation
Chapter 16 Birthday Boy
Chapter 17 Trip To The Moon
Chapter 18 Message Received
Chapter 19 Unwanted Guest
Chapter 20 Cluster
Chapter 21 Ruby's
Chapter 22 A Day Gone Wrong
Chapter 23 The Beginning of An End
Chapter 24 Trenchant
Chapter 25 Fire and Fury
Chapter 26 Shifting Sands
Chapter 27 Homecoming
Chapter 28 New Gem; Bitter End
Chapter 29 Passion
Chapter 30 Family

Chapter 9 Keeping it together

1K 28 29
By Halseboys

Normal Pov.

Steven was curled up in bed peacefully asleep with Lapis in his arms. This didn't last long as they were rudely awakened by Amethyst shouting in their ears.

Amethyst:"WAKE UP!!!!!"

Steven/Lapis:"AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!"

The two then fall out of bed.

Steven:"*Groaning* Who the hell woke me up?!"

Steven turns and sees Amethyst standing a few feet away trying her best not to laugh.

Steven:"*Snarls* YOU!!!"

Amethyst:"Oh shit!"

And thus Steven proceeded to chase Amethyst around the house while Lapis just sat there and watched. Three minutes passed before Steven was able to tackle Amethyst to the ground

Steven:"Gotcha!"

Amethyst:"*Grumbles*Ya ya whatever. Now get off me!"

Steven:"Hhhhmmmm... No"

Amethyst:"What, why!"

Steven:"Cause I'm too lazy to move"

Amethyst tried to lift Steven off herself but he was to heavy. She then tried shape shifting but that didn't work either, not even the purple puma could lift him! So seeing as there is no way out of this she gave up and excepted her fate.

Amethyst:"How are you so heavy!"

Steven:"Gravity powers"

Amethyst:"Ugh how long do you plan to lay on top of me?"

Steven:"*Shrugs* Maybe an hour or two not to sure yet"

Amethyst:"*Groans* This is gonna take forever"

Steven just continued to lay on top of amethyst for over an hour, all the while Lapis was recording it on Stevens phone. Just as two hours passed did Steven decide to get up.

Steven:"You know Amethyst you make a very comfy bed, I wouldn't mind sleeping on top of you again~"

Amethyst:"*Blushes* Ya whatever"

Lapis:"*Giggles* You seemed real comfy there Steven, maybe I should give it a try~"

Amethyst:"*Blush intensify* I'm out of here!"

Amethyst heads to the door.

Steven:"Wait Amethyst I have a question!"

Amethyst turns to him.

Amethyst:"What?"

Steven:"Did Garnet or Pearl ever come home last night?"

Amethyst:"Hhhmmm no not really why?"

Steven:"Just wondering if they survived against my creations"

Amethyst:"Wait what?"

Steven:"Oh right you weren't there yesterday. Well long Story short I wanted to train but Pearl wouldn't train me so Lapis did and during said training I managed to create two tree like beings. Then Garnet and Pearl show up, Pearl slaps me and tree men start to close in on her so as not to get involved I grabbed Lapis and warped with her back to the temple. So ya I'm just wondering if they survived or not"

When Steven looked at Amethyst he saw that she was staring at him with wide eyes and jaw on the ground. After a few moments she begins to picks her jaw up.

Amethyst:"You did WHAT!"

Steven:"I'm not repeating my self"

Amethyst took a moment to calm down before speaking.

Amethyst:"We need to go make sure they're okay!"

Steven:"*Groan* Do we have to?"

Amethyst:"YES!!!"

Steven:"Fine. Hey Lapis you wanna tag along?"

Lapis:"Sure got nothing else to do, besides Amethyst doesn't know where they are and you can't use the warp pads remember"

Steven:"*Sweat drops* Oh... right"

With that the three step on the warp pad and warp away.

...............................

Stevens Pov.

Once we arrived we saw that both Garnet and Pearl were stuck in the ground with only their heads visible. The two tree men that put them there were laying right next to them asleep. I just could not resist taking a picture of this scene.

"*Whispers* Oh this going to make for some good blackmail later"

Amethyst:"*Whispers* Send me a copy later"

Lapis:"*Whisper/Chuckling* I need to get my own phone so you can send me a copy as well"

After taking a few pictures we walk over to the two and just stare at them, they stared back.

"Sooo... how is your day"

Pearl:"How do think are day is going! We are stuck in the ground with these monsters sleeping RIGHT NEXT TO US!!!"

"Then don't you think you should keep your voice down?"

Pearl eyes widen and when she looked at the tree men she saw them staring right back at her. The living trees growled at her before getting up, their gazes still locked onto her. While this was happening Amethyst was talking with Garnet.

Amethyst:"You seem to be doing just fine"

Garnet:"In all honesty this isn't so bad, kinda relaxing"

Amethyst:"Well you want some help getting out?"

Garnet:"No thanks I can get myself out just fine"

Garnet then yanks her arms out of the ground and pulls the rest of herself out. Pearl looks at her in shock then anger.

Pearl:"You mean you could have gotten us both out of the ground this whole time but you didn't! WHY?!"

Garnet:"*Shrugs* You didn't ask"

Pearl was about to go into a rant when I grabbed her head and yanked her out of the ground.

"Well now that your out of the ground how about we try to figure out where Peridot is"

Garnet:"If I recall you said she was doing something in the kindergarten"

Pearl gained a worried look.

Pearl:"Do you think she's going to try too reactivate it?"

Garnet:"*Nods* If she gets it up and running the injectors will turn back on"

I look at her in confusion.

"Injectors, What are those?"

Pearl:"You have already seen them, well you've seen them disabled"

Pearl uses her gem to show a hologram of the weird machines I saw in the kindergarten.

Pearl:"If Peridot reactivates them they will pick up right where they left off, planting gems in the crust of the Earth. Where they will incubate and suck the life right out of the ground. We can't let Peridot restart gem production here, if we do the entire planet will become..."

Garnet:"Janked"

We look at her surprised.

Amethyst:"Garnet! That mouth!"

Garnet:"*Smiles* Don't worry well stop her"

After that we head over to the warp pad but before leaving I spoke too my creations.

"Alright you two I want you guys to patrol this valley. Make sure nobody gets in without my permission, understand?"

The two trees nodded.

"Alright, see ya later!"

With that we warped to the kindergarten.

.............................

Once we arrived Garnet spoke.

Garnet:"Alright I suggest we split up. We can cover more ground if we all go different ways"

"Alright but what do we do when one of us fines her?"

Garnet:"Shout out your location"

"Really?"

Garnet:"We don't exactly have flare guns and not all of us have phones"

Seeing as the conversation was over we all went our separate ways. Everyone went down a different path while Lapis took to the sky's, so I picked a random path and started walking.

Hours past and I still haven't found anything, that is until I heard a familiar voice coming from a familiar hole in the ground.

Peridot:"Log date 652. This is Peridot updating status, still stuck on this miserable planet"

I see Peridot rise up out of the ground on a green platform, too focused on her holo pad to notice me getting closer.

Peridot:"The fusion experiments are developing properly, a few even emerged early YAHHAA!"

She finally notices me a few feet away from her. We just stare at each other for a few moments before she spoke.

Peridot:"*Whispers* Are the others with you?"

I just nod.

Peridot:"*Groans* Of course, why not"

We just stood there in a awkward silence before I decided too speak.

"So what are you doing here anyway?"

Peridot looks at me surprised.

Peridot:"Why do you wanna know?"

"Cause I'm curious. You came here for a reason so..."

Peridot:"Well... I came here to check up on the fusion experiments"

"Fusion experiments, what are those?"

Peridot smiles at my curiosity.

Peridot:"Well fusion experiments are what you can say are gem shards forcibly fused together"

"Wait why are they forcibly fusing gem shard together?"

Peridot:"They wanted to make Geo weapons like the cluster"

"Wait what's the cluster?"

Peridot:"Oh it's-"

Garnet:"PERIDOT!!!"

We turn to see Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl closing in fast. Peridot panics and runs away.

"Peridot wait!"

It was no use she was already gone.

"Dammit!"

The three stop in front of me.

Garnet:"Why didn't you call out that you found her or at least tried to poof her?"

"Well maybe I was trying to solve things peacefully and not with violence"

Pearl:"She could have hurt you!"

"Pearl if you haven't noticed barely anything can actually hurt me, you all found that out the hard way remember"

They cringed at that.

Amethyst:"Well....did you learn anything?"

"Actually yes I did. She didn't come here to reactivate the injectors, she was actually here to check up on some experiments"

Garnet:"What kind of experiments?"

"Forced fusions"

The three gasped at this, then Garnet started to shake.

Garnet:"N-No your lying!"

"Wish I was but it came strait from Peridot"

Garnet:"Where..."

"Garnet?"

Garnet:"*Snarls* Where... are... they!"

I had them follow me onto the green platform. We then started to descend into the room where I first met Peridot. Once the platform stopped we proceeded to walk into the central chamber. After looking around the dark chamber for a bit we had almost given up until some weird thing fell from the ceiling. It looked like a hand and foot fused together.

"I think I found it"

The others come over.

Amethyst:"Wow weird looking"

Garnet:"..."

Pearl:"Ugh"

Then more of these forced fusions started to fall from the ceiling. We looked up and saw some broken pillars were the forced fusions were coming out of. Suddenly there was a bright light and appeared a massive forced fusion that's multicolored and has multiple arms and legs.

(A/N: I'm to lazy to describe it fully, plus if you've seen the episode then you'll know what it is)

It then walked over to me and inspected me with its hands. I started to think that maybe it was peaceful, after all it wasn't trying to hurt me just checking me out. I was about speak my thoughts when Pearl suddenly stabbed it with her spear poofing it.

Pearl:"There it's been dealt with, now lets round up the rest"

She seemed pretty proud of herself.

"What the hell Pearl!"

Pearl was taken aback by this.

Pearl:"W-What?"

"There was no reason for you to attack it!"

Pearl:"Yes there was! It was grabbing you and looked to be trying to hurt you!"

"*Growling* It wasn't trying to hurt me it was inspecting me, since it didn't seem to have any eyes to see with!"

Pearl:"Why do you have to question what I do you brat!"

"What did you say bird nose!"

We would have argued longer if not for Garnet interfering.

Garnet:"Enough you two we need to round these things up and bubble them"

"Why, they're not doing anything bad. All their doing is just roaming around"

Garnet:"So they don't hurt themselves or others"

"Well you do that I'm gonna go find Lapis"

I head back to the platform and leave the gems to their business. Once on the surface I start to search for Lapis while calling out her name.

"Lapis where are you! LAPIS!!!"

I search for over an hour with no sign I was about give up until I heard something in the distance. heading toward the source I see Lapis stuck under one of the gem injectors.

"Lapis!"

Lapis looks at me.

Lapis:"Steven help, I'm trapped and can't get out!"

"Hang on I'll get you out!"

I rush over and grab the injector. I lifted it with ease, holding it up with one hand I use the other to pull Lapis out from underneath.

Lapis:"Thanks Steven"

"No problem"

Lapis then kisses me on the cheek, causing me to blush a little.

Lapis:"*Blushing* That was for saving me"

"*Chuckling* Well I hope to earn more of those in the future"

Lapis:"*Giggling* You just might"

After a moment we decide to head to the warp pad and seeing as we aren't needed anymore warped home.

....................................................................................................

Here it is people chapter 9. Sorry this took so long to get out, I was on a camping trip with my family and the camp site had no WiFi so ya no writing until I got back. Also I changed a few things in some of the chapters and changed Stevens design a little in chapter 2 so check that out.

Anyways leave a like and/or comment if you enjoyed the chapter.

As always I'll see you all next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.9K 2.1K 24
The crystal gems won the war, and all that is left of the gems from homeworld are Jasper, Lapis, and Peridot. Steven is the son of pink diamond, a wa...
6.9K 251 17
Sequel to my savior Read as Lapis and Peridot try to live a normal life. Peridots starting a new relationship but what happens when that relationshi...
540 22 11
Steven has begun his journey to find himself when his car is suddenly taken off the road. Unbeknownst to him for years he's been watched ever since h...
15.9K 308 18
Garnet and Pearl always knew how to aggravate Steven. Their pestering, their persistence, and most of all their desire to have a worthy leader of the...