My Savior

By pilovidnye25

The cover is made by this wonderful amazing women and the credit goes to the model Halle Alice which is not t... More

Knowing the Characters
My Savior
Knowing Her
Affection
What would she say?
why is all this happening?
my helper
New friends
Something important
good things
Bitter sweet denial
Feeling feelings
Always there for me
always there for me pt.2
All for good
Stuck in my head
New beginning
Making progress
Dinner date
hey guys!!!
all together
all together pt.2
appreciation ❤❤
I love you
daddy's babygirl
Amelia's Birthday
Amelia's Birthday pt.2
Closed Doors are Opened
Shaken Territory
Shaken territory pt.2
unwanted guest
Fashion week scandal
Fashion week scandal pt.2
Past storm arises
At Peace or not?
Now it's my turn
Epilogue

Rescuing Her

14.3K 566 31
By pilovidnye25

Elijah's POV

I gulped down my hot coffee, as I entered the station with my colleagues greeting me with a nod.

"What's up Blondie!" said Jacob, as he comes and pats my shoulder as I rolled my eyes.

"Why do you always call me that? It's annoying" I said, as I sat on the chair in the office.

I looked up and saw Jacob glaring at me as he folded his arms waiting for my apology.

"What? It's the truth. Real friends tell you how they truly feel!" 

I shrugged as I continued drinking from my cup that was suddenly taken away from me.

I surprisingly looked up at Jacob as he drank the rest of my coffee and threw the cup in the recycling bin.

"You motherfucker, I swear I'll-" I started to say until I was interrupted by my walkie talkie.

"Guys, instead of arguing all the time and I'm sure you were just about to, there is a car that's speeding like there trying out for Fast and Furious 19. So how about you go and do something useful for the day, over?" Our Captain said. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

" Of course, boss. Over."

 I stood up and went to the board where they keep the keys of the police vehicles.

I signed my name and took the keys as Jacob trailed behind me chuckling. I ignored him as we got in the car and went to the location that Captain sent to the car's computer.

"Why do people purposely attempt to risk their lives and others? Why can't they just be civil and drive like a normal human being?" I asked as we proceeded in route.

"Don't even ask me" said Jacob shaking his head.

 A few kilometers in, we saw the car and turned on the sirens. We kept following the car till the person parked on a side of the road that was clear.

"I'll go check them out" I said as I got out of the car.

I was almost close to the car when I heard a women's scream come from the front seat. I snapped my head towards the driver's seat and pointed my gun.

"Don't move!" I spoke.

It was a girl that looked like she's about to pass out as she raised her hands in fear.

"Oh my God please don't shoot me I'm pregnant and my- ahhh" she screamed in pain, holding her big belly. 

 Oh SHIT! She's pregnant!

"I NEED TO GET TO THE HOSPITAL NOW!!"she screamed as I snapped out of my thoughts immediately. 

"Shit!" I said. My head was in chaos and I wasn't thinking straight. I quickly placed my gun away and stood there thinking of what I should do.

"I.... shit. Ok you're about to give birth" I say trying to understand if I heard right. She glares at me with a dumbfounded look. 

"NO SHIT!" She screamed and winced in pain.

"I need to go please or I'm going to give birth in this car or maybe die!" She said still holding her belly,

Ok I need to calm down and I need to help her get to the hospital, I thought as I opened the drivers door.

" Ok, ok, just calm down, I'll help you get to the hospital safe ok! Are you able to go to the passengers seat?" I asked,

She nodded rapidly and struggled to shift to the other seat but was able to go. I quickly got in and started driving, I pressed my walkie talkie to update Jacob.

"Jacob, it's a pregnant girl. I need to take her to the hospital. Come meet me there, Over."

" Sure thing. Over." he said.

Now I focused on the road to be cause, trying not to drive too fast. I quickly glanced at he as she looked like she was about to give birth at any minute.

" I can't give birth I'm becoming too weak" she whispered to herself. But I heard it. I  panicked and looked at her.

"What? No, no don't say that please! Just keep breathing, we're almost there!" I said reassuring her as much as I knew how to. 

She shook her head and looked out of the window. We'd just arrived so I quickly got out of the car and went inside the hospital to called for some nurses to come help her. They came running with a wheelchair as another opened the passenger door. We put her in the wheelchair and took her to the delivery room.

When we got in the delivery room, they took her to the bathroom and closed the door. As I stood there trying to figure out how I ended up in the hospital in the first place, I could only think about where I was originally supposed to be. At the station. Not in a labor room with a girl that was about to birth out a baby from her body.

When they came out of the bathroom, I helped them put her on the bed as she was screaming. Damn my ears where hurting. If she could sing, she would hit the same notes as Mariah Carey and make my ears bleed. 

I looked at her face. Like really looked at her. She was absolutely beautiful.

Those big brown eyes and her full plump lips where incredible. Her brown skin glowed. Even though she was in distress and all sweaty, she was still breathtaking.

"Hey it's going to be ok!" I said.

I placed my hand on her shoulder, to reassure her again that everything was going to be okay. It felt like I wasn't just saying it just because.  I mean, she's about to give birth and everything, but in general, I wondered where her husband or boyfriend might be. From what I'm seeing, there is no one like that there for her.

"It hurts!" She said through sobs.

"Ok sir you need to leave the room. We need to get started." said a midwife that just entered the room. I sighed ready to leave the room, but what she said made me stop in my tracks.

"Please let him stay, I just need someone now please!"

She wants me to what? Oh lord, I'm not ready to watch a baby come out of her body. But then again, I couldn't just ignore her request in this kind of situation. My conscience would judge me for the rest of my life for ignoring a woman in pain like that. I sighed and placed my hand on hers.

"I'll stay if she wants me to stay" I said as I looked at her. She gave me a little smiled and said,

"Thank you!"

I nodded my head with a smile in return.

"Ok miss, at the count of three you push ok!" 

She nodded as she held my hand.

My heart started beating fast as I began to think of what I was about to experience.

"One, two, three push!" 

She screamed and squeezed the shit out of my hand. She maintained a very strong grip.

She kept pushing as they continued to count. Out of curiosity, I turned and looked at what they were doing, and just as fast, I quickly turned my head right back to forget the sight that I'd just witnessed.

Oh God! I'm going to have nightmares from what I just saw. Lets just say that I'll respect women whole lot more from now on than I already do.

She screamed and pushed my hand away forcefully into the metal bedding rail.

"Shit!" I felt pain shoot all right up my arm. I tried massaging the place that was pulsating, but the pain was increasing. I spaced out until I heard her get through her last contraction before the room went silence for a second.  Tiny cries could he heard coming from the little human. The baby was so small and looked fragile. I was in awe, as I looked back at her mom and saw her lazily opening her eyes and placing her daughter on her. She cried as she looked at her baby into her arms and laid her across her chest. The scene in front of me was intimate. I was stuck in awe and speechless at the love that was already shown, given and received.

"Hello my beautiful Amelia" she said.

Her voice was gentle and soothing to my ears. If I were ever not in the right headspace, i know listening to her would bring me right back to my center. Her voice was so calming. I think the baby felt it too because she immediately stopped crying. I went over to take a closer look at the baby now that she had settled down.

"Oh I'm so sorry. Did I hurt your wrist that bad?" She asked in almost a panic.

I turned my gaze to her and shook my head no.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of it" I said.

 She nodded then closed her eyes as they took the baby from her and fell asleep

I sighed then left the room. I walked down the corridors and entered the elevator to leave the hospital when I ran into Jacob.  As I walked over to him, he was leaning on the car smirking. I groaned in annoyance.

"Wipe that smirk of your face before I do it for you!" I said before he tried to mock me.

"How did it go?" He asked as he got in the driver's seat and started the car.

I learned my head backwards closing my eyes.

" She asked me to stay with her throughout the labor. I saw everything. And just know, I'll forever respect women more than I'm already do" I said as I remembered what happened few minutes ago.

"She told you what?" 

He looked surprised so I chuckled and said,

"That's the same question I asked myself" .

He shook his head.

"I cherished women more so now since my wife gave birth to Isaac. Man, I was a crying mess. My wife still uses that to blackmail me. Especially if we argue about something stupid or if she wants to embarrass me in front of her friends, she'll bring it up" he says as he smiles in a daze.

"That's karma biting your ass for always mocking me and calling me Blondie!" I say smirking.

"Shut up Elijah!" He said rolling his eyes. 

I humored myself and patted his shoulder but  he slapped my hand away and frowns like a small baby. He looked down at my hand and his facial expression deepened.

"What happened to your wrist bro? You good?" 

I looked down at icepack that a nurse had given me before I left.

"I bruised it or something. It was hurting like a bitch earlier" I said sighing and shifting it to the side that was still frozen.

"Remove the icepack and let me see" he said as he parked the car on the side of the road.

"Jacob stop acting like my dad and let's go. It's not that deep man." I said already annoyed with him.

He nonchalantly ignored what I'd said and forcefully removed the ice to reveal it starting to swell. I winced in pain a little and frowned as I saw my wrist swollen and red.

" You're stupid Elijah. This don't look like just a 'bruise or something to me.' Did you even tell any nurse what you did to your wrist?" He said as he started the car  and made a uturn to go back to the hospital.

"No I thought it was just bruised. And she's the one that had an iron grip on me"

 He looked at me as if he was surpised.

"Damn!" He shook his head and chuckled.

I sighed closing my eyes in exhaustion.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Sweet Moana By 🌬

Teen Fiction

296K 13.5K 43
We're both broken and torn apart. We've been through so much and we don't know where to start, but as long as we're together we don't have to travel...
128K 5.3K 33
Fawn Tessa Bonheur is a 23 year old, African American, heiress to a famous publishing company; Vender Publishing. Although she lives an extravagant...
2M 57.2K 45
~COMPLETED~ | This story is being slowly edited. "As much as you want to plan your life, it has a way of surprising you with unexpected things that w...
24.3K 1.2K 25
"So you have a child?" I ask "Yes." Sabrina answer I look at her daughter, she looks at me and shyly looks down. "Hi my name is Gabriel Renzo. What'...