EchoStorm Liberation

By Ken---E

EchoStorm recreates modern day realism into a stunning sci-fi structure. The plot centralizes on Vincent Krey... More

EchoStorm Liberation
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Shifting Sides
Chapter 2 - Settling In
Chapter 3 - Ditch
Chapter 4 - Tyrant
Chapter 5 - Catacombs
Chapter 6 - Osmund
EchoStorm Timeline (Incomplete)

Deleted Scene: Aftermath Dream Sequence

7 1 0
By Ken---E

(NOTE: THIS SCENE IS CURRENTLY SCRAPPED OUT OF THE NOEL ITSELF, ALTHOUGH IT IS READABLE FOR THE PEOPLE. IT IS UNLIKEY TO BE AN OFFICIAL EVENT FOR THE SERIES.)

The dark clouds within the road to the Metro, young Vincent was still in shock back what happened on Revernus. His mother on his made him comfortable as much as possible but they remained silent still along the way. The obese man, Butcher, however, looks much calm unlike the other survivors, he held his shotgun while cocking it back, again, and again but doesn't includes slugs on his playtime for it could be trigger and could shoot off unexpectedly. As they reached the gates of the Metro, Nomads, as they called the infantry support vehicle which is used widely on escorting people from the Spore Incident. The gates had checkpoints, of course. Nomads were scanned by Peacekeeper personnel within the near city side, it didn't took long however, they were immediately dropped by near the refugee zone. The place was crowded, a lot of people from Revernus came to the Metro to see allocation, some of them are from the Metro itself, trying to fetch their parents, children, and other kin related families. For the remaining Krey however, they had no one, they were never really been involve with their extended families and for Mara knew, she would have believe she already cut ties with them as soon as her mother and father died.

The new refugees were ordered to line up on the information stand, now temporarily replaced for assisting them. Mara and Vincent was able to lined up to the crowd without causing much suspicion, for the fat guy however, Butcher had to carry a non-civilian authorized shotgun with military grade slugs, he was held off the moment.

"Hey, hands off the merchandise!" he struggled to back them away, the two Peacekeeper guards had a hard time getting him inspected.

"This is just standard procedures, sir! We can't let unregistered weaponry go smuggled within the Metro, especially when it is non civilian authorized!" they continued to take it away yet he resists, and unintentionally smacked one of the guards with his elbow, he was knocked out cold...

The other one immediately took out his pistol and caught the attention of two more guards.

 "Put the weapon down, now!" one of stern looking guards warned him.

As soon as the ruckus gets fuzzier, Mara noticed them from not a bit far away at the counter, she was going next to inquire at it.

"Vincent, stay here, keep this line occupied. I'm going to check on Butcher, mommy won't take long." She kisses his forehead and Vincent nods his head with an affirmation, he remained muted after all this time.

Mara run off to confront Butcher. She was able to slip through the crowd, she was never used moving with the crowds, she felt dizzy, distracted from all the whispers, noise, even the cries of some refugee kids and mothers. The moment she got to Butcher, she raised her right armed and said "Butcher!"

He was taken in by surprised to see Mara is still there, she slip through the guards and stopped in front of him. "Let it go..." the sincerity in her eyes easily convinced Butcher. "This people are just doing their jobs, you can't blame them for that, can you?" he slowly puts his shotgun down. During this moment, she was already suffering fatigue, the gunpoint even stressed her for she doesn't know what is the man capable of.

"No, I suppose not..." he looked down, and one of the guards immediately retrained his arms behind his back. This time, he didn't resists, he look at Mara and said "Thanks."

"Thank you, ma'am. If you hadn't interfered, we might have needed him to be put down. Do you know him?" The cranky looking officer told Mara.

"Not very long, he saved our lives if that would add of knowing him. Please tell me you'll go easy on him." She tried to let them persuade them to reduce the trouble.

"I'll try, but he was carrying unregistered weapons, knocked down one of my men out cold,  and aimed a shotgun towards us. We'll be needed to investigate him further but sure I'll take your advice on 'going easy on him'. Have a nice day, ma'am." said the officer as he took his leave.

Mara rushed back on the counter like on her way to Butcher, she easily slips in through crowds without causing much disturbance and all, right timing that his son was going to take the next turn. She wasn't considered for cutting the line though as she took her son's place.

"What can I do for you ma'am?"ask the person at the counter, he was seemingly less caring to the refugees though.

"Small amount of creds and we should be on our way..." swiftly she said the words of asking something, she was nervous at this time as if it was already considered a demand from a refugee.

"Are you sure ma'am? I mean I could link you to your nearest kin if you'd like." It took the guy by surprised knowing she was begging for money rather asking for their nearest family member within the Metro.

"Yes, I am sure. I can take care of myself and my son." a brief boost of confidence from the nervous mother easily persuade the assistant behind the counter.

"If you say so, just so you know that I'll be here if you run into some problems settling in." he didn't bother insisting furthermore, having consideration for the people behind Mara. There was cash in the register for just a set occasion for refugees, he took 3000 credits from the register and counted the paper bills just to make sure he didn't miscounted and then he handed it to Mara as soon as he was sure about it. She held her son's little right hands and moved on away from the counter. She really doesn't exactly know where would they go after taking the money, her first idea was to rent a private apartment somewhere near the refugee camp.  It took a bit of a walking though to reach and search for the ideal apartment. She opened one of the two wooden doors of the spooky and creepy apartment. There was a guy sitting on the wooden made counter, he was looking crankier and much less caring than she saw at the refugee camp, both his legs were clamp together and was set above the counter table, he was smoking cigarettes and reading a magazine featuring the upcoming movie 'Project: Ghost' at the front cover, it was very anticipated during that time. There was glass between him and Mara, she softly knocked at the thin glass but despite of it, she felt it was ready to break or come off. She wasn't heard because of the loud heavy metal music from the guy's radio, she felt humiliated not giving much attention to her, as a customer. She tried to knock again, but little harder this time, as she did, the guy behind the counter shouted. "Alright! Alright! I heard you from the first time." he toss his magazine aside his table, took out his cigarettes on his mouth, and lessened the volume. "The hell do you want?!" he shouted on them, Mara flinched at the moment he turned around to look at them, "Sorry for bothering you, could we get a room?" she immediately apologize even she knew the guy was wrong but to avoid further confrontation. "Ah, you're one of the refugees, aye? Let's see here..." he turn around to see the little cubicles with key and room numbers, he only see 1, the last one, room 16. He grabbed the keys and toss it at the small hole below the counter glass. "Do you have the cash? I mean I won't let you yokels sleep on my apartments if you don't have 500 down payment." he demanded and insulted them for being refugees. "Don't worry, we have it here." She took out some of the money given to her earlier. "Impressive, the bleeding yokel has money-" he was immediately interrupted by Mara "Alright, we get it, where's our room?" she took the keys and jump down his throat. "Room 16, first floor." Mara and Vincent took off as soon as she heard the room number, she was annoyed by the guy.

She climb up to the stairs, and when she reached the first floor, everything was quiet, the lights are up though. The hall was very narrow, as she takes the steps towards the hall, she felt nervous, dizzy, and sweaty. She started seeing the hall becoming a long and narrower road for her, she was exhausted and she was breathing fast, hyperventilating even. The walls were seemingly melting, literally, and the world is turning upside down. She nearly vomited at the floor, as she heard one word passed through her ears. "Mom..." she was snapped at the moment Vincent said that, she was sweating a plenty but Vincent persisted by softly yanking here hand down and saying "Mom?"

"I'm sorry, Vincent." She was standing still, yet she looks pale and exhausted, but atleast her heartbeat drops to normal.

"What's wrong mom?" he asked with a very doubting and worried expression on his face. His mother took his hands and walked fast towards room 16. She said "I'm fine..."

She took out her keys and inserted it on the door knob, she turn it right and heard an 'unlocked' sound. Mara opened the door and she quickly gets inside with Vincent. The room was small, there were closed windows that reflects the light outside and projects it to the stale floor. Everything else on the room was dusty and dirty, she let go of her son's arm and immediately opens all the windows. She checked the bathroom and its water if its functioning well, she manage to do a little dusting about the room but she can't clean things without proper materials. She noticed Vincent was still in deep silent even after all this time, she approach him with a mother's comfort she touch his face and ask 'What's wrong'.

"What happens to Tera and Dad, mom?" his eyes turned a bit watery as he was to begin to cry.

"They-" she doesn't really know what answer would be the best to comfort the sorrow of her beloved son.

The two embraced each other, Vincent cried with a sincerity of sorrow and despair. "They'll be alright. I promised" Mara drops a tear on her left eye, her hands were tightly wrapped on Vincent's chest to back, they were both crying.

The last words Vincent heard from his mother was "I'll keep you safe and sound..."

END OF DELETED SCENE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125 59 25
The world was peaceful for a long time and it was maintained that way because of one sacrifice of a large family. Harmony was prevalent, and peace se...
4K 206 61
Here lie my thoughts in this book, why don't you stop and take a look. While you read the secrets written there, try to ignore the silent screams no...
2.1M 17.4K 83
There's no reason. No explanation. No scientific function, for what is about to happen. No one knows who, or when or where or why. But it's going to...
1.5K 144 40
Through thick and thin the Law shall prevail. A new sense of purpose awaits us, children of light, in the land where it all began. The darkness in wh...