Bumps In The Road / Paul Laho...

By veemarc

Kira West is a powerful witch with a strong bloodline. A tragic event in Kira's tween years instigated a shif... More

Bumps In The Road -Paul Imprint Story-
1. First Day
2. Hostile Introductions
3. Catch Ups
4. Fiery Rage
5. Stirring Tension
6. Stern Discussions
7. Soft Spots
8. Revelations
9. Boiling Point
10. Send Me Back For All I Care
11. Fooled Me Twice
12. Ignorance Isn't Always Bliss
13. Seeking Redemption
14. End The Inevitable
15. BBQ Jealousy
16. An Infliction
17. The Aftermath
18. Bonfire Drama
19. Messed Up
20. Tracker
21. The Proposals
22. Breaking the Spell
23. Unnerved
24. Sneaking Around
25. Potential Progress
26. Deep Suspicions
27. I Need Space
28. Cheek Not Lip
29. You Too?
30. The Party and The Confessions
31. The Aftermath
32. The Battle
33. Girls Day Out
34. The Cabin and A Big Question
35. Home Sweet Home
36. Talk Dirty To Me
37. Have To Love A Surprise
38. He Needs To Phase
39. The Wedding I
40. The Wedding II
41. Dissappeared
42. The Phone Call
43. Taken To a Foreign Land
44. The Anxious Wave
45. Getting Her Back
46. Rumours
47. Interruptions
48. She's Here
49. The Huntress
51. Her Past
52. Let's Go To The Cliff
Epilogue

50. Letters To Me

4K 96 10
By veemarc

Chapter 50

Kira's POV

The steam from the scrambled eggs rose and the scent of bacon filled my nostrils. The smell was making me hungrier, but I was waiting for my French toast to finish cooking-which apparently it was almost done. Rick sat down and placed a plate of French toast in front of me.

"Boun appetito" Rick smiled, leaning back in his chair. I looked over my plate unsure of where to start, then look back up at him. I frown wondering why he isn't eating and then remember that vampires don't eat human food.

"It looks so good," I smiled, "So this girl..." I trailed and wiggled my brows, as I started cutting into my bacon and taking a piece if French toast from the pile.

"Her name is Monique or Nicky as she introduces herself, she prefers it over Monique-but I call her Monique" he told me.

"You really like this girl". The way he spoke about Monique was in a way an imprint might speak of his imprintee.

"I do. I went to Denali and stayed with the vampires for about a month or two, then left. Don't get me wrong, they were nice and I really liked staying there, but I was getting bored and a little lonely. They helped me to control my thirst and said I picked it up very, very quickly. I think I was so desperate to get out of there though; I was motivated to learn it quicker so I could leave. When I left Denali I went to a few places around America before realising that I couldn't explore the city during the day, because I bloody sparkle" he explained with a sigh at the end, clearly frustrated by this condition. I looked down at his hand and saw his skin wasn't as pale as the Cullen's were, if anything it was a few subtle shades darker.

"So did you only move around at night?" I asked taking a bite out of the French toast and sighed contently.

"Yes I had to. I moved to Chicago because the weather around November is usually colder. There I met Monique". A smile made its way to his lips as the memory must have replayed in his head.

"How did you two meet?" I asked eating a slice of bacon.

"It was a cold night and it was lightly raining. I had gone out that day to eat-animals and animals only- and I had gone back to Chicago because I had a motel room. As I was walking through the streets this particular night, I heard a women crying and with my sensitive hearing I heard her struggling as well. I found the alley way she was in and saw three thugs attacking this fragile looking girl. Of cause I felt bad for her, so I walked in and they attacked me as well. I broke the first guys jaw and leg, seven ribs of the second guy and the third guy I nearly broke his neck" he sneered and took a sip of water. I gasped.

"Nearly? So you didn't break his neck?" I asked. He shook his head.

"I heard her heart beat and it was beating so hard I was convinced she would have a heart attack. So I knocked the guy out with a punch and went to help her. She was scared, but thankful. She hugged me. I mean I was a stranger to her and I could have been another thug, but she hugged me" he said with a smile.

"I never thought I'd see the jock go soft for a girl" I raised my brows. A certain sadness and pain filled his gut.

"Well, I'm not really a jock anymore" he muttered. I looked down at my plate.

"Sorry, I-uh sort of forgot" I apologised. He shrugged.

"It's ok. I have learned to accept what I am now," he assured me, "but to be honest I am still finding it strange to grasp the concept of being a supernatural being".

"Does she know?" I asked taking a sip of my water. He shook his head.

"Not yet, but I can tell she is getting suspicious. So I will have to tell her soon," he said with a sigh, "someone's here". There was suddenly a knock at the door startling me. Rick smirked and stood up from the table. I stood up as well.

"I'll get it" I called out and walked to the door. Rick nodded and collected the pans he used to prepare breakfast with and placed them in the sink. I opened the door to see a postman holding a package in his hand. I smiled politely at him.

"Hi". He nodded and handed me a package.

"Please sign here" he asked and turned his clipboard around with a pen. I took the pen and signed on the line at the bottom of the page. I passed the clipboard back to him and took the medium sized box from his hands.

"Thank you" I smiled and closed the door. Rick wiped his hands on a blue tea towel and leaned against the bench.

"What's that?" he asked.

"I am not sure" I replied, knitting my brows together. I walked over to the kitchen island and placed the brown box on top. "In the laundry there is a shelf directly above the washing machine. To the left of the shelf there is a Stanley knife, do you mind getting it?" He nodded and sped off, only to return a second later beside me with the yellow handled Stanley knife. I smiled my thanks and took the Stanley knife from his grasp and slid the blade across the sticky tape.

I pulled the sides out and saw inside the box was another box. It was like a shoe box but a little longer. I took the lid off and saw numerous envelopes placed neatly in the box. I pulled the first one out and noticed the front said 'Kira' and a date in the top left hand corner. It was the day I arrived at La Push and left Australia.

"I'll give you same space, first let me clean up my mess" Rick said. I was about to tell him not to worry about it but within five seconds the table was spotless. He smirked at me and dusted his hands off. "I'll be back at night time. I think I might stay a little longer". He winked and sped off.

I chuckled and moved the box to the table and placed it down. I took a seat and looked at the front of the envelope once more. The handwriting was familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Taking in a deep breath I opened up the envelope and pulled out a piece of paper - which read:

Kira,

I'm not gonna write 'dear Kira' or 'dearest Kira' because I am definitely not a grandma writing out your birthday card or some crazed guy writing to his lover. In that case, I am just writing 'Kira'.

So, I never told you this but I like to write. I have a folder on my laptop that is full of short stories and even stories I started but never finished. You wouldn't have seen them because I had put them under the name 'Computer Set-up' or something technical like that.

So, we just watched you walk through the gates at the airport. Let's be honest, you saw a tear and I saw a tear so we don't have to bring that back up at all. Can I just say, I know you probably saw it in my face or felt my emotions (or whatever that thing is that you do), but I was devastated to see you leave. I already miss you and it's only been four hours. After we left the airport all us guys came to my garage and just sat there, no one said a word. You left your bike in my shed; none of us could move it. Dustin looks the most devastated and we don't know how to help him.

Anyway, the point of this letter, or rather the series of letters I plan on writing, is to keep you updated and let some of my thoughts out on paper. Please bear with me and if you are reading these...I hope I am not around.

-Will

I quickly wiped away a tear and re-read the letter. I felt horrible for never noticing his passion of writing. I would go over to his house a lot and he'd be on his laptop, but I didn't think he was writing. Maybe I was too preoccupied - that makes me feel worse.

I looked down at the other envelopes and a sort of excitement coursed through me. These letters are kind of like entering Will's thoughts and feelings throughout my absence. Reading the part about Dustin made me put the letter down on the table and bury my head in my hands.

After a moment to pull myself together I picked up another letter.

Kira,

I'm worried about Dustin...he got wasted at a party last night and nearly started a fight. Thank god the other guy wasn't interested, but regardless it wasn't going to end well.

It has almost been a month and this is probably my thirtieth letter, give or take a few days. Next week I am coming to visit you in La Push and I am excited. I love you, but I hope you have calmed down and taken a few steps back. I called Ryder, but he didn't pick up. So I am not sure what to expect.

Janice asked about you the other day and we all (literally) gasped. But Dustin thought she was mocking him and went off at her; yelling and screaming. I think he's just feeling a little lonely. You two were pretty close when you guys were together and then suddenly you were gone. It left him shocked, I think.

His parents left town the other night, for a business trip, and that night I text him to make sure he was okay. I ended up going to his place and he had some people over and they weren't good people. Anyway, if you are reading this please talk to him. I am genuinely concerned.

-Will.

I knew my absence had affected them all, especially Will and Dustin in particular, but I didn't realise how big of an impact it had on them. My eyes glistened with tears and I realized how much the consequences of my actions had been.

Paul's POV

My stomach turned and I grunted as I fell to the ground. Ryder let go of my arm and chuckled.

"Should have warned ya mate, sorry" Ryder apologised, though I knew it wasn't sincere. I am sure he purposely did that. I stood up and dusted my hands and butt off, glaring at him.

"Where the hell have you brought me?" I asked and looked around. It appeared to be a jail house, a very large jail house, in the middle of nowhere. Everywhere I looked there were long paddocks laid out into the horizon. I looked back up at the stone jail house that was fenced off with high wire fence.

"Whatever you do, don't touch the fence" Ryder warned.

"What why?" I asked furrowing my brows.

"Because they are electric and hold enough volts to kill any being that touches it" Ryder explained.

"That's great" I said sarcastically. He nodded and walked off into the direction of the large entrance. Ryder opened the door made of glass (or some sort of plastic) and led me to the front desk. Chairs were placed in the middle of the area in rows. Half of them were taken by some people that looked fairly ordinary and others that looked a lot less ordinary. Ryder flashed a smile at the lady who sat at the front desk.

"Oh hello Ryder, level twelve?" she asked and typed something into her computer.

"Yes, and I have a visitor with me" Ryder replied with a stiff nod. The lady looked up from her computer and glanced at me.

"Hello" she greeted politely. I nodded curtly in response and looked behind me at the people sitting down. If Kira was here and saw my curt nod she'd probably scold me and roll her eyes.

"Come on mate, this way" Ryder instructed and we walked off to the left and down a corridor. There were numerous doors on both sides of the corridor all with titled plaques written on the door neatly. He led me to an elevator and pressed the button. The elevator doors opened almost immediately, to my surprise. We stepped into the elevator that was white inside and looked completely clean.

"Hold on" Ryder warned with a smirk and grasped the bar that was placed around the walls of the elevator, except for the doors. I frowned and shrugged- after all it was just an elevator ride. The doors closed and suddenly whooshed upwards making me stagger back into the wall before I grasped onto the bars. Ryder laughed at me whilst I narrowed my eyes at him. The red digits on the elevator keypad quickly changed from Level 1 to Level 12 within a second. The doors opened and I staggered out.

"Those are bloody crazy" I complained.

"Don't say I didn't warn you" he smirked and walked past me. We walked down a corridor with only one light after another illuminating the path. A guard stood at the entrance of the elevator and nodded at Ryder as we passed. Thick stone doors were placed along both sides of the corridor that seemed endless. There was a small opening on each door with bars to allow air to flow through the cells. We walked down the corridor until we reached cell forty-one.

"This is the one. I'll give you two some space" Ryder nodded and walked back down the corridor. I walked up to the bars gingerly. I peered through the bars and saw her sitting on the bed, rocking back and forth. It was weird to think that once in my life she was my mother figure and I depended on her for comfort and love. Now, I wish she had stayed away and never contacted Peyton.

"Paul, it is nice to see you. But I must say, I am surprised to see you at all. I would have thought after the dilemma with your lovely imprint that you would never speak to me again" she admitted, but her eyes remained on the cold floor.

"I need to ask you something" I said, my voice sounding some what weak. Somewhere at the back of my mind I still pictured her as my mother, but in this moment she was anything but that.

"Well than talk," she snapped before settling, "I mean you can take your time if you want...I won't be getting out of this place for a long time".

"Why did you think being a shape-shifter was a burden? I mean why would you presume that when I was only five year old? You didn't even know I was going to turn" I asked and rested my head against the bars.

"How could it not be a burden? You are only nineteen and you can turn into a large wolf. You have to watch over a pathetic town to ensure they don't get hurt by anything supernatural and if one of them was hurt then it would be on your shoulders. You shouldn't have to protect an entire town at the age of nineteen, that isn't fair" she explained with an emotionless expression.

"So you killed all those people-"

"Warlocks!" she shouted and jumped up, appearing at the bars. I took a step back, shocked by her abrupt movements.

"It doesn't matter! You didn't have to kill them for me and then you made my imprint wanted! Do you know how many times she nearly died?!" I exclaimed. I slammed my palms against the door and growled.

"Well sweetheart, " she sneered wrapping her hands around the bars and leaning closely to the door, "your imprint is a West witch and they are a very strong bloodline. Since her mother is human, father is dead and brother has neglected his gifts...she is my only option". So many judgments swirled through my head and a ping of guilt hit me, even if they were warlocks.

"She nearly died, do you know how much pain that would have caused me, mum," I asked leaning my head against the door, next to the bars, "that emptiness and hole that no one else can fill. Not the pack, not Peyton, not you, not another girl. She is that other half of me". I felt my knees go weak at the thought of not having her by my side or to wake up to her face each and every morning. The supernatural feelings -the imprint feelings- intensified my emotions in the love department. That never helps.

Then to my surprise and disgust, she laughed. She laughed and walked off back over to her bed and sat on the edge.

"My beautiful boy, you are only nineteen. Imprint or not love is replaceable and so is she. Regardless I wouldn't kill her; in fact I want her to live, so I can create more cures" she admitted and stared back at the floor. My wolf scratched at the surface of my human side and itched to be released. The disrespect and attitude she was showing Kira was making him angry and I agitated. Without my permission he broke through. I felt my body vibrate and my wolf become my subconscious.

"You will not keep her as a pet" I growled, my voice appearing deeper as well.

"I can't, now" she shook her head, though implied it was an option.

"You will not take her away from me!" I shouted banging my fist against the door. It didn't budge, just continued to keep its ground.

"I can't, now" she whispered still shaking her head.

"You will never take her away from me!" I shouted louder and with another growl.

"I can't, now" she repeated. I banged my fist against the door again and again. Suddenly, all the cell mates surrounding her cell appeared at their bars. If their arms were skinny enough, they would slide them through the bars and reach out or try to claw at the bars. Some erupted in screams which echoed down the hallway, which made others scream.

"Never, you'll never take her!" I shouted again and shook with anger. I felt arms wrap around my waist and try to pull me back. I couldn't comprehend anything; because I was too busy trying to make sure the message stuck in her head. Instead I heard her whisper 'I can't, now' over and over again. I growled and struggled in the persons hold as they desperately tried to pull me back. She can't take her from me, she just can't.

I struggled and wriggled trying to break free. They pulled me into the elevator and desperately clicked the level number in the keypad. The doors closed and within a second they opened again. I was pulled down the hall way of doors holding important people and into the lobby where people stared. I thrashed around as I was pulled outside and past the electric and lethal fence.

I growled and barely felt my stomach turn as I realised the person was Ryder, who had pulled me from my mother's cell. We faded into my house again where I dropped to my knees in defeat.

"Kira!" Ryder yelled out and took a step away from me. I shook violently with anger and anxiety. She can't take her from me, she just can't. I looked up and watched as Kira walked out of our room with a frown.

"Paul?" she asked and ran over to me. "Ryder, what happened?" she asked desperately. I quickly wrapped my arms around her stomach, desperate to hold her. I just need to make sure she was still here and not a hallucination. I needed to make sure I still had her. I immediately found myself relaxing from her touch as she placed her hands on my upper back.

"Just be careful, he isn't...himself" Ryder warned and I could feel his glare at the back of my head. I growled at him and looked over my shoulder to send him a glare of my own.

"Come on Paul," she said softly, "let's get you up". I hesitantly pulled my arms from around her and stood up; feeling my wolf with-draw and let my human self resurface.

"I will leave you two to it. Stay safe" Ryder warned and faded back out.

"Paul, what happened in there?" she asked worriedly looking up at me. She reached up and placed her hand on my cheek. I knew she could feel my anger and anxiety and was worried about what my mother said to me. But that was not on the top of my concerns. I leaned down and hugged her, wrapping my around her waist and burying my head in the crook of her neck. She wrapped her arms around my neck and nuzzled her head in my shoulder.

"Can we just lie down?" I asked quietly in her ear. She breathed softly into my shirt and nodded.

"Sure".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 2.6K 47
"So let's test your theory." "What theory?" Paul smirked at me as he backed me up against the door. I watched his eyes as he lifted his arms and tra...
414K 8.1K 56
A different girl moves into La Push and imprints. But the thing is, when she finds out her imprint, already loves someone else. It broke her, but she...
50.1K 1.4K 31
*******COMPLETE******* What if the "he" in the "he's gone" rant that Bella had when Sam found her in the woods wasn't Edward Cullen? What if everyth...
Revisit By T.F

Fanfiction

289 0 34
Mischievous, full of trouble, never ending the lines she crosses. When she's young and sent off leaving her father and brother behind. She goes thr...