Bumps In The Road / Paul Laho...

By veemarc

Kira West is a powerful witch with a strong bloodline. A tragic event in Kira's tween years instigated a shif... More

Bumps In The Road -Paul Imprint Story-
1. First Day
2. Hostile Introductions
3. Catch Ups
4. Fiery Rage
5. Stirring Tension
6. Stern Discussions
7. Soft Spots
8. Revelations
9. Boiling Point
10. Send Me Back For All I Care
11. Fooled Me Twice
12. Ignorance Isn't Always Bliss
13. Seeking Redemption
14. End The Inevitable
15. BBQ Jealousy
16. An Infliction
17. The Aftermath
18. Bonfire Drama
19. Messed Up
20. Tracker
21. The Proposals
22. Breaking the Spell
23. Unnerved
24. Sneaking Around
25. Potential Progress
26. Deep Suspicions
27. I Need Space
28. Cheek Not Lip
29. You Too?
30. The Party and The Confessions
31. The Aftermath
32. The Battle
33. Girls Day Out
34. The Cabin and A Big Question
35. Home Sweet Home
36. Talk Dirty To Me
37. Have To Love A Surprise
38. He Needs To Phase
39. The Wedding I
40. The Wedding II
41. Dissappeared
42. The Phone Call
43. Taken To a Foreign Land
44. The Anxious Wave
45. Getting Her Back
46. Rumours
47. Interruptions
48. She's Here
49. The Huntress
50. Letters To Me
52. Let's Go To The Cliff
Epilogue

51. Her Past

3.9K 95 3
By veemarc

Chapter 51

Kira's POV

She mentally tortured him. She told him she would take me away from him and he pictured it. He pictured the mornings, the afternoons and the nights without me. He pictured life without me and caved in. The possibility of her taking me away killed him, but angered his wolf. 

How could a mother do such a thing to her child? At the beginning I presume it was simply a quest to find a way to stop or prevent Paul from shifting, but then she went deeper. She discovered others like witches and warlocks and knew she could do better or worse with this supposed cure. She killed under Paul’s name and become one of the most feared hunters we have ever seen. I can't believe I wasn't told of her before today. Considering her past, more with magic then Paul, I should have been informed about her and prepared to take her on. But I never was. 

"What are you thinking about?" Paul asked softly as we laid under the sheets, intertwined. I was hugged into his chest with his arms wrapped around my waist. 

"Ryder" I admitted. He frowned. 

"Why are you thinking about him?" Paul asked with annoyance in his tone. 

"Not like that Paul," I rolled my eyes, "I just don't know why he didn't tell me before about the Huntress. It would have been nice to know how to defeat her". He shifted and ran his hand down to my thigh, where he wrapped his arm around it and wrapped my leg around his waist. 

"That is something you can take up with him. I on the other hand has forgotten and cares less about the Huntress. I'd just like some alone time with my beautiful girlfriend" he confessed.

"Considering its just you and me here, I'd probably refer to this as alone time already" I teased him grasping a handful of his shirt. 

"Yeah well..." He trailed unable to save himself. I laughed and buried my head in his chest again. "What's that?" I pulled away from our embrace and looked over my shoulder at the box full of letters that sat on my bedside table. 

"It's a box full of letters that Will while I was here. As bad as it sounds I didn't even know he had a passion for writing. I was so bloody stupid" I rolled my eyes at myself. I still hadn't gotten over the fact that I had been so blind-sided by grief and anger that I didn't even see my best friends passion. 

"I'm sure you weren't that bad" Paul said, though I know it was only to make me feel better. 

"I was a pain in the ass. Here," I pulled away from his embrace and sat up. He sat up on the bed as well as I leaned over and pulled the box into my lap. I pulled out the letter that held memories of when I was fifteen. "Read this". I passed the envelope to him. He opened it and read out loud:

Kira,

School sucks. I can not stand the other people, other then the guys, and the teachers; the grumpy, PMSing teachers that I want to just pull a zip over their mouths to shut them up. I don't know why but I, myself, have been grumpy and snappy lately. I nearly had a go at Nathan for revving my bike a bit too high for my liking. Anyway I miss you, we miss you.

I remember that time, when we were in Year Nine, when we went to the school late at night and smeared superglue between the doors. No one could get into school the next day and school was delayed half of the day. Oh good times. 

Then when you used to ride your skateboard in the hallways—yeah that was some good days. The amount of times Mr Turner told you off for that...I'll never forget... 

Paul continued reading the letter in his head and frowned at certain parts whilst others, a smirk would break out on his lips. Once he finished he put the letter down and looked up at me with an expression I couldn't understand. Even as I peeked into his emotions I got many mixed feelings.

"I want to know what happened during your ‘fearless phase’" he admitted quietly looking me in the eye. My brows knitted together and I slightly shook my head. 

"Paul, you don't want to know" I mumbled, putting the ltter back in the envelope carefully. 

"But I want to know what happened. I want to know what you were like, how you felt, what you did. I want to know" he repeated lifting my chin with his finger so my eyes met his. 

"Are you sure?" I asked searching his eyes for hesitation. But I couldn't find it in his eyes, or feelings. 

"Yes," he nodded confidently, "I want to know". I sighed. He really wanted to know. 

"It all started when my dad died, when I was thirteen. I was angry and didn't know how to control the anger, which is until I got in trouble with the cops for the first time..."

"Kira! Get back into the house! You have homework to complete!" My mother yelled after me. I continued to walk to the shed like the stubborn thirteen year old I am. 

"I finished it already" I lied over my shoulder and completed the combination of the lock that protects the shed from being trespassed. I opened the shed and froze. It was his bike. I frowned feeling my eyes glisten at the sight. I thought I moved it out? After my dad...passed on...I moved his bike unable to face it. I barely completed the task because I broke down in tears half way of pushing the bike out. 

"A friend moved it back in. Said it was better in the shed, better protected in here" my mother’s voice said from behind me softly. I quickly wiped my eyes and held back the sniffle. 

"I don't want to see it" I protested moving into the shed and taking hold of the large Honda's handlebars. I put the stand up and began pushing it backwards. 

"Kira," my mother said. "Stop". She walked forward and reached for the handlebars to take from my grasp. I pulled the heavy bike closer to me and glared at her. 

"Don't touch his bike" I warned coldly. She never liked motorbikes. Why does she want to touch them now? Why now, after he...left. She doesn't get the right to, it's not fair. My eyes glistened over again and I sniffled trying to hold back the tear that was ready to drop. 

"Kira, leave it and come inside. We can watch a movie or I'll help you with your homework" she suggested. I shook my head and put the stand down on the bike. 

"No, I don't want to watch a movie or do homework. I am wasting my time—my life doing that" I said letting the bike lean onto the stand and moved to my own bike. I pushed it out of the shed my mother watching furiously. 

"Kira don't you dare start that bike up" she warned, changing from a soft tone in her voice to a harsh and demanding. I ignored her and started the bike, the four stroke roared to life. I put it on the stand and went back into the shed and took my black helmet. I pulled it over my head and looked at the pink helmet my dad got me a few months ago. I reached forward and grabbed a pair of goggles and gloves and pulled them both on. I walked out and over to my bike despite my mothers pleads. I mounted the bike and took off. 

"Not that way!" I heard my mother yell. I turned out of the long driveway and onto the quiet rode. I opened the throttle and flew down the street. I usually just ride on my farm with my friend Will, but I wanted something different today and the open road seemed different enough for me.

A sudden siren made me slow down. I looked over my shoulder and cursed when I saw the blue and red flashing lights. I stopped and dismounted my bike. A male police officer ran out of the car and over to me while the other female officer followed in suit, but to my bike and taking hold of it.

"Take your helmet off!" The male officer yelled at me. I complied and took the black helmet off amused by both their reactions and placed it on the floor. "Turn around and put your hands on your head, NOW!" I did as I was asked and turned around putting my hands behind my head. I winced when I felt my wrists being harshly pulled back behind my back and a metal ring put around my wrist. "You have the right to remain silent and anything said will be used against you in court". 

"In court!" I shrieked, my eyes widening.

"Silence!" The male officer yelled harshly. 

"Jack relax, she's just a kid" the female officer said to the male officer, who I presume is Jack. 

"No Maree she is a delinquent for riding down a street at an excessive speed, no license, unregistered bike and underage. There are a few more rules she broke but we won't go into them" Jack sneered at the female officer who I presume is Maree. 

"Fine, what do we do with the bike?" 

"We call her parents to repossess it, while we go to the station". I saw red when he said parents. 

"My dad is gone" I said coldly. 

"Gone where?" Jack asked making me walk to the police car. I had never been in a police car before, only ever seen them. 

"What's your name sweetie?" Maree asked walking beside me. I frowned and looked over my shoulder to see my bike resting on the grass. I didn't like it when it was just left on the ground and my dad always taught me to put it on a stand once I was finished using it, putting me in the habit. 

"Kira West" I answered. I heard her mumble an 'oh dear' under her breath and frowned. 

"You didn't answer me kid, what do you mean your dad is gone? Where did he go? Did he leave you?" Jack asked almost with mockery in his voice. I felt my blood boil and anger blaze. 

"Jack! A word please" Maree requested. 

"Fine" Jack answered shoving me harshly into the car.

“…It was different then I expected. I felt some what different. I didn't actually know how to feel about it, whether to like it and pursue the feeling again or go back to how I was before my dad left, which was sad and miserable. All I knew was that I felt better when I was getting my anger out. It was relieving my pain and anger of my father’s absence. I didn't want to be sad like my mother; I wanted to feel something different. 

I remember my mother was furious with me. When I was thirteen I was getting into more trouble and got expelled from my first school. My mother was more than furious and tried to stop me from everything I was doing. But I couldn't be stopped. But after a while I discovered that getting in trouble at school gave me that same relief and difference. I craved that feeling more and more till it was all I felt. Ryder even tried to help because it was affecting my powers. I was distancing myself from my power source and that isn't a good thing. 

When I was fourteen and I moved to Will’s school he introduced me to Dustin, Nathan, Travis and Brody. We all became pretty close and they found my behaviour amusing, though Will would be cautious and responsible a few times. But most my problems started when I was fifteen. That was a big year for me…

"Hey it's West!" A deep voice yelled from the back of the room. I held my breath as I walked through the smoke clouds in the room. The room stunk horribly of smoke from cigarettes and weed. I spotted Will on the couch with some tramp on his lap and laughing at something Brody said. I spotted the rest of the group sitting either beside Will or across on the black fold out chairs. Will turned and looked over me with a smile. 

"Hey you showed" he called. 

"I don't like to disappoint" I said with a smirk stopping in front of them. Will pushed the girl off him and waved me over. She scowled and walked off to some other guy across the room with a cigarette in his mouth. 

"Come 'ere," he opened his arms and pulled me onto his lap, hugging me. 

"Let’s play a good game of truth or dare," Dustin suggested. Cheers and hollers broke out and we all formed a circle. I remained on Will's lap while the group formed the circle around the couch. "Since I suggested playing I start. Hmm...Brody, truth or Dare". 

"Truth, just starting off easy" he dismissed putting his arms up in surrender. 

"Are you a virgin?" I looked over at Brody who was thinking. 

"Yes" he finally answered sheepishly. 

"Yo Kayla! We have a virgin here!" Dustin called out laughing. I looked over to see a tall girl with pitch black hair, face full of make up and tightest clothes. She smirked and walked up to Brody and took his hand dragging him to another room. 

"What was that?" I snapped irritably. 

"Aww West what's wrong?" Dustin laughed.  

"He had a few drinks take it easy on him" Will whispered in my ear. I relaxed and leaned back into Will. Shortly a stunned looking Brody walked out of the hallway and sat back down beside Will and I. 

"How'd it go?" Will asked. Brody turned his head and smiled like crazy making me feel weird about the fact that he just lost his virginity for no reason. It wasn't special, it didn't mean anything. It was pointless. There was no meaning and no love. 

"Go Brody!" 

"Uh...Will. Truth or dare?" Brody asked still stunned. 

"Dare" Will replied.

"I dare you to make out with Jayne for ten minutes in the corner" he said smirking. Will sighed and pulled me off of his lap and onto his spot. I didn't like this dare at all and watched irritably as he pushed her by the hips against the wall and kissed her roughly. I looked away disgusted in the dare. 

"Oi Brody! Pass me a beer" I called leaning back against the overused couch. Brody nodded and leaned over to the esky and pulled out a beer. I caught it easy and popped open the cap. I took a swig and put it aside. 

"OK, Will! Times up!" Dustin called and we all came back together. Will came back up to me and put me back on his lap. I reached forward for the beer, but Will took it and shook his head. 

"No beer".

"Will, give me the drink or I'll go get something stronger" I threatened putting my hand forward. He shook his head and gave my beer bottle to a random person who gulped it all down. I pouted and stood up to follow through with my threat, but instead Will pulled my closer to his chest. 

"The girl meant nothing" he assured. I narrowed my eyes at him but shook my head annoyed.

"C'mon man!" Nathan called nudging Will. 

"Right. Nathan truth or dare?" Will asked. 

"Truth" he relied hesitantly. 

"Have you ever smoked before?" Will asked. 

"Yes" he answered surprising me. Nathan was quiet the intelligent one out of us all. Hearing him say he’d smoked something surprised me.

"What was it?" Will asked. 

"You only get one truth question mate" Nathan smirked and took a swig from his beer. I narrowed my eyes at Nathan briefly before looking at Dustin. He was laughing at something Brody had said. 

"Hurry up Nathan!" Dustin yelled still laughing though. 

"Uh...Kira, truth or dare?" 

"Dare" I said without hesitation. I was starting to get bored and I need some action. 

"OK, you and Dustin got ten minutes in the other room. Make it steamy" he said wiggling his brows. I sighed and got up striding up to Dustin. I took his hand and pulled him into the other room. 

 "...towards the end if the year was when Dustin asked me out. We were together up to the week before I moved here. I didn’t like long distance relationships and I knew it wouldn’t work, so I ended it. I just did realise how hard it was on him” I explained rubbing the nape of my neck.

“Did he miss you?” Paul asked quietly. I nodded.

“Would you miss me?” I asked because I knew he would. He looked up at me and frowned. 

“Of course” he nodded and shifted into a laying down position. He pulled me down with him and snaked his arm around my waist. “You were one naughty girl”. I chuckled.

“Yeah, I was” I agreed.

“You didn’t seem that bad when you first got here, I would have expected you to be a nightmare” he teased squeezing my waist. 

“Mum warned me about being good here or else she’s send me to some school or something” I rolled my eyes. He tightened his arm around my waist and pulled me closer.

“She’s not taking you anywhere now” he whispered in my hair and left a lingering kiss on my forehead. 

____________________________________________________________________

I am so sorry about the long wait. Just have a special mention to DanielleWallace6 for all the votes. You have no idea how much I appreciate it! :) Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.4K 2.3K 33
Elizabeth "Eli" Lahote is the younger sister of Paul Lahote. Eli lives with her mother in Tacoma, Washington while her brother stays with his father...
111K 2.4K 12
"BECAUSE IM DONE, IM SO DONE! I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE, I WON'T! BECAUSE YOU'RE SO SELFISH, PAUL LAHOTE, YOU'RE A SHITTY PERSON AND I DON'T DESERVE T...
120K 2.6K 47
"So let's test your theory." "What theory?" Paul smirked at me as he backed me up against the door. I watched his eyes as he lifted his arms and tra...
909K 25.5K 30
「𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗢𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗘」❝ We all made mistakes❞ ▪︎ Synopsis ▪︎ Serena, the eldest Black sister, had moved after she had broken it off with Paul Lahote. Bef...