Married By Chance

By AurumHeart

This book is a sequel and continuation. In order to understand it, you have to read 'Partners By Chance' firs... More

Married By Chance (BOOK 2)
Prologue: Till death do us apart.
Chapter 1: She's married.
Chapter 2: It's not about him.
Chapter 3: Two months late.
Chapter 4: I love Liam.
Chapter 5: Why are you here?
Chapter 6: Christian Louboutin.
Chapter 7: Hey, hubby.
Chapter 8: It's time for me to party!
Chapter 9: Kit Kat.
Chapter 10: Take me there.
Chapter 11: Still in love with him.
Chapter 12: Are you happy?
Chapter 13: Dinner.
Chapter 14: Louis Vuitton.
Chapter 15: We need to talk.
Chapter 16: HOPE.
Chapter 17: I was crazy.
Chapter 18: Miss Beauty and Brains.
Chapter 20: Seoul Fashion Week.
Chapter 21: Like a Rose?
Chapter 22: Mr Black, Mrs Black.
Chapter 23: Ciao.
Chapter 24: Mum.
Chapter 25: Black Industries.
Chapter 26: Donatella Versace.
Chapter 27: Nice to meet you.
Chapter 28: The Hotlist.
Chapter 29: You forgot about him.
Chapter 30: Edward and Elle Smith.
Chapter 31: I wasn't your boyfriend.
Chapter 32: Sushi.
Chapter 33: Gordon Ramsay.
Chapter 34: Back in London.
Chapter 35: Anna Wintour.
Chapter 36: Oscar de la Renta.
Chapter 37: They used to date.
Chapter 38: I like dresses.
Chapter 39: Signed with Gucci.
Chapter 40: Cause you're gorgeous.
Chapter 41: April 16th
Chapter 42: Vogue.
Chapter 43: This is happening.
THANK YOU!
Chapter 44: Make me cry.
Chapter 45: Need a ride?
Chapter 46: Home.
Chapter 47: His brother.
Chapter 48: Driving me crazy
Chapter 49: Please?
Chapter 50: Adam Black.
Chapter 51: Happiness.
Chapter 52: Sad night.
Chapter 53: July 18th
Chapter 54: Colton and Emily.
Chapter 55: You make my heart race.
Chapter 56: Getting kidnapped was fantastic.
Chapter 57: Bad Idea.
Chapter 58: The Summit
Chapter 59 : Cartier (Part 1)
Chapter 59: The effect you have on me (Part 2)
Chapter 60: Fellow Graduates
Chapter 61: Grow the fuck up.
Chapter 62: What are you afraid of?
Chapter 63: Speak Now (TV)
Chapter 64: My Darling

Chapter 19: Nobody is Perfect.

11.5K 472 133
By AurumHeart

Ethan's outfit above.

Amelia Black

"So why Bluefall?"

"I think it's every person's dream to move here because it has like a zero percent unemployment rate, it's a very beautiful city, lots of celebrities drop by and people find many life changing opportunities." Ethan replies.

That's true. Unless you're not looking, getting a job is really easy here because there are many multi billion dollar companies.

And when it comes to opportunities that are hard to come by like being in the music industry or having a job in fashion or acting, it really isn't hard to find someone with the connections because many celebrities and elites all over the world come here.

It's a very glamorous and prestigious city.

"Where do you work now?" I ask him.

It's a Saturday afternoon and he and I are having coffee at Starbucks. We've been wanting to hang out for a while now but he's been busy with his new job.

"BI, I'm the head of the graphic design department there." He replies.

This is guy is totally my guy. He's into designing things and that is something that I really love too.

"That's cool though I have no idea what BI is." I chuckle. I really don't but the name sounds interesting.

"Are you serious? That's like one of the companies that are hot on Forbes this year. It's a very huge and successful company." He says, sounding really surprised.

It's not like I read Forbes. I'm an Architectural Digest kind of girl and sometimes Vogue because of my job as a model.

"That's great." I say and then we become quiet. I use a fork to start eating my brownie and then minutes later, Ethan breaks the silence.

"So hey, what's the deal with your husband?" He asks and I can tell that he's a little bit nervous.

"Well, um..." I start. Can I tell him? Should I?

I mean, I just met him. My marriage with Adam is highly confidential. The council warned us about telling other people about it.

"He's a great guy but he cares about his work more." I tell him. That's technically the truth. 

I hate lying especially to an innocent friend like Ethan. I'm also a bad liar so I'm kind of afraid that he would see through me.

"So why did you marry him then?"

"I had to. I got out of a very bad breakup and he was there." I tell him. Another truth.

"Bad breakups." He says in a sad tone. "They are the worst. That's actually one of the main reasons why I moved here."

My eyes meet his. "Really?"

"Yes, my ex dumped me for her long lost best friend." He answers with a sad smile.

"I'm sorry." I tell him. I was dumped too through a letter.

"Yeah, it was really tough for me because she is literally the girl of my dreams. Everything I wanted and more."

Oh my God. This guy is like my soulmate. It's unbelievable. "I know exactly how you feel, Ethan." I force a smile at him.

He nods gently and looks down at his coffee. "Do you still have feelings for your ex?"

"Yup." I reply, looking away.

"Hey." He reaches for my hand across the table. "I know we just met but you don't have to hold back with me, okay?"

I give his hand a squeeze then smile. "Okay."

****

Ethan wanted to have dinner with me but I couldn't go because I had an event to attend.

It was the launch party of a Darla Monroe's lingerie line. Her husband Anthony Monroe is Adam's business partner so he invited him and I and since he's still not back, I had to attend by myself.

The past two weeks have gone by with me attending events and functions. It was good for me because I really need a break from everything. I have been avoiding all my friends. I haven't hung out with anyone since my fight with Nicole.

Like I've said before, Hardwood is really big so you only see people that you want to see. Tyler and Emily are the only people I saw in the last two weeks.

Tyler in English class and Emily came over to talk about what happened with Nicole but I told her that I didn't want to talk about it. She didn't like that but didn't push any further.

She told me when she spoke Nicole, Nicole only told her that she was just tired of me acting like I'm perfect.

We talked for sometime and when she was leaving, she told me she and Colton are traveling to Greece the next day for a private vacation. They've been gone for ten days now and from the pictures she's been sending, I can tell that they are having the best time.

They truly deserve it because they are the sweetest and most peaceful people.

I check my phone and see a message from Ethan then a reminder that says 'Therapy session with Bridget'.

Ethan: Yesterday was great. Can't wait to see you again❤️

A red heart? That's interesting.

I really like Ethan but not in a romantic way. He's attractive and very nice and he has a nice job but I just don't think he's for me even though we have so much in common.

As I'm passing by the main kitchen, I hear Adam's name so I stop then turn around and go in.

"-known as one of the richest young people alive made an announcement before leaving New York last night." The news reporter says from the kitchen plasma TV.

Then a video of Adam being followed by the cameras and reporters appears. His head is ducked down and his body guards are behind him, making space between him and the reporters. When he reaches his car, one of the bodyguards open the door for him and that's when he looks up and I see his face.

My body shivers and I feel a sad feeling in my chest. I miss him. The house feels empty and I feel completely alone because he's not here.

"You miss him." Marina states.

"What?" I turn to her with a laugh and I realise that everyone in the kitchen is looking at me.

The chef, the assistant chef and Nina and Talia who are part of the housekeeping staff.

"Your eyes looked sad when you saw him." Marina says and I feel myself blushing again.

The staff that work here probably all know that Adam and I are not a real couple. He and I never try to act loved up around them so it's not really a hard guess.

"I don't miss him." I tell them.

"Okay." Marina says with a smile.

"Where's June?"

"Miss June hasn't come here in nine days." Nina tells me.

"Well, if she comes, tell her that I'm upset because she only comes when Adam is here." I joke with a teasing smile.

"No, no. Her husband is sick, that's why." Marina quickly says.

"Really?"

Poor June. I really miss her too and I hope that her husband gets better.

"Yes but he's feeling better now."

"Oh, That's good." I smile in relief then turn to the chef. "What's for dinner, Marcus?"

"Gary and I are trying to decide on that, Mrs Black." He smiles.

Marcus is in his late forties while he's assistant, Gary is in his early thirties. They are both amazing people and obviously, they make really great and delicious meals here everyday. While Marcus is French, Gary is an American from New Jersey.

"Alright, see you guys later." I say then leave the kitchen.

So Adam is in New York? Or was since the reporter's words were 'after leaving New York last night'. My mind was so caught in his beautiful face that I didn't hear what the announcement was.

Is he coming back to Bluefall?

But if he was, he should be here by now since New York is literally three hours away. Maybe he is going somewhere else.

Fuck! It's been three weeks already. Hasn't he cooled down a bit? I can't even remember the reason we fought.

Fine, that was a lie but enough is enough.

Right?

****

"You haven't been here in a while." Dr Bridget Sloan says as I walk into her office.

I smile. "You said you weren't going to talk."

"About your present because we're not done with your past." She corrects with a smile.

Today, she has let her red hair down and I realise that it's not that long. It stops just at her shoulders.

I take a seat on her soft brown sofa and lean my head back. I'm so not ready for this session.

"I'm assuming that you coming here means that you're done with it. That you are over him?" I hear her say.

"No."

"Why do I feel like you're purposely holding on to Liam?" She ask skeptically.

Because I am. I do NOT want to let go over.

I raise my head up and look at her.

"Why are you so afraid of letting go, Amelia?" She crosses her arms over her chest and I see a triumphant look in her eyes because she knows she has figured me out.

I sigh and brush my hair back. "I just believe that in this universe, everyone has that one person that was made for them. You know, 'the one' and for me honestly, I know that Liam is the one. There is no one in this world that will be perfect for me as he was." I explain.

"Why?" Bridget asks.

Why? Why? Why? Because he's Liam?

"I don't know. He just made me feel complete and really happy." I answer.

"Any decent guy can make you feel that way if you let them."

I shake my head. "Not the way that Liam did. He was just perfect."

She sighs, tapping a pen on her desk. "I'm sorry but you have to stop using that word."

"Why?"

"Because nobody is perfect." She says simply.

I don't believe that. "Liam is. He's perfect for me."

She drops the pen and locks her hands together on the desk. "I think the reason that you are hurt so much is you gave Liam so much credit than he deserved. You told yourself that he is this perfect guy when he is not."

What the heck is she talking about? This woman is going to make me go crazy.

"You weren't open minded during your relationship. You thought everything was going to turn out perfect but in the end it didn't." She continues.

"What are you talking about?" I ask nervously, knowing at this point, I couldn't lie to myself anymore. Man, she's good.

She is right.

I wasn't just hurt by Liam, I was disappointed in him. I thought we were the 'perfect' couple and that we would be together forever so when he left, my world completely turned upside down.

It still is.

I never saw our breakup coming because I mean, it was a week before our wedding.

"You look at life positively and that is really beautiful and it is also the reason that you are hurt so badly."

"Do you think I should stop that?" I whisper, feeling my eyes get a little watery.

"It's your life, Amelia. You get to decide how you want it to be."

"But-"

"Liam is a good guy, I get that." She says. "But good guys make mistakes. They fuck up just like everyone else and you know what? It is okay. It's okay to not be perfect. It is okay to make mistakes." She goes on.

I'm listening to her but it is hard for me to understand that. I never made mistakes. I always try so hard to be the best version of myself. I've always wanted and done everything perfectly.

"Okay." I mumble then she sighs for like the fiftieth time today. I guess I'm exhausting her.

Her eyes meet. "Amelia, if you keep holding on the past, you might not have a future. It will come but you won't be able to realise that it's here." She says softly and my body stiffens.

"It's just hard for me. I never expected him to leave. We were so good together that is why I feel so fucking betrayed." I tell her honestly.

"So you think that Liam is the main reason of your breakup?" She asks and I can hear an accusation in her tone.

"Yes. If he hadn't left, I wouldn't have agreed to marry Adam." I answer. I don't know how many times I'm going to say that.

"But when Liam left, he wasn't given a choice. You on the other hand were given a choice by your father." She states.

"So?" I ask slowly.

"If you really wanted to keep on with the relationship, you shouldn't have said yes to the marriage with Adam. You should have taken a plane and followed Liam."

****

Hello, beautiful people!

Do you guys like Ethan?

Is Bridget right?

What do you think is going to happen next?

See you next week😉

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

All the love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 27.3K 44
Book #2 [Sequel to 'All About Revenge'] [COMPLETED] ***** "I can't do this anymore." I said as ano...
797K 14.3K 49
THIS BOOK IS 18+/ NOW ON KINDLE VELLA WITH SOME ADJUSTMENTS! "Alright, I'll tell you the rules twice, and I'll need you to memorize them, write them...
63.3K 3.1K 56
Indelible Series Book #1 #28 [laughter] in 4.4k stories [11/11/20] #3 [badass female] (24/01/21) A carrier oriented middle class girl Ayat Seth was p...
295K 13.1K 52
This is the sequel of the story, "Slave of a Billionaire". This story is about the life of Ronnie's and Caitlin's daughter Susan. Susan is in college...