Contract Agreement With My Be...

By reader_010

My life used to be simple. I got normal problems like everyone else. I got everything planned out. After grad... More

Prologue
Chapter 2: My stolen first kiss
Chapter 3: Contract?
Chapter 4: College Party
Chapter 5: Making it Official
Chapter 6: Back to School?
Chapter 7: Can I really do it?
Chapter 8: Festival
Chapter 9: Spin the bottle
Chapter 10: Miss being Me
Chapter 11: Weekend with Tyler
Chapter 12: Birthday
Chapter: 13 Preparing the Party
Chapter 14: Lacey's Party
Chapter 15: Back to LA
Chapter 16: Burnt Turkey
Chapter 17: Scavenger Hunt
Chapter 18: The Deal
Chapter 19: New Year
Chapter 20: Four of us
Chapter 21: Date with Tori
Chapter 22: Paint
Chapter 23: Masquerade Ball
Chapter 24: Weekend with Sarah
Chapter 25: Amusement Park
Chapter 26: Make A Wish
Chapter 27: No Luck
Chapter 28: Wade
Chapter 29: Hate The Rain
Chapter 30: What About Now?
Chapter 31: Hot Spring
Chapter 32: Little Miss Temptress
Chapter 33: Summer Break
Chapter 34: This is Peaceful
Chapter 35: Not Worth It
Chapter 36: Hotel Party
Chapter 37: Favor
Chapter 38: Lunch
Chapter 39: Dance
Chapter 40: Celebrity Crush
Chapter 41: It Was Us
Chapter 42: Mr. Wilter
Chapter 43: Thailand
Chapter 44: Nothing Happen
Chapter 45: Miss You
Chapter 46: I Can't
Chapter 47: It's Just A Kiss
Chapter 48: Take Me Now
Chapter 49: Still Want Her
Chapter 50: Ivan Greyson
Chapter 51: It's A Date
Chapter 52: Tyler's Birthday
Chapter 53: Photos
Chapter 54: All Ever Wanted
Chapter 55: Breakfast
Chapter 56: Not A Dream?
Chapter 57: As Friends
Chapter 58: In The Past
Chapter 59: Promise Me
Chapter 60: That Simple
Chapter 61: Sister I Wish I Had
Chapter 62: Wedding
Marriage Contract

Chapter 1: Not so bad coming back home

137 8 0
By reader_010

Here I am walking in our old neighborhood.

I still haven't fully established the story I was rehearsing in my head in case my mom decided to ask me a bunch of questions on why I decided to visit her back.

Just a few more minutes and I reached the house. 

All lights are out.

She's not home. There's no way, she will sleep this early. I tried to wait some more but an hour has left and still no sign of her.

I tried to call her but it's not working.

Did she changed her mobile number? I asked myself.

Now I'm sure, she might not even be back for tonight. I sighed again.

My bad luck is also extended here I guess.

My eyes landed on Sarah's Mansion.

Oh yes, Sarah's family is very rich. Our house is just a few steps away. We have been neighbors since I was very young. Our parents are also very close and that's probably why Sarah and I became bestfriends.

I sighed heavily before ringing the bell.

"Yeah just a sec." I heard her yelled.

I'm sure she will be asking me questions none stop. Between Sarah and I, she's usually the talker and I'm more of a listener.

Her eyes wide open once she opened the door.

Okay I didn't expect her to be so overwhelm.

"OLI?!" She said loudly.

I mentally rolled my eyes.

Of course, she'll think I'm Oli. Not only because of my haircut but also of how I dress right now. I mean I guess I haven't mention it yet but I happen to lose all of my remaining clothes, the day I realized I got scam. I tried to chase the company to get my money back but then my luggage was lost somewhere while trying to chase after the guy who invited me to invest on that company he recommended.

I'm wearing a white jacket with hoodie and a black denim pants which Tyler lend me since I got nothing else to wear. I can't afford to be choosy now can I? Tyler may be gay but he still wears a lot of manly clothes. 

"Nice try Sar, how about you try guessing again?" I said frowning.

There's no way Oli will be calling her "Sar" I'm the only one who calls her that nickname.

"O!? Is that really you?? My bestfriend Olivia?" She asked while her jaw is wide open.

See, this is why I told you Tyler and Sarah has a lot of things in common. Just like Tyler, Sarah also has a massive crush on my twin brother since we were young. 

Her pinkish blush is still quite visible. 

I nodded in response to her previous question.

She hugged me tight.

"OMG! I missed you so much!" She said smiling widely at me. 

Then suddenly she step a bit closer.

I shoved her away. I mean I still need my personal space. I don't like people getting way too close. I only force myself to be comfortable when it comes to acting.

"Yes, you really are O!" She said between laughter.

She frowned at me.

"Why are you dress like a man? You really look like your brother right now." She asked skeptically.

Before I can even begin to explain myself and talk, she was already formulating theories in her weird brain of hers. I've known her for so long that it was really easy for me to read her.

She became all jumpy and excited like she had discovered a really interesting secret. She held both of my hands and stare intensely at me.

Damn, what is my weird bestfriend thinking right now? I asked myself.

"Is this your way of coming out to me? I mean.." She was being coy. 

"I'm NOT gay!" I screamed. 

I'm not homophobic I promised.. I just felt like I need to stress the words out for Sarah to understand.

"Okay, okay.. geez, need not be so defensive about it." She said retracting from me.

I might have scared her a little when I raised my voice.

"Um.. can I.. can I?" I can't bring myself to ask when my stomach began to growl loudly.

We both stared at my stomach when I start to rub it.

"You're hungry!" She took my hand.

Yes, I am so hungry. I haven't eaten anything since my long travel back home. I was just about to ask her for food but I was really shy. 

I followed her in the kitchen. She brought out two plates. 

"Your timing is perfect. I'm just about to eat dinner." She said smiling warmly.

"At least I won't be eating alone this time." She added.

Her parents are always away for business trips. She's usually alone in their mansion. 

"Still not gonna tell me why you cut your hair short and why you are dress like that?" She asked again.

Yeah, she's a very persistent girl. Once she grew curious about something, she won't stop bugging you.

"I'll tell you later. It's a long story." I said while focusing on the food. 

Sarah has talent when it comes to cooking. I miss this kind of comfort food. Tyler and I both suck at cooking. We usually order fastfood which isn't really very healthy. 

"Fine." She nodded while taking a bite from her plate. She looks excited to hear the story. 

There's really nothing exciting about my story. I said to myself.

"You really missed my cooking don't you?" She asked proudly while giggling.

I'm so embarrassed right now. I guess I look like I haven't eaten properly for a long time.

Which is true. I think I was slowly drifting to depression because of all my misfortune.

She notice how uneasy I was. She glance at my free hand and held it on her own.

"Hey, everything alright?" She asked concern.

I force a smile. "Yeah, I just really miss you and your great cooking skills." I move my hand away gently. 

"More water?" I asked instead while eyeing her empty glass.

"Sure." I pour her glass. "how about you? Want more pasta?" She asked sweetly.

I shook my head. I'm already full. 

"Do you know where my mom went?" I asked changing the topic.

"Oh, yes.. about that. My mom and dad are on a business trip. They brought your mom with them." She replied.

My mom is working for Sarah's parents. She's the only one they can entrust with important matters. After my dad past away, Mr. and Mrs. Wilter were like the extension of my family. They were there for us when my mom was having the worst time of her life.

"Well, I guess I'm still homeless." I didn't mean to let Sarah hear that but she did.

"What did you say?!" She asked while shaking me back and fort.

"Did Tyler kick you out?" Sarah asked. She was starting to get mad.

"Hey, don't get the wrong idea now Sar." I said while trying to stop her from shaking me.

I think I'm getting dizzy.

"Wow! Still defending him now?" She is only getting more pissed.

I don't know why Sarah and Tyler keeps having this childish feud.

"Stop shaking me please." I said in a low voice.

She stop what she's doing.

"Well It's a good thing you decided to come back. I'll never kick you out." She said proudly.

She kiss my cheeks gently.

What she said made my heart feel warm and tingly.

A few moments later, we reached her room on second floor.

She open her room widely.

My jaw drop in shock.

Her room is such a mess.

She close it immediately. I guess she was embarassed about it.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know you were coming tonight." She said defensively.

I never once saw her room this messy. I mean it was always organize and neat compared to mine.

"I'm a lot messier." I replied trying to comfort her.

I open the door and walk in.

"I'll help you clean this whole thing up." I offered while taking a few books on the floor.

"No! I'll do it myself." She said trying to snatch the books away.

I'm sorry but I'll actually tall. Too tall compared to her. I'm 6ft tall while she was 5'5 I think..

When she grew tired of trying, she decided to focus on her other stuff on the floor.

All her clothes are mess up.

"Is this why you haven't called me in weeks?" I asked.

"What?" She asked confused.

"How's school?" I asked curiously. I have a bad feeling about it.

"I'm only telling if you tell me how you've been in LA." She challenged.

Well, she's a fighter. I'll give you that.

"I got scam and now I don't have anything. All my money and stuff are gone. It's not Tyler's fault so please don't be mad at him." I reasoned.

Her eyes wide open.

"How did it happen?" She asked sitting next to me.

"I was being stupid. I thought investing my money will help me get into an acting school. I found an amazing program which would help all aspiring actress and actors in their future career. I heard that so many of those who joined are now big stars of different networks and some are even hollywood stars now." I explained.

"Tyler should have talked you out of it!" She is really trying to put the blame on him gosh.

"Sar, c'mon. I just told you not to be mad at him. He tried to talk me out but I still insisted." I replied defending him.

"If I was him, I would have able to stop you." She said confidently.

She's right. She would have. She always win when it comes to this. I always end up following her.

"Maybe.." I said. Well I won't admit it even if it's true. She will just be all cocky about it.

"You should really stop hating Tyler. If only you knew, the reason why I'm even back is because of him. If he didn't lend me some money, I won't be able to come home." I mention.

"Well, I can pay him back for you." She replied instantly.

"And not only that... I initially refuse to come home but then he told me he will call you and make you come all the way to LA just to fetch me." I said.

She didn't want to believe me at first.

"Fine.. whatever! I still don't like him." She said while crossing her arms.

"And why's that?" I asked

"Because he was stealing you away." She replied.

Oh so Sarah is that kind of friend. A possessive one.

"I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to sound possessive or anything. But you get what I'm trying to say right?" She asked unsure.

"Not really.." I play dumb.

She slap my shoulder.

"I'm joking. I get it. You are jealous." It's my turn to be cocky and confident.

"I AM NOT!" She said loudly.

I burst into laughter.

"Stop laughing.. I said I'm not! Tyler is nothing compare to me. I will always be your first and only bestfriend. He's just your old roommate and close friend." She said attacking me with pillow.

I held both of her wrist to stop her from what she's doing. I pull her towards me.

Her face is only inches away from mine. I got uncomfortable and shift my glance else where.

I tilt my head a little just to see how she was doing. Her face was all red. Is she blushing?

She drop the pillow and push my shoulder with enough strength while I was distracted. She got away from my grip.

"Damn, you really look like Oli right now." She whispered under her breath.

So that's why she's blushing.

"Okay, enough about me. Now it's your turn to tell me how you've been doing while I was away." I said bringing back the topic from earlier.

She fixed her position and sat properly.

"Well, as you know. My class started a few weeks ago." She started.

I just lean forward focusing on her story.

"I've been having trouble trying to fit in. You see.. college is sort of like highschool. But instead it just got bigger. All sororities and fraternities everywhere. I have to make a good impression to survive." She said while gazing at me.

She look so serious.

I'm glad I was able to skip all of these. Interacting to strangers is very tiring and draining my whole energy.

So she spend ranting and venting on me the whole evening.

"They instantly think I'm weird for being a virgin and never having a boyfriend!" She complained.

Yeah that's right. We're the same. Late bloomers. Never got a boyfriend. I mean I went to some dates before but it was all awkward since I couldn't start a normal conversation. Sarah's only excuse was because she was waiting for Oli to come around and notice her.

Being the good friend that I am, I told her to just quit it. But she never listens to me. If I'm being totally honest, I think Oliver might be secretly gay. He never really had interest on anyone. He was very popular in our school before even though he was that loner kid who likes being on his own.

I still remember the day he decided to move away.

After highschool, he just told my mom he wanted to be on his own then left our house. A few weeks later, I did the same.

But oh well, things didn't turn out great for me.

I felt Sarah poking my shoulder while I was under my own thoughts

"Great!" She was being sarcastic. "You're not even listening are you?" She said accusingly.

"I'm just a little tired." I said while lying on the bed.

I miss this place. This was practically my second home.

"Of course you are." She said lying next to me.

Her bed is actually big, even three or four person would be able to fit in here.

Very comfortable, Sarah is so lucky I sometimes get jealous.

She embrace me tightly. I think I just got use to her. I don't normally let people get too close to me.

That's probably why I haven't gotten any decent role to advance my acting career. I'm way too uncomfortable and uptight.

She pinch my cheeks.

"Always spacing out are you?" She mumbled.

She's still not done venting her frustrations.

I look down to face her.

There goes that face again, she burried her face on my side to hide her blush.

"Stop doing that!" I complained.

"I can't help it. You look exactly like Oli. You know how I feel about him." She said shyly.

"Well do I need to remind you that I'm not him and I'm still a girl. Practically your sister so stop getting any funny or weird thoughts around me." I said.

She giggle under me.

She's really weird.

"Maybe I want to make it official and be your sister-in-law for real." She replied.

I start to laugh with her.

"Then you have to find my brother first. Give him some love pill so you can finally take him for yourself." I joked.

"O!!!!" She said while slapping me.

She's brutal.

"Is that what Tyler has been teaching you? Didn't think you can be that naughty and wild." She said trying to lecture me but her face is still bright red.

I hugged her tight to stop her from slapping me.

She was surprised. How could she not when I seldom initiate a hug.

"Let's go to sleep now. I'm really tired plus.. you still have classes tomorrow right?" I whispered on her other ear.

I felt her tense up. Geez, I guess she's thinking about Oli again. I never found someone so dedicated like Sarah.

I pull away from the hug.

She nodded gently and shift her position. Her head facing the other side of the bed. I'm facing her back.

"Good night Sar." I said on my sleepy voice.

"Yeah, you too O.. Good night." She replied.

I close my eyes and thought..

it's not so bad coming back home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.3K 1K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
Gaydar By HoeyJoey

Teen Fiction

4.7K 1.1K 20
How do you tell if someone is gay? Well some people have the special ability to use what is called a gaydar, which can pinpoint signs or mannerisms t...
27.2K 516 26
Hey. I'm Olivia. My life seems so normal until, BOOM!, reality check. Who am I kidding? My life will never be normal. I'm not your usual tomboy. Sure...
38.2M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...