Percy Jackson's Sister

By demigodreams

Hey, Cassidy here. I'm sure you've heard ALL about Percy's adventures but what you didn't hear is that he did... More

Why?
Presenting the future: Rainbow Calling
Deadly Camp? I'm in.
Tin Can Attack!!
The Lava Wall is Right Next to the Pegasi, You Can't Miss It!
Cool cabin, bit spacious don't you think?
Cover your eyes and play those funky tunes!
First Horses, Now Snakes? Just Pass the Soda.
Cruise Ship in Need of Febreeze
So, No One Else is Gonna Bring Up Dogzilla? Okay.
Eavesdropping 101: Get a Cyclops
A Small Explosion Goes a Long Way
Skipping Stones is Overrated, Try Boats!
Who Knew Donuts Could be Scary?
Off With it's Head(s)!
Zombie Ship to the Rescue
Trying to Kill You was an Accident, I Swear
I Prefer the Monster Cruise to This Ship
Don't Yell at Carrisa
Brain Freeze on a New Level
Anything but the Giant Tiolet, Please
Take a Deep Breath, Just Without Oxegyn
Take the Metal Out of Your Brother
A Prophecy? No thanks.
Clipboard Lady to the Rescue
Paradise is Kind of Rude
I Get a Makeover
I am NOT Related to a Rodent
So Many Ships, So Little Time
Let's not Focus on Mortal Parents
Why Does Everyone Want to Kill Me?
This Song Will be the Death of You
One Sided Conversation, As Always
Death Sheep, Not Cool
Just A Bride Switch Up, No Biggy
Sheep Taxi, Still Better Than Regular Taxi
Nobody to The Rescue?
Nevermind, The Rope Bridge Isn't Any Better
Dude, You're Glowing
Could You Please Throw Something Other Than Rocks?
Miami Holds Unpleasent Surprises
Someone Gets Fired
All Weapons, No Donuts
NOW It's a Party
Dude! Watch Out for That Paintball, Dude!
I Have a New Love for Half Horse People
Finally, Home.
Making New Friends is Easier at Camp
Finally, Some Good News
I Get a Sword Upgrade
Goodbye Brother, For Now
No Longer a Tree
An Old Friend
A/N

I Swear the Fish Horse Won't Bite

3K 100 33
By demigodreams

We both looked up at the stranger who seemed to have lost interest in us and was now looking at the stars.

I thought I should've known him, but his face didn't ring any bells. He was tall and slim, his hair looked like someone had sprinkled salt and pepper on top.

Percy had told me that the barriers protected mortals from entering so he couldn't have been just any regular guy walking on the beach.

"Beautiful, aren't they?" He asked, referring to the stars.

"May I join you?" He asked looking back at us. "I haven't sat down in ages."

I looked at Percy, thinking he would have more common sense then to let a random stranger (possibly murderer) have a midnight snack with us. Clearly, he hasn't gotten brighter in the past days i've known him.

"Uh sure," he replied scooting over some more, forcing me to also make space for our newfound stranger.

"Ah, you're hospitality does you credit," he sighed, taking a seat besides Percy. "Oh, and a Coca-Cola, may I?"

Percy handed him one and he took a sip.

"Ah, that hits the spot, peace and quiet at-"

"Who are you?" I asked, interrupting him. He opened his mouth to answer but his cell phone began to ring. He looked disappointed, as if he did not wish to receive calls anymore.

When he took out his phone, Percy and I were taken aback. It was glowing in an unnatural way and when he extended his antenna two snakes wrapped around it, hissing in protest.

The man did not seem to notice or just didn't care.

"I've gotta take this just a sec," he answered his phone. "Hello?"

The snakes kept moving up and down the antenna, and the man didn't even flinch.

"Yeah" he said, "Listen- I know, but... I don't care if he is chained to a rock with vultures picking on his liver, if he doesn't have a tracking number we can't locate his package..."

I side glanced at Percy and he gave me an inquisitive look.

"If we run right now, we might be able to make it to the cabin," I whispered.

"Give him a sec," he said, turning his attention back to the snake guy.

"Yeah, just refer him to Eris in customer service, I gotta go," Snake Dude hung up his phone.

"Sorry, the overnight express business is just booming. Now as I was saying-"

"You have snakes on your phone," Percy cut him off.

"What? Oh, they don't bite," he turned the antenna so that the snakes were facing us. "Say hello, George and Martha."

Hello, George and Martha, a voice spoke in my head and I scooted back.

"Please tell me y'all hear the voices too"

Don't be sarcastic, a female voice this time, still in my head.

Percy and I looked at each other and I could tell he was also hearing it.

Why not, the male demanded, I assumed, George. I do all the real work.

"Oh let's not get into that again," Snake Dude spoke out loud. He shoved his phone back in his pocket, acting like nothing had happened.

"Now, where were we? Ah yes, peace and quiet."

He looked up at the stars, focusing on each one for a couple of seconds and moving.

"Any favorite constellations?" He asked.

"I don't know any," I answered, I never really payed attention in astronomy.

"Uh, I like Hercules," Percy answered, pointing to the sky and trying to outline it so I could see it.

I nodded, pretending I knew what he was pointing at, it all looked like clutter to me.

"Why's that?" Snake Dude questioned.

"Well... because he had rotten luck. Even worse than mine, it makes me feel better."

I smiled and thought that was a pretty good reason.
Snake Dude laughed and asked "Not because he was strong and famous and all that?"

"No."

"You're an interesting young man, Percy Jackson. And you, Cassidy," he paused for a second and turned to look at me.

"Well, you're more resourceful than you let on, a valuable member you are."

I really didn't understand what he was saying, I just looked down at the sand, hoping he couldn't see right through me.

"And so, now what?" Snake Dude asked.

I didn't know what he was talking about but Percy seemed to have gotten it.

Before he could answer, the female voice spoke in our heads again.

I have Demeter on line two, she said.

"Not now, tell her to leave a message," he answered.

She won't like that, Martha spoke. Last time you put her off all the flowers in the floral delivery division wilted.

"Tell her I'm in a meeting!" He rolled his eyes and that's when I realized why he looked familiar. "You were saying?"

"You're Hermes," I said, staring in disbelief, starting to notice similarities between him and the the Stolls. And Luke.

"Smart, observative, tell me, what gave me away?"

"You just remind me of..." I paused for a moment. I wanted to say Luke so badly, he resembled him so much. But I couldn't let Percy know, not yet at least.

"Travis, and Connor, your kids," I finished.
"They have that same mischievous look, like at any moment something's going to pop out of your pocket and you know just who to blame."

"Yes, pranksters, those are."

Percy still looked a little confused, "Hermes?" He asked.
Hermes reached out his cell phone and pulled out the antenna. It began to elongate into a full size caduceus, the symbol of Hermes, both snakes wrapped around it.

"You're Luke's father?" Percy said, his face clearing up a bit now seeing solid evidence that this was in fact Hermes.

Hermes frowned. "Luke's father," he repeated. "Normally, that's not the first way people introduce me. God of thieves, god of messengers and travelers, if they wish to be kind."

Just then something on the shore caught my attention. I toned out Percy and Hermes' conversation and slightly scooted away. Percy seemed to notice because his head turned slightly towards my direction. I stayed put but did not turn my attention from the sparkling object buried in the sand. The waves were crashing on it but it wouldn't move. I wanted to get closer but I didn't want to draw their attention towards me, especially not Hermes'. I thought it could maybe be a gem or something, but I tried to push down mu true thoughts. Maybe Poseidon had finally felt guilty enough to send some type of message that he had acknowledged my existence through the years. That maybe he did care. That thought scared me more than Hermes so I turned my attention back to the conversation.

"You're saying I should go," Percy was saying, "even without permission?" For some reason it shocked me he would care about that.

Instead of answering, he turned towards his snakes. "Martha, may I have the first package, please"

The snake elongated her mouth until a large container came out of it. I was aware that snakes could extend their jaw a lot but it was kinda scary seeing it up close and personal.

The thermos finally finished coming out and it was elaborately decorated with violent red and gold scenery.

"That's Hercules!" Percy looked baffled. "But how-"

"Never question a gift." It was Hermes' turn to interrupt. "It's a collector's item from season one of Hercules Busts Heads."

"Hercules Busts Heads?" Percy asked.

"There was more than one season of a show called 'Hercules Busts Heads'?" I asked.

"Yes, great show. A shame Hephaestus TV doesn't give reruns," he said. "Of course this would be worth much more if I had the matching lunch box."

Or if it hadn't been in Martha's mouth, George added.

Martha began chasing George, or at least trying to, considering they were both attached to the same stick.

"This is a gift?" Percy asked.

"One of two," Hermes answered. "Pick it up"

Percy did as he was told and began examining it. His hands pulled away at times as if the thermos were shocking him or something. As realization dawned on his face, Hermes smirked.

"It's a compass!" Percy was shocked. I didn't know how he could tell that but Hermes' face confirmed.

"Very clever, though that is not its main purpose," Hermes explained. "Uncap it and you will release the four winds to speed you on your way."

"No way!" Percy began to uncap it and I went in closer to see.

"Not now!" Hermes yelled in panic. "Not here. The winds are much like me, restless. When you do open it, only uncap it slightly. I'm sure you'll figure it out. Now for the second gesture. George?"

She's touching me, George complained.

"She's always touching you, you're intertwined. If you don't stop that you'll get tangled again."

They stopped attacking each other and George regurgitated something. Hermes picked it up and shook it.

"You're kidding me," Percy stared. "Are those minotaur shaped?"

Hermes tossed the bottle to me and at closer examination I could see they were some sort of vitamin.

"The yellow ones, yes. Don't take these unless you really, and I cannot stress this enough, really need it." I looked down at what seemed to be harmless chewable vitamins.

"How do I know when I really really need it?" I asked.

"I trust you will be able to tell when the time comes. It's packed with everything you need to feel yourself again"

I studied the bottle in my hand. I'd love to feel myself again, but something told me that's not what he meant. Not here. Not now.

"Um, not that I'm not grateful, Lord Hermes," Percy spoke up, "but why are you helping us?"

Us. He didn't say me, he didn't say camp, he said us. Whether I liked it or not, I was now part of what was about to go down.

Something new awoke in me, perhaps adrenaline. Or maybe fear. I had tuned out his answer but I couldn't possibly tune out the name he spoke. The way Percy said it, the way Hermes looked at me. He knew. More than I did, he knew.

I couldn't help but flinching at the name Luke. It wasn't possible, yet at the same time, a voice inside me told me it was.

"Ring a bell, does it, Cassidy?" Hermes inquired. I refused to look any of them in the eye. Percy spoke up in a fearful voice.

"You know him, Cassidy?"

I stayed silent in fear that I would answer incorrectly.

"Look," Percy turned back to Hermes, "you might as well take your gifts back. Luke is beyond saving. He told me himself he wants to rip Olympus apart stone by stone. He hates the gods. You mostly."

Hermes sighed. "My dear young cousin, if there's one thing I've learned over the eons, it's that you can't give up on your family, no matter how tempting they make it. It doesn't matter if they hate you, or embarrass you, or simply don't appreciate your genius for inventing the Internet—"

"You invented the Internet?"

It was my idea, Martha said.

"It was MY idea," Hermes argued. "That's not the point, do you understand what I'm telling you, Percy?"

"I- I'm not sure"

"You will someday. In the meantime, I must be going. And it seems you two, as well. Your friends should be coming right about... now."

I heard to distant voices calling Percy's name. I recognized one of them to be Tyson's.

You have a shorter deadline than you realize to complete your quest. I hope I packed well for you. I do have experience in travel"

He snapped and four yellow duffel bags appeared on the ground.

"Waterproof, of course." Hermes said. "I'm sure if you ask nicely your father will be able to help you reach the ship."

"What ship?" Percy asked.

"I'm afraid I wasn't talking to you, Percy Jackson."

He looked at me and smiled. Good luck, he was silently saying.

"Wait, I haven't even accepted to go!" Percy exclaimed.

"Neither have I," I argued.

"Well you better make your decision fast, it's either that or the harpies."

Hermes summoned his caduceus and began to jog off the beach as i distantly heard George ask us to bring him back a rat. He vanished and I turned to look at Percy. We both made a silent agreement. We had to follow the ship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199 13 14
DISCLAIMER!!!!! I DO NOT OWN THE PERCY JACKSON UNIVERSE I GIVE TOTAL AND UNDENIABLE CREDIT TO RICK RIORDAN. THIS IS ONLY A FANFICTON!!! Also, please...
3.3K 133 28
Meet the new demigods in camp, Bianca and Jo. These two girls loved the Percy Jackson books till to depth of Tartarus and back again. But when the ch...
107K 4.6K 73
*Complete* 160,000+ words ~Book 2~ There was one thing I knew for fact. I was summoned to this world somehow, and now the only person that can send m...
5.3K 160 23
Percy has lost everything, Jason, Piper, Frank, Hazel, Leo had all died in the war. Even Ann... her. Percy couldn't say her name anymore. He left cam...