Toronto Love

Av amber04blank_

When a girl moves back to her hometown, Canada, with her best friend and roommate, a special someone falls in... Mer

The start
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
39
40
The end

38

785 10 2
Av amber04blank_

Today is Saturday, March 14th, the big day. Not officially the big day where I am giving birth but it's close to it. It's the day where we get to find out the gender of our child.
For the big party thrower that she is, I had asked Christina to throw the gender reveal party for us. It's been so hard talking to her on the phone because she's so excited about it and almost came out and said it on accident so many times. I had gave my doctor the phone number of hers so she could call Christina when it was time so she could get everything and be able to come to Toronto for it. I am 18 weeks pregnant and almost at the half mark of my pregnancy.

These few months are going to be super, super busy because today's the gender reveal, next month is my 23rd birthday, May is Will and Mitches birthday, then Canada day will be the week after that, the playoffs will be coming up in the upcoming months, the baby will be here, we are trying to settle in this new house before the baby gets here, Austons birthday is in September, and then a bunch of holidays are going to be here before we know it. Oh, and soon will be planning my baby shower once we know the gender.

'Wow, the rest of this year is going to be nonstop'. I say in my head as I'm reflecting on what's going to be happening the months ahead.

From Patty Marleau: got orders from the boss, she told me to tell you DO NOT come before the clock hits 2:00. And no later than 2:30. Gender reveal is 3:00 on the dot.

I laughed. I can tell she wants this as perfect as possible especially since she's the godmother now.

From Daddo: Good morning sunshine, I can't wait to find out what my little grandchild is going to be! This is going to be one of the most special days in your life and I wish I could be there for it. You and William are going to be the most amazing and loving parents there is. I still can't believe my little baby is going to have a little one herself. Love you guys!
> good morning, I wish you were here too dad but thank you for raising me and showing me how to raise a child how one should. You were my mom and dad and I'm very lucky to have Will in my life. Trust me, I can't believe it either. I'll talk to you soon, we love you too.

"You look beautiful" Will says as he puts his arms around me from the back, touching my stomach.

I'm taking a photo of me at 18 weeks. From the start, since I found out I was pregnant, every week I had took a photo to show how I'm growing and eventually will be taking a photo with our child.

"Thanks" I give him a kiss. "I just want to go to the party already"
"We still have a long 2 more hours until we're allowed to step foot in the door of their house"
I grunt and go find something to snack on. I really don't have cravings anymore but I have been eating a lot of hard boiled eggs and chocolate. Weird combination right?

"Can we leave now?" I stand by the door with all of my stuff, ready to go.
"How about we go walk around the park? That sound better than just sitting in the house until it's time to leave?" Will suggests.
"She can't. What if a fan or someone comes up to you and sees she's pregnant. Tomorrow, go please and do whatever you want but as of today, it's still a secret. When she goes to your games or out in public, you can't tell because she's wearing your big jersey or a hoodie or something." Mitch tells us which got us thinking we obviously can't do that.
"I'm going to pack some things in my room then"
"I still can't believe you're moving out of here. We've been basically living together since we were born. Took a couple years off because I moved here and you went to Michigan but we're finally back and now you're leaving"
"Mitch... I'm only going to be 10 minutes from here. I'll probably see you everyday anyway."

I got so into packing, I lost track of time which was actually good.
"T, it's time to go now."
I don't hesitate and I jump up, grab my phone, shoes, and jack and I'm the first one out of the door beating everyone who was already ready.

As we were pulling up to the Marleau's home, Mitch, who was driving, was honking his horn all the way down the street to know we were there. For me, I love parties but I hate being the center of attention. I just like to plan and have them.

I seen the boys run outside to get me, Caleb grabbing my hand and pulling me inside as everyone else trails. I walk up to the front door to see it all decorated with bees and a sign that read 'He or she? Walk in to see what baby will bee' so that gave away the theme of the gender reveal party.
As I walked in the front door, the house was filled with so many familiar faces of family and friends and it was decorated so beautifully, just how I had always envisioned it to look like.

This was my first time actually seeing the Marleau's the first time since they left, besides on FaceTime. They arrived late last night and today, Saturday, is the party. The boys have school on Monday so they are leaving tomorrow afternoon since they are just in town to throw this party which I'm very thankful of.
Walking around the house, I just kept seeing different people and had to stop to give them hugs and 'thank you's' because I just kept hearing 'congrats'.
As I was standing there getting food on my plate, I hear two very familiar voices say my name which makes me turn around.
My plate almost drops.

"Oh my gosh!" I feel like I'm starting to cry. "Tyler, Ryan, oh my gosh. I didn't know - I didn't know you guys were going to be here!" I say my two brothers names and give them both huge hugs. I haven't seen them in almost a year due to their schedules and this is the first time they got to see me in person, pregnant.
My brothers, aunt, and 2 of my cousins were here and for Will's family, it was his mom, dad, uncle, cousin, and his close friend from back home. They all flew in early this morning to be here for him and to come to the game tomorrow afternoon to watch him. They all are from Calgary, which isn't close.

It's so crazy to me and kind of messed up that I haven't met Will's parents in person and I'm giving birth to his child in a few months. At least will met my dad before we even started dating so he had an idea of him. I was so nervous to meet them giving the circumstances but I felt very welcomed and loved from the first hug his mom gave me. I'm so happy to be apart of this family now.
Besides the few family members that came for me, I had many of friends there that were family to me. I would say more than half of the leafs team and staff were there, the others couldn't make it.

About an hour went past of all of us eating the food Christina had prepared for us, having drinks (except for me of course, I had my mom mosa- non alcoholic.), and just mingling, I heard a loud blow horn go off.
"If I could have everyone's attention please" Patrick yells out to the crowd. "Can we all please make our way into the backyard where the rink is"
I stop thinking, 'is it finally happening? Are we finally going to figure out the gender of our baby?'

In the Marleau's backyard, there is an ice rink big enough for the boys to play a game. Will and I lace up our skates, his with blue laces, mine with pink, and we head out on the ice, just the two of us, as everyone else is surrounded around the boards where the heathers are to keep warm. I don't blame them, it is around 45 degrees today.
We both notice a black puck center ice.

"Yo! Nylander, make sure you actually hit this puck today, it's a very special one. Don't miss this time like you do every game" Coach Babcock makes a joke which roasts Will, everyone can't stop laughing.
"Slapshot in 5...4..." Mitch starts to chant for everyone to count down along.
"...3...2...1... shoot!"

Will winds up his slapshot at 1 second and shoots when time ends. It was the best shot he has ever took in his life... not even the one in the Stanley cup last year.

Power bursts out of the puck and everyone starts cheering and clapping.

The powder was blue.
Blue.

We are having a boy.

I could not be any more excited about this.

Later on in the night, so everyone could finally speak about it, Will and I decided to make the first post to tell the world so others could also.

Instagram:

: "It's a boy!! Thank you to everyone who came and made this day amazing. Will and I could not be any happier about having a baby boy. You will be so loved by many and you are very spoiled already. I cannot wait to see you grow up each an everyday as you learn. We can't wait to meet you little man.
@tylerseguin92 - I'm so happy for you and Will. I'm going to be the best uncle in the whole world to this little guy. How do you know he doesn't want to be a Stars fan?? He's going to be wearing my jersey ya know... love you guys.
@marner16 - you're number 1 godfather loves you more than ever. I can't wait for you to come into this world in a few more months. It's been a crazy journey T and I'm so proud of you sis. From day 1, since we couldn't walk and until now, we're inseparable. Our kids will be one day to... I just have to find a girlfriend first.
@auston_matthews34 - um... he's going to like me more soo no room to talk just yet, also how are you number 1 marner? She asked us both at the same time. But anyway, congratulations to Will and Teag. I am so happy for you two. Baby Nylander isn't here yet and you're already amazing parents. This baby doesn't know how great of a life he's going to live. Love you guys!
@eric.lindros1 - to my not so little baby anymore, I am so proud of the woman you have grew up to be. I hope I had taught you some things in life that you could use when my grandson is here. God gave you this gift because he knew you could take on anything in life. I'm not there to hold your hand anymore, and I haven't been for years now. You have Will now who I'm blessed to know he's in your life. I love you and I cannot wait to meet you baby boy.

Instagram:
@williamnylander

: "surprise! Many of you guys are probably surprised by this- well actually, everyone is except close friends and family. We thank you for being there and celebrating this special day with us as we found out what Teagan and I will be having. And it's a boy! When I found out T was pregnant, the one thing I was nervous about was if we were to have a girl. Periods, boys, chances of getting pregnant like we just experienced, and stuff dads can't do with girls. But either way I was going to be happy. Today we found out it was a boy... there were so many things running through my head. I'm already thinking of the things I can't wait to do with him.
Teagan- I'm so blessed our crazy friend Mitchell Marner has brought us together or else none of this would have happened. I love you and our son. Thank you for the possibility of starting this family and our future together."

Comments disabled.
23.6k likes

We knew we were going to get a bunch of questions, good message, and also bad from fans, mostly girl fans.
They would call me a puck slut because I got pregnant although they really didn't know the timeline of things.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

83.8K 1.2K 47
Delaney has played hockey for as long as she can remember. She grew up with two older brothers who've been playing since the age of four and are now...
108K 749 50
Just a teen trying to live her dream in Toronto. {toronto maple leafs}
LOST CALL. Av am

Fanfiction

175K 3.1K 24
━━ AUSTON MATTHEWS! ❝ Eventually, everything connects.❞ [toronto maple leafs] [auston matthews] © nazemkadri 2017
12K 325 34
After a catastrophic car crash, Zoey lost a huge chunk of her memory. As her memories of her life slowly come back to her, Zoey still tries to make a...