The Night That Changed Everyt...

By ChelciaGordon

We've all made mistakes before, right? But when Kayla Stewart makes the drunken mistake of falling into the b... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!
IMPORTANT QUESTION - PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE
I needed to explain a couple of things to you, please read (Essential)
News: UPDATE
Chapter Fourty
Chapter 41
Happy New Year - I'm back!

Chapter Sixteen

44.9K 866 32
By ChelciaGordon

Kayla

The toaster lets out a beep, sending the toasted bread shooting into the air as I retrieve the scorching slices and place them down onto the empty, white plate. I splash on a layer of fattening butter and take a bite out of my simple yet scrumptious breakfast. I gaze around at the empty kitchen, sighing as I take in the blissful silence before taking a sip out of my mug of hot chocolate.

Meanwhile I’m snacking into my breakfast, a ripped piece of paper with a messily written note catches my eye. I pick it up from off the table and read aloud, “I’m taking you out for dinner at seven, wear something pretty, Damion.” I read the note three more times with a dreamy smile hanging across my face before bringing the note to my chest, beaming gleefully.

After I’ve finished eating, I make my way back into the bedroom, still clutching Damion’s note as I read it once more. I tuck the note into my purse, feeling the need to keep it as it seems to have some significant meaning.

Ten minutes later, I finally finish getting ready and grab hold of my Louis Vuitton handbag and make my way towards the door, glancing one final time in the mirror before exiting the apartment. I run my hand down the polished banister, tapering my fingers as I hum to myself, slightly excited to see Damion later on tonight. 

I enter into my red Ford Fiesta Zetec and throw my bag down on the passenger seat, starting of the engine as I begin to cruise down the traffic free street. In less than twenty minutes I arrive outside of my store. I scan the well dressed mannequins lined along the shop window and smile proudly as I enter into the shop. My two shop assistants Silver and Joanne are both chattering away as they sweep the floor and organise the clothes racks. They both look towards me and smile as they see me enter, “Kayla!”

I smile and say, “Hey girls,” as I place my handbag on the counter before hugging them tightly.

“I told you that we wouldn’t burn down the shop while you were off,” Silver giggles as she ties her short, dyed, pink hair up in a ponytail.

I smirk at her before giggling, “Well it definitely looks up to top condition in here,” I say as I scan the large room in approval.

“You look cute,” Joanne smiles as she hangs up a cream skater dress.

“This? Thanks,” I say as I glance at myself in the one of the numerous full length mirrors spread across the large shop. I’m wearing black disco pants with a cream blouse and a shoulder studded, black blazer. The three of us begin to converse, sharing stories and giggling as we begin our long day of work. 

Five hours later, I’m sitting behind the computer at the till, scrolling through the recent orders when the door bursts open. To my surprise, Kasha struts inside, wearing a sky blue playsuit with black wedges and smiling gleefully at me. Her curly, strawberry blonde hair bounces below her shoulder as she walks over to me with opened arms. I grin as I embrace my best friend, giggling as she plants a large kiss on my cheek. “You didn’t tell me that you were stopping by,” I grin as I return to my seat.

“Can’t I stop to say hello to my yummy mummy?” She asks before throwing herself down on the white fury sofa, “Besides, I’ve come to take you out for lunch,” she explains as she retrieves her blackberry from her purse and begins to type away.

I smile at her before glancing at the clock and frowning, “Well...”

“Well nothing, come on you,” she says as she stands up and straightens out her outfit, quickly glancing at herself in the mirror.

“Okay,” I sigh, “But I can only stay out for an hour,” I inform. I turn to Joanne and ask, “You guys will be okay for a while until Susanne comes, right?”

Joanne nods, “Yeah, sure.”

Kasha grins as she claps her hands in excitement like a little girl going to the fair. I roll my eyes and smile before walking over to Kasha and linking arms. “Bye girls,” she smiles as we exit the shop. While we’re walking on the busy sidewalk towards the car, Kasha asks, “So how are things?”

“Things are good,” I say.

“And how are things with Damion?” She questions.

“Even better,” I smile.

“No wonder why you’re practically glowing,” she grins as she rummages in her handbag for her car keys. She finally retrieves her keys and unlocks her black Range Rover before stepping inside.

I blush, “I’m hardly glowing,” I disagree. 

She shakes her head and says, “Yes you are and I’m not going to argue with you young lady.”

I burst out laughing before saying, “Fine, just drive you crazy woman.” She giggles as she starts up the car and begins to drive away from the store. Kasha winds down the windows, allowing a gush of fresh air into the humid car. I slump my arm outside of the window, the fiery ball of light beaming onto my face as I lock my gaze onto the cloudless, blue sky. Kasha turns up the radio, bellowing music into the car as we cruise through the streets.

“So where should we catch a bite to eat?” Kasha asks as she arrives at a traffic light.

“Hmm, what do you feel for?”  I ask my stomach, rubbing it as I await an answer from my unborn baby. “I think we’ll like some TGI Fridays,” I smile.

Kasha looks at me in horror, “Is this what pregnant women do? Talk to their stomachs?”

I giggle, “Yeah, well, I don’t know about everyone else but I definitely do, I feel as if the baby is listening.”

Five minutes later, we park the car outside of the small, yet one of the tastiest Fridays in town.  Kasha steps out of the car, locking it as she walks over to me before entwining her arm with mine and making our way inside. I push open the heavy door and we enter into the warm, welcoming American themed restaurant.

There are a few people scattered around the red and white tables, tucking into their mouth-watering feasts as they converse with one another. The loud yet bearable music roars, leading Kasha to sway her lips slightly as we wait for a waiter to serve us. Seconds later a young, tall, tanned waiter comes smiling over to us. He’s wearing a striped, red and white shirt with a large brace filled with  numerous amount of badges, tucked into his black trousers. He grins, revealing his dimples as he asks, “Hello ladies, a table for two?”

“Yes please,” Kasha quickly replies, smiling gleefully. 

He grins and nods, his beady, brown eyes glancing her up and down before saying, “Well follow me this way.”

He turns around and leads us towards an empty table as Kasha silently mouths, “He’s so cute!” I chuckle and nod in agreement as she looks at his butt.

“Here you go ladies,” he smiles, indicating at a comfortable table for two, “My name is Ryan and I’ll be your waiter for the afternoon.”

“Thank you,” we chorus as we take a seat.

“And I’m Kasha by the way,” Kasha informs, flirtatiously smiling at him as she adjusts herself on of the chair.

He offers his hand and shakes her hand whilst smiling, “Lovely meeting you.” She slightly blushes as he continues, “Well, here’s your menu which is filled with a variety of delicious foods,” he explains as he places a menu in front of us. We begin to look at the menu and he asks, “Firstly, would you like a drink?”

“Uh,” Kasha mumbles as she looks at the list of drinks. He runs his finger through his wavy, brown hair as he waits for her to decide, “Can I have a long Island Ice tea, please?” She asks.

He smiles at her and nods before quickly jotting it down on his notepad and then turning to me, “And you?”

“I’ll have a blue raspberry slush,” I say.

He writes down my order, “Okay, I’ll be back with your drinks and just call me when you’d like to order,” he says.

Kasha thanks him and follows him with her dreamy eyes as he walks away. She then falls back into her chair, “He is so gorgeous.”

 I giggle, “Yeah he is and he was definitely checking you out,” I state.

“And I was definitely checking that ass out.”

I shake my head, “So what are you having?” I chuckle as I scan the mouth watering meals on the menu.

“I’m going to have some fries and some prawns.”

“Yeah, I might just have some fries and a beef burger,” I say. Minutes later, Ryan arrives at our table, carrying too large glasses of refreshing beverages.

“Here you go ladies,” he says as he carefully places our tall glasses in front of us. “Now are you ready to order?” He asks, smiling politely.

“Yes, we’re ready,” Kasha smiles as she plays with a lock of hair, “I’ll have some fries and the fried prawns.”

He nods and quickly writes it down before turning to me, “And I’ll have some fries and a beef burger please,” I say.

He continues to write my order down, “Okay perfect! Is there anything else?”

“We’re fine thank you,” Kasha smiles. He smiles back at her before walking away, leading her to blush and sink into her chair in embarrassment. “Did you see his smile?” she asks before letting out a dreamy sigh.

We continue to converse about our waiter like horny teenage girls as we wait for our food to arrive. Twenty minutes later, as Kasha’s applying a coat of lip gloss, our food turns up. “Mm, yummy,” she says as Ryan places her scrumptious plate of food in front of her. He chuckles and grins at her before handing me my appetizing meal.

“Well enjoy,” he says, “If you need anything just call me,” he smiles.

We both smile and thank him as we begin to tuck into the feasts in front of us. I stab my fork into my crispy fries and greedily stuff a few into my mouth as I let out a heavenly moan. “These are so good,” I mumble with my mouth half filled with food, completely forgetting the table manners that my parents spent the first ten years of my life drumming into my head.

Kasha nods as she takes a bite out of her prawns, “Yum! Try these,” she says as she places a crispy prawn onto the side of my plate. We continue to devour our meals, laughing and giggling as we chatter away with one another.

Thirty minutes later, I sink back into my chair, clutching onto my oversized stomach as I let out a grumble. The buttons on my jeans look as if they’re going to burst open any second now as my seventeen week pregnant belly sticks out in front of me. “I feel so fat,” I mumble.

Kasha grumbles something as she rubs her bloated stomach before letting out an unexpected burp. She flies her hand over her mouth in embarrassment before saying, “I literally put on four pounds every time I come to eat here.” I quickly clear my throat and sit upright as I see Ryan approaching with the bill.

He places the bill on the table before asking, “Finished?” we both nod as he begins to clear away our plates, “Did you enjoy your meals?

“They were lovely,” Kasha says, “The only thing is that I don’t think I’ll be leaving this seat anytime soon.”

He lets out a laugh and says, “We get that a lot here,” before walking away.

After paying for the bill, Kasha and I both exit the restaurant, arm in arm as we make our way to the car. “So what are you doing tonight?” Kasha asks.

“Well, I’m going out for dinner with Damion,” I smile.

“Awe, where to?” She questions.

“I’m not sure, I’ll find out when-” I’m interrupted midsentence by someone calling out my name from across the road. I pause and pucker my brows in confusion, unsure of whether I heard right.

“Kayla!” The person calls once more, the voice sounding unusually familiar. I slowly turn around and to my horror standing across the road, staring straight at me is Derek. My heart begins to rapidly beat as I meet his gaze whilst he jogs across the road, smiling as he comes closer.

He grins, revealing his perfectly white teeth and his faint dimples as he says, “Kayla...” My mouth simply hangs open as words are unable to form, “How are you?” He asks.

I nervously reply, “Uh, I’m fine.” 

“You look,” he glances down at my stomach and then back to my face, “Great.”

I raise my eyebrow, “Likewise.”

“I’ve been trying to call you recently but...” he trails off.

“Yeah, my phones been acting a little weird lately,” I lie as I run my fingers through my hair, avoiding eye contact.

He sadly smiles as she faintly shakes his head, “You don’t have to lie to me Kayla, I only want to talk to you, that’s it.”

Kasha rolls her eyes in disbelief; she then places her hand on her hip whilst looking uninterestedly at him. He turns to face her and ineptly smiles, “Kasha...”

“Derek,” she coldly mutters, her eyebrows slightly rising in disapproval.

He awkwardly nods at her before returning to me, “I know we really didn’t leave off on the right foot the last time...” He explains, “But at least take my number, just in case you ever want to talk.” He takes out a piece of paper from his pocket and quickly scribbles down his number before holding it out to me.

I shake my head, “It’s okay, I’ve already got your number,” I say.

He nods before letting out a sigh and placing his hands in his jeans pockets. “Well, see you another time,” he says as he raises his hand to say goodbye and softly smiles before turning around and walking away. I stand there and gaze at him as he walks on, sighing as my eyes begin to fill with tears.

"You are not going to cry, are you?" Kasha asks. 

“It’s just that I can’t believe what’s happened to us...” I confess, “I always thought that if we ever broke up we’d always be friends, but now I can’t even talk to him.”

Kasha lets out a sigh, “Look, you don’t even need to worry about him. He was the one that messed things up, not you. You’ve got the most perfect boyfriend who I’m sure will love you one day more than Derek ever could, so don’t waste your tears on that stupid jerk, okay?” I thankfully smile at her before drawing her into a tight hug. She wraps her arms around me, “Now just forget about him,” she instructs. I nod, continuing to securely embrace her as I snuggle into her shoulder.

I let go before saying, “I love you,” as I pout my lips.

“I love you too but can we go inside of the car now because I’m starting to get cold,” she says, shivering.

“What it’s not even cold?” I chuckle as we make our way inside of the car and begin our journey home.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, sorry for the worst ending ever but I hope you enjoyed it. This may not have been my best chapter but I can promise you that you're going to love the next chapter! If you haven't voted already then please vote and please comment because I love reading your comments and i'll love to know what you thought of this chapter! 

Thank you for reading <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 104 39
When 29 year old Cara gets into a car accident, she forgets everything. She doesn't know what she is doing, who she is with, or even who she is! She...
269K 4.5K 45
❝An accidental pregnancy. She has to put up with him for the baby.❞ ❃❃❃ LILITH Gomez lives her entire life showing a facade to keep people on her sid...
659 54 16
Lucas has been having a few issues lately: he fell hard for his boss and there isn't any coming back up. He's trying his hardest to work out his emot...
153K 1.4K 17
***AKA PREGNANT WITH THE ALPHA'S BABY, BUT I'M DATING THE BETA??? HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?*** Tori's dating the beta Ron, but when he goes away she find...