Six Skeletons and The Waitress

By ItsSwapPapyrus

A picture perfect family hides the fact that your life is filled with manipulation and abuse. When you move a... More

1. Moving Away
2. Cute Monsters
4. Red
5. Oh no
6. Brother, Dear
7. Honeybee *
8. Swap!Muffet's Bakery.
9. Sealed with a Kiss
10. Spider Dance
11. Skeleton Cookies
12. Boss
13. Trust Me
14. Kidnap and kidnapper
15. Behind the Scenes
16. Little Miss
17. wake up call
18. Red & Stretch
19. Drunk Skeletons pt1
20. Drunk Skeletons pt2
21. Blueberry
22. Ambassador
23. A good time**
24. Little Shell
25. Black Tea
26. Welcome to. . .
27. A Day with Edge
28. Six Skeletons pt1
29. Six Skeletons pt2
30. Sunday Morning
31. Spiders & Anime
32. Agile the Spider
33. A surprised phone call
34. Brother, dear
35. As it Is.
36. Walls of Bones
37. lowercases
38. Under the rug
39. The Park
40. Red & Edge
41. Anger
42. Monster Alcohol
43. Songs for Shots
44. In These Words
45. Capture the Human
46. Interlude
47. Black and Mutt

3. Guests, but you stay in your room.

8.2K 330 1.3K
By ItsSwapPapyrus

Chapter Summary: What was he going to do?
Why must you eavesdrop?
Rejection emails.

The silence was so quiet, you swore that the working spiders paused and glared at the orange hooded monster for the three-hit pun.

"That last one was a stretch." You murmured under your breath, taking the spider donut and ripped it half. Shoving one half into your mouth, you grabbed his free wrist and outstretched his hand.... His bones were smooth, vibrating softly under your touch— you quickly dropped the other half in his palm, erasing the mindless thought and quickly turned away.

All while you looked like a chipmunk.

The sound of joyous laughter surprised you, turning your head to watch the monster place the honey bottle on the counter and use it as support.

Eyes wide, the situation quickly dawned on you. Shitshitshit Did you really just do that!? What kind of person rips a perfectly good donut, shove half in their mouth and give the other half back like some...some kindergartener with a silly crush!?

Face red, you turned your attention away from the laughing monster, his skull hidden underneath the hood. You leaned onto the counter, your palm over your lips to fight off the embarrassed blush that threatened to spread—although, you guessed you were now pink. So much for suppressing the blush.

Muffet came back from the back, kicked her feet and strolled towards the laughing monster while shooting you a pleased smile.

When did she leave?

You lightly shook your head with a crooked smile. Hopefully, she didn't see you being rude to one of her customers.

"Papyrus, deary." Her words were like silk while her tone was a motherly scold. "You aren't harassing Miss Y/N with your dreadful puns, are you?" She leaned over the counter, crossing her arms as she leaned closer to the chuckling monster.

You swallowed at the hidden malice but it looked as if Papyrus.. or uh, Stretch? wasn't bothered at all. Instead, he leaned back and drawed the honey bottle to his teeth, his hood falling back.

You gaped. He looked—! He looked like the Papyrus you met at the mall! Only..only he looked much more tired and less energy-sourced.

His eye sockets were half-lidded(how? You aren't sure. Monsters were weird but cute beings.) with bags underneath, he was obviously taller than he let on and.. well, he was a skeleton monster.

He wore a bright orange sweatshirt, beige cargo shorts, white socks, and a colour matching sneakers.

He wasn't nice to look at.. but...

Your eyes trailed to the tired, yet upturned, eye sockets as he calmed himself down after a full two minutes of non-stop chuckling.

He wiped a magic tear from his eye socket to reply to Muffet. His words flying into one ear and out the other in a blur. The corners of his eye sockets crinkled slightly as he drew his honey bottle to his teeth once more.

He was definitely an eye candy.

"Sweetie?" Muffet's voice dragged you back to reality, in a haste, you turned to look at her. Your face slowly growing pink once again at the fact that you've just been caught staring.

"S-sorry.. I.. was lost in thought." You trailed, poking your pointer fingers together.

"No need to apologize," Muffet's smile stretched, her hands stopping their motion as she pushed herself off the counter.

"If Papyrus ever bothers you, you can come to me. This isn't the first time he's done this." She shook her head with a long sigh. "I swear that boy."

The rattle of bones caught your attention as you turned to look at Papyrus(Stretch?) again, only to see him covering his teeth with the back of his hand that held onto the donut piece, his shoulders lightly bouncing as he tried to fight off another round of laughter.

"Thank you.." You turned back to Muffet before he noticed. "this isn't the first time?" Somehow, you felt a weight in your chest that you can't decipher.

"Nope." The Skeleton monster beside you popped the half donut piece into his mouth. You watched in awe as the treat quickly disappeared as he shut his jaw.

"No one had ever replied the way you did, though." He chuckled, "Using my name like that." He shook his head, the rattling softly coming back as he recomposed himself.

"But..." You drawn in confusion, pointing at Muffet. "She said your name is.. Papyrus?"

The Spider monster giggled at you before kicking off her feet and attending to the humans that entered, patting your head as she left.

"Yep." He took a sip of his honey, not breaking eye contact with you as he lowered it.

A man of few words, huh?

"Ookay..." you trailed, turning to face the counter and stretched your arms in front of you. Wait, why are you still here? You've done what you needed, there was no point in overstaying... but then again, this is a public establishment. You can stay if you wanted, right?

You pursed your lips and sighed, leaning over the counter as you wrecked your mind with reasons why you were still here.

Somehow, you can feel his eye lights lingering on your hunched figure. You exhaled and sat up, turning to the skeleton monster with determination pumping through your veins—what was his problem? Why was he staring at you? I mean, you did it too but still!

However, you froze. He wasn't looking at you. He was looking at the same direction you were with his honey cap in between his teeth. A far away look in his features. His eye lights went from the menu overhead to the corners of his eye sockets to look at you. He rose a brow ridge.

You swore he was looking at you.

A trick of the lights? Maybe. You huffed at him and turned away, stubbornly. You grabbed the spider cider and brought it to your lips. The lingering magic making your upper lip tingle softly as you drowned it down and stood up.

"Thank you Muffet, I look forward to your call." You called, sparing a glare at the amused skeleton monster before exiting the establishment. Even if you did want to stay and talk to Pap-Stretch. Some more, you doubted you'd be able to get three words from him.

Was he related to the Papyrus you met at the mall? Would it be inappropriate to ask that?

Not all skeleton monsters know each other! That's like.. asking Asian people if they are related to the lady behind the window at a McDonald's drive through!

You shook your head at the thoughts and slapped your cheeks. The sting softly fading the further you walked down the sidewalk—ignoring the startled look you received from a bunny and her child, and kept marching down the street.

"Don't mean to slap a reaction from you, but you owe me for that half a donut."

The same playful tone spoke from besides you. A strangled gasp came from you as you hastily took a step back and tripping over your own two feet, you were on the floor. Glaring up at the bright orange sweatshirt and it's owner.

The rattling of bones only fueled your distaste.

"Sorry, kid." Stretch laughed. "Didn't mean to scare you outta your skin like that." He chuckled, forcing himself to calm down. He outstretched his hand for you to take, but you glared at his open palm and got up yourself.

You cursed whoever invented puns.

"Cursing someone for that, isn't very sweet of you."

Shit, did you say that out loud?

"Yep." Stretch popped a lollipop in his mouth.

You sighed deeply and dusted off your pants, grumbling under your breath at the wetness. Curse rain, too.

"Can you go one conversation without making a pun?" You asked, slipping off your sweater and tied it around your waist, a chill ran down your spine as the wind picked up.

"Yep." He stuffed his hands into his sweatshirt pockets. "butt where's the fun in that?" He snickered.

You fought off the blush and crossed your arms in poor attempts to keep warmth. "I'll admit, I have my fair share of puns." You muttered under your breath.

Oh god, why did the wind have to pick up now? Stupid rain, stupid clouds. "The.. donut was 3.25$, right?" You spoke.

"Plus tax." He added as you grabbed your wallet from your pocket and took out 5 dollars, a soft glare to the bill as you handed it to him. "Keep the change."

The Skeleton before you had his mouth open, he looked like he wanted to say something else. But he closed his jaw and took the 5 dollars out of your hand. "Right.."

Don't talk to any monsters.

Your brother's words echoed, a weighing feeling settling in your stomach the longer you stood there. What were you doing? You pinky swore!

Even though you already talked to some monsters—and might be working with one in a monster establishment... BUT PINKY PROMISES WERE SACRED!

Clearing your throat, you stuffed your wallet back into your pocket and pointed down the street. "I gotta go... shopping and uh, get my car."

You blinked. Oh god, that sounded so awkward! But you were beginning to panic, you needed to get to the human part of the city and.. get food for the apartment.

The look Stretch had on his face said it all. He didn't believe you.

Swallowing nervously, you awkwardly fistbumped his shoulder. "N-nice to meet you, Stretch."

You stayed in that position for a while, not breaking eye contact with his eye lights. When he moved, you flinched and recoiled, shoving your hands underneath your arms—and when he reached in his shorts pockets, your eyes widen as he took out his phone.

"I-I.. I really g-gotta go, thanks bye!" You waved and bolted down the street, you didn't stop running until you got to your vehicle. Even though you still had an hour left, you unlocked it and jumped in. Driving off with your tail between your legs.

You never looked back to witness the surprised look on his face that quickly morphed into a small fond smile as he looked from your retreating figure to the photo on his phone. You sat on the bar stool back at Muffet's, a brighten expression that left a twinkle in your eyes—a shot he took when you first tried the Spider Cider. He knew it was creepy, but he had a feeling the two of you would meet again.

Not many humans dared to enter this Muffet's shop, after all.

Panting heavily, you glanced at your review mirror then back on the road. Another rainstorm, just like the one last night. You huffed softly at the sky and turned a street that lead to your apartment. Maybe if you stayed quiet in your room, it'll feel like you aren't even there?

The thing with Stretch was... draining, for the better lack of term. Biting your lip, you parked your vehicle and sat in silence.

"I shouldn't have done that." You groaned, laying your forehead on the wheel. "Who sprints away like a mad person? Oh yeah, me." Grabbing your phone, you sent a text to your friend before exiting the vehicle. Locking the door, you walked towards the entrance.

Stopping mid-stride, you groaned and pivoted your heel, marching back to your car and jumped in. You didn't even go to a store! And if you just ignored it, you knew it was going to linger at the back of your head like annoying little bugs.

7-Eleven wasn't the best store to go grocery shopping, you decided as you walked past the slushies. Not that you could go anywhere else. Your friend's guests could arrive any minute and your time to slip into your room would be cut off.

You couldn't imagine the anger she'd let out if you went home while they were there.

Grabbing a large bag of chips and bottle soda. Netflix and chill tonight seemed to be the agenda today. With a sigh, you brought your things to the counter.

"Bad day?" The cashier sent you a sympathetic smile. "I understand. Not to long ago, a kid threw up near the slushies. it wasn't pretty sight."

Forcing a smile, you took out a 20 dollar bill. "Must've suck."

"Yeah, the mom was screaming her head off. I can't wait to clock out." He sighed, handing you your bagged junk food and took the bill from your hand and returned to give you your change. Thanking the clerk, you went back to your vehicle and silently drove back to your apartment.

When you arrived, your friend was standing in front of the door with her arms crossed, a displeased expression on her face as she grumbled. You gulped nervously, hiding the bag from her view. Awkwardly, you dropped your keys in the small bowl.

"You promised!" She cried, stomping her foot.

"I-I did?" Unsurprisingly, you didn't blame yourself if you had forgotten a promise like that. It hadn't racked your mind ever since you left the apartment earlier today. You just agreed to be out of the apartment... did that count as a promise? Pursing your lips into a thin line, you sighed. Maybe you forgot because the thing at Muffet's?

Stretch was..a very distractible monster, after all.

"I'm sorry, I must've forgotten about the promise.." You frowned, gently placing the bag near the shoe rack. A small sigh coming from you. "But I'll stay in my room until they leave. Let me just grab a few things from the kitchen and—"

"No, Y/n! You promised you'd stay out until they left. Please, please just leave."

You spoke her name, furrowing your eyebrows slightly. "I live here too.. I promise I won't make a sound. All I just need is food, my room and some earphones. You won't even know I'm here."

"But I paid and reconstructed this place so it could be fitting for me—Us!" She sighed and shook her head, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"You wouldn't even be here if I asked you to be roommates." You pouted, her slip-up going over your head as you slipped your shoes off and hid them from the oncoming guests.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I just..." She twirled the ends of her hair, avoiding your eyes. "I don't want you meeting them yet. At least until I've won over Mean and Hatred... they're very..." her voice faded as she searched for a word that fitted the two monsters she befriended.

"They're terrible monsters!" She cried, balling her fists in front of her and began to punch the air. "They fight a lot, a-and they... I can't trust them with you. So please, leave."

You frowned softly, picking up the bag and walked past her, the feeling of guilt weighing on your shoulders the further you got from the door.

She's just trying to protect you. If these monsters are really what she says, then maybe it's best if you'd keep clear of them?

You made a mental note to stay clear of these monsters.

A scowl appeared on her lips for a second before she turned around on her heel and followed you to the kitchen, where you stood with eyes wide at the ingredients that sat all over the counter and table. The amount of food scattered about shocked you to a stunned silence.

"What are you cooking?" You asked, passing the table with a short glance and to the refrigerator. Taking a few bottled water from the bottom and throwing it into the bag, you shut it with your foot.

"Spaghetti...Tacos..."

"Spaghetti tacos?" The infamous Spencer Shay spaghetti tacos from icarly caught your wandering eyes. Narrowing slightly at the taco shells before you looked at your friend.

She giggled and shook her head. "No, Spaghetti and Tacos, you idiot."

"Oh." Instantly tearing your gaze from her, you felt the embarrassment returning. You weren't going to admit to her that you felt the slightest disappointment, it looked nice over the tv and there is a chance that it'll taste as good. Maybe? You never really tried any bizarre cooking recipes from any television show.

"Alright, fine. You can stay but be quiet as a mouse! I don't want you to be overwhelmed... especially with Mean." She sighed, she opened her mouth to say something else but the sound of impatient buzzing caused the two of you to look at the entrance.

"They're here!" She squealed and turned towards you. "Room! Room! Room!" She shouted and began to shove you down the hall and into your room.

Stunned, you blinked owlishly at your bed and looked over your shoulder... that was... fast?

"Quiet as a mouse!" She whispered, pressing her finger over her lips as the buzzer went off for a longer time. The excitement in her eyes shut you up as she slammed your door and the thumps of her foot softly faded.

Holding a hand to your racing heart, you looked at your closed door—the excited 'hello' from down the hall instantly snapped you out of your slight daze and slowly creep towards your bed. Gently placing the bag near the foot of your bed, you slipped off your clothing and climbed under the covers. A shiver and a sigh later, you were leaning against the wall with your phone in your hands and earphones on, watching pointless YouTube videos.

The loud chatter that came from the kitchen distracted you for a few minutes, straining your ears to hear the conversation—you shook your head and pulled the earphones off.

Despite being in your underwear, you pushed the blanket off and crawled to the other end of your bed and reached down for the plastic bag.

Somehow, it felt as if the crinkling sound was much louder than it usually was. You cringed and took out the bag of chips. Slow and softly, you opened it.

It felt stupid to sneak around your room, in your own apartment because there were literal monsters behind the doors. But you guessed it was for your own safety.

Pushing the curtains open, you pushed the window outwards and sighed as the cool breeze softly nipped at your exposed skin and then pulled closed the white silk for a bit of privacy. Grabbing a sweater from your closet, you carefully laid it underneath the door and softly backed away—that is, until you heard the voices much clearer than the spot near the window.

"—TACOS ARE, INSIGNIFICANTLY, MUCH MORE TASTY THAN ALL OTHERS!"

"LASAGNA IS THE SUPERIOR, YOU IMBECILE."

A snort came from you, instantly slapping your hand over your mouth, you fought off the urge to laugh. You knew these voices were monsters, but the way they fought was almost comical.

"MEAN, SMALL PLEASE." Another voice chimed, followed by protests of the names. "SPAGHETTI IS EVERYONE'S FAVOURITE, LET'S MAKE IT!"

Where have you heard this voice? It sounds vaguely familiar and the fact that you couldn't place a finger on it, it annoyed you.

"ABSOLUTELY NOT, I REFUSE TO MAKE SOMETHING BENEATH ME." This voice... it didn't strike a cord, but it was deeper than the other two. A lingering annoyance seemed to be his 'go-to'. You swallowed the lump forming in your throat. Was this 'mean'?

He sounds... unpleasant.

"Boys, please!" Your friend pleaded. "There is enough to go around. How about we make all three and watch the movie?" The edge in her tone made you frown. Her patience must be running short—not surprisingly as you had refused to leave earlier.

You backed away from the door with a sigh. No point in eavesdropping when she had everything in order, you trusted her greatly.

Silently as before, you slipped into your bed.

Half an hour later, you paused the episode. Your nose scrunching at the distant burnt smell, slowly making your way towards the door, you pressed your ear against the wood. The burning smell increased as you placed your hand on the door knob, ready to throw it open and storm down the hall—but you paused.

"DIDN'T YOU SAY YOU HAD A ROOMMATE?" That familiar voice questions as distant shuffling could be heard.

"Uh, Yeah?" Your friend's voice was nervous.

"WHERE ARE THEY? IT IS GETTING LATE."

"Well, uh, she's.. not fond of monsters."

You furrowed your eyebrows at that. Not fond of monsters? No, no that's wrong! They were interesting and... well, equally intimidating but that didn't mean you hated them.

"I SEE, MAYBE IF SHE MET—"

"No!" She shouted followed by a loud crash. "Ah, shit- I-I Mean, she's really not fond of you guys. I only agreed to let you guys come over is because she's... uh.. she's..."

You frowned. What was she telling them? Her voice was so soft that you could barely pick up anything. Pressing your ear against the door a little harder, you scoffed and picked up the sweater and pulled it over your head.

Sliding against the wall, you softly twisted the door knob and opened it by just a crack. You peeked through the crack, frowning at the bathroom door before pulling the door open, enough to fit your head through and peek down the hallway.

The conversation was significantly more louder and less muffled, you noticed as you retreated back into your room, keeping the door slightly open to hear more of their conversation.

Was this sad? Yes.

Were you going to do anything about it? No.

"Where is she?" Another voice spoke but unlike the others, this one held a soft growl.

"She's in her room..." your friend grumbled softly. "But don't worry, she said she wasn't going to come out until you guys left."

You licked your lips, slightly balling your fists while crinkling the fabric. Are they going to ask you to come out? What's going to happen when you face them? Do they believe that you hated monster kind?

"GOOD RIDDANCE." Someone scoffed loudly. "SHE PROBABLY THINKS SO HIGHLY OF HERSELF, WHEN I—"

"I'M SURE SHE'S NICE!" The cheery voice cut off the angry tone, and you mentally thanked them for it.

Using the wall for support as you stood up, you flickered the light switch and softly closed your door—the loud slam making you flinch. Your heart diving down to your stomach at the silence that followed after didn't help ease your anxieties. Switching off the lights, you quickly ran to your bed no longer caring how loud you were being and hid underneath your blankets.

Grabbing your phone, you turned on your music and let the beat carry you away from your troubling thoughts.

Not noticing the white eyelights that stared at you through the door that is your closet.

When it was time for the monsters to leave, you found yourself standing before your door, it was open the slightest. The light from the hallway streaked into your room as your heard the goodbye exchanges—along with a 'goodbye Ms.Roommate' before the front door was slammed shut.

You exhaled loudly as you opened your door and immediately went to your friend, grabbing the sleeve of her shirt and pulled at it, a displeased look over your face as you pouted.

"Why did you say I hated monsters?" You frowned.

"It's because you do? We had this conversation before, Y/N." Your friend pried your hands from her sleeve, walking around you as she made her way towards her room. A loud yawn came from the female as she opened her door but paused to look at your standing near the front, with your pouty face.

"The dishes need cleaning and the living room's a mess. Could you be a doll and clean? I'm all tuckered out." She yawned once more, but it seemed forced.

Pursing your lips into a thin line, you nodded your head. A hesitant smile appearing on your lips as you waved at her. "Okay, get some rest... I'll clean and eat something."

"Oh, don't bother eating the Tacos. Or Lasagna... or the Spaghetti. It's terrible." She made a disgusted face. "I spat all of it out, it's very unpleasant." She yawned once more, waved her hand and disappeared behind her door.

You were left in the middle of the room with a frown on your lips. Surely the food wasn't that bad... but with the way she said it, it looked as if she did actually spit it out.

You huffed silently and turned towards the kitchen, only then did you notice the pile of mess scattered on the counter. There was some droplets of sauce that looked like it was smeared away, attempting to clean the mess. There was water filled with dish soap in the sink along with cups and plates submerged within while the pots and pans sat idly on the stove.

You smiled at the sight, thanking the kind monsters that attempted to clean before leaving. Your smile instantly fell. They think you hated monsters. With the lie your friend showered them in, it'll be difficult to befriend them after tonight.

But... it was for your own good. You trusted your friend and if she had another motives for you and them, then who were you the one to judge?

Rolling up your sleeves, you began to wash the dishes. At some point, you went back to your room to grab your phone to play music and no matter how loud you were being, your friend didn't come out of her room to tell you to shut up.

Rolling your hips along the music, you sang softly with the lyrics and lightly kicked your feet at the beat. Grabbing the glass pan, you scrubbed the lasagna scraps while singing along to the lyrics.

Suddenly, a sheering pain shot up your arm and you dropped the pan into the water, holding onto your hand at the pulsing pain by the soaped water. A low hiss came from you as you examined your hand—a lone shard of glass sticking out from the center of your palm, underneath it was an open cut that went from the heel of your hand to the middle.

The heat in your eyes spread to your cheeks, your vision beginning to blur by tears as you grabbed your phone and quickly made your way to the bathroom.

Why glass? You wondered, opening the cabinet and taking out the first aid kit. It was harder to open with one hand, but you managed to open it. Blinking away the stinging tears, you looked up at your reflection and back down to your palm.

Letting the water run, you tested the temperature with your other hand before letting your injured hand underneath the faucet.

The rushing water stung, you recoiled but kept your hand in place. Shutting off the water, you began to disinfect the wound, you hissed in pain as the alcohol did it works.

Why glass? You wondered again. Who makes lasagna with glass? Their cooking skills couldn't be that terrible if they had mistaken something with glass. Or was it on purpose?

Did your best friend swallow any?

You shook your head from the thought. "She spat it out." You mumbled, taking the tweezers and began to carefully take the glass shard from your hand. However, you were shaking. A frustrated sigh came from you as you leaned on the door, inhaling and exhaling twice before you bought your hand to eye-level.

In all honesty, you had no idea what you were doing. You read about it in fanfiction but you never guessed you'd need to do this by yourself, or at all.

Slowly, you managed to take the shard from your palm, placing gauze on the cut along with a little bit of ointment before wrapping it up.

You went back to washing the dishes but this time you used gloves, to protect your hard work, and carefully scrubbed the glass pan clean.

When the dishes were finished, you moved to wipe down the splattered sauce, picked up the forgotten ground beef, and swept up the kitchen floor.

The living room wasn't as bad as the kitchen, so it only took five minutes to straighten everything up until you were satisfied by how clean it was.

You furrowed your eyebrows at the sock in your hand. It wasn't yours, and your best friend was too tidy to keep her socks out of her room. She had 'standards'.

The buzzer to your apartment softly cut through your mini-self congratulatory. A small 'uhm' coming from your lips as you turned your head to the door than down the hall, your hand lightly gripping the sock.

Unsure what to do, you went to your friend's bedroom door, you barely opened it when you heard her snores.

"Ah. Okay." You whispered, closed the door and went to the front. The buzzer sounded once more, this time much longer than before. "Okay, Okay, I'm coming." You muttered under your breath.

Opening the door, you dropped the sock next to you as you looked from the floor to the person on the other side—you froze.

"Heh...sorry," he said your friend's name with a sheepish tone. "I forgot something." His eye lights didn't met yours until a squeak slipped through your lips.

Your eyes(his eye lights?) met briefly before you slammed the door. A blush dusting over your cheeks and you cupped the burning flesh.

Oh oh o hholyshit, HE was her guest?! Then who were the others? Other skeletons!?

Realizing what you did, you quickly opened the door and looked over your shoulder, your eyes locking on her door before you looked back at the skeleton monster.

He was the same height as you, the eye sockets were a little unnerving but you didn't stare long enough, he was smaller than stretch (which by an extend, you were too. But only by a head or two.) and his colour scheme were the opposite than the beige and orange colours.

Instead, he sported a black jacket lined with white fur along his hood, a red turtleneck and black basketball shorts with a single white stripe on both sides. He wore sneakers, and a single sock. His grin was wide with two rows of sharp teeth and one golden tooth.

His eye lights were wide, his grin failing the longer he stood before you.

You were sure you looked like hell. Shorts and a overly large sweater along with messy hair? Yep. Nice Y/n.

"S-sorry... she's sleeping but I-I can help.. you.." your voice was small and unsure. What could you do? 'Hi, I'm the monster-hater that my friend said I was despite it being a total lie! Ahaha, nice to meet you!'

Your voice seemed to bring him back to earth, and his ridges were furrowed, a low growl coming from him as you gulped.

"O-or...or not.." You whispered, shifting uncomfortably under his sudden hostility. What to do? You can't slam the door, it was a miracle that you didn't wake her up when you first did it and you weren't going to test it by doing it again.

"L-look... I really have n-nothing against monsters.." You avoided his gaze. "S-She told me to stay in my room u-until you left... n-normally I was supposed to stay out but.. i-i was being s-stubborn..." Your eyes finally met with his red eyelights. A nervous smile appearing on your lips as you added.

"D-did you really stuff a sock into our couch to come back?"

His growling didn't cease and your grip on the door knob tightened. The heat reappearing around your eyes as you dropped the eye contact to blink away the tears.

"I'm sorry... I-I didn't mean to..." you bend down and picked up the sock—his growling had decreased by then but you hadn't noticed as you softly handed him his sock.

"G-goodnight!" You shouted, your heart pounding a million mile as you quickly closed the door. In a haste, you quietly said "Thank you for coming!" Before the door clicked shut.

Only then, you let the tears stream down your cheeks. God awful, that was terrifying! Was that mean? Or was that hatred? You hadn't given him the chance to speak for himself when you gave him his sock.

You swallowed the lump in your throat, covering your mouth as you sobbed silently.

Your heart hadn't raced that fast in so long, the fear that built up was overwhelming and you couldn't help but tumble over your own words. Cursing silently, you showed weakness to a potential friend.

Would he even be your friend after what she had told them?

You sat in the doorway for a while. Until you felt like you were calm enough, you shut off all the lights and retreated back into your room, sparing a glance at the door beside yours before closing it.

The headache obviously wasn't going away anytime soon, so, you did what you thought you needed to do; you checked your emails.

Not bothering the close your window, you leaned against your bed while you used your knees to keep your laptop propped up, your pointer finger used as the mouse as you clicked and exited rejection emails.

Occasionally, you sniffled and rubbed your eyes to clear the tears. You weren't crying about the rejections, it was the heavy situation you were put in earlier. It was scary and the skeleton was scary.

Normally, you knew you could hold yourself together but with what your friend said; Hatred and Mean were... terrible monsters. And you weren't sure who was that at the door, if they were going to attack you or not.

Rubbing your temples, the headache coming back in full force after thinking about the cause, you sighed deeply and read through another rejection email.

That is, until you got to the last one.

You straightened yourself, crossing your legs as you read through the lines.

'Ms. L/N.
We are delighted to receive your applications as we are currently understaffed. You see, we are hosting a birthday party for the Monster Representative.
We would love for you to come to the restaurant on the 28th, Thursday at 7:00 Pm. From there, we will train you into becoming one of our waitresses. We look forward to working with you.
-Management of Phantom Restaurant.'

Your mouth hung open as you reread the email. Once, twice, thrice. Disbelief blooming within you as you quickly looked at the email's address, only to shout a loud 'yes' before scrambling up to your feet, placing your laptop on your bed before running out of your room and banged on the door next to yours.

Repeated, you called out your friend's name. Excitement buzzing around you as you threw open the door, cringed slightly as it banged against the wall, and immediately ran to her bed.

"I got the job!" You shouted, jumping into her bed. "I got the job!!"

In a haze, she got up, looked around the room before stopping at your brightened features. A lazy smile stretched on her lips as she nodded and slowly laid down.

"Thank you.." she whispered before softly falling back to bed.

You froze in your self-victory, looking down at her sleeping self with a small pout. She must've been very tired to sleep through all that. With a soft giggle, you gently climbed off her bed and retreated back into your room, where you reread the email and squealed delightful.

You got the job...

You got the job..

You are filled with a sense of Perseverance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 6.7K 47
Cover artist: punny-puntasy ! (TOLD IN YOU/YOUR) A reaper, a few gods, and a bunch of skeletons. The life of a reaper wasn't boring to her, everyda...
503K 12.3K 47
[Completed] [[Lemon and Swear Warning]] [2019 Jan Note: This book dates back to 2017, where my grammar and spelling checks weren't efficient due to m...
75.1K 1.6K 40
||» Imperfect two «|| ""FATED TO M E E T"" ""DESTINED TO L E A V E"" »»» No one knows my story. No one has heard my story. And no one shall find out...
242K 10.9K 37
Underswap!Papyrus x Reader And some Fresh!Sans x Reader -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- It isn't hard to slip into a dream. You're happy with what...