✓ | PLAY WITH FIRE ⎯⎯ harr...

aesslytherin tarafından

❛ Can't you see, Potter? I've been playing with your heart all along! ❜ goblet of fire ⎯⎯ deathly hallows Daha Fazla

❝ Play With Fire ❞
━ burn them all !
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
epilogue

twenty-eight

9.9K 443 856
aesslytherin tarafından

It turned out that the twins had done a lot more than just setting off firework in the Great Hall.

Somehow, they had gotten inside Umbridge's office and ruined most of her belongings - that including her pink kitten cups, detention quills and the papers she had been preparing for the O.W.L.s.

It seemed like the twins' exit was the only thing the students at Hogwarts talked about all Easter. People were debating who should be the next troublemakers-in-chief, and just within a week, Fred and George had sold out half of the products in their store.

Marina had given them the money she had gotten from the Triwizard Tournament. Mrs. Weasley had sent her a basket of Easter Eggs the day after as what Marina assumed to be a thank you, though it seemed like the woman had mixed opinions about her children quitting school so early.

Harry had given them his Triwizard money, as well, so their business was booming. Fred had said that whatever the pair wanted from the store, they would get free of any charges, but Marina wasn't sure if she wanted to continue the pranks after seeing how mad Draco had gotten after his suit had been ruined.

April ended quickly, with Marina and Hermione spending most of their days in the library, preparing for their O.W.L.s. They expected the students who had been a part of Dumbledore's Army to do well on their tests and offered help to whoever needed it. Neville had joined their study session one day but ended up falling asleep in the corner of the room before he could even get through the first chapter of his book.

The first days of the O.W.L.s went fine, though Marina was beyond nervous. The Charms test was easy, and she naturally aced the Defense Against the Dark Arts bit, shoving her examinator a flawless Patronus charm. The week, however, as a whole, was pure hell.

She felt a sort of relief, not having to wake up early to inspect the hallways in the mornings before the tests. It seemed like Umbridge had given her Prefect badge to Parkinson - though it was not official - for her and Draco were the only students with a permit to leave the Common Room after eight'o'clock.

The day before the last exam, Marina studied her textbook until she dropped. She fell asleep on the couch in front of the fireplace and woke up to find Louis happily poking her cheek. Her book fell to the floor as she jumped out of the couch, running out toward the Great Hall at once, scared that she had missed breakfast - or worse, the last test of the O.W.L.s.

The four house tables had been removed and replaced instead with many tables for one, all facing the staff-table where Professor Tofty sat, waving his wand to place the test papers on different tables.

Slowly, the hall filled with nervous and tired fifth-years. Marina took place on a table in the front of the room. A quill, ink bottle and roll of parchment were placed in front of her as the rest of the Slytherins entered, all looking as if they were about to faint.

"You may begin," Tofty said once all were seated, turning over an enormous hourglass on the desk behind him.

Black turned over her paper, her heart thumping hard and vision disfiguring. A Ravenclaw boy next to her had already begun scribbling, smiling proudly to himself.

In your opinion, did wand legislation contribute to, or lead to better control of, goblin riots of the eighteenth century?

Marina mentally cursed and grabbed her quill. Maybe the next question would be easier to answer?

How was the Statute of Secrecy breached in 1749 and what measures were introduced to prevent a recurrence?

Half an hour passed, then an hour. By the time Marina Black had finished her test, there were only ten students left in the room: Harry, Ron, and a group of sweating Hufflepuffs.

Hermione was standing outside the hall, biting her nails and pacing the corridor. Her face lit up when she saw Marina exit the room.

"Hey! How did it go? Wasn't too bad, was it? I think I did okay."

"Okay? Granger, didn't you get a hundred and twelve percent on the last test?" the Gryffindor girl blushed at the question, and looked down at her shoes. "This one must have been my worst test yet. I felt as if someone was chocking me the whole time."

"But we are done now," Hermione did an attempt to cheer the girl up. "We've completed the O.W.L.s, so now, we just have to worry about-"

A high-pitched scream was heard from the Great Hall. Both of the girls froze.

"I'm fine!" said a voice inside the hall, which Marina recognized quickly.

"But Mr. Potter, we need to get you to the hospital wing..."

"I SAID I'M FINE!" Harry's scream echoed throughout the corridor. Marina and Hermione ran to the entrance of the Great Hall, finding him on the floor, Tofty hovering over him with much concern in his eyes. "I'm fine, sir... Really... I just fell asleep and had a nightmare."

"Pressure of examinations!" the old Professor reached for Harry's hand, pulling him to his feet. Ron was standing on his chair, his jaw dropped. "It happens, young man, it happens! You don't have much time left, now, but you may be able to round off your last answer nicely?"

"Yes," answered Harry, picking his quill up from the floor. "I mean, no. I've done as much as I can, I think..."

"Yeah! Me too!" Ron cried, his voice breaking. Both of the boys handled their papers in.

"You should lay down," Tofty said to Harry as he turned away. "Get some water!"

"Yeah... I'll do that..."

Marina stepped back, watching him stumble out of the hall. His face was completely white, and his glasses were slipping off the end of his nose. Ron followed him, pacing and sending ugly looks to everyone in the hall who dared to stare at his best friend.

"Harry!" Hermione whined, looking very frightened. "What happened? Are you all right? Are you ill?"

"I've got to tell you something," Harry said with a loud voice, making a student in the hall hush his way. He shook his head, and began walking down the hallway. The others followed. "Voldemort's got Sirius."

"Okay, love, maybe you should lay down for a bit," Marina said softly, lines forming on her forehead.

"No! Listen to me!" he threw his hands up in the air and looked at her with wide eyes. "I saw it when I fell asleep in the exam."

"But- but where?" Hermione pressed out.

"There's a room in the Department of Mysteries full of shelves covered in these little glass balls, and they're at the end of row ninety-seven. He's trying to use Sirius to get whatever it is he wants from in there," Harry's voice began to shake, "he's torturing him!"

"Harry, you need to calm down," Hermione said. "It was just a dream."

"It was not a normal dream!" Harry shouted in her face, letting his hands drop to his side. The quartet stopped in their tracks. "You have to listen to me: we have to go to the Ministry of Magic!" He now turned to Marina again. "Has Voldemort appeared in your dreams lately?"

"No!" Marina answered quickly, unsure if she should snap at Harry for raising his voice or do an attempt at calming him down. "He hasn't spoken to me since December! And I am more than sure that he would have told me if he planned to kidnap Sirius! That man is safe in Grimmauld Place."

"Sirius has been desperate to get out of that house for ages," Ron finally joined in. "He might have cracked and wanted some fresh air..."

"Yeah, okay, but why on earth would Voldemort want to kidnap Sirius?" Marina said in a growling voice, blood rushing to her face.

Harry looked down at the floor, closing his eyes for a second, before walking to stand in front of her.

"Regulus - your father - he was a Death Eater," he said, and she froze at the sound of his name. "Maybe he told some secrets to Sirius, and now Voldemort wants to know them."

The looks on their faces softened. If it was true that the Dark Lord had caught Sirius, then they needed to save him as quickly as possible - he was her uncle, after all.

"But Harry," Hermione sighed, "what if your dream was - you know - just a dream?"

"You don't get it!" Harry let out a roar of frustration. Hermione stepped back, looking alarmed. "Sirius is trapped, and we are the only ones who can save him! If you don't want to do it, fine, but I am going, understand?"

"I'll join you," Marina said calmly.

"I still don't know, Harry," said Ron, scratching the back of his neck. "This sounds a bit-"

"IF YOU THINK THAT I AM JUST GOING TO ACT AS I HAVEN'T SEEN-"

The classroom door behind them opened. Ginny walked in, looking curious at them, holding hands with Luna.

"What are you yelling about, Harry?"

"Never you mind," said Harry roughly.

"There is no need to take that tone with me," snapped Ginny. "I was only wondering whether I could help."

"Well, you can't!"

"You're being rather rude," Luna stepped up to Harry, letting go of Ginny's hand.

"Just tell them, Harry," Marina shook her head, "they can help us."

Harry sighed loudly. Then, he turned, looking toward the exit of the school.

"We need to get to the Ministry of Magic," he said, "and we need to get there quick. I'll explain what is happening on the way..."

He scurried forward, the others nodding and following. Harry looked as if he was about to explode as he reached for the door.

"You stay right here, boy," a light voice suddenly cried. The group turned back to the hallway to find the source of the voice. Umbridge was standing there, surrounded by the Inquisitorial Squad. She pointed a thick finger their way. "Grab them!"

Pansy stepped forward first, a determined look on her face, and grabbed Hermione by the tie. Goyle pinned Ron by the arms, and Crabbe Ginny by her hair, a smirk on his small face. Theodore Nott threw his hands around Luna, watching Draco run to Marina.

"You should have joined the winning team," the blond smirked, grabbing both of Marina's wrist, digging his thumbs into her skin until it became blue.

The hideous Umbridge pointed her wand at Harry, walking over to him with short steps. She pressed the wand against his chest, using her left hand to grip him by the hair and bend his neck as far it would go as though she was going to slit his throat.

"Grab their wands," she commanded. Daphne Greengrass walked to Marina first, snatching her wand out of her robe, before happily skipping to Harry and taking his.

The members of the squad dragged them to Umbridge's office in silence, Draco laughing silently whenever they rounded a corner. To Marina's surprise, Neville was already in Umbridge's office, sitting on a pink chair and bouncing his leg.

"Very well. Now, fetch Professor Snape," Umbridge said, throwing Harry down on a chair beside her desk. Draco only tightened his grip around Marina's wrist, bringing her to the corner of the room. Ginny was desperately trying to kick Crabbe's leg, and Hermione was wriggling in Pansy's arms. Luna, however, stood completely still, gazing out the window as though rather bored by the proceedings.

"You wanted to see me, Headmistress?" Snape stepped inside the room, as if he had been standing outside, listening to every word the woman had spoken.

"Yes, I would like another bottle of Veritaserum brought to my desk as quickly as possible."

"You took my last bottle last week," the man answered, looking around at the struggling students unbothered.

"You can make some more, can't you?" as Umbridge spoke, her voice became more sweetly girlish.

"It takes a full moon cycle to mature, so I should have it ready for you in a month," Snape said, his lips curling.

"A month? I need it this evening, Snape! I wish to interrogate him," she looked down at Harry, "so provide me with a potion that will force him to tell the truth!"

"I have already told you that I have no further stock of Veritaserum. Unless you wish to poison Potter - and I assure you I would have the greatest sympathy with you if you did - I cannot help you."

"GET OUT OF MY OFFICE!"

Snape gave Umbridge an ironic bow and turned to leave. Marina looked him up and down; he looked weirdly calm.

"He's got Padfoot!" Harry shouted. "He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden!"

Snape stopped with his hand on the door handle, his face twisting.

"Padfoot?" cried Umbridge. "What is Padfoot?"

"I have no idea," Snape spat, walking out of the classroom and closing the door behind him.

"Very well..." Umbridge brought her wand up to her lips, looking around the room. "I am left with no alternative... This is more than a matter of school discipline... This is an issue of Ministry security..."

The Headmistress shifted her weight nervously from foot to foot, breathing heavily. Marina scanned the room - the woman was up to something, she could feel it. Pansy was watching her with a hungry expression on her face, her robe dangling into a fireplace...

"You are forcing me, Potter... I do not want to... But I am sure the Minister will understand that I had no choice... The Cruciatus Curse ought to loosen your tongue."

"No!" Harry protested, jumping in his seat. "It's illegal!"

A nasty, eager, excited look spread on Umbridge's face. She raised her hand, and with no warning, she slapped Harry straight across the face. He fell to the ground, clutching his cheek.

Marina let out a loud sob, her stomach dropping. She tried to bolt forward, but Draco held her back.

"I swear to Merlin," Marina hissed, "that if you touch Harry again, I will rip you apart!"

Draco clasped a sweaty hand over her mouth.

"Be quiet, cousin," he whispered into her ear. "It's better this way."

"The Minister wouldn't want me to break the law, that is correct," Umbridge admitted, raising her wand and ignoring Marina's threat. "But what Cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him. He never knew I ordered dementors after Potter last summer, but he was delighted to expel him..."

"It was you?" gasped Harry. "You sent the dementors after me?"

"Somebody had to act," Umbridge pointed her wand directly at Harry's forehead. "Cruc-"

Marina twisted her head, closed her eyes and wriggled her hand. Like the Death Eaters had taught her when they made her duel with them, she made the flames in the fireplace shoot toward her enemy.

Umbridge let out a horrible cry, a flame reaching her skirt. The ends of it caught on fire, a second flame finding its way to her hair. She stepped back, panicking, stumbling over her desk.

Draco let go of Marina in an instant, ducking and hiding his face. Only the members of Dumbledore's Army understood what was truly going on as she rose a hand up in the air, and a circle of flames surrounded Umbridge.

"STOP IT!" the woman tried to get to her feet, but ended up falling on her nose. "MALFOY!"

Ron saw the happening as a time to act. As Umbridge let out a loud shriek, he brought his elbow to Goyle's nose. The Slytherin cursed, letting go of the boy at an instant. Then, Ron walked to Greengrass, raising his fist, but the girl threw her hands up in the air, signalizing her defeat, before handing Ron the pack of wands. He threw Hermione's wand her way; she caught it, instantly bringing it up to Pansy's face and knocking her out.

Ginny kicked Crabbe in the knee before grabbing her wand from her brother's hand, going on to stun Nott, who was holding Luna tight.

Ron tossed Harry his wand as Marina opened her eyes, letting the fire surrounding Umbridge die out. The woman's face was now black, full of ashes. Draco let out a sob, before running toward the door. However, opening the door, a fist met his nose, making him fall to the floor again. Cedric Diggory stood in the doorway, looking down at his clenched fist shocked.

"I heard a scream-"

"EXPELLIARMUS!" Harry pointed his wand at Umbridge, and her wand flew toward him at once.

"Is that the only freaking spell you know?" Marina rolled her eyes, walking to Ron and snatching her wand out of his grasp. She now pointed her wand at Umbridge. "Petrificus Totalus!"

The Headmistress froze before falling to the floor, her eyes wider than ever. Marina took a moment to catch her breath, looking around the room. It was complete chaos; all the members of the Inquisitorial Squad lay on the floor, either knocked out or clutching their bleeding noses.

"We're still going," Harry nodded to himself, throwing Umbridge's wand to the floor. He brought a hand up to his scar.

"Where?" asked Neville and Cedric in unison.

Harry took a deep breath before explaining everything to the two, as well as Ginny and Luna, while Marina skipped through the room and deleted her housemates' memories. They couldn't know who were members of the army...

"And how exactly are you planning on getting to London?" Hermione asked after a moment of silence, bringing a hand to her hip. As the sleeve of her uniform jerked upward, Marina could spot gigantic bruises created by Pansy on her wrist.

"Er- I don't know... Brooms?"

"I've got a broom," Ginny put out as if the others did not know that already.

"Yeah, but you're not going," Ron cut her off angrily.

"Yes I am!"

"You're too-"

"Don't you dare say I am too young!"

"We were all in Dumbledore's Army together," said Neville simply. Marina deleted Greengrass' memory before stunning her, then turned to Neville, smiling. "It was all supposed to be about fighting You-Know-Who, wasn't it? And this is the first chance we've had to do something real - or was it all just a game or something?"

"It wasn't," Marina shook her head. "The question isn't who is going, it's how we're going to get there."

"I thought we settled that?" Luna said in a distant voice. "We're flying!"

"I don't have a broomstick," Marina answered.

"I have an idea," Luna stepped forward and wiped a drop of blood from Marina's cheek. "Remember the thestrals I showed you?"

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

1.6K 78 65
"𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦'𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝙙𝙞𝙚 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵."
26.2K 832 35
"eleanor do not make this harder than it should be!" " you have it your way ...me or him!" i couldn't just pick. i wanted both so badly- they were...
81.1K 2K 62
„𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞. 𝐁�...
158K 3K 63
Don't forget to Vote and Comment xoxo