The Future Of Us: The kids gr...

By brennifer2

Almost 10 years years later Jen Brad and their kids are still going through their crazy life with many ups an... More

Pilot
Champions
Having boys
Siblings
Outings
Wedding Prep
Where's Kaid?
Away...
Fight
Fight part two
Explaining
Mother's Meddling
Kaid's the best
Figuring Things Out
She's back home!
I do!
Barbecue Sunday
Day With The Pitts
Where the hell are my kids?!
Baby's getting married
Honeymoon
Babysitting!
Sleeping beauties
Classic day
Helping Jane
Are you kidding Josh???
Field trip
We're married
All The Changes
Girly Day
Merry Christmas!
Oh Kaid
Get Used to it
He's leaving
Bonding
Good Luck Catie

The Pitt's chalet!

295 5 0
By brennifer2

"Ugh it's so beautiful in here and I love that it's away from everything" I stare at the white scenery. It's only 3 in the afternoon but it's already dark and other chalets lights are already on

"I know...we've been coming here since Catie is two and Brad and I decided we wanted to keep it as a tradition...it was nothing like what it is right now though. It was way smaller with two bedrooms with a really sad vibe, I wanted us to buy a bigger chalet you know, already great, but he thought it'll be best to buy an old one and rebuild completely the way we like it....so it took us a year but the result was pretty great"

"Well it's beautiful, I think I could stay here the whole year"

"You know what, whenever you need to get away from Michael or Calie just tell me and I'll give you the keys. For real."

"Thank youuu, I'm not gonna say no to that...we used to have hot Christmases with the kids. We would always go to Hawaii or Mexico or an island somewhere... Michael and the kids always preferred that, so this is our first Christmas with snow in 20 years"

"Wow...we only did that once and quickly missed the snowmen and snow angels"

We stay there in silence enjoying our precious time drinking our hot chocolates and listening to the laughs of our family inside

"You know I sometimes feel really guilty cause I tell myself if I wasn't married and didn't have my kids there are so many things, so many dreams I could've followed and don't get me wrong I love my kids to death but just...I sometimes think about it"

she hesitates before talking and I can see she's unsure of what my reaction would be

"Oh my god of course, I think about that all the time. don't feel guilty for that, it's completely normal I think...I have many dreams I put away when I had Catie, many things Brad and I thought we'll be able to do even if she was there but we gave up...for example we decided we were going to go to the wild life for a month somewhere in Africa to just reconnect with nature and a month later I was pregnant with Ally...I was offered an amazing role in a movie and they were shooting in Japan for 6 months, I was in love with that script but because I didn't want to move my kids from their school and environment I decided to decline it..."

"And the weird thing is that we wouldn't change a thing in the life we have now...I think my family is worth every sacrifice, and everything happens for a reason, they're my best investment"

"I know...Brad and I always say we're living the best movie ever with our kids being the writers"

"I like that...I love them so much"

"I hope you're talking about us" Michael says as him and Brad join us outside "Holy cow it's so cold why aren't you guys covered more?"

Brad sits next to me, pulling me on his laps while Michael pulls Carol next to him "Well now you can get me warmer with your arms" I cuddle him kissing him sweetly

"I don't remember you guys being so over each other haha... I love it, it's great to be so in love even after almost 30 years" Carol looks at us with a huge smile

"Hey, we're not too bad either" Michael acts upset as he kisses her "I know babe...we're great I love you. I just sometimes don't know how I've been supporting your cold feet in my bed for so long"

"So you have cold feet uh?" Brad smiles making fun of Michael

"Should we talk about your snoring for over 10 years now honey?" I smirk making Michael laugh this time

"Oh come on Jen it's been less than 10 years" he acts upset

"Oh yeah 9 years it makes all the difference" I roll my eyes "Maybe but lately you've been liking what happens before the snoring" he says stroking my butt from behind making it impossible for Carol and Michael to see anything

"Shut up, let's not talk about that with our in laws" I laugh "Oh believe me you guys are not the worst case here"

"Mom I'm starving and neither Ally and Catie want to cook something for me" Kaid runs out acting as if it was a life or death situation

"Well ask Jake or Josh or Calie..." I sigh already knowing what he's answer is going to be "Neither of them want to do it and Catie says she's too tired"

"Okay...do you guys want some chili? Since it's really cold it could be good"

"Oh yeah Mom's homemade chili!" He runs back inside informing everybody

"Well I guess now I have to go to the grocery store"I give Brad a peck then get back inside with Carol following me

"Well I'm coming with you"

I eventually decide to check on all the chili I have simmering as everyone else talks, listening to the playful fighting of the kids as I walk by. They don't seem to notice me until I open the pots and they all come flooding in the kitchen like they've been starving all day.

They crowd around me all trying to see if it's done, but are also too infatuated in whatever game they're playing to care enough to help with any of it.

"Mom," Catie walks back in after a while, looking around "Have you seen my glasses? I wanna take my contacts out, my eyes are really dry."

"No, sorry honey. I have eye drops if you wanna try them. Were you driving? You never have dry eyes."

"Jake drove most of the way, I think it's just the weather here."

I put some finishing touches in the chili as she walks out, realizing too late that my taste tester is now gone, so I have to improvise.

I decide to call in reinforcement for some help to make sure it's definitely done.

Babe, can you come try this chili?

Only if you let me eat it off you. You know your cooking is best that way.

I should've known after the cupcakes we ate last night that that's how you like my cooking... so glad we have a private room here.

Thank God we do, if we didn't we could have charged everyone for the show they would have seen last night. The cupcakes were amazing though, baby. You gotta make them more. With some extra icing this time.

My back is still sore from everything. I had to lie to Josh earlier when he asked why I had the heating pad out. We need to keep trying all these new things from your book 😂

Just make sure you have it ready for tomorrow... I already have ideas for tonight's fun and they won't be any easier on you. 😚🤭

Can't wait baby. 😍

I finally hear the back door close and know he's walking in, so I get a spoon ready for him, blowing on the chili as he walks up to me.

"This will be even better than yesterday."

"Hmm, you must've really worked hard on it then."

He leans in for a kiss, surprising me as he wraps his arms further around my body, pulling me in closer. I melt into him as it continues, loving all the affection this chalet has always given us.

"Okay, let me try it now." He separates after a while, taking the spoon from me "It looks amazing."

I stand back, waiting on his verdict, but I can quickly tell it did not cool down enough for him.

"I didn't mean eat the whole damn thing at once."

"Well... it's good. Very hot, but very good."

We hand out bowls to everyone as we sit around the living room, eating around the fire where we feel like a huge family. We all get to talk and share funny stories as the night goes on, but I can't help but notice how different both Catie and Ally seem.

Ally looks away from Brad and I any time either of us get close to each other, and Catie could hardly finish her first bowl of chili when she normally eats it in seconds.

"They okay?" Brad leans into me, pointing at Catie and Jake walking towards the kitchen "They haven't said much all night."

"I guess, maybe they're just tired. They did have a long drive here, it couldn't have been too much fun. I'm more worried about Ally, she won't even look at us right now."

"Well, that could be because Cam has his tongue down her throat, he has pretty much since we sat down here."

"Yeah, but it seems like if we make eye contact she turns away immediately."

"I don't know, babe. At least the boys are having fun."

He points out that they're currently trying to wrestle with Michael while Carol and Calie cheer them on, obviously wanting Michael to lose.

"I'm so glad all of us can get along like this. It's really fun to share all these family moments with each other."

After dinner, everyone decides to go to bed, all excited for Christmas tomorrow, leaving Brad and I alone in front of the fireplace.  He tightly wraps his arms around me as I lean into him, remembering all the other times we've been alone here.

"Do you remember the first year we were here with Catie?  When she was just old enough to know about Santa?"

"Yeah, and she wouldn't let us leave her room for hours because she thought Santa would see us.  I fell asleep on her floor I think."

"You did, and then you freaking woke her on your way out.  Luckily I had time to put the presents out quickly."

"It's so much easier now that we don't have to deal with all that," he stares forward at the fire as we both reminisce on our past visits here "I can't wait to sleep in a little now that Kaid finally doesn't believe anymore."

"Seriously I thought we'd never get past the Santa days."

As we talk, I hear someone running down the steps into the kitchen.  We both look over to see Ally, but she still refuses to even look at us as she walks through the room.

"You okay, honey?"

"I'm just getting some water."

She darts into the kitchen, trying to be extra quiet on her way back so we don't hear her.

"Hey what's wrong with you tonight?" Brad finally walks over to the kitchen himself, trying to figure it out "You've been really quiet."

"You really don't know?"

"No, Ally.  What is it?"

She runs upstairs, causing me to get up ready to chase her and get an answer, but before I can she's back in the kitchen handing Brad her phone. 

"Uhh Jen..." he walks over towards me, showing me the screen "I think I know why she won't look at us."

I read the messages, realizing I made a HUGE mistake earlier when I wanted to text Brad.

"You have your answer, can I get away from the two of you now?"

"Ally..." I sigh, thinking of how to go about this "Obviously you weren't supposed to see them.  I'm sorry, but you should have sent something.  We would have stopped."

"I was too grossed out!  You two have to be more careful.  This is the second time."

"We're sorry.  We'll pay more attention next time."

"Or just don't send anything at all."

"That's asking way too much of your dad."

"Guys!"

"We love you, Ally."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 132 27
Jesy and Leigh's story continues in Bucket Hat 2 :)
296 5 9
A story about Ben and Jeff's kids. Austin, Noah, Jenna, and surprise surprise Ben ended up having another kid. Find out who he or she is. This story...
5.9K 133 14
I went from a happy relationship to a broken marriage. Then after finding my husband cheating I created a whole new life. In the mist of all that I...
344K 8.9K 38
I met you and you changed my life. Then you went away and neither of us knew what would happen or if we'd ever meet again. Now...I'm never going to l...