Dark Side of the World // S.S...

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Nearly a month and a half after the death of a beloved pack member, Scott and his pack must travel outside th... More

Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Epilogue

Chapter 23

245 4 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

Season 5B

Stiles and I are sitting in the hospital waiting room awaiting news on his dad. He'd told me he found his dad bleeding and I jumped at the opportunity to go with him and find out how he was after surgery. Sheriff is one of my favorite adults in Beacon Hills.

Stiles walks up to the front desk after waiting impatiently, and I follow. The nurse looks up at him. "Stilinski, right? You said his insurance was with the county? He's a deputy?"

He shoots her an exasperated look and corrects her. "No, he's the sheriff, he's the county sheriff."

The nurse nods. "Okay. He's covered. I mean he should be covered."

Melissa arrives in that second and smiles between the three of us. "I'll take care of it. I texted Scott. He's coming as soon as he can."

Stiles shakes his head. "No, no, no. Don't, don't call anyone."

The nurse lets out a sigh. "Is there anyone else we need to notify? A next of kin?"

"No, it's me. It's just me."

We head back to the chairs and Stiles' eyes start getting watery. I pull him close to me and he rests his head on my shoulder as he drifts off to sleep.

He wakes up to see Melissa standing in front of us. "He's okay. Dr. Geyer is stitching him up right now."

"Okay. I wanna see him." Stiles says, instantly standing up.

"Okay, okay. The anesthesia needs to wear off. It's gonna be at least two hours."

"Okay, yeah, but everything's gonna be okay though, I mean, he's okay?"

Melissa gives him a soft smile and nods. "He's gonna be just fine."

Stiles lets out a relieved breath. "Oh, thank God."

He snuggles into me as tears start up again, this time, of relief.

Melissa and Dr. Geyer appear a little while later and tell us something happened with the sheriff. Stiles is, well, not taking it well. "What do you mean you don't know?! Two hours ago, he was fine! Now it looks like somebody took a baseball bat to his neck!"

Dr. Geyer frowns. "There could've been some minor internal..."

Stiles' eyes narrow. "Did you say, minor internal? Since when is anything internal minor?"

"Stiles..." Melissa calls gently.

He shakes his head angrily. "I need to know what's going on with him, okay? Dr. Geyer, somebody needs to tell me what's happening. Somebody needs to tell me what's happening to him!"

"We don't know." Dr. Geyer admits.

Stiles sees Scott and rushes him. I try to pull him back, but he instantly shrugs me off. He tackles Scott to the ground and yells, "Where were you?! You trusted him! You believed him! Right, huh?! So where were you?! Where the hell were you?!"

Hospital security pulls the two of them apart. "Okay, alright, alright." Stiles states in a calmer tone.

Scott says, "Your dad's not the only one who got hurt."

Scott hasn't changed his shirt from the one Theo's claws dug into. "Oh, you'll heal." Stiles retorts.

Scott shakes his head. "I'm not talking about me."

"Who are you talking about?" I ask.

Scott doesn't answer, but leads us to Lydia's room. She's in a catatonic state and Stiles' grabs my hand instantly.

We discuss with Parrish and Melissa regarding Lydia's condition. "It could be a side effect of shock." Parrish guesses.

Stiles nods. "She's catatonic. It was Theo digging his way through her mind."

I frown. "Why would he do that? What was he looking for?"

"The same thing he's always looking for." Stiles answers, rubbing my shoulder. "An advantage."

Parrish glances to me and back to my boyfriend. "So what did he gain by trying to kill Stilinski?"

Scott sighs. "It left me and Meg alone with Liam. Theo wanted to make sure no one would be there to stop him from killing me."

Stiles narrows his eyes. "Okay, so he gutted my dad as a distraction."

I cross my arms and say, "We need to find this kid."

Melissa frowns and meets my gaze. "Isn't that a little dangerous? Especially since he almost killed my kid? Meg, you remember that."

"He also put Lydia in a catatonic state. We need to find him."

Stiles shakes his head. "Yeah, but he said he didn't want my dad to die."

"And you believe him?" Parrish deadpans.

"He told me where to find him. So maybe he also knows how to save him."

"What do you want to do? Talk to him?"

"If it saves my dad, then yeah."

Scott steps towards Stiles. "I'll come with you. He doesn't know that I'm alive. Maybe that gives us an advantage."

I squeeze Stiles' hand. "I'll go too."

Stiles glances between us. "He'll know you two are there. I just need to talk to him. Not fight him."

Scott frowns. "Stiles, you can't go alone. Does anyone even know how to find him?"

"We don't have to find him. He'll come to me."

We get to Scott's house and place a line of Mountain Ash and Scott and I hide close by. Theo shows up and says, "I guess we're all telling the truth now."

"You killed my best friend? You left my girlfriend with an out-of-control werewolf?"

"Let's be honest, Stiles. Was he still really your best friend? As for Megara, well, she handled herself pretty well. Did you know that she's one of the most powerful demigods to exist?"

After a moment, Stiles asks, "Are you going to let my father die?"

"If I wanted him to die, I wouldn't have told you where you can find him."

"Then why are they saying his body is shutting down?" Stiles asks angrily. "That some toxin's poisoning him and they don't know how to stop it."

"I'm not the bad guy, Stiles. I'm just a realist. I'm a survivor. If you knew the things that I know..."

"Yeah, but what do you know?"

"I know what's coming. I know what the Dread Doctors created. And I know what Parrish is. Lydia figured it out."

"Right after you drove her out of her mind."

"Collateral damage. But if she's right about Parrish, then things around here are gonna get a lot worse."

I instantly grab onto Scott's arm as Stiles says, "I don't care."

"You should. Because if your dad does survive, he's not gonna be sheriff of anything much longer."

Stiles rushes Theo and is knocked down the stairs. I immediately run down to see him unconscious. Scott follows me down. "Stiles. Stiles." He holds a hand out and is brushed off. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

Stiles nods. "I'm fine."

"You blacked out, Skywalker." I tell him softly.

He glances to me and shrugs off Scott. "I'm okay." Turning back to Scott, he asks, "Did you get anything from him?"

Scott shakes his head. "Nothing. He was calm the entire time."

"Did his heart jump at all?" I question.

"Yeah, I heard it just, but only twice, and only for a second."

I purse my lips. "That doesn't mean he was lying."

Scott sighs. "Not really. The rest of the time it was steady."

"When did it jump?" Stiles asks curiously. "What was I talking about or what was he talking about?"

"The first time was when he mentioned Meg." Stiles glares, tightening his grip on my hand. "Then it was when you said that your dad was poisoned. That could be something."

"A jump could mean surprise, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, I think so."

Stiles frowns in confusion. "So why would he be surprised that my dad's still dying?"

"Oh, wait." Scott realizes. "He didn't say he was the one who attacked your dad, did he?"

"No."

I bite my lip. "Then it was probably someone else. Another chimera."

Stiles immediately walks out to an SUV and motions for me to get in. Once I do, he locks the doors. "Stiles?" Scott asks.

"Yeah, I can do the rest myself. Well, with her."

"You don't even know where to start. All we know is that it's another chimera. Do you even know where you're headed?" He starts the ignition. "Come on. Let me help. I can find the clues that you and Meg can't. You can't do this alone or with just her, okay? We're the Three Musketeers. You need all of us. I can get more help. I can text Liam."

"Liam just tried to kill you and hurt Meg." Stiles deadpans.

"Okay, then at least let me help."

Stiles drums his fingers on his steering wheel. "You believed him?"

"You trusted him too. Theo got to all of us."

"Not Meg. She knew he wasn't to be trusted. Anyway, you know, you don't even know the real story."

Scott shakes his head. "I don't need to. All that matters right now is your dad. Come on, Stiles. We survived an Alpha pack, a Dark Druid, professional assassins. We can survive Dread Doctors and chimeras, too."

"We're not looking for a missing chimera. We're looking for a missing teenager."

Stiles relents and unlocks the doors and Scott climbs in.

Stiles drives us to his house and we climb up the stairs to his room. We review police calls for potential missing kids. Stiles finds one that catches his eye. "There was a call a few hours ago about a missing sophomore from Beacon High who never came home last night."

"What's his name?" Scott asks.

"Noah Patrick."

Scott heads off to the school to get something of Noah's. He comes back shortly with a shirt. "Now we can catch his scent."

Malia walks in and gives a small smile. "Scott called me."

Stiles nods. "We need all the help we can get. I should be calling everyone."

"And I know what this kid looks like." She adds.

When we arrive at the warehouse, she focuses on catching Noah's scent. "I got it. I got his scent. This is Noah's." Malia says, inspecting the blood. "He was here."

Scott's eyes widen. "Guys...I think we've been down tunnels like this before when we were trying to find Liam and Hayden."

I nod slowly. "I knew this place looked familiar. So, what now, Scott?"

He meets my eyes. "Maybe it means we're closer than we think. Maybe there's something else down here. Something that we haven't found yet."

Stiles scoffs. "Yeah, nothing that helps my dad. Look, we can't just be standing around here waiting for something to..." A kid comes out of the shadows. Noah. He attacks Stiles and knocks him out. While I'd normally run over to Stiles, this kid just knocked my boyfriend unconscious.

Stiles wakes up and helps Scott to his feet while Malia and I attack Noah. We, or more specifically, Malia quickly gets the better of him. He shifts and begs, "Let me go, please, please. They're coming!"

Malia turns to me and I nod. She lets him go and he runs off, but is stopped by Stiles pushing him against a wall, arm to neck. "You're not going anywhere."

"I said I don't remember."

Stiles narrows his eyes. "You don't remember anything?"

Noah shakes his head. "No. Not when it happens. Not when I change."

"Stiles, let him go." I say, causing him to glare.

He turns back to Noah. "You clawed my dad half to death, okay, and now it's poisoning him. You're gonna start remembering every detail right now."

Malia suddenly perks up and says, "Scott, I hear them."

"Yeah, I do too. Hey, Stiles, get him out of here. Go to the hospital. Figure out a way to save your dad." He turns to me. "Meg, you go with them."

Malia frowns. "We're not gonna be able to stop them."

"But we can slow them down. Stiles, Meg, go!"

I shake my head and Stiles grabs my arm and Noah's as he pulls us away. We eventually come to a locked gate. Noah offers to shift. "Step back. I think I can break through it. It's just sometimes, most of the time, I lose control. So you better step back." Stiles shields me behind him as we step back. Noah shifts and large bony spikes grow from his arms. He slashes the chain and opens the gate. "Let's go."

I follow Stiles into his dad's room and he falls asleep at his dad's bedside. I lean against the wall and feel my eyes closing, but I force them to stay open. Sheriff opens his eyes and gives a soft smile. He touches his son's head gently. "It's okay, Stiles. You still got me."

Stiles' eyes get misty as he takes my hand. I place a hand on his shoulder and spin him so he's facing me. I wrap my arms around his neck and press a kiss to his cheek and hold him silently.

He pulls away and whispers, "Stay with me?"

"Of course. I think sleep would do us both some good."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 802 17
After Scott's pack defeated Void Stiles, they thought they had gotten rid of him for good. But when Stiles finds himself fighting a battle he can't w...
21.5K 409 54
Scott's pack has been through a lot over the course of nearly a year. They've gained friends and allies and have tragically lost some as well. Lucy a...
5.8K 227 9
*BASED ON TEENWOLF THE MOVIE ENDING* Scott calls Stiles to update him on what all happened; that the Nogitsune escaped thanks to Harris. Harris! Thei...
11.7K 269 38
Kya Hansen was invisible to all but one. Her rambling spaz she liked to call him. Six years before, she had died and was left wandering aimlessly. U...